Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChenChoding

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SE7EN-CHOI DONG WOOK! #DearSE7EN #Se7enforeveryoung #HappybirthdaySE7EN 

12227631_1160110384017189_47360696210889

Edited by ChenChoding

• 2 weeks later...

*** Gosh.............I forgot his special day last November 9.....Well, it's better LATE than never -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Se7en!  I hope you have a year without regrets! :P

Se7en remains loyal to YG Entertainment with concert support for Jinusean

Image: Se7en's Instagram (left) / YG Entertainment (right)

Se7en is making a YG Entertainment comeback of some sort as he is set to guest on Jinusean’s upcoming concert! 

On Novemebr 23rd, JInusean released the first guest line-up for their concert Jinusean Bomb and confirmed that Se7en, Epik High, DJ DOC, Uhm Junghwa and more will be appearing as guests. Se7en’s appearance caused a lot of buzz, however, as fans reacted to secured loyalty to his former agency, YG Entertainment.

Although Se7en has left the agency since his military discharge to establish his own label, it appeared that he remains supportive of one of the agency’s founding members as they prepare for their concert.

Meanwhile, Jinusean’s Jinusean Bomb will be held at the Olympic Hall, Olympic Park, Seoul on December 19th.

Source: Dispatch / koreaboo

Songs That Stole The Hearts of K-Pop Fans 11 Years Ago

Many refers to K-Pop’s “Golden Age” as the year of 2008. But 2004 was also a year that has remained in the hearts of many K-Pop music lovers with tracks released that year reaching “classic” status.

For some artists, it was the start of a promising career as they paved their way to stardom with these fresh tracks while for others, it further showed their top status as a singer in Korea.

These 2004 hit songs are tracks that are a must-know for fans of these artists!

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

◆ Se7en – “Passion”

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

[+2760, -245] I miss the original TVXQ ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+2235, -39] Time goes by so fast....

[+1869, -122] TVXQ Hug is such memories..ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠcan’t believe it’s been over 10 years

[+1394, -54] These songs are still good to listen to

[+1251, -160] Yisoo… his vocals are really top class

Source: My Daily / koreaboo

Edited by willenette

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en performs his old hits at Jinusean’s concert rehearsal

Se7en's Instagram / ELEVEN9

SE7EN returns to his YG Entertainment roots as he performs his old hit tracks for Jinusean’s upcoming concert. 

On December 9th, Jinusean’s Sean posted a treat on his personal Instagram account by revealing a snippet of Seven’s old track, “Come Back To Me.” The video was taken during the rehearsal session of their upcoming concert Jinusean Bomb.

Aside from Se7en, Jinusean’s concert will also include performances by Epik High, DJ Doc, Mino, Bobby, B.I, Ailee, Zion T, Uhm Junghwa and more. It will be held at the Olympic Park on December 19th.

Meanwhile, Se7en remains independent running his own label ever since leaving YG Entertainment after his military discharge.

LINK to see the video : http://www.koreaboo.com/sns/se7en-performs-his-old-hits-at-jinuseans-concert-rehearsal/

• 4 weeks later...

New and old faces for 2016 music scene

04065651.jpg

The reinvention of hip-hop music, the resurgence of music from the good old days and the manipulation of online music charts by entertainment agencies were some of the big issues that made headlines last year in the music scene.

After a year of ups and downs, here is a look ahead to what the Korean music industry has to offer in 2016.

Return of early-2000s icons

Singer-actor Rain and his once archrival Se7en are on their way to making a comeback.

“You can expect a new album from me between March and April,” Rain told his fans during a recent concert in December. He said his new album will “have all the elements people expect from Rain.”

Se7en is also amping up his presence in the music scene. He recently held concerts at five cities in Japan to mark the 10th anniversary of his debut. The release date is not yet fixed, but he is set to roll out a new album within the first half of this year.

Rain debuted in 1998 while Se7en broke into the music scene in 2003, but the media loved to compare the two as rivals.

Indeed, the two have many things in common.

Both of them soared to stardom with their powerful and dynamic dance performances. For example, Se7en used to dance while wearing Heelys, or sneakers that have wheels on the bottom, in promoting his song “Come Back to Me” in 2003. Every kid and teenager in Korea sang and danced along to his song while wearing Heelys.

In the same year, Rain took the music scene by storm with his medium-tempo dance tune “How to Avoid the Sun.”

But their careers began to go downhill around the time they served their mandatory military duties.

Se7en came under fire for visiting an adult massage parlor while serving in the military in Chuncheon, Gangwon, in 2013. Since the singer was in romantic relationship with actress Park Han-byul for more than 10 years back then, the scandal tarnished his public image even more.

Rain was also criticized for going out on dates with his actress girlfriend, Kim Tae-hee, several times while he was in the military.

Such activities are legally prohibited while serving in the military.

But Rain and Se7en each recently launched their own agencies in a move to recapture their former glory.

(skipped unrelated.....)

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG [so@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

SE7EN Prepares for a Comeback in March

SE7EN Prepares for a Comeback in March

Singer SE7EN’s agency revealed on January 8 that he is currently working on a comeback with the goal of releasing his new album in the first half of the year.

He aims to release the album in March in order to give enough time to promote it in Japan and other Asian countries.

The agency representative commented, “We’re working on various versions of the concept as a whole. SE7EN is very hands-on with every aspect of the album.”

In recent days, SE7EN opened up a one-man agency Eleven Nine Entertainment. He hopes to kickstart his comeback activities starting with the release of his new album in Korea in March as he looks to promote his music internationally and widen his genre into musicals as well.

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Can't wait the return of Se7en! I always love Se7en's releases. Best of luck to him! :P

Se7en to finally make his comeback as an artist

Se7en_1452224081_af_org.jpg

Se7en is finally making his comeback as an artist! He was busy last year with a musical and setting up his own label ELEVEN9 Entertainment, but now he's coming back to his roots as a solo artist.

His agency ELEVEN9's rep told StarNews, "Se7en is preparing with the goal of releasing his album in March."

They added, "This album includes Se7en's self-composed songs and he's planning to directly produce the album. As he's making his comeback after a long time, he's putting his heart and soul into preparations."

SEE ALSO: Se7en's friends congratulate him on the grand opening of his new label office!

It's been nearly four years since his last comeback back in 2012, so it's been a long time coming. Stay tuned for more details!

source : allkpop

• 1 month later...

SE7EN, decides to come back in April with new album

16947_1.jpg

Singer SE7EN decided on the comeback date in 4 years.

SE7EN's spokesman announced on February 14th, "SE7EN is preparing for his new album. He is thinking of releasing them in April."

Singer SE7EN is concentrating on the new album to celebrate 13th anniversary since the debut. SE7EN is coming back with a new album in 4 years and 2 months.

Meantime, singer SE7EN made a successful debut as a musical singer in 'Elizabeth.' [Photo=Eleven Nine]

source : Innolife.co.kr

Se7en Prepares 1st Album Under Self-Run Agency Eleven9

Se7en

Singer Se7en is preparing to release a new album in mid-April, the first under his own agency Eleven9 and since returning from mandatory military service.

A person close to Se7en, also increasingly known by his musical acting name Choi Dong Wook, divulged the album preparation details, reports The Korea Herald.

Earlier in January, a representative from Eleven9 said that Se7en would release the album sometime in spring.

Se7en was involved in a highly publicized scandal while serving out his two-year military service that ended in December 2014. He then officially departed from YG Entertainment in February 2015, ending a 12-year relationship together.

Initially there was speculation that Se7en would join another agency, but he reportedly turned an offer down and chose instead to invest $5 million to set up his own called Eleven9.

Eleven9 was made specifically to promote Se7en's solo activities, and is based in the popular Hongdae neighborhood in Seoul.

Immediately after his return to civilian life and the public spotlight, Se7en decided to focus on non-album activities. He spent most of 2015 performing in a musical and reconnecting with his Japanese fans.

Se7en landed the role of Der Tod, or Death, in the Korean staging of the German musical Elisabeth, which ran from June to September 2015.

Japanese fans also got to see him a lot last year through his fan meetings and 10th anniversary tour.

source : kpopstarz

• 1 month later...

K-pop singer Se7en to make Japanese comeback after three years

SEOUL, March 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korean singer Se7en will make a comeback in the Japanese market after a three-year hiatus in partnership with a large Japanese label, his domestic agency said Monday.

He will release a new song in Japan on July 7 under a management contract with the Japanese record label Victor Entertainment, Eleven Nine Entertainment said.

According to the agency, the singer, whose original name is Choi Dong-wook, held a news conference with Japanese media on Sunday to announce his signing of a contract with the Japanese agency. He also held a fan event called "Se7en Premium Talk Event in Tokyo" on the same day.

K-pop singer Se7en (Yonhap) K-pop singer Se7en (Yonhap)

The forthcoming album will be the singer's first in three years following his last single album "Arigatou" in 2013.

Victor Entertainment is a large record company in charge of distributing albums by famed artists including SMAP, one of Japan's biggest pop groups.

"We are glad to greet Se7en and will exert every effort to have him actively perform in Japan," an official from Victor said.

Another source in Seoul said that Se7en will also make a comeback in Korea after four years with new songs during the first half of the year.

Born in 1984, Se7en previously also ventured into the United States and Chinese markets.

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• 1 month later...

***Wahhh..............I'm excited to see him on this show. Can't wait to know when. :P

Se7en to return on screen for 'Super Idol' season 2!

Se7en_1462493758_af_org.jpg

Se7en will be appearing on MBC Music's 'Super Idol' season 2 as a special judge!

The last time Se7en made a screen appearance was back in 2012. He is returning on the show for the first time in 4 years in order to provide precise feedback to the participants. The star showed much determination, and said, "I am going to have my eyes on their dance, song, rap, as well as manners in performance, and visuals."

Are you excited to see Se7en on 'Super Idol' season 2? 

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en lends his voice for “Monster” OST!

monster-seven.jpg

Se7en returns to the music scene with his latest track “Is It Okay?” for the OST of the drama “Monster”.

Se7en sang for the MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Monster” with the OST track “Is It Okay?” that was released on May 17. This also marks the kick off of Se7en’s return to singing gigs.

The said OST as well will be revealed through the 15th episode of the drama.

Se7en has been preparing for his music return after he was discharged from the military and establishing his own company. He is also scheduled to appear on a musical soon.

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/05/17/se7en-lends-his-voice-for-monster-ost/

• 3 weeks later...

SE7EN releases new single 'Rainbow' on July 7th

17542_1.jpg

Singer SE7EN is releasing a new single album 'RAINBOW' on July 7th.

Singer SE7EN's agency ELEVEN9 Entertainment announced, "SE7EN is releasing a new single album 'Rainbow' and starting full scale work in Japan."

Meantime, singer SE7EN held 'SE7EN Premium Talk Event in Tokyo' with fans. He held 'SE7EN 10th Anniversary Tour in Japan' successfully in 5 cities. [Photo=ELEVEN9]

source : Innolife.co.kr

• 4 weeks later...

July 5, 2016

SE7EN plans release of new music video

Singer SE7EN will release a new music video, according to his talent agency Eleven Nine Entertainment on Monday. “SE7EN will release a music video featuring a new song [tentatively titled] ‘That’s Ok’ at midnight on July 7.”

The upcoming track will be the first new song by the 31-year-old singer in three years, since “Thank U” dropped in March 2013. The new song is a groovy R&B track written and composed by the singer. The music video will become available through YouTube and Naver TV Cast, but the song itself won’t be available through popular streaming services like MelOn.

SE7EN is planning to unveil his 10th single “Rainbow” in Japan on July 7. It will be his first album since signing with the major Japanese record label Victor Entertainment early this year.

Since his debut in 2003 with the album “Just Listen,” SE7EN has expanded to areas including musical theater. Most recently, he starred in the hit musical “Elisabeth” last year.

By Jin Min-ji

credit : JoongAngDaily

Watch: Se7en Thanks Those Who Have Supported Him During Hard Times In “I’m Good” MV

Watch: Se7en Thanks Those Who Have Supported Him During Hard Times In “I’m Good” MV

Se7en has gifted fans with his first new track in over three years, entitled “I’m Good”!

On July 7 at midnight KST, the popular R&B singer dropped the music video for the emotional self-composed song. In the track, he sings about how thankful he is for someone who has listened to him and supported him. “I’m good, as long as you say you believe in me,” he sings. Watch the video below :

Shortly after the release of the music video, Se7en tweeted, “This is a song I wrote as I thought of all of you who have given me courage and hope when I wanted to give up on everything. I sincerely thank everyone who is always by my side, supporting me and believing me, and has enabled me to start again.”

Se7en went through a difficult period after being wrapped up in a controversy after visiting an adult massage parlor, along with Sangchu, during his military service in 2013. Although he recently made a return to the entertainment world by appearing in a musical last year, this is his first release since his pre-enlistment track “Thank You.”

Sadly, this is not an official comeback from Se7en, as he will not be promoting this track on music shows.

What do you think of “I’m Good”?

credit : soompi news

Se7en is here with I’m Good MV

Se7en is now here with his full version of his track I’m Good.

He is definitely here after 3 years of hiatus. Previously Se7en released a music video teaser of his track I’m Good and he made his fans so excited for the full release of his new track.

Last June 7 Se7en made his comeback with It’s Okay and it was a success for his return in the industry after 3 years.

Now he has released his music video for I’m Good and as the video starts a man is lying down on a sofa as a very sad and emotional singing of Se7en is going.

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/07/10/se7en-im-good-mv/

• 1 month later...

Se7en Is Preparing To Make First Comeback In Over 4 Years

Se7en Is Preparing To Make First Comeback In Over 4 Years

Singer Se7en is gearing up to make a long-awaited comeback!

On September 1, Se7en’s one-man agency Eleven9 told news outlet Herald Pop, “Se7en is currently working on an album, with the goal of making a comeback in October.” This will be his first comeback since he released his second mini-album “When I Can’t Sing” in February of 2012, before enlisting in the military for his mandatory service in 2013.

His agency says that it has not yet been decided whether the comeback will be with a mini album or a full album, and that he is currently working on putting together the tracklist, with several options for a title track.

They add, “He is planning to appear a lot on television shows.”

Se7en recently thanked fans for supporting him throughout difficult times over the years by releasing the track “I’m Good” in July of this year.

Source (1) / soompi news