Lee Jung Hyun 이정현

Admin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watermelon_slice_by_le_noodle.gif Lee Jung Hyun's 9th segment in Fun-Staurant episode 17

Tori, the sweet potato thief & the couple-mukbang

Stars' Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant | EP.17 Part 1 [SUB : ENG/2020.03.02]

Published on March 3, 2020 by KBS World

• 1 month later...

https://zapzee.net/2020/04/09/lee-jung-hyun-to-star-in-new-film-limit/

Lee Jung Hyun to Star in New Film ‘Limit’

By krishkim 

Actor Lee Jung Hyun has confirmed to star in a new film, Limit (literal translation), and will start filming this summer.

1CE946DF-3580-49B0-9738-483B8A334A92.jpg

Credit: Pine Tree Entertainment

Limit is a crime thriller that will present a strong and meticulous psychological narrative in which So Eun (Lee Jung Hyun), a police officer in the department of Living Safely (literal translation), chases and chased by the kidnapper.

Lee Jung Hyun won the Best Actress Award at the 36th Blue Dragon Film Awards for Alice In Earnestland and imprinted a strong presence through her appearances in ROARING CURRENTS and The Battleship Island. She also heralded an impressive performances through Peninsula this summer.

In Limit, she will play the role of So Eun, a police officer, who goes undercover on behalf of the parents whose child has been abducted and engages in a meticulous psychological warfare and struggle with the kidnapper.

In addition, Limit is based on a screenplay by the late Japanese best-selling author Hisashi Nozawa, who is known for writing the original work of drama Alone In Love, starring Son Ye Jin and Kam Woo Sung.

Director Lee Seung Joon, who made a successful debut with the film The Spy: Undercover Operation, starring Moon So Ri and Seol Kyung Gu, will direct the film.

Source (1)

• 4 weeks later...

OSEN | 2020. 06. 16.

Lee Jung Hyun: "I think 'Peninsula' is even better than 'Train to Busan'"

E23C8B06-41A5-426F-8019-34924A40FA06.jpg

Capable actors of many generations like Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Lee Re, Kwon Hae Hyo, etc. have gathered in the film "Peninsula".

The online showcase of the film "Peninsula" (director Yeon Sang Ho, distributor: NEW, producer: Red Peter Film) was held on the afternoon of June 16. At the event, director Yeon Sang Ho along with the cast including Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Lee Re, Kwon Hae Hyo, Kim Min Jae, Koo Kyo Hwan, Kim Do Yoon, and Lee Ye Won attended and shared stories about the film.

"Peninsula" is an action blockbuster. It revolves around the final survival of those left behind in the devastated land 4 years after the storyline of "Train to Busan" (2016). "Peninsula" has been officially invited to the 73rd Cannes Film Festival (2020).

Kang Dong Won shared his thoughts, "When I heard that this year's Cannes Film Festival wouldn't be held, I deeply regretted, but at the same time, I also felt happy that our film was picked." Director Yeon Sang Ho said, "Thank you very much. While filming for this movie, I dreamed of attending Cannes Film Festival. So I really appreciate that 'Peninsula' is selected." Earlier, director Yeon was twice invited to Cannes Film Festival with "Train to Busan" and "King of Pigs" (2011).

The preview of "Peninsula" has gained 10 million views even before the film's premiere. Foreign markets also show considerable interest in the sequel of "Train to Busan". With such positive news, Lee Jung Hyun shared, "I didn't expect that the film would be so well received. International viewers really like 'Train to Busan'. So, I would like to thank everyone for taking an interest in 'Peninsula'."

Kwon Hae Hyo, who plays an old man in the film, expressed, "Though we couldn't walk on the red carpet of Cannes, the viewers' attention for the film is even 'hotter' than the red carpet. I’m glad for this. I was all ears for the news from Cannes Film Festival, about everyone's reactions after filming, but now I can set my mind at rest. Nevertheless, I'm indeed under pressure."

When a reporter stated that Yeon Sang Ho created a Yeon-niverse, the director recalled the beginning of his film this time, "When arriving at a location that has become a wasteland and with the staff that searching the place with me, I thought, 'I can film in a desolate place after 'Train To Busan'. That seems to be the beginning of 'Peninsula'."

8635F4AF-EB37-48B8-BD07-C104960FF14F.jpg

"Peninsula revolves around character Jeong Suk (by Kang Dong Won), who is living in exile after struggling to escape an unprecedented disaster, along with other survivors who have received an irrefusable offer and decided to return to the peninsula, where everything has stopped and been abandoned by humans since the disaster. The group of Jeong Suk, who thought they easily achieved their goals, were pursued by zombies due to a minute of carelessness, and in an instant, they were all surrounded by walking deads present everywhere. Right at the moment when their lives are at stake as they could not stop or avoid the crowd of zombies, a car appeared in front of Jeong Suk and saved him. Afterward, Jeong Suk, who was just out of danger thanks to the help of an unexpected survivor, met up with the family of Min Jung (by Lee Jung Hyun).

Kang Dong Won shared, "After reading the script, I wanted to enter and see the world the director created. Maybe 'Peninsula' will become a movie with totally different vibes from 'Train to Busan', so I want to try expressing it fully." In this movie, the actor will play Jeong Suk, a former soldier. He added, "When being abroad, I video called the director and discussed the character."

Next, Lee Jung Hyun shared thoughts on her participation in the movie, "I've been a fan of director Yeon Sang Ho since 'Seoul Station'. I also excitedly watched 'Train To Busan' so many times in the cinema. I once doubted whether or not 'Peninsula' is more interesting than 'Train To Busan', but after I read the script, I found it really great. It's even better than 'Train To Busan'. When I came to the set, I realized that zombies' running speed got evidently faster within 4 years. I was extremely interested in the movie and acted with an excited mood." Lee Jung Hyun played Min Jung who lives in the place where becomes a wasteland. Meanwhile, child actors Lee Re and Lee Ye Won will play her daughters.

4623C7B5-1BCF-4C9C-AFC1-81D31FC77529.png

Child actor Lee Re also shared the reason for participating in the movie, "Because I trust director Yeon Sang Ho. I also want to try it out as the role this time is quite strong and different from my previous characters." Kwon Hae Hyo also said, "I would do anything as long as I'm capable of doing it. There was 'Seoul Station' before 'Train To Busan', so many people are curious about what the story would be like after 'Train To Busan'. Right at the time, I was extremely happy when receiving contact from the director. Earlier, I once had the honor to work with him in the movie 'The Fake'."

Kim Min Jae also confessed, "I really 'fall' for the director's directing skills. When I see the direction of my life is becoming wobbly, indefinite, the director gives me advice. It was really difficult for the director to had to directly show us how to act, but even in the situation where he could be judged by everyone, he actively expressed his world view. That's why I 'fall' for him."

Koo Kyo Hwan also said, “I’ve been a fan of the director since he still made short films. I secretly waited for him to make contact. One day, he suddenly got in touch with me, which I thought he was playing a prank on me. It was miraculous. After watching ‘Train to Busan’, I didn’t know that there would be a day that I appear here. It is amazing that this comes true.”

Kim Do Yoon confided, "When reading the script, I felt that 'No matter whether I'm joining this movie or not, I will still become a fan of it.' I also thought that standing in the shoes of an actor, if I could not act in this movie, I would be very frustrated and jealous. So I decided to join in."

Spoiler

CA5D541A-3077-4950-9F3A-28C579145708.png

Kang Dong Won revealed that he struggled every time he filmed action scenes with the walking dead. The actor talked about the shooting process, "The problem does not lie in the chemistry with co-stars, but because zombies keep running wild. I hold a gun while the zombies keep pressing their heads so it is really tiring to film such scenes." Hearing that, director Yeon Sang Ho happily promoted him, "Kang Dong Won is excellent at action scenes. Even the camera director must praise him for doing well during the filming."

Playing Min Jung in the film, Lee Jung Hyun recounted the filming time of the movie, "Every actor wanted to play Min Jung, so I'm glad that I got to play this character. The director only focused on filming the essential scenes. Although I only made simple moves, the director made the scenes become vivid and lively. I didn't sustain any injury when filming because the filming process was really comfortable." This is the first time Lee Jung Hyun acts in an action film since his debut.

Director Yeon Sang Ho recalled, “Right from the beginning, I had wanted to cast Lee Jung Hyun as Min Jung. Lee Jung Hyun once transformed into a mermaid in an MV. But when I saw her as a mermaid eating raw fish salad, I came to the conclusion that Korea’s warrior woman would be no other than Lee Jung Hyun.”

"Peninsula" will premiere in July.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra / purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = Online showcase, provided by NEW
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Archived