Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

11 Artists Who Left YG Entertainment, And What They’re Doing Now

These K-Pop artists once called YG Entertainment their home, but have now moved on to bigger and better things.

1. Se7en

Se7en debuted with YG Entertainment in 2003 and received several Rookie of the Year awards.

se7en-debut

He continued to rise in popularity through Korea and all of Asia, and made his American debut in 2009.

Se7en was discharged from the military in December 2014, a service marked with scandal due to breaking curfew and visiting a massage parlour famous for prostitution.

se7en-army

His contract with YG Entertainment expired months later and they mutually agreed not to renew the singer’s contract.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

He established his own agency, ELEVEN9 Entertainment and returned to music in 2016. Most recently, he acted in the musical “Dogfight” with G.O.D’s Son Hoyoung and BTOB’s Changsub.

Se7en’s return met with criticism

Singer Se7en is making a comeback with a new single on Sunday, after a two-year hiatus, but his return has been met with a mixed response.

On Thursday, the singer announced that his upcoming single “Scared” would be coming this week. The release comes two years after his latest album “I Am Se7en” in 2016.

While many fans of the singer welcomed the news, commenting “I’ve been waiting for your return” or “I’m looking forward to your new song,” there were others who were not pleased with his return, referring him as “Se7en from the massage parlor.”

The singer, who debuted in 2003 with the album “Just Listen,” came under fire when he allegedly visited a suspicious massage parlor while serving his mandatory military duty in 2013. He was given a 10-day military jail sentence by Korea’s Ministry of National Defense.

By Yeo Ye-rim

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** No wonder Se7en attended the event. Congratulations for winning the History of Songs Award Category. :lol:

Winners Of 2018 Asia Artist Awards

The 2018 Asia Artist Awards recognized some of the biggest stars in Korea’s entertainment industry!

The ceremony was held on the evening of November 28 in Seoul, with awards honoring the work of both actors and musicians in the past year.

The Daesangs (grand prizes) of the night went to BTS and Lee Byung Hun. BTS won five awards in total, while Lee Byung Hun and IU both took home four trophies.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Music Category

StarPay Popularity Award: BTS
Focus Award: D-CRUNCH, W24
Rising Star: fromis_9, SF9
New Wave Award: KARD, WJSN (Cosmic Girls), gugudan
Favorite Award: Chungha
History of Songs Award: Se7en
Korean Tourism Appreciation Award: BTS
Best Performance Director: Son Sung Deuk
Best Producer: Pdogg
Choice Award: SNUPER

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

18 K-Pop songs that are completely in English

K-Pop is enjoyed not only by Korean people but also by fans all over the world. And for their international fans, some K-Pop artists have released songs completely in English. Check out these songs that feature all-English lyrics!

Se7en x Lil Kim - Girls

Se7en made his American debut with the all-English Track "Girls" featuring Lil Kim. Unfortunately, it never really caught on with the American audience.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• 2 months later...

Seven's new single 'COLD' set to hit K-pop scene

SEOUL, Feb. 12 (Yonhap) -- K-pop star Seven is set to release on Tuesday a new digital single, an R&B song that tells a story of betrayed love, his management agency said.

The new single, "COLD," Seven's first music release in three months, will be made available for streaming at major music stores starting Tuesday evening, Eleven9 Entertainment said.

The song, composed and written by Seven himself, delves into the despair of a betrayed love. The song did away with the R&B genre's typically heavy chorus and instead focused chiefly on Seven's vocals in order to give highlights to the song's despairing sentiments, the agency noted.

With the release of the new song, Seven will kick off a year of busy activities encompassing various entertainment fields, his agency said.

AEN20190212006100315_01_i_P4.jpg

This image of Seven is provided by Elven9 Entertainment. (Yonhap)

• 2 months later...

*** I hope we could get to see the picture.....I will always be a fan of Se7en! :P

***************************************************************************************

Se7en & Lee Da Hae revealed to have enjoyed a carefree, casual restaurant date in Seoul, going strong for 3 years

sjpg.jpg

According to an exclusive report by New1 on April 16, celebrity couple Se7en and Lee Da Hae recently enjoyed a restaurant date in Chungdan-dong, Seoul!

In the words of New1, the singer-actress couple were seen dressed casually without covering their faces in masks, not paying attention to their surroundings but to each other and their meal. The couple also encountered a sunbae singer during the meal, and Se7en greeted this sunbae merrily, introducing Lee Da Hae as his girlfriend fondly. 

Meanwhile, Se7en and Lee Da Hae first admitted to their relationship back in September of 2016. The couple is now going strong on 3 years, openly addressing their relationship through interviews, broadcasts, etc. 

source : allkpop

• 1 month later...

*** Se7en is so CUTE. :P

Stars Have Fun Becoming Kids Again By Using Baby Face Filter

The baby face filter is so popular nowadays, and celebrities have got in on the fun!

Check out many of the celebrities who become enthralled by their adorable appearances as they go back to their childhood using the funny filter.

Se7en

Fans can’t help but fawn over little Se7en!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 1 month later...

*** He can pull-off that blonde bleached hair. Although, it seems that he lost a little weight. Well, Se7en is literally my bias. I hope he is taking care of himself. :P

]Se7en shows off his youthful looks en route to Japan

201907021158556210_1.jpg

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/07/se7en-shows-off-his-youthful-looks-en.html

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Se7en Describes Close Friendship With Rain Despite Their “Rival” Reputation

Se7en spoke about his “rivalry” with Rain and explained their close friendship!

On May 12, Se7en appeared as a guest on Mnet’s “Quiz and Music Show.” During the show, he confidently announced, “I won’t try to be funny and will instead answer all of the questions correctly.”

However, he failed to answer questions pertaining to many artists whom he promoted alongside, such as Baek Ji Young, 1TYM, S.E.S, DJ DOC, Wonder Girls, and himself.

He mentioned that he was still good friends with the members of 1TYM and talked about his friendship with Rain. Se7en debuted in 2003 under YG Entertainment, a year after Rain made his solo debut under JYP Entertainment, and the two were often portrayed as rivals in the media.

Se7en dispelled these comments by saying, “When we were in school, Ji Hoon [Rain’s real name] and I would travel to and from school together. We would take the subway together and Ji Hoon would get off at Sindorim Station to go to JYP and I would go to Hapjeong,” where YG Entertainment is located.

He continued, “Ji Hoon would always buy me my subway ticket. It was when they cost around 700 won (approximately $0.57) but he would buy me a ticket every day.”

Se7en also explained, “We are even closer now. He’s a total foodie.

He knows a lot of good restaurants so he always takes me with him.”

Source (1)/ soompi news

Se7en dismisses his past rivalry with Rain

1589288943-20200512-se7enrain.jpg

Se7en dismissed his past rivalry with Rain.

On the May 12th episode of Mnet's 'Between Quiz and Music', Se7en featured as a guest and revealed his intentions for his appearance, saying, "I won't think about being fun. I'll just get all the questions right."

He then discussed his supposed rivalry with Rain as they both promoted around the same era, saying, "Even when we went to school, we both were school crossing guards. Rain and I would ride the subway together, and at Sindorim Station, he went to JYP Entertainment and I went to Hapjeong," revealing his trainee days. 

Se7en continued, "Rain hyung always bought me a subway ticket. It was about 700 Won (0.57 cents) at the time. We're even closer these days. He's totally a foodie. He always tells me about the good places to eat and takes me there."

In other news, Se7en recently signed with DMOST Entertainment.

source : allkpop

• 3 months later...

5 Rags to Riches K-Dramas to Inspire You to Chase Your Dreams

K-dramas give tons of takeaways and motivation to make your life better, and plenty of these go around the theme of being poor and climbing the ladder of success.

These 5 Korean rags to riches series below will inspire us that, with hard work and perseverance, anybody can achieve their dreams. 

"Goong S" (2007)

Choi Dong Wook and Heo Yi Jae

The royal family is in search for a new successor to marry the empress. The queen then discovered Lee Hoo (Se7en) and trained him to be the next member of the royal family. He is a delivery boy in a Chinese restaurant but little did they know that Lee Hoo is actually the prince's son from a woman who left the palace to hide and keep her pregnancy. Lee Hoo is compelled to face the challenges of learning to live in politics and a life he is meant for.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118861/20200908/5-rags-to-riches-k-dramas-to-inspire-you-to-chase-your-dreams.htm

• 2 months later...

*** SE7EN mentioned his 5-year relationship with his girlfriend Lee Da-hae on November 29, episode of MBN's  'House of Have Some More' when he made a guest appearance. He said that they're very good. They're almost like friends. And he really has fun. Sometimes, he added that he feels like they might even be too childish. Se7en says : My girlfriend is mature and polite. Even though we're the same age, there are lots to learn from her. Not only does she make me realize how much more I still have to learn, but she also makes me feel as if I should do more for her." He added that he met her when he was going through the most difficult time of his life. That's why she is more special and he feels so grateful for her. She's someone who he can lean on. :blush:

201496498_1280.jpg

credit photo : SBS Star

• 4 months later...

The 25 Most-Watched K-Pop Soloist Music Videos Of The 2000s

How many of these iconic solo hits do you know?

We’ve looked back on the most popular K-Pop girl group and boy group music videos of the 2000s, and to finish things off, it’s time to give soloists some love too! Idols such as G-Dragon, Taeyang, BoA, Se7en, and Gummy were big back in those days, and many are still known as legends today.

Though the views on these videos may seem low compared to today’s standards, these artists were very popular and successful back when K-Pop wasn’t as widespread as it is today. Here are the 25 most-watched soloist MVs from the 2000s!

22. “Come Back To Me Part.2” by Se7en

Released on October 8, 2008, “Come Back To Me Part.2” currently has 2.09 million views, as well as 12.0k likes!

20. “Passion” by Se7en

Released on October 8, 2008, “Passion” currently has 2.89 million views, as well as 15.6k likes!

12. “La La La” by Se7en

Released on October 8, 2008, “La La La” currently has 4.30 million views, as well as 19.9k likes!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• 1 month later...

*** Seven showed off his cooking skills by making Tteok-bokki. He posted a picture on his Instagram yesterday, June 1, with a caption - "Today I am a Tteok-bokki chef, just put it all in, boil it, send it to me."  He's taking a picture in front of what he cooked. It is a picture taken in comfortable clothes at home, but Seven's shining visuals stand out. I love his light blue pot. :happydance:

20210601173258981nrln.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** In the latest preview of “Point of Omniscient Interfere”, which was broadcast on August 21st,the work routine of actress Park Ha-sun was revealed, and then her husband, which they have been married for 4 and a half years, sent a loving message that was quite sweet; The scene changed to SE7EN who was practicing B-Boy.  Aside from his dancing routine, his private life was also made in public. Soon he talked about his girlfriend Lee Da Hee and the sweet phone conversation between them was released. He was shy as he covered his eyes with embarrassment and the audience screamed as soon as they finished talking on the phone.  Seven and  Lee Da Hee started meeting in 2015 and news of the relationship was announced through an article in September 2016. Seven's daily life can be seen in 'Point of Omniscient Interfere' next week, August 28, which was plugged as a trailer at the end of the preview clip. The trailer featured a video of Seven's debut, including the past performances, and the audio voice of his current girlfriend, Lee Da Hee also revealed. They have been doing well for a long time. Seven and Lee Da Hee are considered to be one of the longest couple of the entertainment industry who have been in the open for seven years. SE7EN also said frankly, “She is the person I have met during the most difficult period of my life. She is very precious to me and very grateful, and has become a great support for me.” :ohboy2:

20210822142714254cmwz.jpg

photos source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/08/seven-is-it-seven-years-of-devotion.html

*** Seven posted a selfie on his instagram yesterday August 24th with a caption -  "If it rains and # music flows # I loved # Come to see". - Seven is appearing in musical 'I Loved You'. This is a jukebox musical made of famous songs by the late Kim Hyun-sik. His music were well-received that encourages empathy. These are the love story of a successful singer-songwriter. Upcoming musical 'I Loved You' has run from August 14 till October 31 at Kwanglim Arts Center, BBCH Hall. Aside from Se7en, the line-up also includes  VICTON Kang Seung Sik, UP10TION Sunyoul, Park Gyu Ri & Lim Na Young & among many other musical actors and actresses. :Fist1:

20210824174405940xeqi.jpg

AKR20210629049900005_01_i_P4_20210629095

source : https://news.naver.com/main/read.naver?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=001&aid=0012490200

*** Se7en revealed his house in the show "Point of Omniscient Interfere",which was broadcast on August 28th.  It looks like he has a large living room. It is a neatly arranged living room. I really admire his choice after seeing his place. I'm impressed of the arrangement. During the show, the daily life of Seven and his manager were revealed. He also has a spacious kitchen. Looking at these pictures, I can say that Se7en is so neat. I'm sure he's good at it. Seven has the ability to organize things. And it looks like he has a collection of many figures. He said during the show that recently he's been into wine and got himself a Sommelier Certificate.  :heart3:

20210829060045423yrvr.jpg

20210829060045561ugcl.jpg

source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/08/seven-house-reveals-large-living-room.html