[movie 2000] Teenage Hooker Became A Killing Machine In Daehakroh

Guest Epikt

Nam Ki-Woong / weirdest Korean movie ever !
:w00t:Weirdest Korean movie ever ! :w00t:

teenagehooker2sf4.jpg

English title : Teenage Hooker became a Killing Machine in Daehakroh

Original title : 대학로에서 매춘하다가 토막살해당한 여고생 아직 대학로에 있다 (Daehakro-yeseo maechoon-hadaka tomaksalhae danghan yeogosaeng ajik Daehakno-ye Issda)

Director, writer, editor, music-composer : Nam Ki-Woong

Staring : Lee So-Woon, Kim Dae-Woong

Running time : 60 min

Year : 2000

Trailer (youtube)

Incredible im/ex-pressionist cyberpunk rape-revenge, Teenage hooker became a killing machine in Daehak-Roh can easily be considered what it's not, namely a speedy mad Tetsuo-like movie, in a word what we expect from a so called weird underground Asian movie. In this way we could find it slow, not really moving and not that much dynamic.

Wrong, definitely wrong.

teenagehooker4op0.jpg

JESUS WAS A TEENAGE HOOKER

Teenage hooker... is a movie looking like nothing known, and even more like so-called "movies that look like nothing". Shot with no money with a mini-DV camera and amateur actors, it could have been another Z-movie, sort of Korean Trauma film, but Nam Ki-Woong chose to change it into a spectral and abstract object. He emphasizes colors and always shoot backlighting ; sounds are muffled and/or exacerbated ; characters, like ridiculous dolls, only express them-selves with twisted grimaces or with imposing monologues ; sacred opera meets psychedelic electro-rock...

On the end, Teenage hooker... isn't violent anymore : dying men are only shadows, dying girl is only light.

teenagehooker3zi6.jpg

AND NAM KI-WOONG IS GOD

We could discourse for hours on psychoanalytic, mystical, religious, political or social interpretations of the movie, but we also (and maybe we'd better) appreciate it like an unlikely and iconoclastic breath of freedom, an unique cinematographic experience.

Let's dare to say the truth, Teenage hooker became a killing machine in Daehak-Roh is not a movie, but a true theophany.

teenagehooker5gi1.jpg

As far as I know, the movie didn’t release in Korea, but only in Japan.

You can buy the DVD here.

If enough people are interested, I can rip my DVD and upload the file (be careful : Korean with Japanese subtitles => no English subs).

teenagehooker1hj4.jpg

Yeah..i love weird movies ..especially Korean ones..i guess this one makes Kim KiDuk movies look like 'Sound of Music'.. :D

i wanna check it out too!.

Nop, it's not really like Kim Ki Duk's movies ! :D

If we need to find some references, it will be Japanese (cyber)punk movies like films by Shinya Tsukamoto, Shojin Fukui or Sogo Ishii. There is also a scene remaking a classic scene of the French movie Nikita (I don't know the english name, I guess it's the same). But I never seen a Korean movie like that. Maybe some scene of Jang Sun-Woo's Timeless, bottomless, bad movie... :w00t:

Anyway, I'm glad to see there are people interrested in weird movies !

Give me one or two days, i'll upload the movie somewhere and give a link B)

< edit >

Bon, OK.

I tested the download and it's definitly not practical.... :(

I'm sorry, i'll upload it somewhere else... i'll give you a link this evening

</edit>

Oups, sorry, I had some problems to find an uploader because the file is 700MB, and it was always to small and/or not really practical... :blush:

So I finaly raised my Clubbox from the dead >>> http://clubbox.co.kr/epikt

(i emptied it so it won't be hard to find the file :lol: )

PS : if someone really don't succeed to DL => pm

PPS : please don't hesitate to share your opinion : "waouh ! this movie kicks richard simmons !", "omg this movies sucks !" and everthing in between...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Epikt

I watched the American version yesterday.

They changed the soundtrack during the beginning and ending credit, I don't know why. :huh: But it accentuate the funky side of the movie, instead of the melancolic vision of the Japanese version. I'll compare when I'll have my japanese DVD back, but the rest of the movie is apparently the same.

By the way, the short film Kangchul is without subtitles, but it's @$&#µ§ awesome anyway :w00t:

Archived