Show Me Your Creations! :D

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

000000000.jpg?format=300w

EastNewVeg.jpg?format=750w

Hana01.jpg?format=750w

MHP.jpg?format=500w

Mira.jpg?format=500w

My work centers around the theme of my missing mother.  Mira went missing when I was 12 years old and as I got older I have uncovered more and more information of what has happened to her and my family.  My work is an exploration of the “missing person” playing upon different possibilities and circumstances using Mira’s face as a recurring icon as well as my family members.  I work in a variety of mediums including oils, printmaking, and mixed media as I’m exploring and learning about my mother, in parallel I am constantly exploring new methods with new mediums. Drawing from old photographs, and memories, the faces start to look ghostly, faded and range from realistic to abstracted.  The photographs I have of her help me see her face and features clearly enough to help me learn about her and myself through analysis, however my actual memories of her are slippery and hard to grasp on to which comes across in my work through the specific, and the unspecific.  Coming from a traditional Korean household I integrate a lot of my culture into my work playing upon the cross-culture of America and Korea.  As much as this is in a sense a search for my mother, it is also a message for her--to let her know that I care.  

http://www.laurenhanachai.com

INSTAGRAM @laurenhanachai

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is so wonderful that Soompi allows us to show some of our work here and share it with members.  I love Arts and Crafts, especially anything 'recycles' project.

All my crafts items are repurposed :  Over 80% of the materials used for the items are mostly from unusable (trash) items.

Project3New Project1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, really coolest staff. I am just amazed to see all your creatures.  Hello Community, This is Kashfiya Rafa, newbie here. 
I am just join this community in terms of learn something special about crafting. 
This will be great if I learn something before this Valentines day and gift something to my Blogger friend "Gustavo Woltmann" who suggest me this coolest forum to learn crafting staff.
Please welcome me.

Have a nice day. smile.png

Welcome, @Kashfiya Rafa!  I didn't start this thread and I am also new here.  This forum (SOOMPI)  has lots of post on other subjects, but this particular thread (show me your creation) is not active.

I just made a notebook from scratch and made the front cover with polymer clay. But because of no activity in this thread, I didn't upload the photos of my new repurposed project. :( I hope more people finds this thread. Anyway, glad to see new person interested in Crafting.

Archived