Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

*** They just have a lovely chemistry, thats all. They are doing wonderful as Ba Woo and Soo Kyung. Their growing romance is everything I love. Apparently the domestic audience is liking the drama as much as me because TV ratings averaged 5.5 per cent for Episode 4. Yuri has chemistry with Jung Il

Woo on and off camera.Their behind-the-scenes interactions are cute.   :popcornjackson:

image_editor_output_image-937139608-1620

videos/photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/10/you-need-no-reason-to-live-you-just-live/

• Like 3

*** I burst out laughing when I saw this - Jung Il Woo gave Yuri a bouquet of veggies as his gift to her for winning their cook-off. Well, this is better, funnier and well, edible compared to bouquet of flowers.

hahaha -     :takemymoney:

screenshot_20210507-225636_youtube.jpg?w

screenshot_20210507-225621_youtube.jpg?w

photos/videos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/08/jung-il-woo-gives-veggie-bouquet-to-yuri/

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

• partyon changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우 - Current Drama 2021: Bossam – Stealing Fate

*** Jung Il Woo and Yuri with their matching hanbok. "Bossam" wrapped up after nine months of filming. Good that it is pre-produced so that the cast and crew could work at a reasonable pace. It’s NICE to work on a project that is well prepared and reasonably scheduled.I’m sure shooting a drama series could be this great.  I think that it’s right for things to change so, actors won’t stay up countless nights and work countless brutal schedules. They won’t stay up nights for weeks/months in a row. It’s really difficult to live for that long with two or three hours of sleep a night. As the system changed, actors could rest for about one day per week, and sleep about six or seven hours a night. It’s not just the actors, but also the production staff got some breathing room. I think that this is a good development. I hope & wish we’ll get a happy ending. I can’t wait for the weekend to watch the next couple of episodes.  :emmm:

screenshot_20210507-041455_instagram.jpg

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/07/bossam-wraps-up-production-smoothly/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

*** This year’s Baeksang Arts Awards is coming soon! This event will celebrate the accomplishments of broadcast, cable, and streaming TV content, as well as domestic films and theatrical productions, that were released between May 1, 2020 and April 11, 2021. Many actors of new and upcoming dramas, who will likely be nominees next year, will be showing a glimpse of their chemistry as presenters at this year’s ceremony such as JIW & Yuri. Baeksang Arts Awards will be held on May 13 at 9 p.m. KST.  :headbang:

source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202105121103466710

*** I finished watching his latest drama, "Sweet Munchies" and this time I did it continuously, which I wasn't able to do so since I lacked time.  I don’t really like the ending but, I love the cinematography. It fell flat at the end, unfortunately. I finished the drama only because of JIW. I see many flaws in it. There was no clear explanation as to why Ah Jin needed her chef to be gay for her show. The love story was so so..... Jung Il Woo had an irritating character here that was hard to like, especially towards the ending. Lee Hak Joo had probably the best character of the drama. He did a good job handling his character too. He has an impeccable acting. He played his character amazingly that I couldn’t help but go on a roller coaster of feelings because of him. And wow...what a beautiful presentation of the food. They didn’t fail to have my mouth watering over the dishes they ate in the drama. Maybe, don’t watch when you haven’t eaten yet. Hahaha - I love the beach scene. So, in this drama : I have laughed, I have cried, and… I have been disappointed at some parts. There were plenty of scenes that got my heart racing and my emotions in a twist, though. I finished the drama till the end because of JIW! I adore the man, that's why.....  :heart1:

• Like 1

*** This drama is just so wonderful. I seriously want this to do well rating-wise mainly for selfish reason - it's JIW. Kidding aside, I'm really liking it. I hope it keeps getting better. I hope it gains more recognition. :heart2:

• Like 2

*** He is stealing the show! This is just how adorable Ko DongHa is in his role of Cha Dol in the drama "Bossam: Steal the Fate" with JIW. The boy has been melting the hearts of viewers. In the show, he is acting as the 7-year-old son of Ba Woo (Jung IlWoo). His character is much mature for his age and he is also funny. I've watched him in other dramas such as "Missing: The Other Side", (Go Su drama) & "The

Last Empress" (Choi Jin Hyuk drama).     :hypehype:

Bossam-steal-the-fate-Ko-DongHa-Cha-Dol-MBN-680x384.jpg

photo source : https://www.kpopmap.com/ko-dongha-acting-as-cha-dol-is-the-scene-stealer-of-bossam-steal-the-fate/

• Like 2

*** Another interaction off-camera. They had a promotion for one of the drama streaming platforms for their drama, "Bossam."  They are apparently slated to be co-presenters at the Baeksang Art Awards on May 13, which is TONIGHT!  :heart3:

screenshot_20210512-171515_instagram.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/COw-PPinWkn/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=993a0f79-20ad-4ff5-96bf-deba6498a26e

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/12/ssam-things-are-meant-to-work/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT!

I know who an acquaintance is, but I don’t remember where I met them.” – Are you wondering which drama this line is from? There are so many kdramas that have amnesia as part of its plot but this is not a line from a drama. This is from a variety show where the actor Jung Il Woo spoke about himself. What led him to say this? What is behind his story? What if this happened to you in real life? How would you react and process? Read on to discover more about this inspiring actor who is living his life to the fullest and showcasing resilience.

---------------------------------------

THREAD:  Jung Il Woo 정일우

CATEGORY: actors & actresses

Did you know:

- Jung Il Woo did not plan to study acting. He wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a television news anchorman, so he studied broadcasting at Seoul Institute of the Arts. After catching the acting bug, he later transferred to the Theater and Film department at Hanyang University.

- He debuted in 2006. He starred in his first leading role in historical drama “The Return of Iljimae” where he won Daesang (Grand Prize), TV category in 2nd Korea Junior Star Awards.

- He comes from an elite family. He has one sibling, an older sister. His mother is an university professor who has several awards for her expertise on the Korean aesthetics, textiles and art history.

- Jung Il Woo is a devout Catholic and was appointed as Ambassador for the Seoul Catholic Social Welfare Association in 2019. He was also appointed Ambassador for National Center for Trauma that year. In 2018, he was also appointed as Ambassador for the National Museum of Korea. 

- His beloved pet, Awoo passed away while he was filming Haechi back in 2019. Awoo was a pet gifted to him in 2011. If you visit his official Instagram channel (@jilwww), he still misses Awoo very much.

Fun Facts

- His childhood friend is Lee Min Ho; He is close to Kim Bum and Sandara Park. He has been friends with Kim Bum since High Kick! days and he has been a good friend of Sandara Park for the past 12 years.

- He has a YouTube channel called “1day 1lwoo JungIlwoo” where he regularly shares aspects of his life. He often shares videos preparing various dishes in the kitchen. He is a good cook!

- He has a lifestyle website which you can check out: KRIBBIT https://www.kribbit.kr/events-news

- He sings! He has sung several songs that were used as OST for the movies and dramas he participated in

When the unexpected happens

In 2006, a group of friends were returning from a short vacation in the Gangwan province. The group included Jung Il Woo and childhood friend Lee Min Ho. A driver fleeing from a hit-and-run crashed directly into their car. The collision killed the people in the front seat while leaving Jung Il woo and Lee Min Ho hospitalized for several months with serious injuries. Many said it was a miracle the two survived the collision. The accident left both actors with injuries that impact them to this day.

After the accident, Jung Il Woo developed partial memory loss. He forgot some parts of his past, some people he had met. He might remember the person but he couldn't remember where he met them. The memory loss fueled him to take 70,000 photos for the past 10 years. As he often forgets parts of the past, he chooses to record the moments with his camera.

10 years after the accident, he had horrible migraines when filming the drama Golden Rainbow. He was diagnosed with cerebral aneurysm, a weak spot in the artery of the brain that balloons and fills with blood. This can put pressure on the nerves or brain tissue. He was told by his doctor that if this blood vessel expands and bursts, he will die. As he hasn't reached the age for surgery, the only option was to live with the condition. He had severe depression after that and he didn’t see anyone or even leave his house for a month. To lift his spirits, he thought of going to the place he always wanted to visit since he was a child, the Camino de Santiago.

Finding his calm 

The Camino de Santiago, known in English as the Way of St. James, is a network of trails leading to the shrine of the apostle Saint James the Great in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain. Popular with hikers, cyclists as well as pilgrims, there are several routes that a person can take. The trails cover hundreds of kilometers across different geographies and countries including France, Portugal, Switzerland and Spain. Jung Il Woo had visited parts of the trail twice with his family. The visits helped him to adopt a new mindset of living life in the present and enjoying it.

In 2019, after losing his beloved dog, he decided to achieve his long-time goal of hiking the entire Camino de Santiago trail in Spain.  He has shared the hike helped him to get a spiritual and mental balance and brought him a lot of peace. In his youtube channel, he shared a travel log of his time there – he hoped that it would console fans the way the travel consoled him.

2021 project

Jung Il Woo is acting as the male lead Ba Woo in Bossam: Stealing fate. His nuanced and lovely performances is certainly going to bossam (kidnap) so many hearts who are watching the drama. The saeguk is already the highest rated drama for the station MBN. Check it out!!!!

Fan feels

“Always on look out for any interviews about him. His personality is just awesome. Born rich but he's humble.”

- “Jung ll Woo was my first Korean actor crush/obsession. I found Soompi because I couldn't get enough of him” 

Poll – We have put together a poll of his dramas. How many of these dramas have you watched or checked out in pieces? Click your choices!

-------------------------

Spotlight contributors: :heart:  : @willenette, @jeannietcw, @evie7 

---------------------------------------------

About thread spotlight : It is an event series where we highlight various threads across Soompi from different sections - actors, dramas, shippers, kpop ....  Thread members get to show off their fan feels and highlight the subject of their thread to the rest of the community. With so many threads, we may not be aware what is happening around Soompi and it is a chance for us to discover these threads from a fan's perspective.

We will be highlighting threads on a regular basis; if your thread is interested, reach out to the EO team - @partyon, @Sleepy Owl and myself. To read previous spotlights:  Kim So Hyun.Yoo In Na Choi Daniel Vengo-Dilraba (ship) dramas, Faith (re-watch 2020) , Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun , Zombie Detective , Lee Min Ho, Record of Youth, ...

Thanks to the Jung Il Woo thread for putting this spotlight together! Hoping to discover more new threads around soompi! 

@Lmangla, this is beautiful, dear! Thanks for putting everything to make this out! Hahaha - After reading, I forgot about Sandara Park who's also close to him.  :coolshades:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** Isn't this couple looks so COOL? Jung Il Woo posted a NICE clip of them backstage at the Baeksang Art Awards.  For me, this is a pairing that turned out so right. So compatible they are in my

eyes.    :takemymoney:

screenshot_20210514-015947_instagram.jpg

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/14/cool-chic-couple/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CO0jTlKDgIS/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=a0e3717b-fcf3-4f13-bb86-3b10add30e21

• Like 4

@Lmangla your thread spotlight write-up compilation is amazing! I fell in love all over again thanks to you and your team ~ great job!! THANK YOU so much for the lovely tribute to Jung Il Woo-ssi. I hope he will come across this highlight one day :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, thank you for the spotlight write up. He is one of my fave K-drama actors. I remember reading about the car accident they were involved in, but I didn't know about the aneurysm or partial memory loss.

Personally 3 years ago I suffered from a stroke and it changed my life. So reading this touches my heart. He is a true inspiration and love him even more.

• Love 3