Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

On 7/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, irilight said:

I still need to watch the last two episodes, but I think not only JIW, but all 3 leads did a great job!
I will be looking forward to seeing them in another Drama.

I am thinking that the ratings may be result of Knetizens not ready for the subject matter of gays, and also the script was weak.

At first I didn't think I would like it but actually got  into. You are right that I don't think Korea is ready for the subject matter but loved that they didn't make Tae Won's character a stereotype gay person. I loved the cast they all did a great job, II Woo was flawless but I'm a bit biased.

@willenette I'm so happy he's in talks for another drama just why does it have to be another historical? I'm not crazy about historical dramas but will take what I can get.   

13 hours ago, evie7 said:

@willenette I'm so happy he's in talks for another drama just why does it have to be another historical? I'm not crazy about historical dramas but will take what I can get.   

evie, like you, I also don't dig historical/sageuk genre but when my bias is in it, i will always there to support. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 29-July 5, 2020

dramaratings_3.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-29-july-5-2020/

Unfortunately, the show just wrapped stumbled its way to the finish line, with an all time low of 0.4 percent. Sigh............... ^_^

Monday, June 29      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 21 MBC 3.3%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 22 MBC 4.8%
Sweet Munchies 11 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 9 tvN 4.4%
Tuesday, June 30      
Will You Have Dinner With Me 23 MBC 3.0%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 24 MBC 4.4%
Sweet Munchies 12 JTBC 0.4%
My Unfamiliar Family 10 tvN 4.7%
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, willenette said:

evie, like you, I also don't dig historical/sageuk genre but when my bias is in it, i will always there to support. :blush:

I feel ya, sageuks are my least favorite genre too but I will make an exception for II Wooadorableplz.gif?1

• Like 1

Yang Dae Hyuk Talks About Working Alongside Jung Il Woo And Kang Ji Young In “Sweet Munchies”

627ff9c0c3434bd1bfb8f5afd5af7764.jpeg?s=

Yang Dae Hyuk sat down for an interview following the conclusion of his latest project, JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies,” to discuss his thoughts on his role as well as what it was like to film with co-stars Jung Il Woo and Kang Ji Young.

The actor was full of gratitude for his co-stars Jung Il Woo and Kang Ji Young, saying, “Maybe it’s because they’re playing the main characters, but they are both really good at acting, and they helped me stand out a bit more. I was really thankful to them.”

Yang Dae Hyuk also praised Jung Il Woo for his cooking skills. He revealed, “Since there was an eating scene in the drama, I got to try the noodles that he cooked. They were really delicious.”

Yang Dae Hyuk finished up the interview by talking about what the drama meant to him. “It was a drama about a love triangle, it also touched on the stories of sexual minorities,” he explained. “It’s a subject matter you don’t see often, but it wasn’t over-the-top and I think it touched on the topics that needed to be addressed. The food that appeared every episode brought a lot of comfort to people. I think I’ll remember it as a drama that can heal people. It will remain as one of my pleasant memories of 2020.”

Check out the finale of “Sweet Munchies” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These Are All The Handsome Leading Men Seo Ye Ji Worked With

Actress Seo Ye Ji is currently one of our new favorite leading ladies. We fell deeply in love with her charisma in the recently ended hit Korean series on Netflix, "It's Okay To Not Be Okay."

Seo Ye Ji has been around the entertainment industry for roughly seven years now. The actress' first-ever appearace in a TV show was in a sitcom where she starred next to Go Kyung Pyo, Yeo Jin Goo, and many others.

As we have counted Seo Ye Ji's Korean dramas and movies, we have summed up a total of 19 projects and we're so proud to announce that she's finally receiving the worldwide recognition that she deserves!

Throughout her seven-year career as an actress, Seo Ye Ji had the opportunity to work with amamzing leading men on fabulous projects, in which they undoubtedly worked hard for to reach high ratings.

Let us show you the compilation Of Seo Ye Ji's leading men through the years below.

Diary Of A Night Watchman (Seo Ye Ji and Jung Il Woo)

The Compilation Of Seo Ye Ji’s Leading Men Through The Years

In this fantasy-sageuk drama Jung Il Woo will portray the character of Prince Wal Gang who is a prince by day and works as a watchman at night. Based on Nextflix's drama description, Prince Wal Gang is blessed with the ability to see spirits and gets in a hard situation to control the throne. On the other hand, Seo Ye Ji's character is Soo Ryeon, who is a noblewoman deemed of becoming the bride of the crown prince. The best part is, she definitely gives off Mun Yeong vibes from It's Okay To Not Be Okay in this drama!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118668/20200814/these-are-all-the-handsome-leading-men-seo-ye-ji-worked-with.htm

• Love 1

The moment when Jung Il Woo met Lee Min Ho

Jung Il Woo said that when he met Lee Min Ho, he thought that Lee Min Ho was 'sparkling'.

jilwww.png

Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo’s friendship is undoubtedly a K-world friendship that is enviable. Their friendship precedes their stardom and popularity. Fans of The King: Eternal Monarch star and Moon Embracing The Sun stars have known each other since they were in high school. Although the pair did not go to the same school, they got acquainted through mutual friends.

According to Soompi, Jung Il Woo appeared on My Ugly Duckling last year and said that he had heard about Lee Min Ho long before they both crossed paths. Jung Il Woo said that he remembered hearing about the actor’s fame due to his good looks. “When we were in high school, he was at the school next to me and he was really famous among the students. He was well-known for his good looks, so I heard about him before I ever met him,” said Jung Il Woo.

actorleeminho.png

Jung Il Woo said that when he met Lee Min Ho, he thought that Lee Min Ho was ‘sparkling.’ He added that even though they did not attend the same school, they became friends through mutual friends. They both met as teenagers and over time they both matured. “When we were younger, I would think from time to time, ‘Why does he think like that?’ and ‘Why doesn’t he agree with me?’ Now that we’re past out 30s, we’ve learned to respect each other. I think we’ve become closer because of our difference,” said Jung Il Woo.

He added that the two actors are completely opposite when it comes to their personalities. The only thing that binds the two together is their taste in food. “Eventually, we came to respect each other’s differences. We would put up with things we didn’t like if the other person liked it and vice versa.”

Jung Il Woo added that apart from food, their teetotalism was a common factor between the two. “When we meet up, we have coffee and go to cafes. Nowadays, I do drink a couple of glasses.” Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo also went through bad times together. They were involved in a car crash back in 2006. A car crossed the centreline during their road trip, crashing into their vehicle which resulted in a fatal crash, Koreabook reported. Both actors were hospitalized for months.

Fortunately, they have recovered from the crash. The friends made headlines this year when Jung Il Woo sent a sweet gift to Lee Min Ho on the set of The King: Eternal Monarch. The drama marked Lee Min Ho’s return to acting after his military training. Jung Il Woo sent Lee Min Ho a coffee truck with a banner that read, “Min Ho, you’ve done great.” /TISG

credit : http://theindependent.sg/the-moment-when-jung-il-woo-met-lee-min-ho/

• Like 1

17 K-Drama Bloopers That Will Have You Laughing Nonstop

Once you see them you can’t unsee them.

K-dramas have some of the highest production quality in the world and they’re just plain awesome. That however, doesn’t mean the producers of these dramas don’t make mistakes and create some amazingly hilarious bloopers.

17. Hair Dye

A scene from The Moon That Embraces The Sun shows Jung Il Woo with some finely dyed hair. Except the drama was set in the Joseon Dynasty era.

x0wfvfECXphnnpGKH0xXobWKa_K5bGwBODGe4J_X

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/17-k-drama-bloopers-laughing-nonstop/

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:49 PM, evie7 said:

I feel ya, sageuks are my least favorite genre too but I will make an exception for II Wooadorableplz.gif?1

Hi @evie7, Yuri from Girl's Generation might be joining JIW in this upcoming historical drama. If cast, Yuri will play the role of a royal princess, Soo Kyung. All her life, the princess pretends to be "reserved" and "quiet" to upkeep the image of the royal family. Following the wishes of her family, she is married to the older brother of her childhood crush, but is quickly widowed after being married one day. Then, her life changes when she's "stolen away" by a stranger named Ba Woo (played by Jung Il Woo). The drama aims to air in early next year, 2021.  Wait & see........for more updates.  :blush:

• Awesome 1

*** I actually quite like the pairing, looks and age wise if they will do this sageuk drama, "Bossam: Stealing Fate."  Jung Il Woo is always solid and charismatic in historical roles. The drama is slated to be aired next year, with no confirmed network as yet, though. I'm curious what network will air this since all the networks are starting to line up their drama schedules for 2021. :blush:

• Love 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:33 AM, willenette said:

Then, her life changes when she's "stolen away" by a stranger named Ba Woo (played by Jung Il Woo). The drama aims to air in early next year, 2021.

So he kidnaps her? This premise is intriguing, sounds like he will play an sort of outlaw. I love it when he plays those badish boy parts.  I like Yuri too. I hope we get a little romance in this drama .iminlovebebeh.gif

• Love 1

14 hours ago, evie7 said:

So he kidnaps her? This premise is intriguing, sounds like he will play an sort of outlaw. I love it when he plays those badish boy parts.  I like Yuri too. I hope we get a little romance in this drama .iminlovebebeh.gif

@evie7, ye, he'll kidnap her. If Yuri decides to join the drama, it will mark her first-ever historical drama to act in. :blush:

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10 Fantastic Korean Oppas and Where to Find Them

As our way to help you jumpstart your journey towards Hallyu (Korean wave) fandom, we have rounded up 10 dashing and influential Korean actors whom you can follow on social media right now! Be on the front row when it comes to getting the latest updates about their daily lives—upcoming dramas and films, new leading ladies, snaps of their adorable pets, or just what dishes they had for Sunday’s brunch.

Get those fingers warmed up as here is KDramaPal’s list of 10 oh-so- fantastic Korean “oppas” (Korean term for older brother/close male friend or boyfriend) and where you can find them. Online, that is.

9. Jung Il-woo

Jung Il-woo

Jung Il-woo made his acting debut in the drama Unstoppable High Kick (2006–2007) where he met his celebrity friend Kim Bum. Since he has also been friends with actor Lee Min-ho, it did not take long for the three to hit it off and begin their close friendship. Jung’s latest small-screen appearance was in the gastronomic rom-com series Sweet Munchies (2020).

Instagram: @jilwww| 2.6 million followers, 1 following

Facebook: @Officialjungilwoo| 117 thousand followers, 113 thousand likes

Twitter: @ActorJungilwoo| 403.6 thousand followers, 3 following

Weibo: 丁一宇| 14.6 million fans

Double-tap ’em: lobster, “How to Make Whipped Coffee,” elephant plushie, pretty Awoo

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우
  • 1 month later...

Editor’s Pick: 2020 Best Korean Drama Original Soundtracks

Which 2020 Korean Drama OSTs  have left quite an impact this season?

Setting up our year-end count down for 2020 K-Drama season, we pick the tracks worthy of 2020 Best Korean Drama OST badge.

In choosing the notable soundtracks incorporated in 2020 Korean Dramas, we decided two simple rules.

First, how the song’s message fit perfectly in the story. This is easy to spot because it usually layered the poignant moments of the series. Second, the track’s lingering value for K-Drama fans who watched it, and for those who may hear it in passing.

“Love with You” – Lee Jin Ah for Sweet Munchies

Lee Jin Ah’s distinct sound pushes you to stop whatever you are doing and savor the moment just like how you delight on your favorite food. It perfectly transpired in healing romance drama, Sweet Munchies.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hellokpop

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/editors-pick-best-2020-korean-drama-ost/

• Like 1

*** Jung Il Woo sent KB a coffee truck full of delicious beverages and snacks! The latter posted photos on Instagram of himself by the truck. In his caption, he expressed how grateful he was and described Jung Il Woo as a “hyung” (older brother or male friend) and longtime friend. This is the first coffee truck Kim Bum received for his new JTBC drama “Law School” (literal title). A banner by Jung Il Woo on the truck read, “Bum is coming. Bum is coming. Top student Joon Hwi (Kim Bum’s character name) of ‘Law School’ is coming,” which is a reference to Lee Nal Chi’s “Tiger is Coming.” - :blush:

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Jung Il Woo 정일우 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Bossam – Stealing Fate

*** I'm glad that JIW will resume filming for his new drama "Bossam – Stealing Fate" (literal title) on November 30. And earlier, he was tested negative for COVID-19.  He was released from his self-isolation as soon as he received negative results since a supporting actor who worked with him on Bossam – Stealing Fate was confirmed with COVID-19. the production team announced that 3 tested received positive results. They made contact with the first confirmed patient. "Bossam – Stealing Fate" will tell the story of a person who accidentally kidnaps a princess. Kwon Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be taking the lead roles. The drama will be released in the first half of next year (2020).

Jung Il Woo will also open up his personal YouTube channel “1 Il 1 Woo (1 Day 1 Woo)” on Nov 27 at 6 p.m. KST. Love it! With this channel, we could get to see his daily life and I hope he could present various content such as cooking, vlog, and behind-the-scenes clips.

source : https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2115563

• Awesome 1

[New Drama] "Bossam - Stealing Destiny"

photo1274189.jpg

"Bossam - Stealing Destiny" (2021)

Directed by Kwon Seok-jang

Written by Kim Ji-su, Park Cheol-I

Network: MBN

With Jung Il-woo, Kwon Yuri, Kim Tae-woo, Shin Dong-mi, So Hee-jung, Yoon Joo-man,...

Synopsis
A survival-type kidnapper mistakenly kidnaps the princess and experiences a life reversing encounter.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2021

• Love 1