☆Princess Ai★

Guest babossagaji

Guest babossagaji

The Manga/AnimeI didn't see any topic with Princess Ai so I'm starting one. I saw the preview on TokyoPop Mangas and today, I read it at Barnes & Noble and instantly started to enjoy it. Does anyone else like it?

It's actually pretty good. I was surprised when I found out Courtney Love co-wrote it.

Princess-Ai-manga-1711147-951-1200.jpg
A young, amnesiac alien girl known only as Princess Ai is mysteriously transported to TokyoJapan. With only a heart-shaped box to clue her in on her past, Ai makes her living as a rock star at Club Cupid. She falls in love with a sensitive musician, Kent, much to the distaste of Kent's gay, possessive roommate, Hikaru. But Hikaru is the least of Ai's worries when gun-toting talent agents and demons seeking to take control of Ai's homeland, Ai Land, are hot on her trail.

Volumes: 3 volumes (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7284Published by: Tokyopop

Princess-Ai-manga-1711155-576-970.jpg

Princess-Ai-manga-1711169-954-1200.jpg

Princess-Ai-manga-1711168-942-1200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest babossagaji

it's actually really good but the storyline's sort of cliqche...

Princess Ai escapes from her planet Ai. She is supposedly the only human left? She wakes up in Tokyo and asks herself questions cus she doesn't quite remember.

Some random thief snags her heart shaped jewlery box (which is really important to her because it's her only way of going home or something) and a guy who's been following her(i didn't notice until i re read it) attacks the thief and gets her back her locket/jewelry box. They become sort of close...

He says he has to go to work and she decides to tag along...when they get near his workplace which is the library in the uni..she lies she goes there....afterwards...when the library closes for the students, she walks out.

She starts singing when she sees a random guitar player performing for money and she draws a crowd...

the guy thanks her and escapes with the rest of the money...

basically...a guy greets her and wants her to perform at his club...then she becomes a singer in volume 2..i think...haven't read that far yet...

but besides that, it's actually pretty good. ^^

Guest instantnoodlez

it's actually really good but the storyline's sort of cliqche...

Princess Ai escapes from her planet Ai. She is supposedly the only human left? She wakes up in Tokyo and asks herself questions cus she doesn't quite remember.

Some random thief snags her heart shaped jewlery box (which is really important to her because it's her only way of going home or something) and a guy who's been following her(i didn't notice until i re read it) attacks the thief and gets her back her locket/jewelry box. They become sort of close...

He says he has to go to work and she decides to tag along...when they get near his workplace which is the library in the uni..she lies she goes there....afterwards...when the library closes for the students, she walks out.

She starts singing when she sees a random guitar player performing for money and she draws a crowd...

the guy thanks her and escapes with the rest of the money...

basically...a guy greets her and wants her to perform at his club...then she becomes a singer in volume 2..i think...haven't read that far yet...

but besides that, it's actually pretty good. ^^

I can't say I like this series. The storyline isn't coherent, but I guess that's to be expected from a first-time writer. She's not human, she's an alien and someone evil is evilly out to kill her to take over <insert the name of her world/kingdom>. She's magically transported to Earth and soon after discovers she's totally marketable and is talented at singing and becomes a rock star. Hmmm..so much for keeping it on the dl to get over her amnesia, find out who she really is, find a way to get back home, save her world and probably subsequently, save Earth as well, destroy the evil, live happily ever after and end world hunger...all from a measily locket that sucks the life out of regular humans.

It's too cliche. You can find something cliche in any manga, but this one has it lined up one after another with little originality. However, I can say that I like the art style, but that's what you get if you have tons of money to hire a real mangaka to work for you!

Guest babossagaji

I can't say I like this series. The storyline isn't coherent, but I guess that's to be expected from a first-time writer. She's not human, she's an alien and someone evil is evilly out to kill her to take over <insert the name of her world/kingdom>. She's magically transported to Earth and soon after discovers she's totally marketable and is talented at singing and becomes a rock star. Hmmm..so much for keeping it on the dl to get over her amnesia, find out who she really is, find a way to get back home, save her world and probably subsequently, save Earth as well, destroy the evil, live happily ever after and end world hunger...all from a measily locket that sucks the life out of regular humans.

It's too cliche. You can find something cliche in any manga, but this one has it lined up one after another with little originality. However, I can say that I like the art style, but that's what you get if you have tons of money to hire a real mangaka to work for you!

Yup, the drawing's awesome.

Guest 1SwtDeception

I read only the first manga.. now the anime.. I merely glanced over it in Suncoast.. I never really took into account it was an anime. And I do say she is a hottie ... somewhat different from what I see in most mangas and animes.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

*first revival post since poster's previous post*

I loved the artwork for this manga. The storyline wasn't that much original and there wasn't much of an ending either. And according to Wikipedia, this manga was suppose to be based off of Courtney Love's life with her husband or something (although I think that it wasn't realistic enough to be based on her life). The story was written by Courtney Love, but drawn by a mangaka - it was a collaboration.

And is there an anime? I have never heard of this manga becoming an anime since I read the manga several years ago or so.

Archived