Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

8 hours ago, Tamakins said:

Wow, thank you for the spotlight write up. He is one of my fave K-drama actors. I remember reading about the car accident they were involved in, but I didn't know about the aneurysm or partial memory loss.

Personally 3 years ago I suffered from a stroke and it changed my life. So reading this touches my heart. He is a true inspiration and love him even more.

awww, your post made my day - :glee:illnesses can impact our life in so many subtle as well as direct ways. I find Jung Il Woo's determination to take his association as Ambassador for the National Center for Trauma seriously by opening up really inspiring -- you can see in this video that it isn't easy for him to talk about his illness on camera. there are real risks involved such as whether he will lose potential jobs or how people will perceive him. but you can also tell that there is a certain ease with himself he has learnt to live with it and keep moving -- that is resilience. especially with all that is happening with the world, it is a good reminder -- things may happen but we can be okay. 

@Thong Thin @CarolynH ~ min ho and il woo should definitely do a collab - they sound like friends who are really at ease with each other. it is interesting to hear how they became friends so it would be fun to see them interact. :)

@itsmeash ~ I think he is more good looking with a moustache as ba woo. hahahahah... I have seen some of the dramas he has been in but never really noticed him but this one, he is certainly bossam my heart. kekekek.... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@Lmangla  wow, the spotlight was very well written thanks. 

I have watched most of his drama and personally I found he has cute eyes. 

Well, I hope he will collaborate with his BFF (lmh) in a drama or in any variety shows.

@Thong Thin, CUTE eyes indeed! His eyes are similar to Lee Jun Ki's eyes.    :rubchin:

MORE --

*** They look so good and gorgeous together. They arrived together at the Baeksang Art Awards. Jung Il Woo looked handsome in a classic suit.  :blush:

jung il woo + yuri @ baeksang art awards

20210513_233916.jpg?w=1024

screenshot_20210513-233645_instagram.jpg

screenshot_20210513-203644_instagram.jpg

• Like 3

*** I love this drama.     :rubchin:

Jung Il Woo And Yuri Are Up To No Good In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

Jung Il Woo And Yuri Are Up To No Good In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

Jung Il Woo and Yuri will turn into a sneaky duo in “Bossam: Steal the Fate”!

The historical drama is about the fateful romance that occurs when a mysterious rogue named Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) accidentally kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), the widowed daughter of King Gwanghae.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Previously on “Bossam: Steal the Fate,” Soo Kyung scolded Ba Woo for robbing people and even making his young son Cha Dol (Ko Dong Ha) be part of it. She even made him promise not to do it again. However, the sneak peek of the next episode shows that Soo Kyung has now become Ba Woo’s partner in crime!

The newly released stills depict Ba Woo and Soo Kyung teaming up for a robbery. Soo Kyung is dressed as a man, and the two pretend to be government workers who take care of the king’s wealth. The preview for the upcoming episode showed the two attempting to collect money from someone. However, they panic when the real government workers arrive.

bossam-steal-the-fate-2.jpg

The drama also showed Jung Il Woo and Yuri’s fantastic chemistry in a behind-the-scene photo.

The two actors are posing next to each other with crossed arms, and they exude “Joseon swag” in their traditional clothing and over-the-top expressions.

jung-il-woo-girls-generation-yuri.jpg

The production team shared, “On the night of May 15, Ba Woo and Soo Kyung will share the same view for once. As they transform into government workers who take care of the king’s wealth, they will get one step closer to each other.”

The next episode of “Bossam: Steal the Fate” airs on May 15 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

Check out the drama on Viki below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Hello @evie7  JIW and K Yuri, both looks great and if possible wanna ship them together.

:blush:

kekeke... they do look great together in the awards show - very comfortable. so a low key shipping vibe? hahahahha.. the drama took 9 months to film and was mostly pre-produced. so looks like they got to become friends. :D 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@willenette  i am beginning to fall in love with Bossam. JIW, K Yuri and the little boy never fails me, they won my heart.

@Lmangla ottoke....:heart:

Hello @evie7  JIW and K Yuri, both looks great and if possible wanna ship them together.

:blush:

@Thong Thin,  the drama is gaining more viewers with each episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “Bossam: Steal the Fate” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.3 percent for its latest broadcast. Not only this but, it was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on any cable channel during Saturday. "Bossam" is pretty good so, I'm not surprised. It makes me happy - hahaha - happy for the cast especially JIW. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Bossam: Steal the Fate”! They all worked so hard on this. I hope it'll go on to break more records. The drama always surprises me.  :luvarrow:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000736890

• Like 1
  • Love 2

*** Last night's EP, which was May 16 “Bossam: Steal the Fate” continued its streak of seeing its viewership rise to a new all-time high for the fourth consecutive episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode scored an average nationwide rating of 6.5 percent. Again, congratulations to the cast and crew of the drama especially to JIW! "Bossam's" every episode keeps getting better and better! The drama is doing amazingly. I hope it will reach 7% ratings.....waiting....... "Bossam" is on MBN, a cable channel but, smaller and not as popular as those other cable channels like tvN & JTBC. Meanwhile the highest rated MBN drama currently is 8%. Unlike other cable networks, the sub for this drama is a little bit slow. Although, I can say that "Bossam" has crossed that threshold. Jung Il Woo and Yuri, fighting!  :rainbow:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=410&aid=0000786054

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

ooh jung il woo did a 5 mins walking tour of the national museum of korea. looks like a neat place to visit. it is for fans stuck at home during the pandemic and museums are not allowed visitors. he is doing a good job as ambassador. :)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ooh jung il woo did a 5 mins walking tour of the national museum of korea. looks like a neat place to visit. it is for fans stuck at home during the pandemic and museums are not allowed visitors. he is doing a good job as ambassador. :)

@Lmangla, thanks for sharing this video. I've been to this place some years back. We were there as it opens at 10am. The museum closes at 6pm but it's extended to 9pm every Wednesdays & Saturdays. IDK if the schedule still applies up to now, though. They really house a vast collection of artifacts. It's a 3-storey building. Basement is where the parking is aside from the outdoor parking. It's a limited parking spaces that's why, they encourage the use of buses and trains. Admission is free to the Main Exhibition Hall but there is a fee for the special exhibition. It had a temporary closure due to COVID-19, but, according to my K-friend it reopened again.  :coolshades:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jung Il Woo And Shin Hyun Soo Portray 2 Very Different Types Of Romance In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

Jung Il Woo And Shin Hyun Soo Portray 2 Very Different Types Of Romance In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

Jung Il Woo and Shin Hyun Soo are capturing hearts with their very different romance styles in “Bossam: Steal the Fate”!

The historical drama is about the fateful romance that occurs when a mysterious rogue named Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) accidentally kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), the widowed daughter of King Gwanghae (Kim Tae Woo). Shin Hyun Soo plays Dae Yeop, Soo Kyung’s friend and brother-in-law who has a soft spot for her.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Ba Woo and Dae Yeop are polar opposite from each other. While Ba Woo is rough and manly, Dae Yeop is sweet and protective. Viewers are in a dilemma about which character they like better. Check out the different ways they approach romance below!

Ba Woo: A tsundere who tries to get redemption

Ba Woo and Soo Kyung get off to a rocky start. He kidnaps her in an attempt to remarry her to another man. Fortunately, he changes his mind and saves her from an unwanted marriage, but she has nowhere else to go.

Her father-in-law Lee Yi Cheom (Lee Jae Yong) is trying to kill her, and her father King Gwanghae is secretly planning to use that weakness to defend his royal authority. The only one who doesn’t turn a blind eye to her is Ba Woo.

Ba Woo may seem cold-hearted, but he is the perfect example of a tsundere, a Japanese term that describes a person who is seemingly cold-hearted before gradually warming up to their surroundings. He pretends not to be concerned about her, and yet, he can’t help but take care of her. Despite his harsh words, he doesn’t hesitate to save her when she’s in danger. Soo Kyung seems to be warming up to him as well, and she even saved him from Dae Yeop’s sword.

However, things are still rocky between the two. Ba Woo was heartbroken after he found out her father-in-law is none other than Lee Yi Cheom, the one who killed his family. Viewers are eager to see how Ba Woo and Soo Kyung’s relationship will progress despite all the obstacles in the way.

bossam-steal-the-fate.jpg

Dae Yeop: A romanticist who never forgets his first love

Dae Yeop always struggles to protect Soo Kyung. When she was kidnapped, he attempted to keep her safe from his own father. Dae Yeop may be Soo Kyung’s brother-in-law, but in fact, she was his first love. Previously, it was revealed that Soo Kyung was originally supposed to be married to Dae Yeop, but for some reason, Lee Yi Cheom made his brother wed her instead.

That doesn’t mean Dae Yeop gave up on Soo Kyung. He continued to stay by her side, and he never stopped being in love with her. When Dae Yeop found Soo Kyung, he said, “As always, you are the one and only precious person in this world.” Then he stole his father’s Myeong Sa Cheol Gwon, an important seal that grants forgiveness to the one who has it, and made a deal with the king to save Soo Kyung’s life. Viewers are touched by his unchanging love for her, and it will be exciting to see if his efforts to protect her will pay off.

Episode 7 of “Bossam: Steal the Fate” airs on May 22 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

Check out the drama on Viki below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Blob 1

*** Yuri posted the BTS clip of their fashion pictorial with Jung Il Woo. I’m glad to watch them because they have great chemistry together. He bought porridge for Yuri as he was concerned about her having indigestion during the photoshoot. So sweet - hahaha - Their natural chemistry made all the shots look good. She said  that Jung Il Woo looked so handsome and tidy because she is used to seeing him all wild and scruffy on the set. LOL - While he kept saying how pretty Yuri looked during this magazine pictorial.     :popcornjackson:

screenshot_20210519-211341_youtube.jpg?w

video/photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/19/modern-couple/

• Like 1

*** Last night, May 23, Jung Il Woo and Yuri‘s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” achieved its highest viewership ratings to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 7.7 percent. The drama is getting hotter & better...... Wahhh....it crossed 7% ratings. I'll be waiting on that dance video they promised!

Congratulations team "Bossam!" 12-episodes left.....    :takemymoney:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=410&aid=0000788213

• Like 1

*** I love this scene where Soo Kyung and Ba Woo coincidentally meet on a boat. It's a simple scene, which is so meaningful even though they didn’t speak at all. I just loved how the scene was played out plus the background music. 

:crymeme:

video source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/23/jung-il-woo-yuri-stealing-my-otp-love/

• Like 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

*** "Answer me, do you want to live?" - The simplest question I’ve ever heard in a drama. In Episode 8 of "Bossam", Ba Woo demands a heartfelt answer from Soo Kyung before he attempts to save her for the nineth time; Soo Kyung’s reaction was touching because it was evident on her she did want to live. The ratings for this Episode 8 hits 7.7 per cent. It was a significant jump from the previous episode, which marked 5.8 per cent. So far, it was just a hug that we saw. Now, can we have some appropriate kisses soon?  :rainbow:

20210524_0406445151406094382123657.jpg?w

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/05/24/answer-me-do-you-want-to-live/

• Like 1

love he how admits that he sucks at dancing. LOL. cracking up on seeing him struggle so hard to shake his hips. :lol: kekeke... so cute! it is fun to see the cast having fun. I think it shows when the cast had fun together because you get a good drama as well...  

click CC for eng subs -- the BTS as they prepare for the promise dance and figure out the steps.

to see the full dance version

• Like 1
  • LOL 1