[Variety] Infinity Challenge 무한도전

Guest luckyyou

Guest yoojeong

Yeah I found this episode boring. I thought it was going to be a fashion contest number 2 because of their hats lol.

Watching the same scene from different perspectives was just way too repetitive that I skipped most of it. However, yes, next weeks looks interesting :)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teukiie

I watched the first few minutes & I couldn't handle it, it was kinda boring...

But I'll definitely watch next week's one! Battle Royale: Paintball version ^^

(PS: What was the episode about anyway? I didn't understand!)

Guest sunny_dance

@teukiie

i didn't understand a word either but it looks to me that they were brainstorming ideas for another project...

in addition, to their honest thoughts being voiceovered and interjected here and there about each other's ideas.

yep, this eppy was very dialogue heavy, which is boring if you don't understand a lick of korean. :sweatingbullets:

anyway, here's an article posted on AKP about the episode...

NHC Addresses Gay Rumors Through Marriage

Guest High Kick

the only thing that was remotely interesting was when jun ha mentioned song ji hyo's name again to haha. haha's reaction the first time (and to an extent, the second time) when he sighed and said, "ah, jin jja. shheee.." seemed like it really bothered him.

i wonder what that means in regards to the gary and ji hyo loveline in running man, since haha and gary are good friends.

Guest lordbordem

Even if you understood enough Korean to understand this episode, it wasn't really that funny.

It was interesting in a "hmm it's a interesting idea i guess" type of way but it was lacking in any sort of big laughter.

I wouldn't go far as to say it made the members feel evil or mentally disgusting, it was quite obvious that most of their narration was heavily scripted to just mention things they've said quietly over the last couple episodes, like JHD being quite confident lately, PMS lacking in confidence, all the other members being frustrated at JJH, all the members feeling sorry for PMS because his gags aren't really working lately etc.

It was all quite obvious and i would hardly think that their was anything malicious in what they were "thinking" to themselves

Guest High Kick

i just felt so uncomfortable watching it, especially when myung soo slaps gil and when hyung don calls gil out, claiming he came to the set drunk even though gil says he didn't (yeah, i get they were trying to be "funny" but that's kind of harsh; especially knowing how netizens in korea overreact).

and some scenes (like when they were driving in the beginning) made it seem like they were purposely trying not to be funny.

some of gil's inner monologue was painful because (and i've said this before) they treat gil so bad on the show sometimes.

Guest lordbordem

I will easily agree with the episode being uncomfortable.

I thought the Gil drinking joke was pretty clear cut, there was atleast 3 mins of monologue before that to set the scene that it was really Haha that actually had a record of coming to the recordings while drunk, In this situation i think the people that would get the most shaft would be PMS for slapping (He does do it often thou, not that it suddenly makes him innocent but it does lessen the malice of the whole thing), Haha for actually coming to a recording drunk before.

And this is a harsh one, Gil for suddenly becoming really serious from the whole ordeal, its understandable but it just puts both PMS and JHD in a really awkward position. Lets be honest, it was a pretty lame joke but Gil getting all serious didn't really make it better for himself, it actually makes him look more guilty, he could have just been his normal character and just do an exaggerated complaint with his hearty laughter instead he gets all serious and quiet.

It also kind of puts him in a difficult situation as PMS and JHD would then be too afraid to involve jokes with him, PMS got him involved quite a bit briefly after the spat but then he hardly talked to Gil afterward.

In this whole case, we could then blame Taeho PD for not editing the whole scene out, but i think it was put in purposely to really exaggerate this week's inner thought concept, to show that the Member's Actions don't necessarily translate into exactly what they were planning or thinking of.

And the whole episode was uncomfortable because the whole thing seemed like they were trying wayy too hard to find something to laugh about, they get soo desperate that they start drawing on each others' faces in the end.

I only half agree with the members not treating Gil well, i think he is being treated a lot better than JJ was, in that the members are actually trying to get him actively involved in what is happening, whereas for JJ they tended to ignore him quite a bit.

Gil might be getting a lot of attention for some pretty dodgy characters, but it's still a lot of attention and definitely a lot more than Haha is getting at the moment.

I think it's easy to agree thou that Ep222 definitely wasn't one of IC's best episodes to date.

It was an interesting experiment but one that probably should have been executed a lot better

(There was also an article this morning about how Taeho PD states that the episode definitely wasn't very funny and that he should have done it differently Source:http://newslink.media.daum.net/news/20101031085515471)

Guest CrucifyCrusnik

hey do you guys have the link to the preview of the paintball episode you guys are all talking about? Because I downloaded the latest episode (episode 222) and forwarded to see if they showed the preview at the end that you guys were talking about, but I didn't see any preview of that paintball episode... & I'm really curious now.

Guest lordbordem

Try this link

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/challenge/prevod/index.html

But the preview wasn't actually on the end of Ep222, it was around 5 mins before the end at around the 1:05hr mark on the HANrel version

Guest CrucifyCrusnik

Oh I forwarded it to the 1:05hr mark like you said and I found it! Thanks, heh. It looks SO exciting! I love these kind of IC episodes! I'm so looking forward to it, but I don't see Park Myung Soo much in the preview :( I hope he doesn't get eliminated so quickly. Everytime in these kind of episodes, I'm always rooting for Park Myung Soo haha.

Guest rayevang

yeah, i'm looking forward to Ep223 too!

looks exciting~

i enjoyed the recent telepathy episodes as well...

(hi CrucifyCrusnik, long time no see~~~ heehee...i don't see you on the other forum? :ph34r: )

Guest lordbordem

In Late 2009, The MBC Infinity Challenge Team and Korean Marketing Expert, Professor Seo Kyung Duk was in the spotlight for publishing a full page ad in the New York Times for Korean BibibimBap (Korean Mixed Rice Dish).

20101102143806291.jpeg

In 2010 they have joined forces once again to promote Korean Food around the World.

In 2010, The MBC Infinity Challenge and Professor Seo Kyung Duk will be running a Korean Food Video Advertisement in Time Square.

This Korean Food Video Advertisment will air in the beginning of November in Time Square on the TSQ Electronic Sign for a month, Twice every hour, and for a total for 48 times a day.

Professor Seo states "I have done idea meetings together with the IC PD and the members, Since promoting Korean Food around the world also provides a big help in improving National Image, i plan to continue this campaign"

Following on, Infinity Challenge's Kim Taeho PD explains"In 2009, During the New York Recording, We recognized that New Yorkers lacked knowledge regarding Korean Food. Rather than introducing all of Korean Food, we found it more beneficial to introduce specific Foods to incite curiosity"

In 2009, After the New York Time's Bibimbap Ad was printed, Other Korean Residents in Japan, Germany, Philippines, Canada etc got together to print similar equivalents ads

The Foreign Exchange Students also printed the ad on t-shirts and was a craze around the world

The Video Advertisement was helped produced by famous CF Director, Cha Eun Taek and the IC members will personally appear in them.

The Advertisement Production Process and Episodes is scheduled to air in Late November

Source:http://media.daum.net/economic/consumer/view.html?cateid=100020&newsid=20101102143806229&p=ked

Lordbordem:

Ok! Who is in New York and is willing to get some screenshots of this? This looks really interesting!

Guest teukiie

^ Just tweeted it on my Twitter, maybe one of my followers could get a photo? We'll see ^^

Anyway, glad to see that they are spreading the word on Korean food! yummmm ^^

Guest lordbordem

Yep thanks for that :D

It will be fun to see what the ad is like, at least if no one finds it, they will still show it on the show later in the month :)

Guest CrucifyCrusnik

@rayevang

Heyy. Oh, that's because I'm still confused with how the other forum works, I'm more used to this forum haha.

& I don't have the same user ID in the other forum, my user ID over there is JayWalker02. I think I only posted there like twice LOL.

Guest endyendy

Hey guys. I was just wondering, does any one of you still have the infinity challenge episode 150 with subs? If I'm not mistaken, it's already been subbed, I watched it on YouTube. But the video is gone now, due to the copyright. Does any still have it? Thanks a lot guys. Please help me.

Guest theLEGEND

But the preview wasn't actually on the end of Ep222, it was around 5 mins before the end at around the 1:05hr mark on the HANrel version

I guess the preview only available for HANrel version and not the others. I can't find the link for HANrel, so I got the Baros version with no preview for this week's episode.

Archived