Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

• 2 weeks later...

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"The Pirates Showcase 2 July 2014 

20140702_1404267411_34294600_1.jpg
1404267791_724022.jpg
201472114412o3y9shj_T5_85378.jpg
201407021119452010_1.jpg

more..http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr

Pirates Eng. sub trailer

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: transparent;"해적 : 바다로 간 산적 (The Pirates, 2014) 메인 예고편 (Main trailer)

http://youtu.be/elh95eZg_cY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunshine4ever

awwww, that's so awesome!!! love all pics of Kim Nam Gil for the Pirates movie promotions...he looks handsome without the mustache (but it's not like he was not handsome with the mustache either lol)

class="content-title" Actor Kim Nam Gil Explains How the Failure of “Shark” Influenced Him Positively

Translation by yeonjiii

July 24, 2014

Kim-Nam-Gil-e1365132224617.jpg

Actor Kim Nam Gil explained how the failure of his previous work had a positive effect on him.

In the upcoming blockbuster film, “Pirates,” he plays the role of Jang Sa Jung, who is the leader of the bandits. On July 24, he sat down with TV Report and in an interview with them, he said, “I experienced a slump when KBS2’s ‘Shark’ didn’t receive a lot of love.”

He continued to explain regarding his previous statement by saying, “While filming ‘Shark,’ I fell into an acting dilemma. I was scared of acting, so I even thought about quitting. It was up to the point where I thought my career as an actor wasn’t right for me. At that time, I think I failed in acting. Although I was in a slump, the people around me were gloomy as well and encouraged me.”

Kim Nam Gil also said, “During that situation, I tried to think positively. I tried to create a light image of myself so that’s why I chose ‘Pirates.’ I wanted to make up for my failure and I also wanted to approach the viewers a bit more comfortably. When walking on a solid road, if you slip, then you experience a big risk. In the end, these failures became a medicine for me and it gave me a chance to look back at myself.”

“Pirates” is an adventure blockbuster film about a group of pirates and bandits that fights to catch a gray whale that swallowed a royal seal. Actors Kim Nam Gil, Son Ye Jin, Yoo Hae Jin, Lee Kyung Young, Kim Tae Woo, Park Chul Min, Shin Jung Geun, f(x)’s Sulli, Jo Dal Hwan, Jung Sung Hwa, Ahn Nae Sang, Oh Dal Soo, and Kim Won Hae will be appearing.

“Pirates” will be released on August 6.

Pictures & news credit to Soompi News

--

This news below is Son Ye Jin, but she mentioned Kim Nam Gil, so I think it's okay to post here, right?
class="content-title" Actress Son Ye Jin Talks About Dating Rumor With Actor Kim Nam Gil Translation by yeonjiii

July 24, 2014

Son Ye Jin talked about Kim Nam Gil by saying, “He’s just like Jang Sa Jung. In actuality, he’s more talkative and fun. He’s a bit of a klutz and is friendly.”

She continued on by saying, “The image of him up to now is all a lie. Since I’ve known that side of him from ‘Shark,’ it was really comfortable working with him this time. In that sense, I think Jang Sa Jung fits him well.”

Since the two actors are close, dating rumors started spreading while filming “Pirates.” Son Ye Jin informed that the two didn’t think much of it. She said, “While filming in the countryside, I got a call. Kim Nam Gil asked me, ‘Hey, did you see it?’ and I just answered with, ‘Yeah.”

She also said, “Senior Park Chul Min joked around by saying, ‘You guys should just get married,’ but we didn’t think much of it and said that we were never going to do it. Kim Nam Gil is someone I want to keep by my side as a friend. He’s someone that can always make me laugh.”

Meanwhile, “Pirates” will be released on August 6.

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/24/actress-son-ye-jin-talks-about-dating-rumor-with-actor-kim-nam-gil/
^There is a picture of Ye Jin, but I didn't put it up because this isn't her thread but NG's. :) I'm glad they're good friends offscreen.

Hehe..can't wait to see the movie. I hope it will be doing good!!! :)

-edited-
class="titleNews"[interview] Kim Nam Gil Enjoyed Filming ′Pirates′ with Son Ye Jin and f(x)’s Sulli

Kim Nam Gil confessed that he couldn’t leave the filming site even when there were no scenes for him to film.

Kim Nam Gil met with Newsen on July 24 in a café in Samcheong-dong prior to the release of his newest film Pirates.

Having co-starred with Son Ye Jin in the drama Shark, Kim Nam Gil acted opposite the actress again in the film Pirates.

The actor said, “So when I filmed alone, I felt scared and lonely.”

Kim Nam Gil said, “I was comfortable filming with Son Ye Jin, because we’re close. Before the filming began Son Ye Jin, Sulli and I would all gather in a container and play games. We played games like ‘3,6,9’ and ‘007’ while we waited for filming to start.”

Kim Nam Gil continued, “We waited from the morning but due to certain circumstances, we couldn’t film that day at all. The production team apologized to us but we said, ‘It’s okay,’ and continued playing games. Pirates is supposed to be an entertaining film. I think the closeness between the cast members have been directly conveyed to the film.”

6s6MFXl.jpg

Meanwhile, Pirates is an action adventure film about the ‘great seal’ that goes missing after an attack by a whale, just a couple weeks before the establishment of Joseon.

In order to find the great seal, various forces around the country, including the pirates and bandits, will be facing each other in a battle to locate the lost seal.

The film is set to premiere on August 6.

Photo credit: Newsen

Credit: http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/71623/interview-kimnamgil-talks-filming-pirates-with-sonyejin-and-sulli

Thanks to @soneonjin for posting this at Son Ye Jin's thread.

Guest sunshine4ever

Official poster of the movie "Pirates"

aCvyLdM.jpg

Full Trailer for the movie with English subs

Poster credits to Naver and trailer credits to Lotte

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest vttr11

Congratulations to all Pirates casts

The movie, titled [The Pirates: Bandits Going to the Sea], outperformed [Roaring Currents] andranked No. 1 in the box office this weekend.

According to Korea Box Office Information System of the Korean FilmCouncil on the 25th, [The Pirates] (director: LeeSeok Hoon) hit the box office with 951,446 audience seeing it on 3-day weekendfrom the 22nd to the 24th.

[The Pirates] tellsthe story of a quest by bandits, pirates and founding contributors to recoverthe missing royal seal from the whale that swallowed it. It stars ‘Son Ye-jin’, ‘Kim Nam-gil’, ‘Lee Geung-young’, ‘Yoo Hae-jin’, ‘Lee Yi-kyung’, ‘Shin Jung-geun’ and ‘Sulli’ of ‘f(x)’.

http://www.kofan.com/?p=64378