Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

• 3 months later...
Guest bwitched

hehehe..a thread for Choi Dong Wook???..not bad. Hope u'll fill the thread will all his infos as an actor. Don't mind if it has been posted in other threads.

starcrystal has stated her worries over crossposting. I can understand her worries. But if u take a really great care and manage carefully this thread, there won't be any problem. Help her for example to post infos from Se7en's thread here. Because she did a great job in Goong S ' thread.

and hopefully people will profit from this thread coz some people don't bother to go to the Goong S thread because there's hundres pages on it already.

aja aja!!

• 9 months later...

After 2 years since Se7en announced his plans on breaking into the US market, a concrete plan on his US debut was released. Not only that, he is now back in the limelight and will be attending the “White Day” party at the Hiro Ballroom of Maritime Hotel in New York city on March 14, wherein he will be singing 3 songs from his US debut album. This event also marks the start of Se7en’s 5-city album preview party.

The event will also be attended by Mark Shimmel, in charge of Se7en’s US album, officials from the American cable network BET and Jive Records, which is the home of popular singers like Justine Timberlake, Britney Spears and R. Kelly.

As promised before, YG Entertainment has released more information regarding Se7en’s US debut.

“Se7en has been getting a lot of interest from American music officials because of news that the best producers like Rich Harrison, Noize Trip and Dark Child particpated in his album. After the album contract is wrapped up, a formal album release party is scheduled to be held in Atlanta,” YG Entertainment announced.

Sources: Edaily + http://krnloop.wordpress.com/

credits : StarCrystal

• 5 years later...

***I hope it’s not true because I care for this couple. They look good together.:)

class="content-title"Se7en’s Representative Denies Rumors Regarding Se7en and Park Han Byul Breakup

Recently a representative of Se7en cleared up rumors about Se7en and Park Han Byul having broken up. Se7en enlisted into his mandatory military service on March 19. On March 22, he was sent to Gyeonggi-do Pocheon.

At the time Se7en and Park Han Byul did not have the chance to say goodbye. Also, when he was asked how do you think Park Han Byul will wait for you, he simply replied “She will do it well, on her own.”
A representative of Se7en stated, “Currently there are rumors going on that Se7en and Park Han Byul have broken up. I have heard that they are dating well. It is true that Park Han Byul had to go overseas for photoshoots and did not have time to see Se7en’s new hairdo or meet him frequently.”

The representative continued, “Se7en has a real good personality. He cares a lot for other people. He really takes care of the staff members around him.” 

se7en-park-han-byul1.jpg

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

*** Looks like he’s doing well because he’s already a “squad commander” as early during his training. Take care, Oppa! I can barely see his face because of that big “cap” - I miss him so bad! Good to see Se7en looking happy. Waiting……… It's good to hear & read some news about him inside the military. Se7en is so cool wearing that military uniform. He makes such a handsome soldier! L-)

class="entry-title"Se7en poses with fellow soldiers during his basic training

20130410_se7en_training.jpg

Se7en posed with his fellow soldiers during his training.

Photos were uploaded onto the 8th division’s new recruit training center’s official cafe. The photos were taken while he was training, and just like Leeteuk had been the leader of his reserve, Se7en had a mark on his arm signifying him as the squadron leader.

Se7en had enlisted in the army to the 306th reserve back on March 19, and then had moved to the 8th division’s new recruit training center. He’s currently in his 3rd week of his 5 week basic training period, and when it’s over he’ll be serving for 21 months.

source : allkpop

Se7en participating in a ceremony

The 306th Reserve Corps recently released new photos of singer and new army recruit Se7en participating in a ceremony where he received his rifle.

In the photos, Se7en is seen participating the ceremony, while he was also seen sporting a green insignia on his shoulder which indicated that he had been appointed as a commander trainee. With the photos, Se7en seems to be adjusting well to army life and showing his masculine charms.

Netizens and fans who saw the photos expressed, “Se7en looks so manly,” “Se7en and all other soldiers, fighting.”

Se7en enlisted for the army by reporting at the 306th Reserve Corps in Uijeongbu on March 19th, where he will receive 5 weeks of basic military training, before beginning his 21 months of service.

By: Kim Ha Yeon
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Photo: The 306th Reserve Corps recently released new photos of singer and new army recruit Se7en participating in a ceremony where he received his rifle.  In the photos, Se7en is seen participating the ceremony, while he was also seen sporting a green insignia on his shoulder which indicated that he had been appointed as a commander trainee. With the photos, Se7en seems to be adjusting well to army life and showing his masculine charms.  Netizens and fans who saw the photos expressed, “Se7en looks so manly,” “Se7en and all other soldiers, fighting.”  Se7en enlisted for the army by reporting at the 306th Reserve Corps in Uijeongbu on March 19th, where he will receive 5 weeks of basic military training, before beginning his 21 months of service.  By: Kim Ha Yeon Copyright@KpopFighting.com

class="content-title" Top 5 Most Envied Celebrity Couples by halves in unison April 18, 2013

Eduwill, a company certifying those who are interested in pursuing careers in licensed real estate, civil service, social work and credit bank, conducted a survey from March 11 to March 22 asking its customers to vote for the celebrity couple they are envious of and what they think are important in a dating relationship.

Many deem personality as the most important factor in choosing a partner with 65.0% of the votes. Face and body figure is the next important gaining 12.2% votes. Style came in third with 9.0% votes quickly followed by economic ability with 8.3%. Education background barely made the list with 1.0%.

Flip through the gallery to see who are the top five envious celebrity couples! Do you agree with the couples?

(skipped unrelated.....)

1. Se7en & Park Han Byul

(33.3% of the votes)

couple-1.jpg

***In case this will happen, he'll be closer & together with some celebrity-soldiers & RAIN, his hyung. I hope he'd serve there later on instead of being a regular soldier. I'm afraid something might happen to SE7EN because of the current tension between SK & NK when it would get worst later on. I bet most soldiers in other divisions would be forced into the fighting if N. Korea attacks. And I'm sure YG could pull strings to get him in there in the PR Dept (DEMA). It's a bad idea for me this time that he'll be assigned as a regular soldier. I guess there might be criticism that he's getting it easier just because he's famous. Well, almost every celebrity becomes a special celeb recruit. And true, Koreans like and support celebrities who serve as a regular soldiers. When celebrities enter as regular soldiers, they get a lot of respect, it looks very humble for them to train and serve alongside regular citizens. But, MS is mandatory in Korea so why not pick the easier choice. Will it ever change? Probably in the future but not right now when tension is still here. So, it's something less likely to change. Sometimes you try to take the easy way out. I don't want to sound like I'm justifying anything, but we shouldn't judge Se7en even if he does pick the celebrity recruit option. Let’s all just be patient & wait to see what happens...... :(

class="entry-title"Reps from military and YG Entertainment say there is a potential for Se7en to serve as a celebrity recruit

20130422_Se7en.jpg

Se7en received notice to join the 135 infantry division as a rifleman, which was revealed through his 8th division’s official internet cafe, but the 8th division and his agency both have revealed that although this is true, it’s too early to be sure whether he’ll serve as a regular soldier or a celebrity recruit.

A rep from the 8th Division commented, “It is true that [se7en] received a noticed to be placed in the 135th infantry division. But it’s not a final decision and his placement will be revealed following completion of his training. Nothing has been specifically confirmed and there is a high probability that he may be recruited into the promotional department of the army.”

YG Entertainment also cautiously stated, “He is receiving interest from the army’s promotional department, the military marching band, and more. Following completion of his basic training on the 26th, he will receive his official placement and his position might be changed.”

As mentioned before, Se7en had enlisted in the army to the 306th reserve back on March 19, and then had moved to the 8th division’s new recruit training center. Se7en will finish his 5 week training period on the 26th.

Source + image: Sports Donga via Naver, Starin via Nate / allkpop

***Good to hear news about him. Ahhh………time flies. Almost been 5 weeks already? Am I the only one thinking this is quite… cool that he goes to the PR Dept instead? Well, wherever he goes, good luck Se7en with everything! Be safe. Those serving in the military whether celebrity or not hopefully all of them would stay healthy and safe... Even though I was annoyed & still am at some articles written about RAIN, I hope they leave him alone already! Back to Se7en, even in military uniform, definitely still "swoon-worthy!" Hwaiting oppa! And I miss you!;)

class="entry-title"Se7en to be placed as a rifleman in the 135th infantry division

20130422_se7en_rifleman.jpg

Se7en will be serving as a regular soldier rather than a celebrity recruit.

YG Entertainment recently stated, “Se7en is wrapping up his basic training, and he will be be placed in the 135th infantry division.

According to the label, Se7en has been placed as a regular rifleman. When he finishes his training on the 26th, he’ll be moving into his division and spend the rest of his 21 months of army service not as a celebrity recruit but as a regular soldier.

Se7en had enlisted in the army to the 306th reserve back on March 19, and then had moved to the 8th division’s new recruit training center. He’s almost finished with his 5 week basic training period.

source : allkpop

***Ohhh..........I thought all along he'll be assigned as a regular soldier. But, I see this coming since who in their proper mind wants to be assigned at the 'combat zone', huh? When all celebrity soldiers have the option to be at the PR Dept. anyway when you're in the Army Section & active-soldier at that. I guess by this time he & RAIN have already met inside. I'm happy & not worried since RAIN will always be there for Se7en who's a new recruit. I won't say he has to baby him but he's there to "assist" Se7en. Now, because of this new development, there will be sure a lot of hate and disappointment from Korean citizen. Comments will soon be very bad as expected. But, I hope Koreans could be more understanding - two years or 21-months are a lot of time especially if you're popular to be missing out on making money. That's why, it's understandable that all these celebs get to go through the easy way for two years/21-months.  Guys, I hope you get what I'm saying - if not, I guess we just have different thoughts & it's cool. L-)

class="entry-title"Se7en to serve out his military service as a celebrity soldier

20130428_se7en.jpg

YG Entertainment announced that singer Se7en, currently serving out his military duty, will be following in the footsteps of celebrities such as Boom, Rain, and Super Junior‘s Leeteuk to join the ‘celebrity soldier’ ranks.

“After completing basic training on the 26th, his status has been changed to a celebrity soldier,” his agency stated.

As a designated celebrity soldier, Se7en will be participating in non-combat areas such as military radio broadcasts and performance tours.

Source: Star News via Nate / allkpop

Se7en Reassigned to Serve as PR Soldier

Although he was initially a general soldier, Se7en has been reassigned to carry out his duties as a celebrity soldier.

52746725.jpg

On April 28, YG Entertainment announced that Se7en was reassigned as a celebrity soldier after his application was accepted. He will be serving as a PR celebrity soldier for the Ministry of National Defense, along with other stars, such as Rain, Ji Hyung Woo, and Super Junior’s Leeteuk.

The change occured when the Defence Agency for Public Information Services and the military band showed interest in Se7en.

Se7en enlisted in the army on March 19. He will serve for two years.

Photo Credit: Kim Byung Kwan / enewsworld

class="content-title"Se7en Will Be Serving as a Celebrity Soldier After All

Se7en Will Be Serving as a Celebrity Soldier After All

Singer Se7en, who recently received a lot of positive attention due to his military assignment as a rifleman, was reassigned as a celebrity soldier.

According to “The Korea Economic Daily” on April 28, Se7en’s agency YG Entertainment announced, “After his basic training, Se7en has been reassigned as a celebrity solider instead of becoming a regular rifleman in the 135th infantry division.”

When Se7en’s rifleman position was announced on the official website of the Basic Training Division on April 24, YG Entertainment has at the time suggested possible change in this decision as they stated, “The National Defense Promotion Unit and the Military Band are also showing interest in Se7en.”

Meanwhile, celebrities that belong to the National Defense Promotion Unit include Rain, Lee Suk Hoon, and Leeteuk

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh………how I wish SE7en could adjust to military life soonest as what RAIN has done. I’m sure both have experienced some nice & good military life including the anxiety they felt when they entered training camp, a sensation of fear when they grabbed a rifle for the first time in their life, and the heart-thumping when they saw their superiors all there. But, all these I guess have been over & done with in RAIN’s case.  

:))

RAIN mentioned on 13.05.20 국방FM 충성! My Friend 이석훈입니다
credit : Terry Yu Twitter / 2407se7en youtube/ NovemberRain

[English translation] 0:25~0:48
credit : 화니

[MC 이석훈] : "Who do you think looks better in uniform than anyone else in the military?"
[An invited guest] : The answer, of course, is sergeant 'Jung Ji-Hoon' (Rain).
He is second to none as a man who is tall and broad with humped shoulders.
His great figure can be found in some current pictures showing his leaving the country in an airport.