[drama 2006] Alone In Love 연애시대

Guest yeohweping

Guest samgirl

i want to watch this drama but seeing yeh jin crying .. maybe after sometime ill watch it, i dnt like sad sad series but since i like yeh jin i'll watch it too after all the drama line up am currently viewing. is this a good series?

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Syjfan

Dramaok :)...I felt the same way...I was having a hard time hating DJ...

I kept changing my mind so many times...so finally...I decided that I can't hate him anymore...hehe...regardless of what's going to happen next...hehe...

Episode 15 was happier like we wished...but I still cried at least 3 times...hehe...

I have to leave my house now...so I just post some important pictures first...

I'll continue with the rest when I get back :)

I couldn't decide if I should "show" them or not...so I just leave them as links...click if you want to smile...hehe...

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1508/bscap9391fj.jpg

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/7232/bscap9450zq.jpg

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/7905/bscap9478dh.jpg

These pictures was the 'something big and unexpected' in episode 15 I was referring to earlier. But this was after a lot agony and pain to EH, she was having a hard time dealing with DJ's marriage and when they finally hugged...the emotions displayed moved many TV viewers....

I also read that the final episode was filmed in EH's hometown and this raised the expectation of TV viewers of a happy ending between EH and DJ..

More clips on episode 15....try to watch it when nobody is around.... <_<

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-1.asf

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-2.asf

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-3.asf

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-4.asf

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-5.asf

Source: http://cafe.daum.net/LovesDay

Guest Syjfan

NAUGTHY SCRIPTWRITERS!!

What kind of friends would force an ex-wife to go sing during her ex-husband's wedding? ...

Feeling for EH was bad enough for audience...throw in DJ's pain and his memory of how he spent one night with Dong-ee amidst the tears and voice of the Queen of Melodrama...and you have lots of tears from audience...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Are you 'Alone in Love'?

Love is laborious.

Think about it. Just how many times did you ache over the loss of a loved one, feel defeated after numerous searches for the "right person" and vow never to fall in love again?

No wonder you are ready to cry out, "I give up on love! Just give me someone to marry." Here, marriage means gladly putting an end to this exhausting repetition, and swapping a posh Saturday night dinner for a laze in front of the television with a lifelong partner who won't care about your messy face and greasy hair. Perhaps love can come after the comfort.

However, SBS primetime drama "Alone in Love (Yeonaesidae)" tells you that marriage isn't the almighty solution. As a mere extension of love, one cannot handle marriage without first overcoming the cruel yet crucial steps of love.

Drawing many young men and women to the TV screens every Monday and Tuesday nights, the drama ended yesterday, successfully bringing up realistic issues on love and marriage.

The once-happily-married couple Dong-jin (Gam Woo-sung) and Eun-ho (Son Ye-jin) in the drama start the tiring process of love after divorce.

After losing a much expected baby, the couple fails to heal the wound together, choosing instead to separate before "they see the worst of each other."

But even a year and a half after their divorce, the two meet up in their favorite bakery for breakfasts, quarrel over trivial things like a married couple and eat dinner on their wedding anniversary with a free meal coupon provided by the hotel where they got married.

While wondering whether the lingering feelings are love, Dong-jin and Eun-ho are both too afraid to start over - and more afraid to end the relationship completely.

With neither brave enough to confront each other about the misunderstanding on the day Eun-ho had a stillborn baby, they are unable to move on. Although they had gone through marriage, they are no better in solving the problem than other lovers. Having "failed" once, love turns into fear.

Eun-ho constantly wonders to herself, "Where and when does love begin? Are they feelings of worry and longing love? If one loses sleep over the lingering face, is that love? If one's heart keeps on aching after a long time, was that love?"

"Alone in Love" was neither a light and sugary love story with pink balloons flying out of car trunks, nor a macroscopic analysis on the issue of love and marriage. Through dry monologues of the two main characters and realistic depictions of life, the drama placed the main characters in the vulnerable gap between the married and the unmarried.

As the two main characters approached love and marriage from separate views, the drama turned into viewers' own stories, even for those who had never married, divorced or ached over love before.

Directed by Han Ji-seung, who won the best director award at the 2001 Daejong Film Festival for the movie "Haru," and written by Park Yun-sun, who wrote the scenario for "My Tutor Friend (2003)," the drama proved that a solid plot and convincing narrative were the two most important conditions of a good drama.

Actor Gam and actress Son - currently the two most-wanted people in the local entertainment scene - also showed off the best of their acting skills already proven through several movies including "King and the Clown" and "April Snow," respectively.

For Eun-ho, love becomes simply too painful.

"Love hurts. At the beginning the hope hurts. After a while, the desire to know everything about him hurts, and when it ends, it hurts because love doesn't end at the same moment for the two people," she says to herself. "Nothing is sad or funny. I am neither angry nor happy. But when an unexpected sigh passes through my body, the small gap between the ribs aches with a penetrating chill."

Dong-jin, on the other hand, strives to move on.

For him, unraveling Eun-ho's misunderstanding about the day when she had a stillborn child - which he spent next to the dead baby - is meaningless as it will only deepen their wounds.

After meeting someone new, Dong-jin tries to justify his new romance by saying to himself, "Since when did I stop talking about my future hope? Growing up means losing hope and realizing that tomorrow won't be different from today. This is why grown ups love. Romance is like a naive hope that makes them wait for a different tomorrow with a fluttering heart."

Watching Dong-jin and Eun-ho hesitate and vacillate, many viewers wondered with frustration why the two main characters couldn't be more frank about their feelings. None the less, perhaps the frustration had been pointed toward themselves.

For many of those confused men and women out there, "Alone in Love" gave a valuable piece of advice. Hesitate, regret, stumble, collapse and do whatever else it takes. But although you can be "alone in love," only two can take it up to marriage.

(hayney@heraldm.com)

By Shin Hae-in

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00605240016.asp

Guest Syjfan

Need someone to help in translation.

What was DJ shouting at EH on the train before he hugged her?

Can't wait for the translation...grin.

I just learnt about the ending of the drama from reading a chinese website....many people are disappointed with the ending and I won't hint in this post unless you want to read the spoiler below.

I suggest you don't read the spoiler before you watched episode 13, 14 and 15.

I have been wanting to post this for a while and what is wrong with EH and DJ? The best way to heal themselves of the pain of Dong ee's death is actually to try to have another baby isn't it? This is the only logical way for two persons deeply in love with each other dealing with their situation. The joy of the newborn is the only way to effectively reduce their pain.

And this is the ending of the drama. They got back together. There were scenes showing EH and DJ with a little girl (presumably their own) and looked like EH is pregnant again too.

The victim seems to be YK now. After the marriage, YK realised DJ is still in love with EH. And she chose to leave for Australia. In fact...some viewers commented he got married partially hoping that EH could re-start her life. There were dialogues between EH and DJ in earlier episode and DJ told EH to forget about him. DJ suspected EH was not seeing anyone because of him. In episode 14, DJ told EH whilst waiting for a bus that how he wished they could both get started and re-married at the same time. But little did DJ know that his marriage with YK would lead EH to totally breakdown and let herself go...and DJ could not bear to see EH like this.

Some viewers were not happy because the drama gave in to popular demand and the ending is a bit too typical. Some viewers feel that if they didn't get together but maybe if YK met an accident and EH helped DJ to look after YK and DJ's daughter it would be perfect. Some viewers feel that a tragic ending would make sure this drama stays in the minds of viewers for many years. Of course, the romantics were perfectly happy with the ending...

Even more spoilers from episode 16!!!

DJ and EH....one of them asked to get back again...OMG!!

EH disguised her voice and called into her father's radio program again. She asked her father (who is not supposed to know her identity) "I am in love with a married man, I miss him every day, everytime I think of him, my heart aches, and he wanted to be with me". (Is this a spoiler within a spoiler?) Her father's reply was a big surprise!!

Guest chlqls

does anyone have the ost to the drama??

ive been looking for it EVERYWHERE...T.T...

Thank you in advance!

---EDIT----

Found it, thank you anyway~

Can someone tell me what was written in the notes from EH to her sister before she left on her own in episode 15 and what was DJ shouting at EH on the train before he hugged her?

I just learnt about the ending of the drama from reading a chinese website....many people are disappointed with the ending and I won't hint in this post unless you want to read the spoiler below.

I suggest you don't read the spoiler before you watched episode 13, 14 and 15.

I have been wanting to post this for a while and what is wrong with EH and DJ? The best way to heal themselves of the pain of Dong ee's death is actually to try to have another baby isn't it? This is the only logical way for two persons deeply in love with each other dealing with their situation. The joy of the newborn is the only way to effectively reduce their pain.

And this is the ending of the drama. They got back together. There were scenes showing EH and DJ with a little girl (presumably their own) and looked like EH is pregnant again too.

Some viewers were not happy because the drama gave in to popular demand and the ending is a bit too typical. Some viewers feel that if they didn't get together but maybe if YK met an accident and EH helped DJ to look after YK and DJ's daughter it would be perfect. Some viewers feel that a tragic ending would make sure this drama stays in the minds of viewers for many years. Of course, the romantics were perfectly happy with the ending...

I must be a romantic.. i refused to continue watching this show until i found out what was going to happen to the leads :sweatingbullets:

Guest upikepik

Can anyone post up spoiler?? I'm afraid to watch, before I read all the spoiler, so I know what to expect..hehe :)

Guest Syjfan

Can anyone post up spoiler?? I'm afraid to watch, before I read all the spoiler, so I know what to expect..hehe :)

I seriously think....everyone should not read the spoliers for episode 16 unless you really cannot continue watching without knowing the ending.

The best solution is to download episode 13, 14, 15 and 16 and watch them all at one go when you have the time.

Once you know episode 16, then episode 13, 14 and 15 would not be that effective in building up to the climax....

Only under one condition I would encourage anyone to know the ending first...if you are medically depressed, the impact of episode 13, 14 and 15 maybe too great for you. :P:D:crazy:

:wacko: Oh dear, it's taking superhumanstrength not to highlight those spoilers...

Oh how I love this drama. --> just had to get that in

*ducking out of the thread now before temptation overtakes weak li'l me*

Guest mhugh

What was DJ shouting at EH on the train before he hugged her?

He just cried,

"What do you think you're doing?"

Or something to that effect.

Guest Syjfan

Just going off topic a bit here...I think the music director for this drama must be given an award. The background music is always hitting at the best possible musical notes which complement all the emotions of this drama. How I wish they have collected all the musical pieces in the drama in the OST.

http://user.chol.com/~kues1/dm/15-1-2.asf

To give an example....get an amateurish singer to sing with all her emotions, add in beautiful and sorrowful musical arrangement, throw in the memory of a man that blend perfectly with the singer's voice and music, mix them all up together and the result is a scene that should be used as a textbook topic in any respectable drama school.

I tried my best to get this out to you asap :)

Alone In Love Episode 15...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/78qko8

Syjfan...I was laughing reading your comment about the condition to proceed with the spoilers...hehe...

We're all waiting for sunshine after the rain. It will all be over today.

Guest Syjfan

I tried my best to get this out to you asap :)

Alone In Love Episode 15...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/78qko8

Thanks alot. I am downloading it!!! Cannot wait to watch it :D

I am going to re-watch from episode 1 again straight away after watching episode 16. This drama has so many details to love.

I must be a romantic.. i refused to continue watching this show until i found out what was going to happen to the leads :sweatingbullets:

well soulmate .me and blinkz was trying our best to get connected to watch the last esp BUT at the last minute when we were listening to the opening the entire connection went dead on us !! ...WAILS ! ..then..we waited ...and scout out the ending !!

..! they give u a completely very happy ending .! .but we dun know the details of how it reach that ending though haha ..but eun seo did make an appearnace .i heard ..

this is simply a very true gem of a drama that charms with its story ..and its cast ..should give it an applause for achieving that .

i also encourage everyone to watch the movie A DAY by the director ...! is quite a favoruite movie for me though it quite old .but very touching movie .. .i am glad the director still works magic in the drama scene .....

btw that scene in esp 13 when eun ho ask the sister to think about the if she can imagine hugging dr kong ahem in bed and that moment when that thought went into her head and her expression omg that was classic the two sister the reaction ! haha ........ahh but it did make me go so teary at the last few scenes .........what will the future me be thinking of the current me ..i do also wonder ..

Guest Syjfan

i want to watch this drama but seeing yeh jin crying .. maybe after sometime ill watch it, i dnt like sad sad series but since i like yeh jin i'll watch it too after all the drama line up am currently viewing. is this a good series?

"Directed by Han Ji-seung, who won the best director award at the 2001 Daejong Film Festival for the movie "Haru," and written by Park Yun-sun, who wrote the scenario for "My Tutor Friend (2003)," the drama proved that a solid plot and convincing narrative were the two most important conditions of a good drama.

Actor Gam and actress Son - currently the two most-wanted people in the local entertainment scene - also showed off the best of their acting skills already proven through several movies including "King and the Clown" and "April Snow," respectively. "

(hayney@heraldm.com)

By Shin Hae-in

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00605240016.asp

Like what this article said....add in best musical scores, lots of humour from supporting casts. This is one drama that the sum of all the factors of production is much greater than adding all of them up individually.

Guest chief

me too! i could not continue to watch before i know how will they end up ..

Archived