Jyp Entertainment World Tour Audition

Guest =-Tara-=

Guest =-Tara-=

For more information please go to this website http://www.jype.com/audition.town

Audition Sections: Singer, Actor, VJ, MC, Model

Auditions Schedule: Hong Kong /January 20th /15.00/ KIS Korean International School Gymnasium

Singapore/ January 27th /8.00 /Mediacorp

Malaysia /January 28th/ 10.00 /South City Plaza

Thailand /February 10th /14.00

Taiwan /February 17th /14.00

Auditions will be held in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Taiwan.

Participants can be aged 10 to 25 years old.

Participants under 14 years old should have parent agreement.

So anyone joining??? :D

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend and sister are encouraging me to go. I'm kinda nervous though.

No idea what to sing!>_< Probably an english song. My other friend said that I shouldn't sing a guy's song cause I'm a girl so yeah. =( But I was thinking of FTTS.>_<

Guest lovejoo

EWWWWWWWWW. this sucks :[

why cant they make it hong kong - FEB 20th T_T"!!

im sad now T_T" i live in the us but im going on a trip to hk in feb :[!!

*sad sad*

Guest tvxqsaraeng

wow they are doing it in asia again? why not usa or canada . geez

Its because they are looking for Chinese trainees. If you look at the countries they are predominantly Chinese.The casting guy for Jype said that they are looking for Chinese trainees specifically but there will be one in the US and Canada in late Sept. early Oct. So stay tuned.

I went to the site and this pic,

http://www.jype.com/image/sing.html

Does it mean that to be a singer, you need to dance too? (i'm horrified actually. O_O too little time to do a dance routine..>_<)

No. It's just a category! ^^~ IT means the singer category needs to have an acapella song and a paragraph ready (<--w/e that means) The dancer category needs a Cd and etc...^^~~

EDIT:

Here's the original quotes:

Koreas top record label JYP entertainment will be holding auditions in the US again. JYP is known for housing Rain (Bi), Noel, GOD, Lim Jung Hee amongts others. Furthermore, JYP isproducing for top American artists such as Omarion, 3lw, JoJO, Will Smith and Outkast. We are specifically looking for CHINESE AMERICAN talent--but everyone is welcome to come. We are also looking for a new member (where race/ethnicity doesnt matter) for a new project group. Auditions will be held in late September and early October but speficic details are still in the works. Stay posted for details.

Guest lovejoo

^ i think the paragraph is like a 'introduction of yourself' paragraph? >_>

IM CHINESE COME TO NEW YORK T_T"

is anyone going to tryout? :o

Its because they are looking for Chinese trainees. If you look at the countries they are predominantly Chinese.The casting guy for Jype said that they are looking for Chinese trainees specifically but there will be one in the US and Canada in late Sept. early Oct. So stay tuned.

No. It's just a category! ^^~ IT means the singer category needs to have an acapella song and a paragraph ready (<--w/e that means) The dancer category needs a Cd and etc...^^~~

EDIT:

Here's the original quotes:

yea exactly.. thye said they are looking for chinese americans specifically and then they go to to chinese speaking coutnries but they are "fobs" so what are they exactly doing.. so confusing unless they want to expand their options changing it to just "chinese" now instead of "Chinese americans".. :blink:

Guest Hitorijime

You mean this year (07) right? And Canada? YES. Probably Toronto and Vancouver again, like SM. This is good, cause I have a better chance. x)

Guest Hitorijime

um. that was quoeted last aug o6.

did it they mean the auditions were for sept/oct o6?

................. :/

Yeah, that's why i asked. x_X Meh, either way, I'll just audition for Bros.

Why are they looking for models and actors too? Hmm, well I don't know a lot about JYP Entertainment but they sure are strict, then again, a lot of entertainment businesses are! HEY, I'm Chinese-American, pick me :D I know fluent Chinese and English! Mostly just Canton, but I understand Mandarin too! :) So when do you think they're coming to the US...?

EDIT: Only says like Asian countries, how are they going to find Chinese-Americans there?!

Archived