Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

“Sweet Munchies” Cast Gets Closer As They Enjoy Filming At The Beach

b554f465c0ef4c019f5c36e962ef8ecd.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies” has released new behind-the-scenes stills showing off the cast members’ friendship!

“Sweet Munchies” is a romantic comedy in which a man and woman fight over the same man. It follows the story of the unconventional love triangle between the bistro chef Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), the producing director Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), and the genius designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo).

In the previous episode, the production team of Park Jin Sung and Kim Ah Jin’s cooking program took a trip to the beach. The trip became an important turning point in their relationships with each other as they had honest conversations and enjoyed their time together. The love triangle between Park Jin Sung, Kim Ah Jin, and Kang Tae Wan was also ignited.

The behind-the-scenes stills are a testament to the cast members’ friendship. They all wear different colored tracksuits, which are their team uniforms, and smile brightly, laughing and playing around in front of the camera.

The actors all did their part to make sure the filming went smoothly. Jung Il Woo was very friendly on set and took good care of his co-stars and staff. Kang Ji Young also brightened the mood with her energetic smile and easygoing manner. Finally, Lee Hak Joo, whose character is known for his cold charismatic aura, was the exact opposite of his role behind the camera. His friendliness and jokes were said to have given an energy boost to everyone on set.

Jung Il Woo reminisced about the filming, saying, “While we were filming, all of the actors and staff grew closer.

Because of that, it felt like we were just going on a trip with friends. We had a really fun time.” Lee Hak Joo also commented, “Since we all got to know each other quickly, we were able to converse a lot in each scene. We also suggested ideas that would bring more life to the scene.”

The drama’s production team commented, “The actors’ teamwork is really great. They’re very passionate about their roles and were very considerate of each other, so the set was always full of energy. It was thanks to their hard work that they could have such special chemistry on screen.” The production team added, “From here on out the love triangle will get even more exciting, so we ask for your continued support.”

“Sweet Munchies” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9 p.m. KST.

Catch up on the latest episode on Viki below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 8-14, 2020

dramaratings_3.jpg

"Sweet Munchies" actually fell below the 1 percent mark (ouch). :o

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-8-14-2020/

Monday, June 8      
Born Again 29 KBS 2.2%
Born Again 30 KBS 2.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 9 MBC 3.5%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 10 MBC 4.4%
Good Casting 13 SBS 8.4%
Sweet Munchies 5 JTBC 0.8%
My Unfamiliar Family 3 tvN 3.3%
Tuesday, June 9      
Born Again 31 KBS 1.7%
Born Again 32 KBS 2.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 11 MBC 3.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 12 MBC 3.9%
Good Casting 14 SBS 8.5%
Sweet Munchies 6 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 4 tvN 3.9%
  • Like 1

Jung Il Woo And Kang Ji Young Are Closer Than Ever Before In “Sweet Munchies”

c6ac4b0b2551475e9cb996656ff09e55.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Sweet Munchies” has released new stills showing Kang Ji Young and Jung Il Woo getting closer than ever.

“Sweet Munchies” is a romantic comedy in which a man and woman fight over the same man. It follows the story of the unconventional love triangle between the bistro chef Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), the producing director Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), and the genius designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo).

Spoilers

Till now, Kim Ah Jin has been under the belief that Park Jin Sung likes men, so the two have been hiding their emotions for each other. But the previous episode had one of Park Jin Sung’s ex-girlfriends making an appearance, and he risked all of his lies being revealed.

The new stills show the two almost leaning in for a kiss. Kim Ah Jin looks tipsy as she stars at Park Jin Sung with love in her eyes, and he is unable to look away. The preview video for the upcoming episode teased a new turn in their dynamics as Kim Ah Jin is set to make a drunken confession as she asks, “If you didn’t like men, would you have liked me?”

Kang-Ji-Young-Jung-Il-Woo.jpg

Though they have both had feelings for each other, Park Jin Sung’s lie that he is interested in men has stopped anything from happening. It will be interesting to see what brings them to this moment, where they seem to be leaning in for a kiss. The production staff shared, “Park Jin Sung risks getting his lies discovered with the appearance of his ex-girlfriend, and his fate will be decided in the upcoming episode. Both Park Jin Sung and Kim Ah Jin are swept up in a wave of emotions. Please keep watching to see if romance will finally blossom between the two.”

The upcoming episode of “Sweet Munchies” will air on June 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

9 Culinary K-Dramas That Will Tickle Your Taste Buds

Food plays a major role in Korean culture and is strongly present in Korean television. While most viewers get starry-eyed over the lead characters or the compelling story, some have their hearts captivated by the magic that happens in the kitchen. Both Korean and international cuisine in K-dramas never fail to make our mouths water. If you love teasing your taste buds while watching a great comedy, drama, or sageuk, we have just the thing for you in the list below!

1. “Sweet Munchies

Sweet-Munchies.gif

This romantic comedy stars Jung Il Woo as Chef Park Jin Sung, Kang Ji Young as variety show PD Kim Ah Jin, and Lee Hak Joo as designer Kang Tae Wan. The love triangle binding these three characters is quite interesting, as the fight this time is over a man.

Park Jin Sung owns a bistro where many people come to heal their hearts and leave their stress behind through his delicious food. Watching succulent treats being served at this restaurant day in and day out is sure to get your stomach growling with every take, especially tofu stew, fried chicken, and more. Jung Il Woo’s inner chef manifests himself abundantly through his unique meal preparation process, and the fact that he personally took part in cooking makes it all the more relatable and intriguing to watch!

Sweet-Munchies2.jpg

Catch the first episode of “Sweet Munchies”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated...)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 15-21, 2020

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-15-21-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Sweet Munchies, unfortunately, settling in at 0.6 percent with both of its episodes.

Monday, June 15      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 13 MBC 3.0%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 14 MBC 3.7%
Good Casting 15 SBS 8.1%
Sweet Munchies 7 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 5 tvN 3.2%
Tuesday, June 16      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 15 MBC 3.0%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 16 MBC 4.2%
Good Casting 16 SBS 9.8%
Sweet Munchies 8 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 6 tvN 4.1%
  • Like 1

“Sweet Munchies” Previews Jung Il Woo, Kang Ji Young, And Lee Hak Joo At The Police Station

ad8d9047874f493bb52270119aa68dcd.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo, Kang Ji Young, and Lee Hak Joo will be encountering a difficult situation in the upcoming episode of “Sweet Munchies.”

In the still images revealed ahead of the ninth episode, the three are receiving questioning at the police station along with producing director Noh Jae Soo (Park Sung Joon) and writer Yoo Sung Eun (Gong Min Jung), drawing curiosity about what happened.

A potential clue was revealed in the preview video for the episode. At Bistro, a man who appears to be a customer approaches Jin Sung and says, “Do you even want to talk about being gay on broadcast?” This causes Tae Wan to angrily attack the man, leading to trouble that may lead to police questioning.

The ninth episode of “Sweet Munchies” will air on June 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Watch the previous episode below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우 | Current Drama: Sweet Munchies (JTBC)
On 5/28/2020 at 10:00 PM, irilight said:

I loved both "Flower Ramen Boy Shop" and "49 Days."
I think "Flower Boy Ranyun Shop" was my first Drama that I watched with him, and I followed it with "49 Days." His role in "49 Days" is so unique, and he was so good at it, I cannot imagine anyone else doing it justice like Jung Il-Woo did.

Me too, I watched 'Flower Boy Ramen Shop' then I found '49 Days' because I could not get enough of him. I could never imagine anyone else playing The Scheduler. II Woo is the reason I found Soompi. The obsession was and is still realiminlovebebeh.gif?1

@willenette Thank you for posting all the updates:heart:  I feel bad for II Woo and the cast that the ratings are low too.

Edited by evie7
  • Love 2

***This is good news but another historical drama? Well, I hope he accepts this offer, though. I hope it is a good script.  :blush:

Jung Il Woo In Talks To Lead New Historical Drama

c8cb27f816044c79bbfd05ca6e6e8bd5.jpeg?s=

We may be seeing Jung Il Woo in a new drama soon!

On June 29, it was reported that Jung Il Woo is set to join the upcoming historical drama “Bossam – Stealing Fate” (literal title).” A source from his agency responded by stating, “It’s true that Jung Il Woo has received the script for this drama and he is currently looking over the offer.”

Bossam – Stealing Fate” will tell the story of a person who accidentally kidnaps a princess. Jung Il Woo is said to have been offered the leading role of Ba Woo, who engages in the practice of connecting widows, who had no hopes of getting remarried, with new husbands. He was framed for conspiracy by someone at a young age and though he was able to escape with his life, he has had to hide his identity and live in poverty since.

The drama will be set during the reign of King Gwanghae, and revolve around Ba Woo and princess Soo Kyung. It will be a story of life and love that touches upon the oppression experienced by women and the impoverished. Screenwriters Kim Ji Soo and Park Cheol will be writing the script, and PD (producing director) Kwon Seok Jang, who has worked on “Golden Time” and “Miss Korea,” will lead the production, with the drama set to air in the first half of 2021.

Jung Il Woo currently stars in JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies,” which will be airing its final episode on June 30. Catch up with the series below and stay tuned for more updates!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 22-28, 2020

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-22-28-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Monday, June 22      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 17 MBC 3.5%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 18 MBC 4.9%
Sweet Munchies 9 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 7 tvN 3.6%
Tuesday, June 23      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 19 MBC 3.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 20 MBC 4.8%
Sweet Munchies 10 JTBC 0.5%
My Unfamiliar Family 8 tvN 4.7%
  • Thanks 2

[SBS Star] Jung il Woo Is to Lead Another Historical Drama?

201445298_1280.jpg

Actor Jung il Woo is reportedly leading another historical drama following his successful historical drama 'Haechi' last year. On June 29, news outlet Ilgan Sports reported that Jung il Woo will star in an upcoming historical drama 'Bossam - Stealing Fate' (literal title).

Jung il Woo'Bossam - Stealing Fate' is about a story of a kidnapper who accidentally kidnaps the princess. According to the report,

Jung il Woo will be playing the role of 'Ba-woo', who engages in the practice of connecting widows with new husbands. 'Ba-woo' was framed for conspiracy by someone at a very young age. Although he was lucky to have escaped with his life, he had to hide his identity and live in poverty since. Jung il WooIn response to this report, Jung il Woo's management agency said, "We are still considering the offer for 'Bossam - Stealing Fate' at the moment." They continued, "It still hasn't been decided whether Jung il Woo will definitely join the drama yet, but it is highly likely to happen." Jung il WooIt is still undecided which broadcasting station will air the drama, but it is currently scheduled to begin broadcasting in the first half of next year. (Credit= 'jilwww' Instagram) (SBS Star)

source : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005858759

• Like 1

Jung Il Woo, Kang Ji Young, And Lee Hak Joo Share Their Final Thoughts Ahead Of “Sweet Munchies” Finale

a5fc6e9c754c45eba3421cb43e4fc515.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Sweet Munchies” is coming to an end, and its leading roles have shared their final remarks!

“Sweet Munchies” will be airing its final episode on June 30, and Jung Il Woo, Kang Ji Young, and Lee Hak Joo talked about the drama coming to an end.

Jung-Il-Woo-Kang-Ji-Young-Lee-Hak-Joo1.j

Jung Il Woo has been playing the role of Park Jin Sung, a talented chef. Not only did he warm the hearts of viewers with sweet romance, but he also displayed a myriad of emotions of someone feeling guilty over what happened as a result of his lies. Jung Il Woo stated, “I wanted this to be a drama that could be a warm comfort to viewers after a busy day. Most of all, I was happy to be with Jin Sung, who experienced growing pains and matured as a result of it. I hope ‘Sweet Munchies’ will be a drama that stays with viewers for a long time.”

“Sweet Munchies” was Kang Ji Young’s first Korean drama and she took on the role of PD (producing director) Kim Ah Jin. She said,

“This drama was even more special because it was the first time in a while I was active in Korea.” She looked back on her role as she said, “Ah Jin is the type of person who, if she falls over while running, will get back up and keep going. I was so happy to live as Ah Jin, who held on, made opportunities for herself, and had great courage. All of the love and support I’ve received while filming has given me so much strength. Six months of filming and we’ve reached the final episode. I hope everyone enjoys it and I hope to greet you again even better than before.”

Lee Hak Joo played the role of genius designer Kang Tae Wan, and he said, “I’m sad that ‘Sweet Munchies’ is coming to an end because I poured all of my concentration in the drama and enjoyed filming it.” He added, “Everyone who worked with me worked so hard, and I’m so grateful to them. I also wish to sincerely thank our viewers for staying with us till the end. I hope ‘Sweet Munchies’ will stay in the hearts of viewers for a long time.” He concluded with, “I hope to greet you again with another great project. Please continue to share your love with me.”

Jung-Il-Woo-Kang-Ji-Young2.jpg

Ahead of the final episode, “Sweet Munchies” has also shared new stills of Park Jin Sung and Kim Ah Jin sitting across from each other. His head is hanging low and Ah Jin is shedding tears. The production staff stated, “Park Jin Sung’s lies will continue to lead the story in unexpected ways till the end.” They added, “We wish to thank all the viewers who have stayed with Park Jin Sung, Kim Ah Jin, and Kang Tae Wan for the past six weeks. We hope people will continue to tune in for the final episode.”

The finale of “Sweet Munchies” will air on June 30 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch up with the series before the final episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Thanks 2

“Sweet Munchies” Comes To An End With Its Lowest Ratings

4bc03d21673142ffac109047c34b0ad7.jpeg?s=

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 30 broadcast of JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies” saw a disappointing finale. Recording 0.4 percent viewership, the series came to an end with its lowest ratings.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Sad 2

Will Jung Il Woo Star in a New Historical Drama?

0002865393_001_20200525131802006-crop-54

Jung Il Woo is in talks to appear in the new drama Bossam – Stealing Fate (literal translation).

An official from Jung Il Woo’s agency said, “Jung Il Woo was offered a role in new drama ‘Bossam – Stealing Fate,’ and is positively considering it.”

Bossam – Stealing Fate tells the story of a person who accidentally kidnaps a princess. The role Jung Il Woo has been offered in Ba Woo, a low-level gangster who is an expert in gambling, stealing, fighting, and kidnapping. He engages in the practice of connecting widows, who had no hopes of getting remarried, with new husbands. When he was young, his whole family was wiped out due to conspiracy, but luckily he escaped, hid his identity, and lived a life of a low-level gangster.

Jung Il Woo has always shown great performances in historical dramas, including The Return of Iljimae, Moon Embracing the Sun, and Night Watchman’s Journal.

Attention is focusing on whether Jung Il Woo, who is currently starring in JTBC’s Sweet Munchies, will make his comeback to the historical genre.

Source (1, 2)

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/29/will-jung-il-woo-star-in-a-new-historical-drama/

• Like 3

On 6/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, evie7 said:

I feel bad for II Woo and the cast that the ratings are low too.

Me too, @evie7.

I still need to watch the last two episodes, but I think not only JIW, but all 3 leads did a great job!
I will be looking forward to seeing them in another Drama.

I am thinking that the ratings may be result of Knetizens not ready for the subject matter of gays, and also the script was weak.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, willenette said:

Screenwriters Kim Ji Soo and Park Cheol will be writing the script

I have not seen any of the films that Park Cheol worked on,  and I have only seen one Drama written by Kim Ji-Soo; But it so happens that this Drama  - Medical Brothers - is one of my all times favorite.:love:

13 hours ago, willenette said:

Jung Il Woo has always shown great performances in historical dramas, including The Return of Iljimae, Moon Embracing the Sun, and Night Watchman’s Journal.

I think Jung Il Woo has shown us great performances in everything he has done!
And why is the writer of this article not even mentioning "Haechi?"  shrugs.

Below is another article about the historical Drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung-Il-woo-in-talks-to-lead-new-histori

Jung Il-woo in talks to lead new historical drama ‘Bossam – Stealing Destiny’

It seems like Jung Il-woo is in for a busy year! According to a source from his agency, HB Entertainment, the actor is looking over an offer to star in the upcoming historical series Bossam – Stealing Destiny (literal title).

Set during the rule of King Gwanghaegun in the Joseon dysnasty, Bossam – Stealing Destiny will tell the story of a person who accidentally abducts Princess Soo Kyung.

Jung Il-woo was offered to play the male protagonist Ba Woo, a matchmaker of widows who have lost their hopes of getting remarried to a lineup of potential new husbands. When he was still young, someone set him up for a conspiracy. He was able to run away, but since then, he had to go around in disguise and live in poverty.

Jung made his small-screen debut in the 2006 family drama High Kick. In 2011, he played his breakout role in the romantic fantasy series 49 Days. That same year, he landed his next lead role after 2009’s Moon River in the rom-com drama Flower Boy Ramen Shop. He went on to take part in the critically acclaimed project The Moon Embracing the Sun in 2012. Currently, Jung portrays the male lead in JTBC’s inspirational rom-com series Sweet Munchies alongside Kang Ji-young and Lee Hak-joo.

Spearheaded by PD Kwon Seok-jang of Avengers Social Club (2017) as well as screenwriters Kim Ji-soo of the upcoming Birthcare Center (2020) and Park Cheol, Bossam – Stealing Destiny will be a tale of love and life that bravely confronts the maltreatment on women and the less fortunate members of the society during Korea’s olden times. It is scheduled to air in the first half of 2021.

source

• Love 2