Jyp Entertainment World Tour Audition

Guest =-Tara-=

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. There wasn't much publicity for the auditions. I would have missed it if I hadn't read the article on Rain's arrival in Singapore yesterday in Life. It was like a short one-liner at the end of the article that mentioned the auditions. Oh, and also the television ad for the auditions was at the last 10s of the advert for Rain's concert at Indoor stadium. haha.

Yep, I think maybe I'm gonna prepare one English and one chinese song. Just in case.

gaaaaaaawd, I'm nervous just thinking about standing in front of a panel of judges to sing. -__________-""

Guest oceanprince

so you mean if we have got through the auditions, they'll promote us to the chinese industry? OMG, i can't sing mandarin songs even though im a chinese.

oh btw, do we have to dance? becos the webpage said

Singing: Vocal part - unaccompanied, one paragraph prepared.

dance part - prepare music CD

(singapore area: dance music with be given in random)

but some one said earlier in the forums that singers just sing and dancers dance.

so im rather confused abt this part.

Guest =-Tara-=

nah...i think only those who are auditioning for dancer would need to dance.

i wanna go too but i prefer yg...

sighs...so any singaporeans going?? maybe i go root for u guys! :lol:

^ I thought of that too. But it's not everyday you get to audition. My friends and sister said that if you're even thinking about this now it means that you want to go. So just try!

>_< I prefer YG too. =.="

@oceanprince. I don't think you need to dance.=\

TARA! GO WITH US. >_<

^erm.. it makes me wonder, who are you guys auditioning for? a dancer? singer? actor? etc.

Anyway this audition is kind of sudden. Caught me completely off guard. hahaha. i prefer yg too and am planning to send a demo to yg later on this year. but i guess i'll try my luck with jyp first. no harm done right? :ph34r:

but honestly, i'm getting kind of freaked out about it because i found myself so unprepared for this.><

Ah! I went to the HK audition yesterday. (don't ask me how i did cause it brings back bad memories hahahahahaha! i was shaking really badly)

but yeah, around about 150 people auditioned.

majority of the people did dancing.

quite a few did singing

but only a few did mc/acting.

from what i saw, i think that jyp chose people judging on looks; maybe they'll choose the people who have talent when they rewatch their audition tapes in korea.

4 people were asked to stay behind because they got into the second round and they were all good looking.

3/4 were dancers and the other one was modeling/singing.

GOOD LUCK to everyone whose going to the auditions soon! :D

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

^ it's okay, i am sure theyll rewatch the videos in korea... lol ur audition remind me of mine.. the san mateo one.. lol they kinda went for the look/image thingy too..

Ah! I went to the HK audition yesterday. (don't ask me how i did cause it brings back bad memories hahahahahaha! i was shaking really badly)

but yeah, around about 150 people auditioned.

majority of the people did dancing.

quite a few did singing

but only a few did mc/acting.

from what i saw, i think that jyp chose people judging on looks; maybe they'll choose the people who have talent when they rewatch their audition tapes in korea.

4 people were asked to stay behind because they got into the second round and they were all good looking.

3/4 were dancers and the other one was modeling/singing.

GOOD LUCK to everyone whose going to the auditions soon! :D

Hey! feel better alright. at least you gave it a shot. you'll never know, maybe you will get a call soon. :D

Honestly, i never knew jyp is like that. i thought only SM go for the look and talent thingy.

erm..hope you don't mind me asking, but how did the audition system go?

like were you spilt up into groups like the SM auditions or??

^hahaha aww thanks guys! :)

i don't know if the audition system is the same everywhere, but as for yesterdays,

you hand in your application form and they give you a number

and then you perform in front of one judge, and basically everyone (i thought it was going to be in a room and you perform either individually or in a group)

i hesitated a while because the gym was full of people, but i thought, how often does jyp hold auditions here and i know i'd regret it if i didnt try out, it doesn't hurt to try and you gain experience :)

oh really? i didnt know SM auditions are like that, so they split you into groups?

and yeah, i never though jyp was like that too.

i was quite surprised to see some people asked to stay behind when they weren't that appealing talent wise, but rather good looking.

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

^ wow urs was almost exactly like the san mateo one LOL. the finalist were good but .. yeah other people sang better lol if u wanna read about it just go dig up that thread. curiosity was the judge a woman?

As for the SM one, yeah they split up people in groups.. like 10 at a time etc.. they didnt really hold back the "pretty people" more like the talented people.. so yeah.

^nope, the judge was a guy.

tho...there was a lady there who assisted you, she was quite nice...but i could tell she was specially nice to the pretty people! HAHAAHAH like she took notice of them more, but then again, i don't blame her cause prettier people are always more attractive.

ooooh, so you mean, SM actually took notice of the talented people more than the pretty people?

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

^ oh lol the judge for the san mateo one was a pretty lady haha but yeah.. surprisingly yes.. sm took notice of the talented people.. well of course if ur pretty.. they'll notice u too and more beneficial.. but yeah they were more interested towards the talent category.. cuz the people they held back either can dance or sing helka good

Archived