Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

Jung-Il-Woo_4.jpg

Jung Il Woo Talks About Regrets From His 20s And New Environmentally-Friendly Project

Jung Il Woo gave an update on what he’s been up to in the October issue of The Neighbor magazine.

After completing mandatory military service in November 2018, the actor made a comeback by starring in SBS’s “Haechi,” publishing the lifestyle magazine Kribbit, and filming the KBS documentary “Wilderness Exploration: Wild Map” (literal title). In addition, he also walked Camino de Santiago for the third time and completed a short language training course in London.

Read more on Soompi

• Like 1

8 hours ago, irilight said:

Jung Il Woo Talks About Regrets From His 20s And New Environmentally-Friendly Project

Jung Il Woo gave an update on what he’s been up to in the October issue of The Neighbor magazine.

After completing mandatory military service in November 2018, the actor made a comeback by starring in SBS’s “Haechi,” publishing the lifestyle magazine Kribbit, and filming the KBS documentary “Wilderness Exploration: Wild Map” (literal title). In addition, he also walked Camino de Santiago for the third time and completed a short language training course in London.

Read more on Soompi

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. Ahh...........so, he was hasty during his 20s, huh? I heard that he created a room spray called 'his' - :P

• Like 1

Jung Il Woo & Jin Se Yun To Show Off Their Culinary Skills In New KBS Entertainment Program

20191009_112130-660x400.jpg

Bringing on their candid side, Jung Il Woo and Jin Se Yun gear up for their first variety show mainstay stint.

Broadening their artistry, the popular Korean wave actors settle their next goal picking entertainment show appearance for their next project. This new entertainment show from KBS reunite Jung and Jin since their well-loved web series, High-End Crush.

Jung Il Woo

Recently, Jung has also began his editorial work for a magazine after completing his post-military comeback drama, Haechi.

Meanwhile, Jin also appeared in MBC drama Item this year.

Both actors are set to join veterans Lee Kyung Kyu and Lee Young Ja for 신상출시 편스토랑 New Release Convenience Store Restaurant (LT).

Taking the currently trending convenience store themed program, six celebrities will have a friendly competition. To be judged by a panel, the dish that will be chosen will be launched in convenience stores around the country the day after the broadcast.

Jung Il Woo

A first regular variety show project for Jung and Jin

Debuted in 2006 through sitcom, Unstoppable High Kick, Jung Il Woo has established his Hallyu star status being loved by fans across Asia. Notably, this is the first time he decided to make a fixed appearance in an entertainment program.

Known for his gourmet skills and culinary expertise, Jung frequents hidden restaurants in exploring the best tasting food. Apart from his regular generous spirit promoting good will and engaging to charity works, this year he also embarked on a magazine project.

Early this year, Jung launched lifestyle magazine, Kribbit, where he also acts as an editor. He also filmed the KBS documentary Wild Exploration Project Wild Map in October.

Jung Il Woo said, “I love cooking and making delicious dishes for my family and acquaintances. It is my pleasure to be able to do good things through these programs. I would like to be able to give you a new look.”

Loved for her bright charm and pure image, Jin Se Yun preps up to show her cooking skills and unfiltered daily life in the show. She has worked in acclaimed dramas Doctor Stranger, Flower in Prison and Grand Prince to name a few.

Raising expectations, the combination of variety show stars and popular actors aim to present an extraordinary show that will be loved by the audience. It is also paving the way for good media commerce with a show being powered  by  star talent donation.

New Release Convenience Store Restaurant is set to premiere on October 25, 9:45 p.m. on KBS.

Sources: Sports Chosun 1, 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 1:57 AM, willenette said:

*** I didn't know that JIW loves cooking. :P Looking forward to this variety show.

Hi @willenette. I think we saw him some time ago in that famous French Restaurant on an Island, "Saint Michel?"

I am excited to see more of his culinary skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

f68ce24afdf845c98f431d3e51a738da.jpeg?s=

Watch: Jung Il Woo Shares A Look Into His Home + Impresses With Cooking Skills In New Variety Show

Jung Il Woo has shared a look into his café-like home!

He appeared on the October 25 episode of the new KBS 2TV variety show “New Item Release, Convenience Store Restaurant” (literal title). The program focuses on six stars who reveal dishes they created, which are then judged by a panel. The winning menu is then released in convenience stores across the country the day after the broadcast.

2.jpg

The episode featured Jung Il Woo’s home, which made many of the hosts exclaim, “His house looks like some sort of coffee shop.” He lives with his parents in this house, and regarding the various frog decorations around his house, Jung Il Woo explained, “My nickname is Jung Frog.”

Regarding his lavish and well-equipped kitchen, Jung Il Woo shared, “I enjoy buying glasses and plates. Almost all of these are ones that I’ve bought.”

3.jpg

The actor then went on to make breakfast for himself, and he knew immediately what to make after a quick scan of the fridge. He impressed both the hosts and panelists with his cooking skills and even made a little extra food for his older sister

source

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, irilight said:

Hi @willenette. I think we saw him some time ago in that famous French Restaurant on an Island, "Saint Michel?"

I am excited to see more of his culinary skills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watch: Jung Il Woo Shares A Look Into His Home + Impresses With Cooking Skills In New Variety Show

Jung Il Woo has shared a look into his café-like home!

He appeared on the October 25 episode of the new KBS 2TV variety show “New Item Release, Convenience Store Restaurant” (literal title). The program focuses on six stars who reveal dishes they created, which are then judged by a panel. The winning menu is then released in convenience stores across the country the day after the broadcast.

The episode featured Jung Il Woo’s home, which made many of the hosts exclaim, “His house looks like some sort of coffee shop.” He lives with his parents in this house, and regarding the various frog decorations around his house, Jung Il Woo explained, “My nickname is Jung Frog.”

Regarding his lavish and well-equipped kitchen, Jung Il Woo shared, “I enjoy buying glasses and plates. Almost all of these are ones that I’ve bought.”

The actor then went on to make breakfast for himself, and he knew immediately what to make after a quick scan of the fridge. He impressed both the hosts and panelists with his cooking skills and even made a little extra food for his older siste

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. No idea about this St. Michael French restaurant - I've learned MORE about him reading what you shared above. I didn't know that he lives with his parents, though. The frog has also found its way as symbols for organizations and businesses that use the face of the frog for attention and capturing the interest of the media. The Egyptians consider the frogs as a symbol of life and fertility. Chinese who worship the “three legged frogs” as usurers of wealth and good fortune. Frogs are used to attract wealth and prosperity for their owners. :P

35 Korean Dramas You Subconsciously Watch When You Are Feeling Down

Heart-fluttering Korean Romance dramas are as good as sweets and ice cream!

Survey says that a true K-drama fan has a saved list of comfort dramas, kept on all devices. When the going gets tough, those drama pills are summoned from its virtual location to cure its owner.

There are dramas that you watch as a yearly tradition or when you need to clear excess thoughts or emotions. Whether you are a nube or you have been watching on a regular basis, you have a special go-to drama list that you rely on. Especially at times when the currently airing dramas do not fit your palate.

Although a plethora of interesting genres have graced kdramaland through the years, romance stories remain to be the perennial favorites to satisfy your cravings.

The sighs, swoons, squeals, and the wish-we-can-be-those-lead-girl-moments are unexplained therapeutic stress pills that have sustained K-drama following. Fan service series maintains its popularity owing to its iconic sweet scenes and memorable love stories.

Sometimes, the heart-fluttering moments even spur a free pass for audience to forego bad plot as long as regular doses of bickering and saccharine frames are generously distributed each episode.

There are a lot of reasons why we love these kind of dramas. But it all boils down to its addictive drive that puts us on trance to watch it over and over again, without getting tired of it.

Here are some of the best comfort K-Dramas to brighten up your somber mood.

15. Cool Guys Hot Ramen (Jung Il Woo and Lee Chung Ah)

Cool-Guys-Hot-Ramen.jpg

Cool Guys Hot Ramen combines the rom-com essentials of cohabitation, mean love triangle, and rich-boy-poor-girl plot to create a memorable love chronicle. The adorable chasing of the lead man to make his noona romance come true is crazily sweet and the heart-stopping kisses are just love bombs.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

• Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우
  • 2 weeks later...

@willenette, ah... Flower Boy Ramen Shop was my first drama to watch Jung Il-Woo. I adored him then, and I adore him now. Like good wine, he only got better with age.

Thank you for the information about the frog. I did not know that...

Why Ilwoo had to rest for years [Star’s Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant/2019.12.09]

I am enjoying his culinary skills too.. But I'd love to see him in a drama as a chef.

44 minutes ago, irilight said:

@willenette, ah... Flower Boy Ramen Shop was my first drama to watch Jung Il-Woo. I adored him then, and I adore him now. Like good wine, he only got better with age.

Thank you for the information about the frog. I did not know that...

Why Ilwoo had to rest for years [Star’s Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant/2019.12.09]

I am enjoying his culinary skills too.. But I'd love to see him in a drama as a chef.

Hi irilight, I very much agree with you about comparing him to wine.............. Thanks for sharing the video. Like you, I also love to see him in a drama playing the role of a chef.  :P

• Like 1

6 Addicting K-Dramas To Binge-Watch Over The Holidays

The holidays are finally almost here, and you know what that means. ‘Tis the season to binge-watch! Here are our recommendations for your holiday binge-list.

Cinderella and Four Knights

cinderella-and-four-knights.jpg

Starring Park So Dam from the award-winning film “Parasite,” “Cinderella and Four Knights” is about Eun Ha Won, a woman who ends up living with the three wealthy sons of a corporate family and is charged with an intriguing task related to her housemates. The cast includes the handsome actors Jung Il Woo, Ahn Jae Hyun, and Lee Jung Shin. The resolute high schooler Eun Ha Won has not had an easy life. Find out how her life gets turned upside down as she lives with three spoiled young men!

Check out “Cinderella and Four Knights” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, irilight said:

JungIlwoo receives 'Best Rookie Award' [2019 KBS Entertainment Awards Ep 1]

His acceptance speech with English subs:

Hi irilight, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thanks for sharing this. It's just so NICE watching a video when you can understand what it's all about. :lol: Finally...............I'm done watching his drama,"Haechi -" And this time I've watched it continuously.  This drama has presented elaborated production design and decent warring scenes. The action scenes were nicely choreographed and the settings looked realistic. I guess the story started really slow since the drama introduces many characters to the viewers. Hence, it’s sometimes boring, but the story was intriguing. Love it! :lol:

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, willenette said:

It's just so NICE watching a video when you can understand what it's all about.

@willenette,hi  says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif    Happy New Year! not-available.gif  not-available.gifparty-sparkler-smiley-emoticon.gif
Yes! I agree. Did you have a chance to watch this variety show? Is is available with English subs?

On 1/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, willenette said:

.I'm done watching his drama,"Haechi -" And this time I've watched it continuously.

I loved "Haechi", but I am not sure if I would have liked it as much, not with Jung Il Woo. He really cemented my appreciation of this drama.

• Like 1

On 10 January 2020 at 8:27 PM, irilight said:

@willenette,hi  says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif    Happy New Year! not-available.gif  not-available.gifparty-sparkler-smiley-emoticon.gif
Yes! I agree. Did you have a chance to watch this variety show? Is is available with English subs?

I loved "Haechi", but I am not sure if I would have liked it as much, not with Jung Il Woo. He really cemented my appreciation of this drama.

Hi Irilight, what I was referring was the video clip you posted above. :P

• Like 1

8 K-Dramas With Sizzling Chemistry Between The Leads

Arguably one of the most important aspects of a drama is the chemistry between the leading actors, and this can determine how immersed viewers will be with the story. How well the actors vibe with each other has a significant impact on how we connect with the drama.

Here are some memorable examples of dramas where the synergy of the leads brought more life to the script:

Cinderella and Four Knights

Park So Dam’s character Eun Ha Won is hired by a rich family to be a live-in housekeeper for three cousins Kang Hyun Min (Ahn Jae Hyun), Kang Ji Woon (Jung Il Woo), and Kang Seo Woo (Lee Jung Shin). A major charm of this drama is its skillful use of stereotypical K-drama cliches, which could be hard to watch if done poorly, but Park So Dam and her male co-stars embrace them fully with great teamwork for an addicting drama you won’t want to stop watching.

cinderella_almost-kiss-.gif

cinderella_love-triangle2.gif

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

7 K-Dramas To Watch If You Loved “Parasite”

“Parasite” just made history at the Oscars, and Bong Joon Ho’s captivating story is an instant favorite of many movie addicts as well.

If you enjoyed this brilliantly written comedy-drama, you might be on the hunt for movies and shows that bring you the same excitement. The world of K-dramas is full of elements we all loved in “Parasite”; the conflict between the rich and the poor is a reoccurring theme, and we can meet many masters of deception while watching these shows.

Whether you want to see more works of your favorite “Parasite” actors, or you are just looking for some suspense and drama, you are in the right place! Take a look at our list of amazing dramas, and choose one to start binge watching this weekend!

“Cinderella and Four Knights”

A classic romantic comedy after all these thrilling moments and black comedies is what we need! If you liked Park So Dam in “Parasite” (also known as Jessica, Illinois, Chicago), check out one of her most iconic roles as the female lead in “Cinderella and Four Knights”! Her character is a real modern-life cinderella, moving in with four handsome billionaire cousins. She is terrific, and this heartfelt drama is a great way to relax after a stressful week!

Watch “Cinderella and Four Knights”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

*** Jung Il Woo has been cast in a new drama, "Late Night Couple."  He plays a sexy chef who runs a night eatery. Well, this project comes at the right time & to the right person. We just need to hear news about a suitable leading lady for him.  The drama is slated to air in the second half of this year, and network yet to be confirmed. :lol:

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, willenette said:

*** Jung Il Woo has been cast in a new drama, "Late Night Couple."  He plays a sexy chef who runs a night eatery. Well, this project comes at the right time & to the right person. We just need to hear news about a suitable leading lady for him.  The drama is slated to air in the second half of this year, and network yet to be confirmed. :lol:

@willenette, thank you. Below is a confirmation.  Looks like it is going to be on SBS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung Il-woo Confirms Role in "Late Snack Man and Woman"

photo1158612.jpg

Actor Jung Il-woo is starring in a new drama called "Late Snack Man and Woman" (writer Park Seung-hye, PD Song Ji-won) as Park Jin-seong.

Park Jin-seong is the sexy chef of a midnight restaurant. He is good looking with a good physique and loves cooking, making him the 'sexy cooking man'. He is even more attractive because he has a secret no one knows about. Jung Il-woo is apparently changing his looks and using detailed props to look like Park Jin-seong.

It is particularly important to note that Jung Il-woo is playing the role of a chef. Jung Il-woo is a known epicure and loves cooking. He's shown that he can use a Chinese knife in the KBS 2TV show "Fun Restaurant". He always receives high credit with new menus and is responsible for one of the top 3 menus that were created on the show.

It's been a year since the actor was in a drama, the latest being SBS's "Haechi", and he's very excited to be working with good staff and co-stars.

Meanwhile, "Late Snack Man and Woman" begins later in 2020.

source

On 2/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, irilight said:

@willenette, thank you. Below is a confirmation.  Looks like it is going to be on SBS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung Il-woo Confirms Role in "Late Snack Man and Woman"

Actor Jung Il-woo is starring in a new drama called "Late Snack Man and Woman" (writer Park Seung-hye, PD Song Ji-won) as Park Jin-seong.

Park Jin-seong is the sexy chef of a midnight restaurant. He is good looking with a good physique and loves cooking, making him the 'sexy cooking man'. He is even more attractive because he has a secret no one knows about. Jung Il-woo is apparently changing his looks and using detailed props to look like Park Jin-seong.

It is particularly important to note that Jung Il-woo is playing the role of a chef. Jung Il-woo is a known epicure and loves cooking. He's shown that he can use a Chinese knife in the KBS 2TV show "Fun Restaurant". He always receives high credit with new menus and is responsible for one of the top 3 menus that were created on the show.

It's been a year since the actor was in a drama, the latest being SBS's "Haechi", and he's very excited to be working with good staff and co-stars.

Meanwhile, "Late Snack Man and Woman" begins later in 2020.

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. It seems that there's a new title for this drama, huh? I'm curious who will be his female partner in the drama. So, this will be on SBS. Can't wait! :lol:

• Like 1