Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

Guest Happy_Day

He's so hot, I love him~~~~~ Pics don't do him justice, really. He has so much charisma on the screen, and pics don't really show that.

• 2 weeks later...

Following info taken from Soompi's "Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕" Drama Thread.

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=6532

[Queen Seon-deok] Kim Nam-gil as Bi-dam, "Bi-dam with both good and evil sides is perfect for me"

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/photo/200905191015211_2.JPG

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/photo/200905191015211.JPG

-His handsome features befit that of a Hwa-rang member!

-Posters of six characters from the drama are being advertised on the sides of buses; much attention is also given to Kim Nam-gil

Kim Nam-gil has shown various sides in his past projects, which include movies [Portrait of a Beauty] and [Hand Phone]. [Queen Seon-deok] is his return to the small screen after a 2-year hiatus. In the upcoming special drama [Queen Seon-deok] that celebrates MBC's 48th anniversary (script by Kim Young-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon, directed by Park Hong-gyun and Kim Geun-hong), Kim Nam-gil is Mi-shil's (Go Hyeong-jeong) secret son Bi-dam who eventually leads the "Rebellion of Bi-dam."

The character Bi-dam will go from good to evil, from one end of the spectrum to the extreme other end. Kim is currently immersed in the study of his character.

This is Kim's second stab at the historical period piece genre, and this time he is an antagonist. Compared to other actors his age, he has always drawn attention for choosing roles that are distinct and different. When asked why he chose to take on the role of Bi-dam, he replied, "I was really attracted to this character because he gradually transforms from good to evil. As it is with Kim Yu-shin and Kim Chun-chu, this is the first time a drama is attempting to bring the historical character Bi-dam to life, and so I'm excited to create him as my own."

To take on this role, he revisited horseback riding, and instead of just resorting to sword fighting or archery as is typical in a historical period piece, he held many discussions with the director in order to set himself aside, showing just how passionate he is.

When Kim Nam-gil showed up for the poster shoot dressed up as Bi-dam, the staff was blown away by how perfect he was as Bi-dam. Standing tall at 185cm and with a well-toned body, and on top of that very handsome features, he seemed to be the perfect Hwa-rang member. On top of that, he also gave off a sexy aura, much to the delight of the female staff members. With the disclosure of his individual posters and his inclusion in the group poster, interest towards him is expected to rise.

In reply to how he feels to be acting alongside three beautiful women - Go Hyeon-jeong, Lee Yo-won and Park Ye-jin - he replied, "It's exciting to be in a field of flowers after only working with men. Even the summer heat can't bother me now."

Kim and Eom Tae-woong are so close that Kim made a special guest appearance in the movie [Hand Phone]. "In the movie, he beat me up quite one-sidedly, but thank goodness that won't be happening in the drama. I'm so glad to be acting opposite Tae-woong since we're good friends." To Eom directly he said, "Let's always be close friends, but please, go easy on me next time. It really hurt."

The character Bi-dam in [Queen Seon-deok] is originally a good guy, someone who grows up to be a good and brave member of the Hwa-rang despite the sad back story of his birth. Yet, due to his surrounding environment, he begins to change as his hidden desires begin to come out, and he becomes enemies with Kim Yu-shin (Eom Tae-woong). Kim Nam-gil has always been successful in taking on new and different roles thanks to his good looks and his solid acting skills. His characterization of Bi-dam will soon be seen when [Queen Seon-deok] airs.

First airs: May 25, 2009

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/photo/20090519192771.JPG

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/photo/200905191015211_4.JPG

Scriptwriter Park Sang-yeon say's Kim Nam-gil is the secret weapon Yu Seung -Ho is the final weapon

http://i42.tinypic.com/r7pugg.jpg

- After penning [Joint Security Area JSA] [May 18th], scriptwriter Park Sang-yeon collaborated on drama [H.I.T.] with scriptwriter Kim Young-hyeon

- Expect strong masculine details to this tale of kings (and queens) and the characters

Writers Park Sang-yeon and Kim Young-hyeon are such perfect partners that they plan to split the responsibility of writing [Queen Seon-deok] 50 to 50. On the official website's discussion board (http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/seonduk/note/index.html?list_id=1041961), Park wrote detailed explanations behind each character of the drama.

Since Kim Young-hyeon pointed out the things to watch out for in this drama, Park took the chance to give details on each character.

Park's previous works include penning both the original novel and the screenplay for [Joint Security Area JSA] and the screenplay for [May 18th]. His skillful storytelling has been praised for his innate ability to encompass both a general scope as well as intricate detailing.

[Queen Seon-deok] is the second collaboration with Kim following [H.I.T.], and the two writers are now well in sync. In Park's introductory words, he took the time to explain the important characters in layman's terms.

In the production staff's discussion board on the official website, he began with "This is scriptwriter Park Sang-yeon of [Queen Seon-deok]." He continued to write, "After spending the past year existing only in the minds of us writers or as possibilities in discussions and meetings, the characters Deok-man, Mi-shil, Yu-shin, Cheon-myeong and others are finally taking their first step into the real world and coming to life."

Regarding the leading lady Lee Yo-won (Queen Seon-deok), Park said, "Hidden within her calm and composed image was Yo-won's rough and strong side, and that was a big factor for us." He also hinted, "In the end, Deok-man will take from Mi-shil everything but Mi-shil herself."

As for Go Hyeon-jong (Mi-shil), he commented, "Hyeon-jeong has become fiercer and stronger after taking on the role. [...] Yet Mi-shil is a sad and pathetic character because she is the most female out of all our characters," and expressed his pity and affection for the character.

Park took particular interest in Bi-dam (played by Kim Nam-gil), Go Hyeon-jong's son, and defined him as the drama's special weapon. He reasoned, "He is the most complicated character of the entire series who undergoes the most extreme change."

And he went on to say that the drama's final weapon was Kim Chun-chu, to be acted by Yu Seung-ho, the adorable younger brother to women everywhere. "If Bi-dam is a character that nurtures both good and evil within, Chun-chu may be the character who has transcended beyond good and evil." He praised Yu Seung-ho heavily, saying "There is no one better fit for this role than Yu Seung-ho." He also stirred up our anticipation by stating that we'll be able to see Seung-ho's fierce and scary side for the first time through this drama.

Park ended with the final words, "I may seem confident but in fact am wrought with worries and fear. [...] No matter what happens during the 6 months of airing, we will trust one another and always do our best."

[Queen Seon-deok] will debut on May 25th (Monday).

mbc.24tv.com

• 1 month later...
Guest chubbygirl1

aw..droolllzzzzz....he iss sOOO hot...soo manlyyy..

I am waiting for him to appear in Queen Sodok..takess foreverrr..

Kim Nam Gil...i repeat one more time.. You are soo Hottt...droollzz.

Thanks for all the pics. Though he's still cute and all, I do mind the mustache. I just don't have a thing for mustache. smile.gif

I don't mind the moustache with the additional beard.....i think is sezyyyy..

hmmm...make me like him 10 more times. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest chubbygirl1

thanks huangsy, tiki_sg for the pictures...he is sooo sezyyy... :rolleyes:

Finally, het gets to be on QS...is been for everrrrr..^^^but eww, he looks terrible in these pictures..What happen!1

dont you guys think he look kinda like Alcheon..omg..they both hottiess...drooozzllss.

hey tiki_sg...what are you doing at KNG thread...haha...he's hot huh?lol...so much charisma as well. :D

thanks huangsy, tiki_sg for the pictures...he is sooo sezyyy... :rolleyes:

Finally, het gets to be on QS...is been for everrrrr..^^^but eww, he looks terrible in these pictures..What happen!1

dont you guys think he look kinda like Alcheon..omg..they both hottiess...drooozzllss.

hey tiki_sg...what are you doing at KNG thread...haha...he's hot huh?lol...so much charisma as well. :D

In fact when I saw the QSD preview with Alcheon in the black ninja outfit, I was trying my darnest to decipher if it was Alcheon or the debut of KNG . . . cos watching online with low quality images. :ph34r:

As for how he looks in the above pics, what do you expect . . . its suppose to be a fit scene . . . KNG can always be found whenever there's a fight scene, except for "Be Strong, Geum Soon" - for that he has to 'battle' with GS' granny. hahaha

WHAT DO YOU mean by "what am I doing here . . " you'll find me where there's talented K-Entertainment people, hehehe

Guest chubbygirl1

To be honest...i have yet to seen anything that he featured in. :ph34r: ..he caught my eyes when i saw him from QS...let just say..love at first sight? WhoahahahaA.. :lol:

but yeah...darn..he and Alcheon..they both loook soooo alike..i keep thinking oh that's KNG, oh wait, no.is Alcheon..

and when KNG appear. is like wHAt...half way throught the drama already.. freeek...wells, at least the first half, we have Alcheon..hhehe :D

Credit to lilcrash, for sharing Ep 21 images at "Queen Seon Deok" Thread' and permission to steal it over . . .

Scenes of Kim Nam Gil's QSD character, Bidam, in Episode 21 . . .

20ro3h0.jpg

214tl51.jpg

2rw3pn5.jpg

al4wat.jpg

Source : As Tagged

The mutiple facets that Kim Nam Gil showed in his first 20 mins of Queen Seon Deok

26927_34232_5645.jpg

Guest chubbygirl1

thanks tiki_sg, helen208 for the pictures... :D

omg, my computer is dying loading this page..hehe..so many pictures..

freeeek, finally Kim nam gil is oONNNN, dang..i stopped watching QS, h'mmm i guess i'll resume the drama for KNM..HOT! :rolleyes:

freeeek, finally Kim nam gil is oONNNN, dang..i stopped watching QS, h'mmm i guess i'll resume the drama for KNM..HOT! :rolleyes:

If you are ONLY INTERESTED in watching the part from whence KNG appears (40th minute), click on Parts 5-7 of Queen Seon Deok Ep 21 Video Clip (English-subbed)

BTW, who is KNM, kekeke

Gosh, Kim Nam Gil has moved 245 spots to be number 1 on the Naver search engine.

Viikii has already subbed up to 3 of 7 parts for Ep 21.

Guest luthien

^^ I'm so behind this drama.. and seeing him in stills tempts me so much to go over to Viikii! I just had bad experience there before, seeing unnecessary and distracting comments, not notes, embedded in the video. Anyway, I'll wait it out till WITHS2 releases their subs.. I'd like to enjoy and gaze at his beauty in HQ. :wub:

I think I found my other favorite character... :w00t: He's smokin' hot!

Since I posted this at QSD thread, didn't want it to get lost . .

I want to know if you know other projects of Kim Nam Gil. I just want to get to know the actor better.

Here's Kim Nam Gil's Soompi Thread. He was known as "Lee Han" in older shows (pre-2008).

kimnamgil.gif

Name : 김남길 / Kim Nam Gil

Previously known as : 이한 / Lee Han

Birthdate : 13 March 1981

Height : 184cm

Weight : 70kg

Star sign : Pisces

Education : Myeong Ji Cheon University 명지전문대학

Profession : Actor

Debut : 2003 (MBC's 31st Batch of Acting Talents)

Cyworld : http://www.cyworld.com/trueeyesonme

Fan Cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/kimnamgil81

Kim Nam Gil - D-addicts Wiki

Kim Nam Gil - Hancinema

19 Nov 2008 : Starting a new career with a new name

Dramas

Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕 (2009) as Bi-Dam (비담)

Several Questions That Make Us Happy 우리를 행복하게 하는 몇가지 질문 (2007)

When Spring Comes 꽃피는 봄이오면 (2007) as Kim Joon-Ki (김준기)

Lovers 연인 (2006)

Goodbye Solo 굿바이 솔로 (2006) - Ji-An (Ji-Ahn)

Be Strong, Geum Soon 굳세어라 금순아 (2005) as Geum-Soon's husband, No Jeong-hwan (노정완)

My Name Is Kim Sam Soon 내 이름은 김삼순 (2005) - Cameo as doctor friend of Hee Jin (Hyun Bin's ex-gf)

School 1 학교 1 (1999)

Movies

Eve Of Explosion 폭풍전야 aka Big Storm (2009)

Hand Phone 핸드폰 (2009) - Cameo as Jang Yun-Ho (장윤호)

Portrait Of A Beauty 미인도 (2008) as Kang-Moo (강무)

Modern Boy 모던 보이 (2008) as Japanese detective, Sinseuke (신스케)

Kang Chul Jung : Public Enemy 1-1 (강철중: 공공의 적 1-1) aka Public Enemy Returns (2008) as Moon-Soo (문수)

No Regret 후회하지 않아 (2006)

Don't Look Back 내 청춘에게 고함 (2006)

Low Life 하류인생 (2004)

Guest chubbygirl1

ughhggg, i really dread go to this page...can we post more and bump it to page 6....my labtop is furiously screaming at me :ph34r: !!hheehe....to many many hot pictures..making theloading quite bad, i hope...it won't.....freeze on me. ekkk

If you are ONLY INTERESTED in watching the part from whence KNG appears (40th minute), click on Parts 5-7 of Queen Seon Deok Ep 21 Video Clip (English-subbed)

BTW, who is KNM, kekeke

Gosh, Kim Nam Gil has moved 245 spots to be number 1 on the Naver search engine.

Viikii has already subbed up to 3 of 7 parts for Ep 21.

ohhh, tiki_sg..u're the BEST

oopps,my bad..hehhhehehe.,...i mean (K)im (N)am (G)il..that is KNG! OKai.

WHAOTTTT, from a nobody to number one most searched....no kidding.

SEee.e...we have such good taste don't we hheee...

u'hm except Yoo donggeun.LMAO.haha :phew:

thank you for also posting his profile...keke...im goin take time and slowly divulge him..urrr..i mean his projects...hihi. :P

Found the following GIFs in a Japanese blog . . .

a Japanese Blog?? what...hahha...his faming is rolling from hereon.....tsktsk...all one need is a popluar drama to be famose.look at all the works he did in the past.

nobody cares.lol <_< ..oh and that including I :)

^^ I'm so behind this drama.. and seeing him in stills tempts me so much to go over to Viikii! I just had bad experience there before, seeing unnecessary and distracting comments, not notes, embedded in the video. Anyway, I'll wait it out till WITHS2 releases their subs.. I'd like to enjoy and gaze at his beauty in HQ. wub.gif

I think I found my other favorite character... w00t.gif He's smokin' hot!

urrrrrRRr...he is soo dreammy :w00t: ...except for the recent QS pictures..he looks gross...ech..and the HQ pix..make me scare more..i guess HQ pictures should only watch beautiful things..imagine grotesque images..i think i'll die seeing them.Thanks HQ! ihope u won't give me nightmare.hhehe

talkin this drama..omg...i assume u are more behind than me...but I under stand...the drama is freeekinng sluggish...coouple of good moments and then all dullness.

QUOTE (danick @ Aug 4 2009, 11:28 AM) *

I want to know if you know other projects of Kim Nam Gil. I just want to get to know the actor better.

U'hum...what do u mean wanting to get to know him better?kekekeee....as in physically, intimately...hhehee.u pevert :blink: ..tsktsk..WHOAAa.a.a.aa

ohhh, tiki_sg..u're the BEST

SEee.e...we have such good taste don't we hheee...

u'hm except Yoo donggeun.LMAO.haha :phew:

ehhhh, what are you talking about . . . Yang Dong Geun, I believe. Hmm, its the second time you've mentioned Yoo Dong Geun . . is there something sub-conscious going on in your mind . . .

Anyway, Yang Dong Geun has acting chops, so I accept his looks . . you need both good and regular looking people in the industry. My only criteria is T-A-L-E-N-T

thank you for also posting his profile...keke...im goin take time and slowly divulge him..urrr..i mean his projects...hihi. :P

nobody cares.lol <_< ..oh and that including I :)

See what you made Kim Nam Gil (my mind always think of Lee Han, too used to it) go thru . . .

kimnamgilstraightjacket.jpgkimnamgilcry.jpg

ughhggg, i really dread go to this page...can we post more and bump it to page 6....my labtop is furiously screaming at me :ph34r: !!hheehe....to many many hot pictures..making theloading quite bad, i hope...it won't.....freeze on me. ekkk

With this posting, it should be the last for page 5 . . . moving onto page 6