Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

10 hours ago, ELY_397 said:

Thanks Annya! I couldn't help it but my first reaction was "is he trying to be 007"? Pardon the pun. ;)

I like the teaser a lot - it looks retro and fun. Good to see him try new genres not just R&B. 

Hi ELY, I love the teaser, too! Se7en looks sexy in that teaser clip. I hope this will be an anticipated comeback! Right you are - the music video I guess was inspired by the famous sequences for the James Bond films. The track sounds like a catchy dance song! Can't wait for his promotion on this. Se7en wasn't able to do that recently for his released track "I'm Good" last July.   Fans are therefore excited to see Se7en make an official comeback! :P

• Like 3

On 10/12/2016 at 2:25 PM, Tey Ling said:

Today is Oct 13, the episode day in Happy Together which Se7en is a guest. Am looking forward to it.:) 

Hi Tey Ling, thanks for sharing this info - D-Day! I almost forgot this.  SE7EN will talk about behind stories of a relationship with his girlfriend Lee Da Hae here. ‘Happy Together3’ airs tonight at 11:10pm KST. Se7en will also be in “M!Countdown” later, followed by “Music Bank” the next day, which is tomorrow, October 14.  He will be dropping his new mini album “I Am Se7en” on that day. This album marks his first official comeback since his discharge from MS. :P

• Like 2

*** I’m excited of this album because I know all along that Se7en participated in making the melodies, writing the lyrics and the production of every song here. I’m happy that he’s back on stage and singing and again communicating with fans. His new lead track “Give it to Me,” a catchy dance tune, was produced by the musician team Stereotypes, known for working with stars such as Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber. So, I hope his comeback will be a success! :P

• Like 2

Just wondering whether he collaborated with others in his music score for this album. Understand collaboration is common and even my favorite Kpop group, the BTS, did with some team in US for their Cypher 4. Have seen several youtube on Se7en and noted that he is rather gentle and soft spoken, which means he most likely is not hot tempered. Sincerely hope his comeback album is a SUCCESS and here's wishing him all the best and happiness.:)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 8:22 PM, Annya said:

HIs Mnet performance on Give to me song.Thanks to instauser.

Official Mnet video

Hi Annya, thanks for sharing the clips here. Se7en can still perform, I’m still a huge fan. And I love Se7en. IDK why people are criticizing & bad-mouth him - The amount of hate people throw at him is just disgusting. Enough time has passed after that scandal & I hope people will give respect to him. He is continuing his career so, give this to him. Can we stop with this already? The song is wow, love it! Gives me Bruno feels since it's produced by the Stereotypes who work closely with Bruno Mars. NICE that he's still working at doing what he loves. :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Annya said:

@willenette I am totally new to pop world although very late then others.I like his voice he has really nice soft voice which is quite melodious to ur ears.For me his first song which i listened is I am good.Some fans are always understanding compares to others.I can understand as a fan if someone talks bad abt them its hurt really bad that too if it's not true.May be those people love to spread hate or don't know how to forgive someone and give someone second chance even if they think someone is wrong.Don't worry give him love as his fan he has lovely fan support,i am sure he appreciate all of them then anything else.He has talent in him it will take time to be back ...he is slowly and steadily doing that.His new song is really catchy one, i liked it when teaser came out itself.He can be successful CEO too bringing more talent to music world which he love too.

Annya, I find Se7en's voice powerful. "I am Good" is a NICE song. It's a self-composed song. He wrote this to thank fans who have been by his side and supported him all these years. When I first heard & listened to it, it seems to me that the song is dedicated to LDH - In the song & MV Se7en pines away for that special someone, crooning that he's been sad, hurt, and lonely. Sounds like he's not so 'good'.... I'm a sucker for R&B tracks that's why, I love this. It's my cup of tea. He doesn't need to change his sound if he doesn't want to. But, NICE that he needs to take his music on another level. Oh, how I've missed so much his sweet gentle vocals!  Good to see him back. Welcome back, Se7en!  :P

• Like 1

Its good to talk to se7en fan here,i didn't knew he has 2 thread. I don't have any particular taste in music,i like all different type of music.Slow,fast,peppy jumpy,hip hop or slow emotional song.Offcourse he is softspoken person with soft voice.He can sing various genre song that's his versatility.I like his passion song too.

Here i was talking to u abt his been CEO there on his current SBS radio show appearance same topic came.:lol:

Taken from soompi article.

Then both DJs ask, “Do you have any desires to create a second generation YG company now that you’re independent?” to which Se7en carefully says, “Yes I do.” The DJs then reply, “Maybe later you’ll appear as an entertainment CEO.”  

@willenette honestly i'm not into kpop music but because i'm a big fan of LDH i started searching se7en's songs. After listening his music i'm really impressed by his voice and the way he dancec. Now i can say i am one of his fans. lol I love all his songs but my favorites are  Girlfriend and Give it to me. 

@Annya with his talent and the way he takes care of his colleagues in YG before i'm sure he will be a good and successful CEO. Hoping for his success. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arlene80 said:

@willenette honestly i'm not into kpop music but because i'm a big fan of LDH i started searching se7en's songs. After listening his music i'm really impressed by his voice and the way he dancec. Now i can say i am one of his fans. lol I love all his songs but my favorites are  Girlfriend and Give it to me. 

16 hours ago, Annya said:

Its good to talk to se7en fan here,i didn't knew he has 2 thread. I don't have any particular taste in music,i like all different type of music.Slow,fast,peppy jumpy,hip hop or slow emotional song.Offcourse he is softspoken person with soft voice.He can sing various genre song that's his versatility.I like his passion song too.

Here i was talking to u abt his been CEO there on his current SBS radio show appearance same topic came.:lol:

Taken from soompi article.

Then both DJs ask, “Do you have any desires to create a second generation YG company now that you’re independent?” to which Se7en carefully says, “Yes I do.” The DJs then reply, “Maybe later you’ll appear as an entertainment CEO.”  

@Annya with his talent and the way he takes care of his colleagues in YG before i'm sure he will be a good and successful CEO. Hoping for his success. 

Hi arlene, I love "Give it To Me", too. It's a mixed jazz and funk style song. :P

Hi Annya, ye, Se7en has another thread in K-pop (music related.....) - hahaha, which I guess we should discuss his music there. Se7en appeared on SBS’s Power FM’s “Two Man Show,” where he talked about spending 16 years at YG Entertainment and he was so thankful towards the agency. Se7en has been working with YG for about half his life. He just left YG last year & put up his own Label. He also said during the show that when he left the agency, Yang Hyun Suk (YG's President) gave him some advice. He said that he thinks he was worried about him going independent so he told him that he hoped that he would work hard and pull himself forward. He told him that there would be lots of hardships but that he'd be able to get through them well.  :P Se7en also opened up about his relationship with LDH there. He was asked if they usually go on casual dates in public, he said that as much as possible they carefully go to places without a lot of people. :D

13 hours ago, Annya said:

Just look audience cheering for him in the song.I can see and youtube there are lots of new fans joining.

SBS Inkigayo 20161016

KBS Music Bank.

Annya, thanks for sharing the clips from Music Bank. :P

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 5:49 PM, Tey Ling said:

Just wondering whether he collaborated with others in his music score for this album. Understand collaboration is common and even my favorite Kpop group, the BTS, did with some team in US for their Cypher 4. Have seen several youtube on Se7en and noted that he is rather gentle and soft spoken, which means he most likely is not hot tempered. Sincerely hope his comeback album is a SUCCESS and here's wishing him all the best and happiness.:)

Hi Tey Ling, he is indeed! Right now, I just wish he would focus more on promoting his music than talking about anything else. I can see that Se7en is truly happy. :P

*** Don't you worry, Se7en your song is really good. I could listen to it repeatedly. I don't understand why people is so hard on him. :blink:

Se7en Shares His Thoughts On The Icy Response To His Comeback

In a recent interview, artist Se7en shares his candid response to the overall cold response to his first comeback in over four years.

Se7en dropped mini album “I Am Se7en” on October 14 along with the music video for title track “Give It to Me,” and despite Se7en’s personal satisfaction with the musical quality of the album, the overall response from the general public has been quite negative and lukewarm at best.

The album has been rated poorly on online communities and music sites. On major music site MelOn, for instance, “I Am Se7en” has a rating of two stars, and the reviews section is full of malicious comments.

When asked about the public’s cold reaction to his comeback, Se7en responds, “It’s not that I didn’t expect it. I wasn’t banking on completely changing [people’s views] with my first album [in a while]. Because I expected this result to a certain extent, I think I feel less hurt by it.”

He continues, “In any case, it’s not easy to completely change [people’s views]. Now that I’ve made my first steps, I plan on slowly changing [people’s views] little by little. That’s my goal.”

Se7en prefers to see the situation optimistically, saying, “Even still, through these promotions I got to go out on talk shows and got up on stage, so although it’s just a small number of people, I feel very grateful that they are looking at me again.”

He also emphasizes his gratitude for his loyal fans. “I’m just grateful for the fact that they’re cheering me on. It’s a source of great strength for me,” Se7en says, smiling.

What are your thoughts on the public’s negative reaction to Se7en’s comeback?

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which K-Pop Star Shares Your November Birthday?

Happy birthday to all the November babies!

It’s almost the end of 2016 already!

This month celebrates the birthdays of K-pop artists BoA, T.O.P (BIGBANG), Sandara Park (2NE1), Chanyeol (EXO), Yugyeom (GOT7), Eric Nam, Jinyoung (B1A4), Jeongyeon (TWICE), and more. From the world of K-dramas we have So Ji Sub, Ku Hye Sun, Song Hye Kyo,  Moon Chae Won, and Lee Yoo Bi celebrating.

Do you share a birthday with a Korean celebrity?

(skipped unrelated.....)

11/9

Se7en - (32)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Se7en to release Japanese album

Se7en has had a busy year.

After returning with his first Korean EP “I am Se7en” in over four years in October, the singer is set to release a new Japanese album next month.

During a fan meeting held at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan on Wednesday, Se7en announced his plans for the upcoming studio album “Danger Man,” according to the artist’s management agency Eleven 9 Entertainment on Thursday.

20161110000916_0.jpg
Se7en (Eleven 9 Entertainment)

“The new album will include everything from rhythm-and-blues to dance to punk music,” he told his fans.

Following accusations of visiting a prostitute while on military duty in 2013, the 31-year-old artist recently returned to the spotlight in Japan in July with the three-track EP “Rainbow.” “Danger Man” is the singer’s first Japanese full-length album since the release of “First Se7en” in 2006.

Upon the release of the 12-track album “Danger Man” on Dec. 7, Se7en is scheduled to hold more broadcast appearances and promotional activities in Japan.

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

*** I'm proud of Se7en! He has a powerful voice. Love it! He's one of the best in K-pop. I can hardly wait for Se7en to get his well-deserved fame back. I'm sure he will succeed. :P

Se7en makes a fast return to 'Immortal Song'

Se7en

It seems Se7en wanted to prove himself as he made a speedy return to 'Immortal Song'.

SEE ALSO: Se7en discuses his fans who supported him through the difficult times

On the November 12 installment of the show, Se7en covered the oldie "Like Rain Like Music" by Kim Hyun Sik. When the panelists saw the singer walk into the waiting room, Moon Hee Jun commented, "I thought you'd be back after a month, but you're here again so soon."

The last time he performed on 'Immortal Song', Se7en surprised everyone with his trademark dance, and he commented he'll be bringing even more energy, saying, "I'll be more focused on my performance."

(Spoilers Below)

However, Se7en was unable to defeat Han Dong Geun, and Huh Gak took the final win.

source : allkpop

LINK to view the video : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/se7en-makes-a-fast-return-to-immortal-song