Quantcast
LyraYoo

Kim Nam Gil 김남길 : Ƹ An Actor's Actor Ʒ | Upcoming Film: 'Closet' | Finished Drama: The Fiery Priest

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Oh you also lol.

Pisces that i knew from real life is quite interesting character. Can be moody, have deep view for life, artistic, and never once bored me. I think KNG also have all this traits. Im on the way collecting Pisces oppa somehow! :joy:

Hello I’m married to one . But he’s not particularly chatty with strangers though he’s very vocal about his political beliefs ; yes I suppose has a deep view of life . Artistic yes . Moody - maybe but I think it’s often misunderstood as he’s introverted & likes to hide in his cave . 

Lol! This is was too cute . 

Edited by triplem
  • LOL 2

Strong competition @LyraYoo @sushilicious on Best Actor Baeksang tonight. 

SBS Kim Nam Gil "The Fiery Priest", TVN's "The Crowned Clown" Yeo Jin Goo, "Mr. Sunshine" tvN's Lee Byung Hun, "My Ajusshi" Lee Sun Kyun tvN and "Memories of the Alhambra" tvN's Hyun Bin.

I only watched FP & MA. But LBH & LSK is quite veteran actor and the drama seems popular too.

Neverthless, oppa win Baeksang in our heart already. :heart:

• Like 1

April 29, 2019

Interview

"The Fiery Priest" Kim Nam-gil "Bad Guy to Comedy"

Source: EDaily via HanCinema.net

photo1057885.jpg

"I like B-class comedy movies like "Shaolin Soccer", "The Funny Movie" and "Dachimawa Lee". My comedy comes from Stephen Chow and Im Won-hee. When I first started comedy in "Pirates" (2014), people said that it was truly me. I have a standard when it comes to choosing movies and dramas, and that's if the message is clear and if there is humor behind it. We need laughter in our lives".

The interview was full of laughter. He was a born-storyteller. His jokes lightened up the mood and there was no 'bad guy' to be seen around him. We are talking about actor Kim Nam-gil, who recently starred in the SBS Friday / Saturday miniseries "The Fiery Priest", which ended on the 20th.

Spoiler

photo1057886.jpg

Kim Nam-gil played Kim Hae-il, a former special agent and current priest. His anger management issues are the traumatic result of when he was an agent, so he's always losing it. However, his anger for justice was reasonable. His comedy and hidden parodies such as the satire of the club Rising Sun, which mocks the Burning Sun issue, contributed to the drama's popularity. The final episode of the drama ended with 22.0% (according to Nielsen Korea).

The actor gave credit to his colleagues. Eum Moon-seok in the role of Longde, Ahn Chang-hwan in the role of Ssong-ssak and Ko Kyu-pil in the role of Oh Yo-han were in the limelight. Kim Nam-gil said, "Everyone was perfect. Thanks to that everyone evenly got their share of the spotlight, and I'm most happy about that". This is also a reason why season 2 is in discussion right now. "I wish the members of season 1 can join the next season too", he hopes.

photo1057884.jpg

Another factor of the drama was the dynamic action. There were a lot of action scenes where Kim Nam-gil had to use his long legs, thus the injuries to the wrist and ribs. The production told him to take a break, but Kim Nam-gil had a different approach. He felt responsible for the viewers. He continued to film on painkillers. He said, "Everyone around me paid so much attention to me when I got hurt that it was almost embarrassing".

There was word of concern regarding the fact that he was a 'violent priest'. However, Kim Nam-gil, who is of no religious background, put more weight on the fact that his character was a former special agent. While preparing for the drama, he met priests in person and realized the images of priests and his character are completely different. There were some who actually gave him confidence. Kim Nam-gil said, "Thanks to this opportunity, I became close to one of them. The anger my character portrays is justifiable for the sake of the happiness of others".

Kim Nam-gil debuted in 2003 through MBC and rose to stardom in the MBC drama "Queen Seon-deok" and SBS "Bad Man". Then he suddenly left for National Service right after "Bad Man". "It was a chance for me to force my excitement down", he says. He sends the message of alternating happiness and sadness. He said, "I always commit myself to something thinking this could be my last piece of work". That's what he tells his juniors too.

photo1057883.jpg

We asked about the ordinary Kim Nam-gil. He replied that he's just a part of society. He enjoys hobbies like running and listening to music, he takes the subway from Suwon to Gangnam, and sometimes drives his small car. He also doesn't put weight on evaluation or numbers, but tries to make the most of his days. He claims he doesn't seek prizes, although he's a candidate for the Best Actor in Dramas at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards.

"I used to put meaning into everything when I was young, and when I wasn't on the list of candidate I would be suspicious. However, from some point on, I realized that was me being rude to my colleagues and the staff that work with me. I decided not to care. I am happy to see senior actors be chosen for awards. It's a place for celebration. I plan on celebrating".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe that in 2019 I get to see a Kim Nam Gil selfie with puckered lips

D5c5DmJUcAAku7_.jpg

Spoiler

D5c5DmIUcAAl3R4.jpgD5c5DmgXoAAbdQw.jpg

4 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Strong competition @LyraYoo @sushilicious on Best Actor Baeksang tonight. 

SBS Kim Nam Gil "The Fiery Priest", TVN's "The Crowned Clown" Yeo Jin Goo, "Mr. Sunshine" tvN's Lee Byung Hun, "My Ajusshi" Lee Sun Kyun tvN and "Memories of the Alhambra" tvN's Hyun Bin.

I only watched FP & MA. But LBH & LSK is quite veteran actor and the drama seems popular too.

Neverthless, oppa win Baeksang in our heart already. :heart:

This is so true. The contenders deserve that Best Actor award. I can imagine how excited KNG is to be nominated along with his seniors in the industry. He was very vocal about it specially with Lee Byung Hun

D5ai0SEUcAA0k4a.jpg

• Love 1

@Lawyerh @LyraYoo Nam Gil always take the train lolllll. And his attitude is similar to Hae il where he gets easily angered by simple things like, people should wait for others to alight first before getting on hahaha

Nam Gil have been taking public train from 10 years ago lol

so cute lol

• Insightful 2

57 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@Lawyerh @LyraYoopeople should wait for others to alight first before getting on hahaha

Nam Gil have been taking public train from 10 years ago lol

Thanks for the info sharing. Thats so down to earth of him. Admired him more. I have to be honest i sometimes inpatient to get in too lol. Should learn from his attitude. 

• Like 1

C40-E5-B73-02-B7-476-D-93-BC-15-C5712-C9

Spoiler

28-A7-F3-BA-83-A1-435-A-88-E1-D6-FEF8-E8

CE2-F9-B7-A-D9-D1-4-D21-839-C-9-F3506788

Spoiler

DC093-F9-D-B486-45-A9-9-E51-2055-C8-FEF1

E6538-F55-388-A-4330-8-B2-B-20702-FEC4-A

Hope he wins!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He is so gorgeous tonight!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

@LyraYoo he did not win...

And I am still recovering because i was really rooting for him to win .  But to be fair to anyone from those 5 nominees deserve to win the Best Actor award. Of course we are rooting for our Kim Tsunami to bring the trophy home. 

But then, watching this clip made me realize how his humility makes him a greater person to me. He really keep himself grounded all the time, having every opportunity to be a celebration of his acting career. He was never nominated after 2010. And I can feel how overwhelmed he is in this moment:

One of the comments mentioned, he was the only representative from the terrestial tv stations, which makes it even more victorious, after the cable stations walloped the majority of awards tonight. This is a turning point of him to be recognized and remembered again. I really hope SBS will not forget his work on the year end awards. I have higher expectation haha.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

SBS will not forget his work on the year end awards. I have higher expectation haha.

Yes..I’m rooting for that...at least the competition might not be that strong...? I hope that FP could win more....it’s a one of a kind drama lol...when will you ever see a priest who punches people lol. And or yell during a procession? :joy:

And i wonder why LUTYN is not even nominated... 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Some of the many wonders in awards show. :P

Anyways, this friendship is winning 

HOney: In my heart you are the daesang 

Image result for cry ugly tears gif

• Like 3

Lots of happenings after TFP, KNG has no rest 

- Entertainment Weekly ( guest panel) . He sang some lines of his QSD OST "Can't I love You" and he was cringing all the time HAHA

99A541415CCC61A91D50A2991A9E495CCC64D629A79A

99A7D3505CCC896206820A

- Upcoming film Closet (August release) 

And CJeS has no chill to . So happy they keep on dishing us with namgil's content!

He was fanboying when he greeted LBH :lol: 

Spoiler

D5svFOUUIAIyK1N.jpgD5svOA9VUAA_GY6.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@LyraYoo :bawling: FP team on Knowing Brothers...Nam Gil not there:tears: 

• Sad 3

He is so hot omg #wildsushi

4015-E64-C-1029-4363-BEA7-B1-B6-DE3-FDEF

• Love 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:34 PM, sushilicious said:

@LyraYoo :bawling: FP team on Knowing Brothers...Nam Gil not there:tears: