[hk Movie 2007] 生日快乐 / Happy Birthday

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

LOUIS KOO, LAWRENCE CHOU, RENE LIU, CARL NG
happybirthday.jpg

生日快乐 Happy Birthday

Director: Jingle Ma (Fly Me To Polaris,Summer Holiday & Tempting Heart)

Cast: Louis Koo, Rene Liu, Lawrence Chow, Carl Ng

Language: CANTONESE

Subtitling: CHINESE & ENGLISH

Running Time: 106mins

Release Date: Jan 18

Every year on her birthday XIAOMI (Rene Liu) will wait impatiently for an email that arrive punctually no matter what from someone she would never forget; XIAONAN (Louis Koo). However on this day with pouring rain, the email arrives 42 hours late. All their university schoolmates think they are the first couple to get married. However XIAOMI is a girl severely lacking security and freaked out by the idea of loss. So on that fateful night in XIAONAN’S embrace, she merely asked him to be her very best friend. XIAONAN could not figure out what was on her mind. He might be the most popular guy in the campus, but he loves XIAOMI devotedly. Everybody still believes that they are deeply in love with each other and one day they will finally get together. To everybody’s disappointment, this day never comes. Instead XIAONAN announces he is going to get married one day. It suddenly dawns on XIAOMI that she is really going to lose XIAONAN once and for all. In the last resort, she…

SOURCE : 生日快樂

生日快樂

生日快樂

生日快樂

Guest Rainie_Days

This movie sounds really good, I like the synopsis...

Haven't really seen a Hong Kong movie in a while, the last one I saw was probably Drink Drank Drunk, haha, old I know.

Guest dadedum

Louis is too hot for words, but he sometimes overdoes his tanning ;). I read somewhere that the plot of the movie was rather: ***Louis and Rene are ex-lovers. After they break up, Louis would send Rene a birthday card each year. She eventually learned that Louis had in fact passed away some time after their breakup and that he instructed his sister to send the card for him...*** The plot sounds a bit morose and cliche for my taste, and coming from the director of "Fly me to Polaris", this would surely be a tearjerker. However as I haven't seen a melodrama in a while, I'll probably give this a try:D.

I'm also looking forward to his other movie with Andy Lau and Daniel Wu called Protege (門徒) in which he plays a druggie, this will be shown over the lunar new year in Feb.

32SKDVPA00B50003.jpg

this one is actually from a short story written by rene (if my memory doesnt fail me..)

the plot is cliche, but i know i am a sucker for it. ;)

and rene is a good actress. (louis is cute...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest heartdrops

I'm actually interested in watching this.

I'm waiting for the Cantonese version.. if there ever will be one.

Guest Wonderland

I watched this a few weeks back in cinema.

It was pretty good...I had no idea it was based on the short story that Rene(main asctress) wrote. I've been trying to hunt the short story down...I'm hoping it may even be better than the movie since I quite like her writing.

Anyway~ I pretty much enjoyed all three tearjerkers from this director...from Xing Yuan to Xin Dong and now this...=)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived