Se7en (세븐) Aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱)

Guest Aiensya

class="single__title entry-title"Japanese fans celebrate Se7en’s 10th debut anniversary in Japan

Se7en 10th anniversary in Japan 2015

Korean male singer Se7en hits an amazing milestone in Japan as he and his Japanese fans celebrate his 10th debut anniversary in the country. 

To celebrate this decade milestone, Japanese fans arranged ads for Se7en to be published on semis and buses in the country with the jacket photo and debut single posted. To this, Se7en gave his sincere thanks to fans on his SNS accounts, writing, “#SE7EN_JPDebut10thAnniversary #Hikari #thankUalways #ThankYouForYourSupport.”

Se7en released his Japanese debut single “Hikari” on February 23, 2005, and while the single did not top the Oricon Charts in its TOP10, still made a relative dent in the TOP30 spot. “Hikari” showed off Se7en’s boyish charms along to a simple but addictive beat with the music video sharing his smooth dance moves.

source : koreaboo

class="content-title"Se7en and YG Part Ways as Contract Is Not Renewed

Se7en and YG Part Ways as Contract Is Not Renewed

Singer Se7en and YG Entertainment will be ultimately parting ways.

Media outlets reported on February 25 that YG has not renewed their contract with the singer after he was discharged from his mandatory military service.

Previously, Se7en was discharged from the military in December of 2014. YG was reported to have helped with his discharge ceremony and press conference, despite their contract being expired. Their contract expired in April of 2013, while Se7en was serving duty.

According to news outlets, Se7en and YG met at the beginning of this year to discuss renewing their contract. Although they were on good terms, it seems that they decided to not extend their contract for the benefit of both parties.

Formerly, Se7en was involved in a controversy where he was found visiting a massage parlor while being on duty.

credit : soompi news

***This news somehow breaks my heart.  Even thought he is not in YG anymore, I believe he will still be doing well. Now, I’m curious which label will he join with. IDK whether Se7en was the one who decided not to renew his contract with YG or the other way around. If Se7en did, at least he concluded his contract with peace. I guess it’s time for him now to move to another agency. I feel that YG has been neglecting Se7en for past years before his MS or is it just me? YG has focused on so many boygroups too much. I hope YG and YG artists treasure him. I will miss him in the YG family though...Anyway, good luck Se7en! :)

class="content-title"Se7en Thanks YG Family Following News of Departure from Agency

Se7en Thanks YG Family Following News of Departure from Agency

It looks like the good relationship between YG Entertainment and its former artist Se7en continues.

It was reported earlier that singer Se7en and YG Entertainment ultimately parted ways, deciding not to renew a contract with each other. Se7en debuted in 2003 under YG’s label and his most recent contract with the company ended April of 2013, while he was serving in the military. According to Korean news outlets, Se7en and YG met at the beginning of this year to discuss renewing their contract. In the end, each decided not to extend their contract for the benefit of both parties.

A few hours after the news broke out over the Korean media, Se7en took to his personal Twitter account to thank the YG family, adding “I’ll never forget” and the hashtags “#remember,” “#forever,” “#love,” and “YGfamily.” He also included a picture from YG’s 15th anniversary “family” concert that included its 2011 roster of artists- BIGBANG, Tablo, Gummy, PSY, JinuSean, 2NE1, and Se7en.

Soompi Se7en Thanks YG Family Following

Most recently, G-Dragon uploaded an old picture onto his personal Instagram account showing BIGBANG and Se7en behind the stage, making funny faces for the camera. It looks like the bond is still strong between the Se7en and his former agency and labelmates!

Soompi G-dragon Bigbang se7en

*** Despite his controversy inside the camp, I never doubted Se7en. I feel he had done so much for YG, too. At least, it’s ending on good terms. I will miss TOP-Se7en bromance. Se7en will always be his hyung no matter what. I just feel sad. Fighting, Se7en! I will always support you!  :)]

*** Se7en deserved more. ;))

Se7en and YG Entertainment Part Ways

20130629_seoulbeats_seven_se7en

20120211_seoulbeats_se7en2a

After a period of uncertainty about the relationship between Se7en and his company YG Entertainment, the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Se7en’s contract with YG ended during his time in the military, and the singer has chosen not to renew his contract. Unlike other recent stories of idols and companies separating, however, this case is free from drama.

Even though Se7en’s contract had expired before he was discharged from military service, YG reached out to him almost immediately after his discharge in December 2014, assisting him in coordinating press events and other matters. This fueled rumors that Se7en would be signing a new contract, but this hopeful sign proved to be misleading. Both sides have agreed that a contract renewal with YG would not be the best way to help restart the singer’s career after his long absence.

Se7en’s image issues also loom heavily in the background of this decision. After he was discovered violating military codes and visiting a massage parlor (the kind which is known to offer more than just friendly massages) in 2013, a scandal broke out that cast him in a decidedly negative light. Although it is now 2015, the reality is that the damage the scandal inflicted upon his reputation is probably not gone. While YG has had its share of scandals in the past, it isn’t too much of a stretch to say that Se7en’s tarnished image could have played at least a small role in the choice not to renew his contract.

20130320_Se7en_military

In addition, YG’s CEO Yang Hyun-suk recently announced a busy spring season for his company’s artists, and with Big BangWINNER, and iKon taking precedence in the coming months, it is unlikely that YG would be able to provide adequate resources to jump start Se7en’s career in the near future. This lack of resources is, predictably, being cited as the main reason for the parting. The decision not to sign with YG could be an indication of Se7en’s desire to return back to promotions soon, and it will be interesting to see which company might pick him up now that he is a free agent.

As for now, the singer and his former agency are reported to have an amicable and supportive relationship, and ties are bound to remain between the two even if their legal connections no longer exist (at least until Se7en signs a contract with another agency).

Readers, are you sad to see Se7en leaving YG? Do you think it will be better for him to find another company that can focus its energies on him in the present, or should he have stuck with his old agency? Does his decision make you hopeful for a comeback in the near future? Let’s discuss down below in the comments!

(TenAsia, Images via YG Entertainment and Star News)/ seoulbeats

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"G-Dragon expresses earnest gratitude towards SE7EN

10958808_809720762429524_507824639_n%2B%

G-Dragon expresses his silent gratitude towards SE7EN through a group photo of Big Bang.

Following the news of SE7EN parting ways with YG by not renewing his contract, G-Dragon posts a polaroid picture of Big Bang with SE7EN through his instagram account to remind him of the great memories they've shared since he was 13 years old.

For Big Bang members, SE7EN is not only a sunbae they look up to but a mentor and brother who has helped them a lot in and out of the industry for a very long time.

source : dailykpopnews

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"Se7en and YG Entertainment revealed to not renew their contract together

25020529_2015022513514515294-540x303.jpg

Se7en and YG Entertainment say farwell to each other as both sides decided to not renew their contract together.

According to various reports on February 25th, Se7en and YG Entertainment decided that they won't be renewing their contract. They have been discussing about the matter over the past months ever since Se7en's military discharge in December of 2014, and they agreed that not renewing the contract would be the best option to both sides.

An official said,"As Se7en is current without an agency, it seems YG is looking after him after his military discharge. Since they are not his agency anymore, they won't be able to do it openly, so it seems they are helping him from the back".

About Se7en's future activities, a rep stated,"He has been on vacations and getting a lot of rest. Because he has been through a lot recently, I think he needs to rest a little more. He still has no plans to find another agency".

source : dailykpopnews

class="single__title entry-title"Sports Donga discusses the reason behind Se7en’s departure from YG Entertainment

Se7en

After being discharged from the military, much attention fell to Se7en and YG Entertainment‘s possible contract renewal. However, as the two sides announced their mutual decision to not renew, Sports Donga discussed the possible reasons behind it.

After being discharged from the military, much attention fell to Se7en and YG Entertainment‘s possible contract renewal. However, as the two sides announced their mutual decision to not renew, Sports Donga discussed the possible reasons behind it.

According to multiple entertainment employees, Se7en has been enjoying time off after his time in the army and met with YG Entertainment prior to the the Lunar New Year holidays. After much discussion, both parties were reassured of the fact that they genuinely cared for each other, yet, thought that forgoing the renewal of the contract would be the best decision.

For 2015, YG Entertainment announced plans multiple comebacks for their artists in store as well as plans to give maximum support and opportunities for their rookie group, WINNER. The agency is also extremely busy with iKON‘s debut and CL‘s American debut, while surprise comebacks or projects from other numerous artists are also definite possibilities.

This meant that the agency would not realistically be able to care for Se7en’s comeback. Se7en was aware of the situation and did not wish to pressure the agency nor did YG wish for Se7en to wait on their schedule. Meanwhile, Se7en plans to further enjoy his long-awaited rest without rushing into the music industry. The singer is to make his comeback and work with an individual or a party who possess great synergy along with him.

Meanwhile, although YG Entertainment and Se7en are to walk separate paths after 10 years of long friendship, the agency supports his current and future decisions.

Source: Sports Donga / koreaboo

• 4 weeks later...

class="content-title"Se7en Celebrates 12th Year Anniversary Since Debut, Hints at Possible Comeback?

Se7en Celebrates 12th Year Anniversary Since Debut, Hints at Possible Comeback?

Solo artist Se7en celebrated his 12th year anniversary since debut on March 22 with a message to his fans.

The artist posted an image of his first album cover on his Instagram account, with a message that read, “#Se7en_Debut12thAnniversary #ThankU #Cheers #Thank You I’ll have good news for you soon. #new7 #comingsoon.”

His fans are speculating that Se7en is preparing for a comeback. He is currently not with an agency, however, as he did not re-sign with YG Entertainment after their contract expired.

Se7en was discharged from his military service on December 28 of last year.

The soloist debuted in 2003 on March 22.

*** Please comeback with a great song so people would forget the past. Make a difference - It wouldn't work if it would be the same type of singing, music and moves. I'm still sad & feel bad of the fact that he is no longer with YG. Can’t wait for your comeback. But, please sign with an agency first. Good luck to you, Se7en. :)>-

Is Se7en gearing up for a comeback soon?

http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/2015/03/af_org/Se7en_1427071123_af_org.jpg

Se7en might be gearing up for a comeback soon!

He posted a photo of his debut album 'Just Listen' onto his Instagram and wrote, "#SE7EN_Debut12thAnniversary #thankU #Support #ThankYou I'll give you #GoodNews soon #new7 #cominsoon."

SEE ALSO: Se7en and YG Entertainment reportedly decide not to renew their contract

His message and tags make it sound like he's gearing up for a comeback soon. As he's no longer with YG Entertainment and there hasn't been news about his signing with another label, fans are curious to see what he'll do next.

source : allkpop

• 4 weeks later...

class="content-title"Se7en to Kick Off Official Promotions Since Military Discharge with His First-Ever Musical

Se7en to Kick Off Official Promotions Since Military Discharge with His First-Ever Musical

It has been reported that singer Se7en will be making his return to the public eye and kicking off his first official activity since his discharge from the military with his first-ever musical.

Se7en was recently cast as the role of “Der Tod (Death)” in the popular musical “Elisabeth,” which is scheduled to premiere this coming June 13 at Samsung Card Hall located in Blue Square.

The musical tells the story of “Elisabeth,” the Empress of Austria, through the lens of her obsession with “Death,” as her marriage and empire crumble at the turn of the century.

When the musical originally premiered in Korea in 2012, it recorded number one in presale numbers for 10 consecutive weeks, and also took first place in ticket sales for the first quarter of the year. Since its premiere, the musical has opened up 120 shows for a total of 150,000 audience members.

With the return of “Elisabeth” for the first time in two years, Ock Joo Hyun, Shin Sung Rok, Se7en, Jeon Dong Suk, and more will be gracing the stage.

On trying his hand at his first musical, Se7en expressed, “I’m excited and looking forward to standing on my first musical stage. I will show the most dynamic character of ‘Death’ thus far.”

musical elisabeth

Source (1) / soompi news

*** I'm very very happy reading this news – although it’s a musical stage. Choi Dong Wook, love it, too! I’m so happy for him. I am proud that he's picked himself back up. I wish him luck in this play. :))

Se7en to resume his activities, making musical debut under real name, Choi Dong Wook, in 'Elisabeth'

http://static1.allkpop.com/upload/2015/04/af_org/Se7en_1429064287_af_org.jpg

Se7en was one of the most popular solo singers in the early 2000s, but he's been out of the spotlight for a little while. He also faced controversy with his massage parlor incident during military service. This naturally has left the public wondering whether and when he'll be resuming his celebrity activities again, especially since his contract with YG Entertainment had also come to an end.
It turns out, he's finally making his comeback onto the entertainment scene, as he previously hinted! But he's not gearing up for a comeback as an artist, but revamping himself as a musical actor and by going with his legal name Choi Dong Wook.

On April 15, EMK Musical Company announced that Se7en (Choi Dong Wook) had been cast as in the musical 'Elisabeth' set to begin its run on June 13. Se7en will play the character of Der Tod, the fantasy character of death. 

Director Robert Yohanssen only had praises for Se7en, as he said, "Not only did he sing and dance in the audition, but he prepared for the character from head to toe. He perfectly understood and performed all of the staff's requests during the audition. He showed his amazing passion for the production with his innate charm and sincerity. He was already the most suited for the role of death."

Se7en said, "I'm nervous and anticipating it since it will be my first time in a musical. I will show the most dynamic character of death."

The past productions of 'Elisabeth' have proven to be immensely popular, so it seems Se7en definitely chose the right work to make his musical debut!

SEE ALSO: Is Se7en gearing up for a comeback soon?

Are you excited for Se7en (Choi Dong Wook)'s debut as a musical star, or would you prefer that he make his comeback as a singer?

April 16, 2015

Seven plays Death in musical

16081855.jpg

Singer-dancer Seven has chosen the musical “Elisabeth” as his first work since being discharged from the military in December.

The 30-year-old musician will replace Kim Jun-su, a member of K-pop trio JYJ, to play the role of Death in the show at the Blue Square in Hannam-dong, central Seoul, on June 13.

According to Robert Johanson, the director of “Elisabeth,” Seven not only showed great singing and dancing skills, but also dressed up very appropriately to act as the character during the audition.

EMK Musical Company, the producer of the show, said through a press release that Johanson felt Seven was already the character Death when he came to the audition.

“Elisabeth” is the first musical performance that Seven will be taking part since his debut in 2003.

His comeback is drawing attention as it is his first gig since he parted ways with YG Entertainment, the talent agency he was signed up to for the past 10 years.

The musical will be the first time for Seven to perform almost two years after his 10th anniversary concert on Oct. 3, 2013. By Jin Min-ji

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** Se7en looks different in the picture that's why, I hardly recognized him..... :)>-

class="content-title"Se7en Reunites with Jinusean, Congratulates Them on Their Comeback

Se7en Reunites with Jinusean, Congratulates Them on Their Comeback

Singer Se7en proves that parting ways with YG Entertainment doesn’t mean parting ways with YG family.

On April 19, Se7en uploaded onto his Instagram a photo of himself with Jinusean, his sunbaes from former management agency YG Entertainment.

In the photo, Se7en stands in the middle between Jinu and Sean with his arms around their shoulders.

Se7en celebrates Jinusean’s recent comeback after their 11 year hiatus. “Congratulations Jinusean hyungs on your comeback!!!” he writes, adding the hashtags #Jinusean, #Se7en, #Jinuseanven (a combination of Jinusean and Se7en), #Comeback, #TellMeOneMoreTime, and #YGfam.

Meanwhile, Se7en will be making his first comeback since his military discharge with “Elisabeth,” his first musical ever.

Source (1) / soompi news

***  I hope people would let him do what he wants.  I'm sure Se7en is not a bad person in real life. I'm sure he is a decent guy. So, whatever they say, or a trip to a massage parlor is not going to make me stop being his fan. I believe Se7en has something to offer to the world. I hope things works out for him. This man is incredibly determined & I'm proud of him! :)>-

Se7en sets-up his own one-man-agency

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.sg/2015/04/se7en-sets-up-his-own-one-man-agency.html

class="titleNews" Musical ′Elisabeth′ Highlights Se7en as Death in Teaser Video

Returning to the spotlight, Se7en was unveiled as Death in a recently released Elisabeth teaser.

[Video] Musical ′Elisabeth′ Highlights Se7en as Death in Teaser Video

On April 23, EMK Musical Company revealed a new teaser video for the upcoming musical Elisabeth. The teaser video focused on the character, Death, which will be performed by Se7en.

In the teaser video, Robert Johanson, the director of Elisabeth and Kim Moon Jeong, the music director, both praised Se7en for his singing abilities and presence on stage.

The 2015 Elisabeth musical will begin June 13 at the Bluequare Samsung Hall and will star Se7en, Ock Joo Hyun, Jo Jung Eun, Shin Sung Rok, and more.

Photo Credit: EMK Musicaol / enews

*** I hope he does a good job because this is his first musical & I miss Se7en so badly! I'm going to enjoy all his songs on this musical INDEED! I'm SO EXCITED! I'm excited to hear more from him. I am really anticipating this musical because Seven has an amazing & powerful voice. He still has a lot to show. Fighting Se7en!  :)>-

Musical 'Elisabeth' releases its first teaser featuring Se7en (Choi Dong Wook) and his powerful voice

We always remember Se7en (Choi Dong Wook) as a great performer from his past hit dance tracks, but he is here to remind us once again, just how powerful his vocal skills are through this new teaser!

Upcoming musical 'Elisabeth' just released their first teaser for Se7en, who will play Der Tod, the character of Death. 

In the teaser video, director Robert Johanson starts off by complimenting him by saying, "He's going to have great sex appeal for all the ladies in the audience," and music director Kim Moon Jeong says, "He's mysterious and gives off the feeling that he's hiding a secret."

And that's when Se7en starts belting out his beautiful voice, even hitting a high and elongated note for an amazing musical number!

SEE ALSO: Se7en to resume his activities, making musical debut under real name, Choi Dong Wook, in 'Elisabeth'

Check it out for yourself in the video above!

class="at_title"Se7en Reportedly Starts One-Man Agency To Promote His Own Activities

SE7EN Loving Tour Taiwan Press Conference

(Photo : Sana Chan) Se7en Elisabeth

Se7en (Choi Dong Wook) is striking out on his own by creating a one-man agency which will promote himself, reports Koreaboo.

The idol-actor is said to have turned down offersicon1.png from other companies following his departure from longtime label YG Entertainment earlier this year.

Se7en's first activityicon1.png under his own managementicon1.png will be a musical acting role as Der Tod, or Death, for the upcoming adaptation of the German-language musicalicon1.png Elisabeth.

Ever since unveiling the musical gig as his post-YG comeback activity, Se7en has been updatingicon1.png fans on his official Insatagram accounticon1.png.

One photo he uploaded on Insatagram showed him wearing Der Tod's dramaticicon1.png costume and sporting black hairicon1.png with streaks of white. Another photo showed him wearing a more modern outfit with a leather jacket and a low-neckline shirt.

A few other photos gave a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes action as he shot for his promo teasers for the musical.

Elisabeth will begin its run on June 13 at Blue Square in Samsung Electronics Hall in South Korea, according to Koreaboo.Se7en also shared the other possible dates in which fans can see his musical performance starting from mid-June through to the first week of July.
While Se7en has left YG Entertainment, he continues to be friends with his former label mates. Just 5 days ago, he was seen taking a chummy photo with Jinusean, a YG group that is making their comeback after more than a decade. In the reposted Instagram photo below, Se7en is smushed in between and clasping the shoulders of the Jinusean duo while wearing a casual cool get-up.

source : kpopstarz

Guest halves in unison
Our charming Prince from Goong S / Prince Hours
*~* Se7en (세븐) aka Choi Dong Wook (최동욱) *~*

Credit to : AsianFanatics Gallery

Stage Name : Se7en (세븐)
Hangul Name : 崔東昱
Date Of Birth : 9 November 1984
Official Site : http://www.hello7.co.kr/
Official Japanese Site : http://www.hello7.jp/
Debut on : 2003
Management Agency : YG Entertainment
Acting Career :
Se7en officially accepted the lead role for the Korean drama "Goong S", which is a spinoff of another popular drama called "Goong". Filming began on November 24, 2006, and the show will be aired on MBC in 10th of January 2007. This marks Se7en's debut into the Asian film industry.
image image
Writing: [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Reading :[X]

class="content-title"YG Clarifies Why They Did Not Renew Se7en’s Contract

YG Clarifies Why They Did Not Renew Se7en’s Contract

YG Entertainment‘s CEO Yang Hyun Suk revealed the reason why the company parted ways with Se7en.

On April 26, Yang Hyun Suk spoke with the media after the “Big Bang 2015 World Tour ‘Made’ in Seoul.”

Se7en attended the show as well as 2NE1′s CL and Minzy. In particular, Se7en attended and showed his support for his former labelmates Big Bang, even after leaving the agency.

Yang Hyun Suk said, “Actually, Se7en’s contract with YG had ended before he left for the military. Before he left, we had already established that he would not re-sign with YG. It wasn’t that we didn’t have affection for Se7en, but since we were with him for so long, there was a limit for us and we couldn’t provide him with new music. For the same reason, we let Gummy go as well.”

He added, “We thought it would be better for him to be with another agency after his military service in order to make new music. It’s possible to misunderstand since the controversy occurred, but the reason why Se7en is here today at the Big Bang concert is because what I’m saying is true.”

Meanwhile, Se7en was swept up in a controversy when he was caught leaving grounds without permission and entering a massage parlor. Afterwards, he was sentenced to 10 days in military jail and was discharged from the military on December 28.

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

The 10 K-Pop Acts that Need to Make a Comeback Right Now

The comeback just about every single K-pop fan in the world was on tenterhooks for has finally happened – after three years of waiting, BIGBANG has finally dropped new material. It is unquestionably great, but boy did they keep us waiting!

Also making a recent musical return is BoA, whose new release is her first since 2012.

But BIGBANG and BoA are not the only K-pop acts that have tortured us with their absence of late. So join us now as we take a tour through a world of acts that most urgently need to release new music – before we lose our minds!

Se7en

Se7en

Much water has passed under the bridge since Se7en enlisted for his compulsory military service in March 2013. Once one of the biggest artists on the K-pop scene, the solo star has since become something of a periphery figure. The singer, who once stood toe-to-toe with Rain as arguably the biggest male solo star in K-pop, lost a lot of momentum as a result of an illicit visit to an “adult” massage parlor in 2013, which quickly turned into a major scandal.

Things just got worse for Se7en in the wake of this impropriety. He broke up with his girlfriend, the actress Park Han Byul, after a 12-year relationship. Then, following his discharge, it was announced that talent agency YG Entertainment would not be renewing his contract.

Se7en has since announced that he will launch his own entertainment company and self-promote his work. The word on the street is that he still remains on good terms with the folks at YG. He has already signed up to take part in the musical production of “Elisabeth,” but all is still quiet on the comeback front, and he has not released anything since February 2012.

se7en

With so much time having passed since his last album release, with the scandal still fresh in many fans’s minds and – crucially – without the backing of YG, much will be riding on Se7en’s next comeback, assuming that it actually comes to pass. It’s worth remembering that he is capable of tracks such as this:

But with Rain still AWOL from the music scene, K-pop is still without a male solo champion, hence the current slew of idol group solo releases. Legions of female fans would surely welcome Se7en’s return, but he will need to make his comeback sooner rather than later. Three years plus is a very long time in the world of music.

(skipped unrelated.....)