Admin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 29, 2019

Lee Jung-hyun Shares Candid Wedding Shots on Instagram

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2019042900802_0.jpg

Actress Lee Jung-hyun on Saturday posted star-studded pictures from her private wedding on Instagram.

Lee posted over a dozen pictures taken in the bride's waiting room with her guests -- mostly big names in the Korean showbiz world -- accompanied by thank-you messages.

They include actors Hwang Jung-min, Ko So-young, Kong Hyo-jin, Lee Min-jung, Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin, singers Baek Ji-young and Sandara Park and TV personality Park Kyung-lim.

Lee tied the knot with an orthopedist in Seoul on April 7. At the wedding, Park Kyung-lim served as master of ceremonies while Baek sang for the couple.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

October 8, 2019

CGV to Screen Classic South Korean Films Through October 27th.

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1108863.jpg

In recognition of the one hundreth anniversary of South Korea's film industry, CGV will be running screenings from October 14th to October 27th of various classic South Korean films. However, the films in question will skew toward more recent releases, namely major box office performers of recent years, and some of the more well-known titles from the Hallyu Wave period of the late nineties and early two thousands.

The box office section will feature "Haeundae", "The Thieves", "Miracle in Cell No.7", "The Admiral: Roaring Currents", "Veteran", "Train to Busan", "A Taxi Driver", "Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds", and "Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days". The melodrama section will include "The Contact", "Christmas in August", "Bungee Jumping of their Own", and "The Classic". The manly section will include "The Big Swindle", "The New World", "The Unjust", and "Inside Men".

Tickets for these movies will only cost six thousand won, half the price of a full priced ticket. Showtimes can be confirmed on CGV's homepage, and free tickets for regular movies will also be handed out to participants in the promotion.

Written by William Schwatz

October 11, 2019

Lee Jung Hyun Talks About How She Met Her Husband And Decision To Marry Him

Source: Soompi by S. Nam

Lee Jung Hyun Talks About How She Met Her Husband And Decision To Marry Him

In a recent interview with MyDaily, Lee Jung Hyun talked about her upcoming film “Love, Again, 2018” and how she met her husband!

“Love, Again, 2018” is a romantic comedy about married couple Sun Young (Lee Jung Hyun) and Hyun Woo (Kwon Sang Woo) and Hyun Woo’s old friend Sang Chul (Lee Jong Hyuk). Following the couple’s ceremony to commemorate their divorce, the barely separated pair gets tied up again once Sang Chul starts seeing Sun Young.

On April 7, Lee Jung Hyun tied the knot with an orthopedist who’s three years younger than her. Many stars attended her wedding ceremony, including Lee Byung Hun, Kim Min Jung, Park Kyung Lim, Baek Ji Young, Sung Yuri, Hwang Jung Min, Ko So Young, Yoo Ji Tae, Son Ye Jin, Uhm Ji Won, Oh Yoon Ah, Gong Hyo Jin, Sandara Park, Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun, iKON‘s Junhoe and Jinhwan, and more.

During the interview, Lee Jung Hyun talked about how she met her husband while filming “Love, Again, 2018.” She shared, “I really like babies, so I really wanted to get married, but I was getting older and there were less opportunities to meet men, so I had given up on marriage. I was of the mindset that I should just work hard on my career.”

She continued, “While working in this field, there aren’t many opportunities to date. I was also cautious about dating another celebrity. I went into filming for ‘Love, Again, 2018,’ and after meeting Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Jong Hyuk who are crazy about their kids, I got the feeling that I wanted to get married again.”

Lee Jung Hyun explained, “Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Jong Hyuk are very family-oriented. They can’t do anything against their wives, and they always send pictures of the park or place they visited with their family to the group chat. I was very jealous after seeing [the pictures]. I wished I had a family like that as well.”

On her marriage, Lee Jung Hyun said, “[We] developed romantic feelings while I was filming ‘Love, Again, 2018,’ and we held our wedding near the end of filming.”

The actress said, “I met my husband through a blind date. He’s such a nice and sincere person, I thought, ‘Ah, it would be nice to get married to this person.’ My husband was originally a big fan of me. He has all my albums from my first album.”

Finally, Lee Jung Hyun said, “I think it’s a fortune that I met my husband. I was thankful. It’s to the point where I wondered if there’s someone out there who likes me this much. I’m very thankful.” She added, “I really want children. We’re planning [to have children].”

Watch a teaser for Lee Jung Hyun’s upcoming film here!

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...

October 27, 2019

Lee Jung-hyun finally gets to laugh: ‘Love, Again’ is the actor’s first rom-com in her two decade career

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

27201920.jpg
Singer and actor Lee Jung-hyun, left, stars in the film “Love, Again,” a romantic comedy released Oct. 17. Lee is also known as a singer, having released multiple techno hits in the 1990s and early 2000s. [LITTLE BIG PICTURES, KTH]

Actor and singer Lee Jung-hyun has returned to the big screen with “Love, Again,” her first rom-com since her acting debut in 1996.

The film, released on Oct. 17, tells the hilarious story of the eccentric Sun-young (Lee), who demands an elaborate divorce ceremony with Hyun-woo (Kwon Sang-woo) when he asks for a divorce. Things get a bit complicated when Sun-young finds out that her new love interest Sang-chul (Lee Jong-hyuk) is the childhood friend of her ex-husband, however.

“The scenario doesn’t make sense in real life, who would want to go through a ‘divorce ceremony?’” Lee Jung-hyun said during an interview. “But I understood the situation a bit better when I began understanding Sun-young. I think she actually didn’t want a divorce, and just told Hyun-woo that she’ll agree to it only after a ceremony, not expecting him to actually go through with it.”

Although Lee exuded quirkiness and a cheerful energy in her music career, she’s never starred in a romantic comedy before. In fact, many of the projects she worked on were dark and heavy, including the revenge thriller “Alice in Earnestland” (2014) and her debut film “A Petal” (1996), which addressed the horrific 1980 Gwangju massacre.

“Like anyone else, I had a desire to try out various characters. But because I took on heavy roles, producers continued offering me similar characters. ‘Love, Again’ was a really refreshing opportunity for me. I said I would take it as soon as I read the screenplay.”

Perhaps nervous for her first rom-com, filming got off to a rocky start. But Lee said her colleagues helped ease her through with laughs and jokes.

“In the first scene, I was supposed to have a meal at a beef bone soup restaurant. But I was so tense that my hand that was holding the spoon was shaking. Kwon got really surprised, because the image he had about me from my music was like a techno female warrior. Actually, thanks to funny episodes like that, I could film comfortably.”

“Love, Again” was a special film for Lee in a very personal way as well - as fate would have it, the actor was able to find the man of her dreams while preparing for the film and tied the knot this past April.

“I actually really wanted to get married. But I had given up [searching] as I was getting old and had limited opportunities to meet people. It wasn’t as if I could upload my profile onto an online dating service.”

Lee met her husband of five months on a blind date through a mutual friend.

“I got really lucky,” Lee recalled. “I felt like if it was him, I could comfortably continue my acting career. He’s younger than me, and he was really anxious on the first date - it was cute. As it turned out, he and his father were big fans. They had all my CDs at home.”

As a well-known celebrity, keeping the relationship private before marriage was a difficult challenge. Lee had plenty of unexpected encounters with people who recognized her on her dates, but to her relief, no one pried into the matter and just gave her “a knowing look and gave [her] space.”

Children are definitely in her plans too, partially due to the influence of her “Love, Again” co-stars.

“Kang and Lee would upload pictures of taking their kids to the park, and that made me think that it would be nice to have a family of my own. I liked children before, but seeing Kang and Lee so happy made me want to have kids soon.”

When Lee’s not filming, she spends a lot of time at home engaged in some of her favorite hobbies - cooking and watching food channels. Cooking helps her relieve some stress and concentrate, she says. “If I focus on one thing, bad thoughts tend to go away. That’s why we need hobbies. Also there’s nothing that makes me happier than inviting my close colleagues over, cooking up something tasty and chatting.”

Having just wrapped up filming “The Peninsula,” director Yeon Sang-ho’s upcoming sequel to zombie blockbuster “Train to Busan” (2016), Lee’s now taking some time off and making plans for her next steps.

Releasing a new album is an option, Lee revealed.

Fans have been waiting a long time for Lee’s return. Her last single “V” was released in 2013, and it’s been nine years since her last full-length album. Lee is best remembered as a singer for her groundbreaking electronica hits like “Wa” from 1999, when she dressed up in ancient imperial and extra-terrestrial costumes and put on glamorous shows while popularizing many iconic dance moves.

Lee’s hits and music videos have actually been enjoying a resurgence recently, thanks to the popularity of the so-called Online Tapgol Park, a YouTube channel where broadcaster SBS streams music performances from the late 1990s and early 2000s. Being one of the hottest singers of the time, Lee is a recurring face in the channel.

“My husband and colleagues seem to like it, but I actually find them a bit embarrassing. I’m the only one with wings and murmuring alien languages. I think to myself ‘Why did I do that? I had a lot of energy.’”

“I haven’t retired from the music scene yet. I’m always thinking about [coming back]. I plan on sharing good songs with fans if I have the chance.”

BY CHO YEON-GYEONG [kim.eunjin1@joongang.co.kr]

• 4 months later...

February 28, 2020

Posters for popular S. Korean zombie film sequel unveiled

Park Sae-jin Reporter | AJU Business Daily

[Courtesy of NEW]
[Courtesy of NEW]

SEOUL -- A set of posters for "Peninsula," the sequel film of  "Train to Busan," revealed glimpses of a living hell infested with zombies.

The 2016 zombie film directed by Yeon Sang-ho garnered unexpected popularity at home for its unique story and special effects that brought the dead to life. It was the first zombie blockbuster in a country where zombie films were treated as B-rated cult movies.

[Courtesy of NEW]
[Courtesy of NEW]

NEW, the distributor of Peninsula, revealed two posters Friday and said the film will premier this summer. The sequel film depicts a story about a group of people striving to survive in South Korea, four years after the zombie outbreak depicted in Train to Busan. Peninsula will star Kang Dong-won, Lee Jung-hyun and Kwan Hae-hyo.

In 2016, NEW sold Train to Busan's remake rights to Gaumont, a French filmmaker that produced hit films such as Leon and Point Blank. 

• 1 month later...

April 2, 2020

Watch: Kang Dong Won And Lee Jung Hyun Struggle In Ruined Land Of Savage Humans And Hungry Zombies In “Peninsula” Trailer

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Watch: Kang Dong Won And Lee Jung Hyun Struggle In Ruined Land Of Savage Humans And Hungry Zombies In “Peninsula” Trailer

“Peninsula” has released its first trailer!

“Peninsula” is an action blockbuster by director Yeon Sang Ho. It takes place in Korea four years after the story in “Train to Busan” as the fight continues between those who survived in the land that is now in ruins.

The action-packed trailer gives a glimpse of the thrilling action and speedy plot development. It starts off with Kang Dong Won and a few other survivors as they carefully tread through a ruined city. He finds something suspicious and aims his gun at it. The glass clears up, and he steps back in horror when he realizes the case is full of zombies.

Something that may be worse than the starving zombies are the bloodthirsty humans. A group of men without shirts enter a fight cage as excited humans cheer for a battle. One man pushes a button, and zombies enter the arena. The helpless men run as they are no match for the zombies that became stronger and faster.

“Peninsula” is scheduled to be simultaneously released in Korea and other countries this summer.

Watch the trailer below!

Source (1)

:) Preview clip: Lee Jung Hyun's first appearance on Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant (episode 8, KBS) aired in December last year ~

coffee-machine.gif The English-subbed full episode with LJH's segment, starting at 24:44

April 7, 2020

Korean films expected to hit theaters in summer

By Choi Ji-won The Korea Herald

Though the ongoing coronavirus crisis has stopped the clock for most industries, some big players in the film scene are sticking to their original plans and preparing to release new works this summer.

In recent months, the local film industry has been struggling hard with the ongoing pandemic. Film productions have been postponed or halted. Numbers of cinemagoers have drastically dropped, hitting the lowest point in history, as people refrain from visiting public spaces.

Meanwhile, amid such a crisis, film producer and distributor Next Entertainment World released a teaser video last week for its upcoming zombie thriller “Peninsula,” confirming plans for a summer release. The sequel to director Yeon Sang-ho’s 2016 hit zombie film “Train to Busan,” “Peninsula” will be helmed by Yeon and stars top-tier actors Gang Dong-won and Lee Jung-hyun.

After the massive success of “Train to Busan,” followed by worldwide hit “Kingdom” series on Netflix, local zombie movies recently have been in the limelight, and “Peninsula” is now one of the most anticipated Korean films this year.

The sequel is expected to take place in the same universe as the original movie, picking up the story four years after the zombie apocalypse. The survivors are still fighting the zombies, who are now even faster and more powerful than before.

According to NEW, the blockbuster will be released in Korea and several other countries in the summer.

Spoiler

Musical film “Hero,” which depicts the events leading up to the death of Korean independence fighter Ahn Jung-geun, is also slated to open in the summer as scheduled.

The film, a remake of the popular musical theater piece of the same title, will be helmed by director Yoon Je-kyoon of “Ode to My Father” (2014) and “Tidal Wave” (2009).

“Hero” dramatizes the final year of Ahn’s life, during which he shoots Korea’s first resident governor as it is under Japanese colonial rule. The assassination occurred in Harbin Station in northern China on Oct. 26, 1909, and Ahn was executed in a Japanese prison in China on March 26 the following year.

According to the film’s distributor CJ Entertainment, it is being released this year in commemoration of the 110th anniversary of the activist’s death.

Actor Jung Sung-hwa from the original musical, who has played the historical icon since the show opened in 2009, takes up the role in the film as well. A veteran actor both on the stage screen, Jung was honored by the Korea Musical Awards in 2010 as best lead actor for his work in the musical.

Although the release schedule has not been confirmed yet, a few other blockbuster films with similar production budgets, around 20 billion won ($16.2 million), are looking toward summer debuts.

Sci-fi space movie “Victory,” featuring Song Joong-ki and Kim Tae-ri, is also expected to open in July or August. The producers are reportedly monitoring the virus situation before confirming a release date.

Action-crime film “Mogadishu” from star director Ryoo Seung-wan, featuring top actors Kim Yoon-seok and Jo In-sung, is also nearing the post-production stage. Shooting in Morocco fortunately wrapped up before the coronavirus outbreak started.

Major film company Showbox is also mulling when to release comedy-disaster flick “Sinkhole,” starring Cha Seung-won, Lee Kwang-soo and Kim Sung-kyun.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gifLee Jung Hyun's 2nd segment in Fun-Staurant episode 9

Lovely flowers, lovely actress 

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.9 Part 2 [SUB : ENG/2019.12.30]

Published on December 30, 2019 by KBS World

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gifLee Jung Hyun's 3rd segment in Fun-Staurant episode 10

Getting the public's feedback

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.10 Part 2 [SUB : ENG/2020.01.13]

Published on January 14, 2020 by KBS World

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gifLee Jung Hyun's 4th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 11

The Wife, The Actress, The Techno Queen

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.11 Part 2

Published on January 20, 2020 by KBS World

delivery.gif (Reposted from MJBH) Lee Jung Hyun making green onion kimchi for her BFFs. She's been appearing on the KBS cooking variety show called Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant. Such a surprise to see LJH at home, so effortlessly cooking a lot of dishes for her husband. After watching her in Beautiful Days eons ago, I'd always remember her as the bratty & spoilt Kim Saena (honestly, didn't realize that she was a popular teen singer back then since BD was my first Kdrama, so to speak) but LJH really has grown to be an award-winning actress and she is like a professional cook in the kitchen. It's quite an addicting show watching the celebrities competing in a cooking quest using Korean ingredients to prepare various dishes/snacks that will be launched and sold in convenience stores.

ljh_1.jpg

Spoiler

In Lee Jung Hyun's segment (starting at 8:40), watch Minjung & Byunghun mentioned at 18:12 - 18:22 and 18:56 - 19:59

LJH: Minjung-ah ~
MJ: Oh, hi Unnie!
Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you, too.
Others: Suh Minjung?
Oh, Rhee Minjung. (MJBH-LJH photo at wedding)
Hyojin sent ground chili pepper.
You got it too, didn't you?
Oh, that was good.
I had a lot left over, so I made green onion kimchi.
Really?
Dongbaek's ground chili pepper.
Wrap it around some meat and...
Right, it's delicious.
Minjung, you're a meat lover.
Thank you.
Share it with your husband.
Thank you.
He loves green onion kimchi, too.
Say hello to him for me.
He ate it with some hangover soup.
Really?

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gif Lee Jung Hyun's 5th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 13

The sweet po-caron & seafood pasta

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.13 Part 2

Published on February 4, 2020 by KBS World

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gif Lee Jung Hyun's 6th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 14

10 snacks and 6 chickens (feat. LJH's Bebi :lol:)

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.14 Part 1 [SUB : ENG/2020.02.10]

Published on February 10, 2020 by KBS World

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gif Lee Jung Hyun's 7th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 15

Tori Chocolate & Special Chicken Stew

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.15 Part 1 [SUB : ENG/2020.02.17]

Published on February 18, 2020 by KBS World

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gif Lee Jung Hyun's 8th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 16

Avocado Chicken Croquettes & Baek Zyoung

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.16 Part 1 [SUB : ENG/2020.02.24]

Published on February 25, 2020 by KBS World

Archived