Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

Guest alicechen

He's such a comic relief to the intense atmosphere. haha Such an adorkable character.

Something I made just to look at...haha =D

Bidam_1-1.png

It cracked me up when he checked himself out when facing the river. :lol:

Source : MBC Global Entertainment News

[Queen Seondeok] Bidam says, "Got the charisma from [Vagabond], the comic from [Ruler of the Land]"

2009.08.20 10:47:23

200908181844191_2.JPG

200908181844191_4.JPG

- The psychotically-inclined Bidam was created with the influence of two comic book characters

[The Great Queen Seondeok]'s character Bidam has generated much interest for his duality of good and evil.

Bidam is comical at times, but in a split second he becomes a cold-blooded killer. The actor Kim Namgil created this dualistic character by studying two comic books.

He gets the savage charisma from the character Miyamoto Musashi of [Vagabond], drawn by the mangaka who also drew Japan's hit comic book series <Slam Dunk>. The comical aspect of Bidam is inspired by the character of Han Bigwang of [Ruler of the Land], a hit comic book in Korea.

Kim Namgil's Bidam created quite a stir in the [Great Queen Seondeok] world from his first charismatic appearance. He is a mysterious character that challenges anyone and everyone he meets, he's Munno's secret pupil, and later he leads a rebellion against Deokman when their relationship goes awry.

Kim Namgil analyzed his complicated character Bidam. "He was born with Misil's craftiness, wits and trickery and he was trained to have Munno's superb martial arts skills. He's a complicated and layered character that stands on the thin line between good and evil."

Kim Namgil explained how Bidam's personality came about. "In the beginning, the writers and I held a lot of discussions about Bidam's personality. I decided to look for ideas in my favorite comic books. [...] I gleaned the most striking aspects from two different characters, so it's not surprising that Bidam has inherent traits that are quite cartoonish."

Kim even keeps the comic books in his car so he can further study his character. He commented about the atmosphere on set. "It hasn't been long since I joined, so I'm still in the middle of adapting. The atmosphere on set is really passionate. Everyone's working so hard that I just have to make sure I match them."

Kim is very grateful that the viewers seem to like his Bidam. "I realize time and time again how great this story is."

200908181844191_3.JPG

200908181844191.JPG

Guest tisyamey

Hi, all!

I'm glad to find this thread on Mr. Kim Nam Gil!

I saw him first as the right-hand man from the drama "Lovers" and even then thought he was a cutie...

I saw him in several others too but was always miffed that it's either he's just an extra or that he's the "other" guy!

On this one is pretty much the same "other" guy character but this time he's got more weight as a character.

I actually just got done watching the movie with him in it, entitled "Portrait of a Lady"... supposedly a historical-based-on-actual-events kinda movie... and his character their is kinda similar to Bidam.. naughty and playful.

and oh my, there's some really :o :blush: :D sexy scenes :D :blush: :o in there too [so you fans out there, you definitely should see this movie!!!]

Like most of you guys, I would love to see Nam Gil sshi more as QSD progresses... and hopefully this drama

is his shot to the bigtime... main protagonist in his next drama, perhaps?

please keep the post coming! I'll be one of those frequent visitors here!!

KIM NAM GIL, oppa, HWAITING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

September 17, 2009

Changed on request and recommendation -

note1.gif This thread previously started by loving_D is now maintained by tiki_sg at the first post to update with related actor info, etc.

Everyone please keep posting & continue sharing. ^^

Hi all, I'm finally jumping onto the wagon. lols...

I also discovered him in Lovers, and really liked his expressive eyes. But Nam Gil blew me over with the creativity and somehow natural "duality" of his Bidan. Gillie is just mesmerizing to watch!

Thanks for all the pics and alice, the banners are so cute. You gotta make ones with Bidan sleeping - that'll be such a trademark. As for the hug with PYJ, does anyone know the situation that prompted the action? He's seems just as comically cute in real life as his character. :lol:

Guest chubbygirl1

LOLzz, is that really Kim Nam Gil above..kekekee.... :D ...you are cute no matter how u look in QSD. B)

in the 2nd pic, Gillie looks great w/ that pose, u'hm, even greater, is u'hm blinding hair.;)

Cool! so now tiki will take over the thread. CONGRATS!!!!!! TOOT TOOT

wassup 2uss, nice see u in here, :P

Gillie is just mesmerizing to watch!

Kgrl- Hahhaa, is that ur new nick for KNM, haha, cute, coool, ill call him that from now on.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alicechen

Thanks for all the pics and alice, the banners are so cute. You gotta make ones with Bidan sleeping - that'll be such a trademark. As for the hug with PYJ, does anyone know the situation that prompted the action? He's seems just as comically cute in real life as his character. :lol:

Bidam sleeping! I still didn't watch that BiJae episodes yet! :D Must've been cute!

kim namgil from hs

cr: daum

Thanks for sharing atel!

He looks the same. I notice that he's the only Hwarang with FLIPPING Bangs!! haha So cool and handsome! :P

LEE HAN, I FOUND YOU!

Hi everyone! I only found out Lee Han is now known as Kim Nam Gil LOL!! Had been searching about his news since like forever! His carpet walk pic at the recent PIFF (courtesy of dramabeans/javabeans) made me think "Hey!!! That guy sure looks like my long lost Lee Han!" but the caption says" Kim Nam Gil??" Oh, many thanks to dramabeans/ javabeans and also to tiki-sg for running this thread! :)

Noticed him about 2 yrs ago from the drama When Spring Comes, he was 2nd male lead together with Lee Hana & Park Shi Yeon (sorry, x remember the 1st male lead's name). Checked him out at d-addicts (yeah, at d-addicts coz I couldn't find any/much news about him then!!!) & found he acted in Lovers!!! So watched that JUST for him hahaha!! Oh, his acting is so swoon worthy there & was meatier than his role in the subsequent When Spring Comes.

So, now that I know he's in QSD, guess will HAVE to start watching QSD too!!! :lol: I like saguek...but wasn't really interested in QSD tho yummy Uhm Tae Woong is in it. keke.

Thanks for all the pics of him, but he looks so tanned & his skin/face haggard?!!! :blink: He like seriously needs a series of intensive facials man!! The shooting schedule must be REAL punishing.

I'll be dropping-by like oh so often from now on!! haha Thanks again to everyone!!! B)

Source : StarNews (Korean) / AllKPop (Translated)

[25-10-2009 18:17hrs KST]

Kim Nam Gil injured while filming Queen Seon Duk

tn_1256462462_-154860223_0.jpg

It was reported on the 25th that the filming of MBC's Queen Seon Duk had to be suspended temporarily after Kim Nam Gil got injured from falling off a horse.

Kim Nam Gil may be playing as the fearless Bidam in the drama, but even he was not immune to pain during a filming session on Sunday.

In one of the scenes that was being filmed in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, Bidam had complained of back pain after falling off the horse which sped up suddenly. He was immediately transferred to a local medical facility for treatment.

The incident surprised everyone on set but thankfully, Kim Nam Gil did not suffer any major injuries or fractures after initial diagnosis by the doctors.

But for precaution sakes, he is expected to take a day of rest before resuming filming tomorrow or the day after depending on his condition.