Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

Kim Nam-gil's charisma mesmerizes Cannes

photo594309.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-gil's picture was taken in black and white by a French photographer. Roch Armando takes pictures of worldwide stars like Ewan McGregor, Bill Murray and more. He's been taking pictures at Cannes for 2 years in a row.

Kim Nam-gil is looking at the camera with the ocean behind him. He is wearing a black shirt and his face in cringed slightly, making him look manly.

Kim Nam-gil went to Cannes for the first time for the movie "The Shameless". He is returning to Korea on the 18th after taking care of business with Jeon Do-yeon.

Meanwhile, "The Shameless" is the story of a detective who has been hiding the truth and a woman who wants to believe even his lies produced by Oh Seung-wook who's come back for the first time in 15 years. The movie is released this 27th.

Source: Hancinema

Edited by irilight
Link did not work earlier
  • Like 1

FIVE FILMS THAT TOOK CANNES' FIRST WEEK BY STORM

Posting relevant material only

'THE SHAMELESS' | DIRECTED BY OH SEUNG-UK 

South Korea's slick thriller 'The Shameless' has boosted Cannes' noir cred this festival, with Oh Seung-Uk's gritty film chronicling a seedy underworld of mob bosses, crook detectives and seething femme fatales. Variety praises 'The Shameless' as "a mellow pleasure to be slowly savoured," and is a definite contender for the 'Un Certain Regard' category at Cannes— one of the most prestigious nods at the festival. 

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F05%2F17%2Fthe-

Source: Pedestrian Daily

Edited by irilight

Another review :

Jeon Do-yeon is billed as the main lead, perhaps for marketing purposes as it is really Kim Nam-gil (The Pirates) who takes centre stage in this film and the detective is one of his strongest performances to date.

Read more on Screen Daily

Edited by irilight
  • Like 1

Published on May 18, 2015
ON SCENE
PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE SHAMELESS
Jeon Do-yeon, the queen of Cannes and the charismatic actor Kim Nam-gil have gotten together for a new film! The movie “The Shameless” is in the spotlight because of these two actors. We could see the two’s chemistry for the rough mellow acting. The press conference of “The Shameless” was filled with laughter, so let’s check it out right now~

Showbiz Korea-PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE SHAMELESS 무뢰한 제작발표회

Edited by irilight
for the video look to kick in

Guest vanilla_latte

Hi all!! been silence reader on this thread since watching the pirates at 2014.. finally sign in to soompi for kim nam gil. Its the very first time i love an actor so much that i watched almost all his movies and drama, i have to say he have unique taste but all his work are beautiful! I believe he will be big stars in the near future like lee jung jae, hwang jung min, etc. Really really love his subtle acting, with his eyes he can tell character's emotion without being unnatural. Love that he can be so versatile, from comical jang sa jung in pirates, intense han yi soo in shark, lovely and free in portrait of beauty, etc. By so far love his off screen and on screen chemistry with son ye jin, hope they can film another movies together again (even though it will be their 3rd project together then haha!). I also love his portayal of jae min in no regret, he is really believable as a gay, but when I watched the bts on youtube I can see how he cringe by being hug by su min. Thats why I adore him so much!! really cant wait to be able to watch the shameless, I have feeling that I will fall in love again to character jung jae gon, he looked really cool on the trailer!! :wub:

@vanilla_latte, Welcome to Soompi and Kim Nam-Gil thread....I agree with you... I think we all do. I have not yet seen all of Kim Nam-Gil's works... Still working on that list... :)

That is why we are so excited about his exposure to larger audiences in Cannes... And as you said, Kim Nam Gil is so versatile... I think he can do it all.. funny.. serious.. adventure.. melo.. historical.. noir..

I so look forward to his upcoming movies.

Kim Nam-gil, "Cannes? It's only the beginning"

photo596167.jpg

It's a challenge to work with Jeon Do-yeon. Whether it be a woman or man, you are soon going to be overpowered by her aura. She's dangerous.

Kim Nam-gil chose her intentionally. He co-starred with her in the movie "The Shameless" which is about a detective who will do anything to catch a criminal and approaching a woman to catch one. Jeon Do-yeon is the woman of the killer and Kim Nam-gil is the detective.

"The Shameless" is a man's movie. However, it tilts over to Jeon Do-yeon as if she put a spell on it. What was Kim Nam-gil thinking? He gave a typical answer, "This is why they say Jeon Do-yeon indeed".

Read full interview on Hancinema

Edited by irilight
my post shows multiple times

Guest strangebrightness

Could anyone translate this interview.google translate isn’t good. Like part of scenario delete, or they shot and remove. It will be good they didn’t shot graphic scene .the story of  movie sounds enough good.

무뢰한감독전도연-김남길 베드신 찍다 절망미치는줄

'무뢰한' 오승욱 감독이 전도연 김남길 베드신 촬영에 대한 고충을 토로했다.

영화 '무뢰한'(감독 오승욱/제작 사나이픽처스) 오승욱 감독은 최근 진행된 뉴스엔과 인터뷰에서 감각적으로 그려진 영화 베드신에 대해 "개인적으로는 베드신을 촬영하기 전까지 절망의 구렁텅이에 빠져있었다" 깜짝 고백했다.

승욱 감독은 "스토리상 베드신을 찍긴 찍어야 하는데 감독으로서 번도 경험한 적이 없는 신이었기 때문에 나름 겁을 먹었던 같다" "베드신도 액션이라는 생각으로 접근을 했는데 그래도 풀리더라. 허진호 감독이 과거 '외출' 연출할 배용준과 손예진의 베드신을 촬영한 '미치겠더라'라고 했던 말이 그제서야 이해가 갔다. 나도 미치는 알았다" 털어놨다.

"다큐멘터리를 찍는 것이 아니기 때문에 연기지만 실제처럼 보여야 했다. 그래서 여러 작품을 참고했는데 눈에는 거짓말처럼 보였다. 너무 그림은 '저럴거면 그냥 포르노를 보지' 싶기도 했다" "키스 하나를 때도 '느낌'이라는 것을 관객들에게 전달하고 싶었다. 배우의 연기력도 중요하지만 감독의 연출력 역시 못지 않게 중요한 부분이다. 힘들더라" 말했다.

'보여주기 ' 베드신을 찍고 싶지 않았고, '무뢰한'이라는 작품 특성상 그러한 베드신이 들어가서도 됐기 때문에 고민에 고민을 거듭했다는 오승욱 감독은 "근데 웃긴게 막상 촬영이 시작되니까 다들 마음 뜻으로 움직이고 있다는 느낌을 받았다. 그리고 감정만 유지시키면 관객들도 똑같이 받아들이겠구나 싶더라. 현장의 중요성도 새삼 깨달았다" 귀띔했다.

오승욱 감독은 "성욕 이전에 외로운 사람이 따뜻하게 포옹을 하면서 키스를 나누는데 그게 눈에는 진짜처럼 보였다. 그래서 테이크를 끝낸 이상 찍겠다고 했다. 그랬더니 전도연 김남길은 ' 찍어봐야 한다' 난리가 났다. 진짜 열정 하나는 끝내주는 배우들이다" "그래서 촬영을 했고 느낌 좋은 신들만 이어 붙였다. 물론 편집을 때도 약간의 난항을 겪긴 했지만 걱정했던 보다는 나온 같아서 다행이다" 전해 웃음을 자아냈다.

'무뢰한' 진심을 숨긴 형사와 거짓이라도 믿고 싶은 살인자의 여자의 피할 없는 감정을 그린 하드보일드 멜로 작품이다. 68 국제영화제 주목할만한 부문에 공식 초청되며 작품성을 인정 받았고, 전도연 김남길 박성웅 곽도원 등이 호연을 펼쳤다.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

[HanCinema's Film Review] "The Shameless"

photo602641.jpg

Jae-gon (played by Kim Nam-gil) is a generally unfriendly detective who has a distinct lack of a shame in his everyday interactions. If nothing else, I have to give "The Shameless" credit for having an accurate title. In nearly every scene there's at least one moment where one character acts so incredibly rude that I can't help but think to myself "have you no shame", and it's at that point I remember the title. What was I expecting, a story about happy well-adjusted characters?

Read more at: http://tr.im/SVcae

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Added new stills and updated cast for the Korean movie "The Shameless"

photo613107.jpg

Added new stills and updated cast for the Korean movie "The Shameless" (2014)

Directed by Oh Seung-wook With Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Park Seong-woong, Kwak Do-won, Kim Min-jae, Kang Tae-yeong,...

More Synopsis A hard-boiled melodrama about a detective and a woman in a gang organization.

Festival Cannes 2015 : Un Certain Regard

Release date in Korea : 2015/05/27

photo613105.jpg

photo613104.jpg

Source:  http://tr.im/3a467

• Like 1

Seongbuk - dong and walked Kim Nam-Gil

20150709093022012.jpeg

I'm thinking in earnest about sharing thing, since when?

I honestly did not have time to think what used to be called 'Sharing'. Family and friends are happy to help others without thought and hard to even eopji is not it.Then the shop's been accidentally Indonesia Earthquake Recovery volunteer with one broadcaster in January 2010. Be the victims to accept despair as the fate that live there quietly together through the story I heard this I want to hold their hands.But the one hand I feel bad. The only thing I thought would help leave a good thing, but rather a temporary volunteer hurt them. Jeoya stop over here when you return to the place where you can relax, but they are still without someone's help seemed to be in pain to continue. So I'm starting to global social platform called "Road Stories". Are you prepared to communicate in one window fans around the world and sharing on the topic. It's one chance to start.

20150709093023669.jpeg

20150709093027570.jpeg

Partially translated with Google translate.

More HERE

Edited by irilight