Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

Se7en to Hold First Fan Meet Since Being Discharged from the Military

Se7en to Hold First Fan Meet Since Being Discharged from the Military

Singer Se7en will be holding his first fan meet since his discharge from the military.

Se7en, who is currently focusing on his role as Death in the musical “Elizabeth,” will be meeting with his Japanese fans on July 7 in Tokyo with the fan meet “Thank you SE7VEN.

This event will be a response to Japanese fans who have asked for a visit and fan meets, and he will be updating his fans on the musical “Elizabeth” as well as his future plans for activities.

Not only that, but he will also have a high-touch event as well as sing, dance, and talk on stage, gearing up for Japanese activities. Tickets for his fan meet will be up for sale on May 20, and he is also reportedly preparing to meet his Korean fans in the future.

Meanwhile, Se7en revealed the poster for the fan meet over his social network media on May 17 and thanked the fans with the promise that he will prepare diligently for the fan meet.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en to hold his first Japanese fan meeting since military discharge

Se7en to hold his first Japanese fan meeting since military discharge

Se7en will be holding his first Japanese fan meeting since his discharge from the military.

He"s set to meet Japanese fans for "Thank you SE7EN" on July 7. Though he"s busy playing the role of Death in the musical "Elisabeth", Se7en is making time to thank his fans in Japan for supporting him as it"s been 2 years since he"s met up with them. 

In other news, Se7en"s fans recently sent him a coffee and snack cart to the set of his musical to cheer him on. "Elisabeth" will be playing from June 13 to September 6 in Seoul"s Hannamdong"s Blue Square Samsung Electronics Hall.

source : ohkpop

Will ‘Death’ bring rebirth to Se7en?

Se7en, a K-pop star whose fortunes seem to have faded recently, hopes to turn things around when he makes a debut in a stage musical production later this month.

Using his real name Choi Dong-wook for the first time since its debut as a singer in 2003, the 30-year-old will star in a highly anticipated rerun of “Elisabeth,” slated to open on June 13 at Blue Square in Itaewon, Seoul.

Choi’s role, Der Tod, or Death, is not a lead character, but its sexy, mysterious appeal, rock numbers and powerful dance are among the highlights of the show.

“He’s going to have a great sex appeal for the ladies in the audience. He has a great sense of his body and the way he moves. ... He’s always great on stage,” director Robert Johanson said of Choi in a teaser clip uploaded on YouTube.

Se7en as Death, or Der Tod, in musical “Elisabeth”(EMK Musical Company)

EMK Musical, the show’s local production company, said Sylvester Levay who composed scores of the musical also praised Choi after listening to a recording of him signing one of the numbers of Der Tod, saying, “Simply fantastic.”

“Elisabeth” is crucial for Choi in more ways than one.

In the early 2000s, the singer was a big shot in K-pop and the face of YG Entertainment under which he debuted. But since he enlisted to the army to do the mandatory military service and became embroiled in a widely publicized scandal over massage parlor visits, suspected as a front for adult entertainment, he has been largely absent from the K-pop limelight.

The upcoming musical is his first project since his military discharge last December and parting ways with his long-time agency YG Entertainment earlier this year.

Adding more pressure to this is that the role had been impressively played in previous productions by fellow K-pop singers Kim Jun-su of boy band JYJ and solo artist Park Hyo-shin.

Kim, in particular, received rave reviews for his part in the musical’s Korean premiere in 2012 and its 2013 rerun. It was with this role that he took home the “Best Actor” trophy in Korea’s equivalent of the Tony Award and firmly established his top-star status in the local musical field.

Park, who shared the role with Kim in 2013, has also risen significantly since then and is currently starring as the Phantom in the musical of the same name.

“It would be a lie to say I don’t feel any pressure, because such great (actors) had portrayed this role before me. But I am actually feeling excited and looking forward to it, rather than feeling anxious. I will do my best to show the audience Se7en’s own version of Der Tod,” Choi said.

An Austrian show with the book and lyrics by Michael Kunze and music by Sylvester Levay, “Elisabeth” tells the tale of an Austrian empress and her growing obsession with death as her life progresses. It will be held from June 13 to Sept. 6 at Blue Square.

Se7en’s first performance is slated for 2 p.m. on June 14.

By Lee Sun-young (milaya@heraldcorp.com)

Se7en Announces 1st Japanese Fan Meeting In 2 Years Following His Discharge From The South Korean Army

Se7en

What a difference a year makes.

On Friday, K-pop singer Se7en revealed he will be holding his first fan meeting in Japan in two years in Tokyo on July 7. Entitled Thank You SE7EN, the appearance will be the vocalist's first in the neighboring nation since completing his mandatory military service in the South Korean army back in December.

Se7en, who will reportedly make two appearances in Tokyo that day, has kept a fairly low profileicon1.png since being discharged. Yet, his time in the army was not without its share of controversy.

Se7en, along with Sangchu of the group Mighty Mouth, was forced to serve a 10-day sentence in military jail, after a camera crew from the news program "Scene 21" caught them pair entering a massageicon1.png parlor known for providing erotic servicesicon1.png after curfew, back in June. The "Scene 21" footage rocked the South Korean Defense Media Agency, eventually leading to the elimination of the PR agency's Promotional Support Brigade.

Se7en is currently preparing for his return to the stage in an 11-week run of the musical "Elizabeth," opening June 13 at Seoul's Hannamdong's Blue Square Samsung Electronicsicon1.png Hall.

On Wednesday, he took to Instagram to thank his supporters for their generous gifts while he is in rehearsals for the show.

“Thank you so much for the coffeeicon1.png and food,” Se7en wrote.

Fan Sumcia Chan replied to the singer's post with a positive message.

“Be strong and eat wellicon1.png,” she wrote on Wednesday.

Se7en booster Kimberli also added her words of support.

“You deserve it," she wrote. "You’re the best."

source : kpopstarz

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en returns with a musical

K-pop singer Se7en made a successful return to the limelight with his musical stage debut in “Elisabeth” on Sunday.

The 31-year-old singer posted a photo of himself and his fans on his Instagram on Sunday to mark his first performance. “Thank you to all the audience who watched ‘Elisabeth’ today,” he wrote under the photo. “Thanks to all the fans who cheered for my first performance. I will try my best for better shows next time.”

Se7en's Instagram

Se7en, who is using his real name, Choi Dong-wook, for the musical, plays the role of “Death,” or “Der Tod,” a famous, mysterious role that was previously played by popular K-pop star Kim Jun-su of JYJ during the show’s 2012-2013 run.

The music production is Choi’s first return to the public after his two-year-long military service, which ended last December. Also, it is his first entertainment move after parting ways with his longtime managing agency YG Entertainment -- where the singer made his debut in 2003. He is now searching for a new label.

The Austrian musical “Elisabeth,” with book and lyrics by Michael Kunze and music by Sylvester Leva, runs through Sept. 6 at the Blue Square Samsung Electronics Hall in Hannam-dong, Seoul.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

2NE1 Sandara Park and BEAST Jang Hyun Seung Support Se7en at “Elisabeth”

2NE1 Sandara Park and BEAST Jang Hyun Seung Support Se7en at “Elisabeth”

On June 17, Se7en took to Instagram to post selfies with his friends backstage at his new musical “Elisabeth.” Two of the people who came to cheer him on at the show were 2NE1‘s Sandara Park and BEAST‘s Jang Hyun Seung.

As the caption on the photo with Sandara Park, Se7en writes, “Sandara came to see the show yesterday. Thanks so much for the flowers and pudding. So delicious.”

On his photo with Jang Hyun Seung, he writes “Jang Hyun Seung came to see the show yesterday. Was Elisabeth fun? Good luck on BEAST’s new album.”

se7en jang hyun seung

Se7en is currently making his musical debut in this Korean revival of “Elisabeth” as one of three actors who are playing the role of Death. He is acting alongside huge stars in the Korean musical scene such as Ock Joo Hyun and Lee Ji Hoon. The show opened on June 13, and will be continuing until September 6.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 3 weeks later...

*** This is good news but oh, I wonder why this name, huh? Is it because of his birthday – November 9? Hahaha – it would be hilarious if it was Seven Eleven LOL – Well, if it’s a nice name for him, good. I noticed he seems to love odd numbers or is it just me? It’s always phenomenal to hear great Se7en news. Sincerely, I wish him success. I wish him all the best. I will support him forever. Such a brave act. Hope he does well. Congratulations, Se7en! :P

Se7en establishes his own entertainment company 'ELEVEN9 Entertainment'

Se7en_1436246391_af_org.jpg

Se7en's 'good news' was not exactly what netizens predicted, but something exciting nonetheless! He's started up his own entertainment company 'ELEVEN9 Entertainment'!

Se7en's side stated on July 7, "Se7en has established 'Eleven Nine Entertainment' and will speed up his activities."

Fans had been wondering which direction Se7en would go after his contract with YG Entertainment ended. He had reportedly been receiving many 'love calls' from different entertainment companies, but it seems he has decided to take his own separate path.

source : allkpop

Se7en Establishes One-Man Agency

Se7en is starting fresh with the establishment of his own one-man agency.

Eleven9 Entertainment stated on July 7, "Se7en has established Eleven9 Entertainment and will set off promotions."

Se7en Establishes One-Man Agency

Se7en has been receiving numerous love calls since his contract with former agency YG Entertainment ended earlier this year. However, he did not choose his next destination. On this, a rep from the agency stated, "This was in order to create a new nest with his staff and longtime friends who were with him since his debut in 2003.

Eleven9 has been established as Se7en′s own agency backed by an investment from SH Holdings, and both sides plan to maintain a continuous collaborative relationship and promote development.

Se7en made his debut in 2003 with Come to Me, followed by hits Passion and La La La, and has since expanded to variety and acting. He also garnered attention from fans in Asia when he made his debut in Japan in 2005, ahead of the hallyu fever.

Se7en will hold a fanmeeting, titled Thank You Se7en, at the Nagano Sunplaza in Tokyo, Japan on July 7. He will hold two fanmeetings in one day to celebrate his 10th anniversary in Japan and to express his thanks to the fans who have supported him for a long time.

source : enews

Se7en Flies Off To Tokyo For 1st Japanese Fan Meeting Since Military Discharge

Se7en

Se7en is zooming off to Tokyo, Japan for his first fan meeting in the country after coming back from military duty.

On June 6, Se7en posted an updated on Instagramicon1.png which showed him walking in an airport, presumably to ride the plane that will take him from Seoul, South Korea to the Japanese capitalicon1.png.

He wrote the caption: "Seoul -------> Tokyo"

On June 7, Se7en will then hold the fan meeting titled "Thank You SE7EN" in Nakano Sun Plaza in Tokyo. The fan meeting will consist of two separate one-hour sessionsicon1.png held in the same day, the first at 3PM and the second at 7PM.

Se7en has built a loyal fan baseicon1.png in Japan even before entering military service, so the upcoming fan meeting is highly anticipated among fans that have spent years without seeing their favorite idol live.

Japanese fans welcomed back Se7en to the country.

"Welcome 2 Tokyo, SE7EN-nim! Enjoy w/ LUCKSE-nims TMRW! My friends will be there," said the idol's Instagram followers upon learning of his flight to Tokyo.

Se7en travels to Japan after a successfulicon1.png return to the spotlight as a musical actor in the Korean stage production Elisabeth. The actor-singer plays as Der Tod, the fantasy character of Death. His friends, including former YG Entertainment friends like 2NE1's Dara, watched and showed support in his musical acting comeback.

source : kpopstarz

Se7en Sets Up His Own Entertainment Company, "Eleven9 Entertainment"

Se7en Sets Up His Own Entertainment Company,

Se7en announced that he'll be starting up his own entertainment company, called "Eleven9 Entertainment".

The news was confirmed, quite appropriately so, on July 7th (or 7-7). All that was stated was, "Se7en has established Eleven9 Entertainment and will move quickly in his scheduled activities.

credit : KBS WORLD

Se7en personally updates fans following Eleven9 Entertainment’s launch

Se7en Eleven9 Entertainment

After opting not to renew his contract with YG Entertainment following his military discharge, Se7en is revealed to be establishing his own agency. 

On July 7th, it was reported that Se7en launched his own agency Eleven9 Entertainment. Despite receiving a number of offers from other agencies following his contract expiration with YG Entertainment, Se7en is set to continue his own promotions under his agency instead.

The agency was described to have been organised to create a new place for his staff and friends who remained with the singer since his debut in 2003.

The singer further celebrated the news with his fans by updating with numerous photos and information on his personal SNS accounts.

https://igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11418994_514336528714330_1304527049_n.jpg

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11372448_945684412155489_1515613837_n.jpg

source : koreaboo

SE7EN drops a photo from the first performance he had after establishing a new agency

SE7EN revealed a new photo from the first performance that he had after establishing Eleven Nine Entertainment.

On July 7th, SE7EN uploaded a new photo on his Instagram and wrote, "se7enofficial#longtimenosee #singer #se7en #1109Ent."

The photo shows SE7EN wearing black suit and sunglasses.

He is still showing the same youthful look even though he has been on a break for quite a while, and many fans and netizens are showing explosive reactions for the post.

Meanwhile, SE7EN recently established his own management agency, called Eleven Nine Entertainment.

SE7EN drops a photo from the first performance he had after establishing a new agency

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

SE7EN to establish his own entertainment agency

SE7EN will establish his own entertainment agency.

On July 7th, a representative for SE7EN has announced, "SE7EN will establish his own entertainment agency named 'Eleven Nine Entertainment.'"

SE7EN's management contract with YG Entertainment has expired earlier this year, and a great number of people have been growing largely curious about which agency SE7EN will choose for a new contract.

The reason why SE7EN decided to establish his own agency is in order to keep all of the staffs that assisted him during last twelve years around him.

SH Holdings will be sponsoring the establishment of Eleven Nine Entertainment, and the two companies will grow their business through continuous cooperation.

Meanwhile, SE7EN is playing in musical 'ELIZABETH' as 'Death' these days, and he will release further announcements about his own agency soon.

Tonight, SE7EN will hold a fan meeting at Nakano Sun Plaza in Tokyo, and celebrate his 10th Japan debut anniversary.

SE7EN to establish his own entertainment agency

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

*** Ahhh..............this is good news! I'm excited. I can't wait to hear any news from him. FINALLY! Been waiting for this since his discharged. I can't wait for his comeback. I'll be waiting...... I hope he comes back stronger. Definitely 100% looking forward to it! I missed him so much!  All the best! :P

Se7en is back in Korea and he's prepping for his comeback!

Se7en_1436465093_af_org.jpg

Se7en is back in Korea and has officially ignited the flames for his future comeback! 

SEE ALSO: Se7en establishes his own entertainment company 'ELEVEN9 Entertainment'

After his recent message on Twitter letting his fans know that he is alive and well, the singer personally revealed how he felt about his imminent comeback through media outlet K Star

Se7en landed in Korea recently after successfully wrapping up the fan meet in Japan, and has returned to his motherland to start prepping for his comeback under his new one-man label ELEVEN9 Entertainment. When he met with reporters at Gimpo Airport this past July 8, the singer told them, "I will try my best like this is a new beginning," communicating his resolve to make nothing short of a forceful comeback. Se7en also said, "I had fun performing and meeting the fans after such a long time."

He added, "I will show you nothing but good from now on." 

Se7en_1436467352_se7en.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

[AKP Travel] Celebrity owned restaurants and cafes you need to know

(skipped unrelated.....)

VfiFN4kPKl_WnOxUvAPe5PHPLf6ZE2ZQuZdhTway

Aside from his career as a singer, Se7en has opened up a steamed Andong chicken restaurant in Hongdae. The flavor varies from mild/soy sauce to extremely spicy. Majority of the reviewers of the restaurant raved about how this isn't just another restaurant owned by a celebrity, saying that the quality is top notch compared to other Andong chicken restaurants in the area. The walls of the restaurant are filled with autographed posters and photos of YG Entertainment artists as well as various other top celebrities, a priceless interior decoration if you ask me.

10 Celebrity Couples That Broke Up Recently

Relationships come and go, sometimes with ease, other times with a hard breakup. While the circumstances might not be clear, here are some of the most recent Korean Celebrity breakups.

It’s always exciting to find love, and for celebrities it becomes an occasion of public celebration should they choose to publicly announce their relationship. However, it becomes equally hard for them when they choose to let each other go because such knowledge becomes public as well. Check out our list of the 10 Celebrity Couples That Broke Up Recently

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Se7en & Park Han Byul

Park Han Byul and Se7en had dated since high school and made their relation ship known in 2009. They decided to go their separate ways after 12 years of dating.

item_73749_1280px_1a1496e670244483bb10a5

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en and G-Dragon show they are still the best of friends in SNS update

Se7en's Instagram

Former YG Entertainment artist Se7en showed off his ongoing warm friendship with BIGBANG‘s leader and member G-Dragon as he wished him a happy birthday.

On August 18th, Se7en uploaded an old photo of himself with his dongsaeng as they smiled at the camera, uploading the photo to his Instagram to wish G-Dragon a happy birthday, writing, “My dongsaeng, happy birthday G-Dragon, I love you.”

While the photo is not a current one, both of their handsome features are undeniable.

Once in YG Family, always a YG Family~

Se7en and YG Entertainment parted ways earlier this year when they decided not to renew a contract with one another, and since then, he has founded his own agency called ELEVEN9 Entertainment.

Source: Dispatch / koreaboo

• 2 weeks later...

Se7en shows you how to open a wine bottle like a boss

Se7en's Instagram / ELEVEN9

Sure, you can open a wine bottle like everyone else by using a corkscrew. Or do it this awesome way like this guy did.

On August 31st, Se7en updated his Instagram account with a short video revealing an acquaintance opening a wine bottle using a shoe and a wall!

Putting the wine bottle in the shoe and then slamming it repeatedly on the wall, the pressure built inside the bottle pushes the cork upwards allowing the man to pull at it and open the wine bottle. Goodbye corkscrews!

Se7en uses several hashtags on this post, one of which reads #DoNotAttempt.

LINK to view the video : http://www.koreaboo.com/video/se7en-shows-open-wine-bottle-like-boss/

*** I hope we could get to hear the exact dates next month..... :P

Se7en to go on Japanese concert tour next month

67900-355301-409x597.jpegSe7en

Singer Se7en is set to go on a 5-city concert tour to mark his 10th year anniversary in Japan, where he will be meeting fans in Nagoya, Kobe, Osaka, Fukuoka, and Tokyo.

Se7en debuted in Japan back in February 2005 with the single ‘Light,’ and he hopes to thank his Japanese fans for their love and support all these years through his upcoming concert tour.

The singer held a fan meeting in Tokyo in July recently, where he interacted with his Japanese fans after a two year absence because of his national service in the Korean army.

Se7en recently starred in his first musical ‘Elisabeth’ which ended its run yesterday (September 6th).

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

• 1 month later...

*** Good luck to Se7en in whatever he does. :P

Se7en confirms an additional date for his tenth anniversary tour in Japan

Se7en_1444750461_af_org.jpg

Se7en has confirmed an additional date for his tenth anniversary tour in Japan! 

The singer's agency, ELEVEN9, revealed on October 13, "We have added on another tour date for Se7en's last scheduled performance in Tokyo. Beginning at the end of September we started selling advance tickets to members of [Se7en's] Japanese fan club but due to their enthusiastic demand, we decided to add another date in Tokyo for November 9."

This tour is made even more special by the fact that it is Se7en's tenth anniversary since his debut in Japan and is meant for all the local Japanese fans who have cheered him on through his ups and downs. 

Se7en relayed, "I want to deliver a word of thanks to the Japanese fans who show me ardent love. I will try my utmost best to put on a performance that won't disappoint you. Please keep up your expectations for and support me even when I'm in Korea."