Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

*** I'm happy that his current drama “Haechi” is still going strong!  It successfully maintained its position as the most-watched drama of Monday and Tuesday nights, scoring not only the highest viewership ratings in its time slot but also the highest ratings of any drama airing that evening. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of this historical drama scored average nationwide ratings of 7.3 percent during its first half and 8.8 percent during its second. (cr-soompi news) :P

[Ratings] "Haechi" Beats "Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo" and "My Fellow Citizens"

photo1055476.jpg

The SBS drama "Haechi" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the episodes of "Haechi" on the 22nd rated 7.3% and 8%.

This is slightly lower than the previous episodes on the 16th.

MBC's "Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo" rated 5.7% and 6.6% while KBS 2TV drama "My Fellow Citizens" rated 4.3% and 5.4%.

JTBC "Laughter in Waikiki 2" rated 1.390%.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 15-21, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Apr. 15      
My Fellow Citizens 9 KBS 5.3%
My Fellow Citizens 10 KBS 6.0%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 5 MBC 5.4%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 6 MBC 6.3%
Haechi 37 SBS 6.2%
Haechi 38 SBS 7.1%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 7 JTBC 1.5%
That Psychometric Guy 11 tvN 2.4%
Tuesday, Apr. 16      
My Fellow Citizens 11 KBS 5.4%
My Fellow Citizens 12 KBS 6.5%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 7 MBC 5.8%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 8 MBC 6.8%
Haechi 39 SBS 6.9%
Haechi 40 SBS 8.1%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 8 JTBC 1.4%
That Psychometric Guy 12 tvN 2.5%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-15-21-2019/

On 4/15/2019 at 4:50 PM, irilight said:

Jung Il Woo And Lee Kyung Young Show Teamwork Behind The Scenes Of “Haechi”

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Haechi” has shared new stills of Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young focused on their script behind the scenes.

Haechi” is a historical drama about Prince Yeoning (Jung Il Woo), a troublesome prince who cannot become a king. In an attempt at claiming the throne, he is accompanied by a detective (Go Ara), a royal inspector (Kwon Yool), and a street clown (Park Hoon).

The two look like brothers as they practice their lines and share advice, making viewers more excited about their chemistry on-screen.

The latest episode marked the beginning of Prince Yeoning’s new era. Min Jin Heon (Lee Kyung Young) was revealed to have collaborated with the prince, stating that he would be by his side from now on.

The production staff shared, “Jung Il Woo and Lee Kyung Young showcase a strong junior to senior relationship on set. The two look after each other as Jung Il Woo frequently seeks advice from Lee Kyung Young, who in turn has endless praise for the younger actor. Viewers will be able to see more from their relationship in the future, so please look forward to it.”

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. JIW is doing a fine job in this drama. :P

*** Time flies so fast that this drama has just one episode left to go.  I'm happy that it has successfully continued its reign over Monday and Tuesday nights! The drama remained the most-watched Monday-Tuesday drama of the evening. According to Nielsen Korea, the  broadcast of “Haechi” took first place in its time slot, scoring average nationwide ratings of 6.9 percent during its first half and 7 percent during its second last night (April 29). The series finale of “Haechi” will air TONIGHT- April 30 at 10 p.m KST! Can't wait! I find this drama very good. Congratulations to JIW, congratulations to the team!

:P

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 22-28, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

The Monday-Tuesday trinity remains in tight competition, Haechi in first place.

Monday, Apr. 22      
My Fellow Citizens 13 KBS 4.3%
My Fellow Citizens 14 KBS 5.4%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 9 MBC 5.7%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 10 MBC 6.6%
Haechi 41 SBS 7.3%
Haechi 42 SBS 8.0%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 9 JTBC 1.4%
That Psychometric Guy 13 tvN 2.1%
Tuesday, Apr. 23      
My Fellow Citizens 15 KBS 5.0%
My Fellow Citizens 16 KBS 6.9%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 11 MBC 5.9%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 12 MBC 6.4%
Haechi 43 SBS 7.5%
Haechi 44 SBS 8.2%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 10 JTBC 1.5%
That Psychometric Guy 14 tvN 2.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-22-28-2019/

Jung Il Woo Shares Affection For Fans And His Close Friend Lee Min Ho

May 2, 2019
by U. Kim

Jung Il Woo shared how much he cares about his fans and his best friend Lee Min Ho!

Following his military service, Jung Il Woo successfully returned to his acting career with SBS’s “Haechi.” Many fans all over the world patiently waited for him during the two years of his service, and he reciprocated the affection he received from his fans by holding fan meetings.

On May 2, Jung Il Woo took part in an interview with Herald POP and said,
“I’m having my fan meeting in Japan first. I was worried because it was a venue with many seats, and I was very thankful when I heard that all of the seats had sold out. I’m thankful for [my fans’] unchanging and long-lasting love for me. My fans are the driving force behind my activities, and they were a great source of energy when I was serving as a public service worker, so I’m very thankful.”

He shyly continued, “When I debuted, my fans told me I had a pretty smile, but now, I want to ask them why they like me when I’m in my 30s. They say they find comfort and solace in my acting, and I think that’s why [they like me].”

He moved on to talk about his friendship with Lee Min Ho. The two actors first became friends when they attended neighboring high schools, and they remained friends for over 10 years. Asked about Lee Min Ho’s recent military discharge, Jung Il Woo responded, “When he was discharged, I contacted and congratulated him. He worked hard, and whether it’s serving as a public service worker or as an active duty soldier, I think it’s amazing that he worked hard.”

He added, “Min Ho is probably selecting his next project now, and I want to tell him to build his stamina. To me, he’s a friend like no other, so I hope he makes his return successfully. He also watches and monitors my projects. This time, he told me, ‘What did you do to make your acting even better?’ As a friend, I want him to return with a nice project since many fans are waiting for him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321632wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-affection-for-fans-and-his-close-friend-lee-min-ho

Jung Il Woo Shares What Kind Of Person He Wants To Date + Thoughts About Marriage

Jung Il Woo Shares What Kind Of Person He Wants To Date + Thoughts About Marriage

May 2, 2019
by C. Hong

On May 2, actor Jung Il Woo sat down for an interview commemorating the end of his drama “Haechi.”

When the interviewer asked him about dating, he said, “I want [to date] if I can meet a good person. My heart is open to that.”

Asked about what kind of person he considered a “good person,” he replied, “Someone I can learn from, someone who understands me and someone that I can understand. I want both of us to be a source of comfort to one another. When I was younger, I looked at appearances and external things too, but now I think that a good person is someone whose mind and heart can connect to yours.”

He added, “I think it’s too early for marriage, though. I’m now in my 30s and of course I could marry if I liked, but I think that for an actor, the kind of roles that are offered before and after marriage are different [so I think it’s too early for me]. People say that we might live to 100 nowadays, so I want to enjoy life more before I get married.”

SBS’s “Haechi,” in which Jung Il Woo played Prince Yeoning (later King Yeongjo), ended its run on April 30 with ratings of 7.1 and 7.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321663wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-person-date-thoughts-marriage

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, hugo10 said:

May 2, 2019
by U. Kim

Jung Il Woo shared how much he cares about his fans and his best friend Lee Min Ho!

Following his military service, Jung Il Woo successfully returned to his acting career with SBS’s “Haechi.” Many fans all over the world patiently waited for him during the two years of his service, and he reciprocated the affection he received from his fans by holding fan meetings.

On May 2, Jung Il Woo took part in an interview with Herald POP and said,
“I’m having my fan meeting in Japan first. I was worried because it was a venue with many seats, and I was very thankful when I heard that all of the seats had sold out. I’m thankful for [my fans’] unchanging and long-lasting love for me. My fans are the driving force behind my activities, and they were a great source of energy when I was serving as a public service worker, so I’m very thankful.”

He shyly continued, “When I debuted, my fans told me I had a pretty smile, but now, I want to ask them why they like me when I’m in my 30s. They say they find comfort and solace in my acting, and I think that’s why [they like me].”

He moved on to talk about his friendship with Lee Min Ho. The two actors first became friends when they attended neighboring high schools, and they remained friends for over 10 years. Asked about Lee Min Ho’s recent military discharge, Jung Il Woo responded, “When he was discharged, I contacted and congratulated him. He worked hard, and whether it’s serving as a public service worker or as an active duty soldier, I think it’s amazing that he worked hard.”

He added, “Min Ho is probably selecting his next project now, and I want to tell him to build his stamina. To me, he’s a friend like no other, so I hope he makes his return successfully. He also watches and monitors my projects. This time, he told me, ‘What did you do to make your acting even better?’ As a friend, I want him to return with a nice project since many fans are waiting for him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321632wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-affection-for-fans-and-his-close-friend-lee-min-ho

May 2, 2019
by C. Hong

On May 2, actor Jung Il Woo sat down for an interview commemorating the end of his drama “Haechi.”

When the interviewer asked him about dating, he said, “I want [to date] if I can meet a good person. My heart is open to that.”

Asked about what kind of person he considered a “good person,” he replied, “Someone I can learn from, someone who understands me and someone that I can understand. I want both of us to be a source of comfort to one another. When I was younger, I looked at appearances and external things too, but now I think that a good person is someone whose mind and heart can connect to yours.”

He added, “I think it’s too early for marriage, though. I’m now in my 30s and of course I could marry if I liked, but I think that for an actor, the kind of roles that are offered before and after marriage are different [so I think it’s too early for me]. People say that we might live to 100 nowadays, so I want to enjoy life more before I get married.”

SBS’s “Haechi,” in which Jung Il Woo played Prince Yeoning (later King Yeongjo), ended its run on April 30 with ratings of 7.1 and 7.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1321663wpp/jung-il-woo-shares-person-date-thoughts-marriage

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing this.  Time really flies so fast that his drama had just-ended. I'm happy that his comeback drama "Haechi" has received positive reviews. Jung Il-woo is in large part credited with the show's success for his efforts & hardwork. He's been away for almost (2) years & I've missed him on the screen. Jung IL Woo has gotten his career back in full swing. In one of his interviews he said that - the role of Yeongjo from the drama is the best character in his 30s. I'm wishing that he could play a lot more different roles in the future. He also said that he might pick his next acting role within this month. Ohhh............looking forward to this. I'm sure he missed shooting so much. Ye, it's time to seek a "weighty presence" so, his next role must be a leading man again. :P

• Like 1

*** I know LMH is currently vacationing in Spain but didn't know that JIW is with them. 

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 29-May 5, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

First up, we had the finales of sageuk Haechi and fantasy romance That Psychometric Guy. Both performed rather well, never straying from their niche, and ended with 7.4 and 2.3 percent respectively. Not their highest ratings, but not too shabby.

Monday, Apr. 29      
My Fellow Citizens 17 KBS 4.9%
My Fellow Citizens 18 KBS 6.6%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 13 MBC 5.7%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 14 MBC 6.2%
Haechi 45 SBS 6.9%
Haechi 46 SBS 7.0%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 11 JTBC 1.4%
That Psychometric Guy 15 tvN 2.3%
Tuesday, Apr. 30      
My Fellow Citizens 19 KBS 5.8%
My Fellow Citizens 20 KBS 7.0%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 15 MBC 5.5%
Special Labor Inspector Jo 16 MBC 6.7%
Haechi 47 SBS 7.1%
Haechi 48 SBS 7.4%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 12 JTBC 1.2%
That Psychometric Guy 16 tvN 2.3%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-29-may-5-2019/

10 Most Talked About Airing Dramas On 1st Week Of May

TOP-DRAMAS-first-week-of-May-cover.jpg

On May 7, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about airing dramas for the first week of May.

The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, Social Media and videos.

1- “Her Private Life

2- “Different Dreams”

3- “Mung Bean Flower

4- “Special Labor Inspector Jo”

5- “He is Psychometric

6- “Abyss

7- “Mother of Mine”

8- “Haechi” 

9- “Doctor Prisoner”

10- “Left-Handed Wife” 

most talked drama, kdrama popular

Good Data Coporation

“Her Private Life” is popular and ranked 1st. “Different Dreams” and “Abyss” started and ranked 2nd and 6th. “Mung Bean Flower” stayed in the top of the ranking. “He is Psychometric” ended and stayed at rank 5th. “Haechi” ended and climbed 6 ranks and ranked 8th.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-airing-dramas-on-1st-week-of-may/

10 Most Talked About Actors On 1st Week Of May

top-10-actors-1st-week-of-may-2019-cover

On May 7, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about actors/actresses of the airing dramas for the first week of May.

The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, Social Media and videos.

1- “Her Private Life“ – Park MinYoung

2- “Her Private Life“ – Kim JaeWook

3- Abyss“ – Park BoYoung

4- “Different Dreams” – Yoo JiTae

5- Mung Bean Flower“ – Jo JungSuk

6- “Haechi” – Jung IlWoo

7- “Different Dreams” – Lee YoWon

8- “He is Psychometric” – GOT7‘s JinYoung

9- “Mother of Mine” – Kim SoYeon

10- “My Fellow Citizens“ – Super Junior’s SiWon

most talked actors, drama actors

Good Data Coporation

The main actors of “Her Private Life” stayed in the top ranks. Pak BoYoung, the lead actress of “Abyss”, entered the ranking at the 3rd rank with the start of the drama. Jo JungSuk stayed in the ranking while Yoon ShiYoon and Han YeRi disappeared.

With the conclusion of “Haechi” and “He is Psychometric”, both lead actors appeared in the ranking. Two actors from “Different Dreams” entered the ranking this week with the start of the drama. SiWon stayed in rank 10th with “My Fellow Citizens”.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-on-1st-week-of-may/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bon Appétit: 8 K-Dramas That Will Make Your Mouth Water

If you’re a K-drama fan, then you probably watch them for myriad reasons — the comedy, romance, plot, actors, etc. — but have you ever watched one for the food? Or maybe you’ve avoided one precisely because it’s about food and you’ve got a summer body to think about.

Well, if you haven’t watched a drama that made you want to reach through your screen and try the food for yourself, then you’ve been missing out. But it’s okay, because I’m here to help. From Italian pasta to traditional Korean eats, you can find almost any food your heart desires in some K-drama. Just don’t blame me if your diet falls by the wayside or your healthy eating habits take a turn for the worse as a result of watching these dramas.

Without further ado, let’s feast (with our eyes, that is)!

Flower Boy Ramyun Shop

How about another midnight snack staple: ramyun (instant noodles)? Just thinking about this drama made me crave a steaming hot bowl of ramyun to the point that I actually had to go and boil some while writing this. Despite some of the creations in this show being more than a little questionable (how about some chocolate sauce and ramyun?), I doubt anyone can make it through the whole series without having ramyun at least once.

flower-boy-ramyun-shop.jpg

Don’t leave Cha Chi Soo (Jung Il Woo) and the rest of the ramyun shop crew hanging. Go give the show a watch!

cha-chi-soo.gif

Watch “Flower Boy Ramyun Shop”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

*** I didn't know that JIW loves cooking. :P Looking forward to this variety show.

********************************************************************************************

Jung Il Woo To Join Lee Young Ja And Lee Kyung Kyu In New Cooking Variety Show

97472123978d458bb7db97ca1fe734e1.jpeg?s=

Jung Il Woo will be showing off his cooking skills in an upcoming variety show!

On October 7, it was reported that the actor would be joining the new KBS 2TV variety show “New Item Release, Convenience Store Restaurant” (literal title) as a fixed cast member, and the news was confirmed by his agency.

“Convenience Store Restaurant” will follow six celebrities who know their food as they share dishes that they’ve created. There will be a judging panel and the dish that wins will be released in convenience stores around the country the day after the broadcast.

The show hopes to set itself apart from previous convenience store-themed shows by creating completely new menus, rather than showing combinations people can create with pre-existing products. Sales from the released products will be donated to help children suffering from malnutrition, and the show has been garnering interest as it will be the first time that variety show veterans Lee Kyung Kyu and Lee Young Ja appear on a show together.

This will be the first time that Jung Il Woo has made the decision to appear as a fixed cast member on a variety show. The actor is known to be an excellent chef and food connoisseur, seeking out hidden eats, and he has participated in many charitable projects throughout his career. He stated, “I like to cook, and one of my greatest joys is cooking a delicious meal for my family and friends. I’m happy to be able to do something good through this program. I think I’ll be able to show viewers a comfortable and honest side of me. Please look upon me favorably.”

“Convenience Store Restaurant” will premiere on October 25 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2