Lee Jung Hyun 이정현

Admin

August 2, 2014
“Roaring Currents,” Starring Choi Min Shik and Ryu Seung Ryong, Sets Box Office Historyhttp://www.soompi.com/2014/08/02/roaring-currents-starring-choi-min-shik-and-ryu-seung-ryong-sets-box-office-history/

The movie, “Roaring Currents,” has been obliterating the Korean box office records for the past four days, essentially rewriting its history. On August 1, it set the record of having over one million viewers—two days after it had been released.
According to the box office records kept by the Korean Film Council, “Roaring Currents” had 1,228,751 viewers on August 2 alone. The cumulative number of viewers since its release is 3,505,426 viewers. These are the statistics that were recorded a mere four days after its release.
Having more than a million viewers in one day is the first time in history. The movie that was close to this was “Transformers 3” in 2011, where they gathered 956,500 viewers in a day. In present day 2014, “Roaring Currents” gathered 272,251 more viewers than that.
Not only are they setting the highest viewership rates, they are also breaking their own record day after day. On the day of its release, its record was at 682,845 viewers, which already surpassed the existing record. Then, the number of viewers per day consistently increased—first to 704,956, then to 866,374 and finally to 1,228,751.
Currently, they hold the title of fastest achievement of 1 million viewers (37 hours), fastest achievement of 2 million viewers (3 days after release), and fastest achievement of 3 million viewers (4 days after release). The cumulative total as of August 2 is more than 3.5 million viewers, which means that 4 million is just around the corner.
 “Roaring Currents” takes place in the year 1597, when General Lee Soon Shin defeated 330 enemy ships with only 12 of his own. Viewers have commented that not only was this move historically accurate, but was also entertaining due to its vivid portrayal of the battle in the seas. Actor Choi Min Shik received compliments on his perfect portrayal of General Lee Soon Shin, a character is filled with grief and dilemmas from witnessing the king’s abandonment of the seas, and the consequent accumulation of fear and uncertainty in his citizens as well as Joseon itself. Also starring in this movie are Ryu Seung Ryong, Lee Jung Hyun, Jin Goo, and Noh Min Woo among others.
Meanwhile, second in box office on August 2 was “How to Train Your Dragon 2” with 211,402 viewers. In third was “Gundo” with 197,461 viewers. The cumulative number of viewers for this day was 4,300,878. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 4, 2014
Korean film 'Roaring Currents' tops 5 million viewers
Source: YonhapNews
SEOUL, Aug. 4 (Yonhap) -- A homegrown action film about a 16th-century Korean naval hero's astonishing victory against Japan surpassed the 5 million viewer mark on Monday, the movie's investor-distributor said.
"Roaring Currents" exceeded the milestone at about 9:30 a.m. Monday, the sixth day since opening, CJ Entertainment said.
This was four days faster than a record shared by "Snowpiercer" (2013), "The Face Reader" (2013), "Iron Man 3" (2013) and "The Thieves" (2012).
Released on Wednesday, "Roaring Currents" has set various records in local box-office history, becoming the most-attended movie on an opening day, on a business day and on a single day. It also passed the 2 million, 3 million and 4 million marks in the fastest time in history.
The historical drama starring Choi Min-shik tells the story of Admiral Yi Sun-shin's astonishing victory against Japan in the Myeongnyang Strait, near the southwestern island of Jindo, where he conquered over 300 Japanese ships with only 12 ships in 1597.
AEN20140804004700315_01_i.jpg

August 7, 2014
'Roaring Currents' Breaks All Box-Office Records
Source: The Chosun Ilbo
2014080701351_0.jpg
"Roaring Currents" is breaking every box-office record in Korea and has now drawn 7 million viewers in the shortest time in Korean film history, just eight days after it opened. 
It was released on July 30 and needed a full five days fewer than the previous record held by "The Host" (2006), "The Thieves" (2012) and "The Face Reader" (2013). 
It took "The Attorney" (2013) 18 days and "Avatar" (2009), "Miracle in Cell No. 7" (2013), and "Masquerade" (2012) 21 days. 
"Roaring Currents" centers on a naval battle in 1597, when Admiral Yi Sun-shin defeated 330 Japanese ships with just 12 vessels. 

August 11. 2014
Infographic Roaring Currents Runs Faster than Mega Hit FilmsThe comparison of the speed of Roaring Currents and those of the other films  by Lee Ji-hye KOBIZ
zbTZqoDQsdfkKUmEHgaF.pngRoaring Currents  ₩83,310,045,291The Thieves  ₩49,783,770,500The Host  ₩36,944,818,200Avatar  ₩36,854,573,000The Attorney  ₩35,471,886,500Haeundae  ₩34,296,985,000Miracle in Cell No.7  ₩30,119,217,979Masquerade  ₩24,699,190,769 Roaring Currents surpassed 10 million viewers in the Korean box office in 12 days. On August 10, the film attracted 10,226,042 viewers in total, joining the club of Korean films that attracted over ‘ten million viewers’ as the tenth member. Roaring Currents eclipsed the nine other films in speed in ticket sales as the film recorded over one million admissions on a weekday. The comparison of the speed of Roaring Currents and those of the other films shows how high its speed is.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Jung Hyun chooses Tao as her favorite EXO member
BwWvJ4VCcAElx1k.png

Veteran singer and actress Lee Jung Hyun chose Tao as her favorite EXO member on KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Relay'!
Lee Jung Hyun met up with 'Entertainment Relay' on the set of her photo shoot for the cover of 'K-Wave' magazine and spoke on the record-breaking success of her movie 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' in the box office, "It's a production that is such an honor for me to be a part of and it feels surreal. The director told me that my character didn't know how to do sign language from the beginning and ended up not being able to talk due to her tongue being cut off due to the Japanese military aggression. He told me to make up a sign language that the viewers would be able to understand. I studied a lot so that the viewers would be able to understand [my character] well."
When also asked who she would like to recommend as the next cover models for the magazine, she replied, "They're already big stars, but it's EXO." When asked if there is a member she is fond of, she chose Tao.
leejunghyuntao.jpg
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/lee-jung-hyun-chooses-tao-as-her-favorite-exo-member

• 4 weeks later...

September 26, 2014
Lee Jung-hyun denies dating director
By Lee Sung-eun INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

25769789.jpg
Singer-actress Lee Jung-hyun denied rumors that she is dating Kim Han-min, the executive director of “The Admiral: Roaring Currents” (2014), after news speculating that they are in a romantic relationship spread on the Internet yesterday morning. 
Lee wrote on her personal Twitter account yesterday afternoon that it is “groundless” to think she and Kim, someone who she likens to her “father,” are dating. 
Lee is 34 and Kim is 44. 
Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, quoted an insider from Big Stone Pictures, the production company behind “Roaring Currents,” who confirmed that Lee and Kim are not in a romantic relationship and that Kim laughed when he read the false news articles.
Lee played a supporting role in “Roaring Currents,” a local blockbuster that received more than 17 million views. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

December 16, 2014
Lee Jung Hyun Confirms for 'Infinity Challenge' to Perform Two of Her Hit Songs
Newsen Hwang Hye Jin  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Lee Jung Hyun will be appearing in MBC′s Infinity Challenge ′Saturday, Saturday is for Singers′ special. 
Lee Jung Hyun′s agency told Newsen on December 16, "After receiving a request from the staff of Infinity Challenge, Lee Jung Hyun decided to participate in the ′S.S.S′ special." 
83271002.jpg
"As her drama filming is currently going on, we tuned her schedules ahead of the concert," said the agency. "She will be performing Wa and Joolae (Give You). 

The ′S.S.S,′ which will be Infinity Challenge′s end of the year concert, will spotlight the return of singers from the 90s, which is also called the renaissance of Korean music. Lee Jung Hyun, as well as Uhm Jung Hwa, S.E.S′ Bada and Shoo, Jo Sung MO, Kim Jong Kook, Kim Hyun Jung, Jinusean, Cool′s Lee Jae Hoon and Kim Sung Soo, and more, will be performing. Seo Taiji′s appearance is still in discussion.
′S.S.S′ will take place on December 18 at the MBC Dream Center in Ilsan. 
Photo Credit: Newsen

December 21, 2014
Lee Jung Hyun's appearance on 'Infinite Challenge' becoming a hot issue
Source: STARN News
20141221083622_549607f61a879_1.jpg
On December 20th, singer Lee Jung Hyun made a special appearance on channel MBC's 'Infinite Challenge.'
Lee Jung Hyun met up with the members, and she brought out a hand fan, which she used to hold when performing her more representative hit of all time, 'Wa,' many years ago.
The members were very surprised to see her still keeping the fan, and Lee Jung Hyun said, "I always perform 'Wa' in China," and talked about various performance suggestions that she prepared before coming to the recording.
Meanwhile, Lee Jung Hyun surprised all of the members with an unchanged look.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

December 31, 2014
Woman Crush Wednesday: “Beautiful Days’” Kim Yon Soo
By akinahana89 l soompi.com
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
2001 was a year that I can’t really recall in detail, but I do remember one thing in particular; it brought me one of my all-time favorite dramas. Even after fourteen years, “Beautiful Days” still ranks incredibly high on my list, out of the hundreds of dramas I’ve seen, and it’s one where I re-watch often.
There are family secrets, terminal illnesses, and old drama clichés aplenty, but it’s also heartrending and, true to its title, beautiful in so many ways. “Beautiful Days” also had one of the largest script changes to ever occur to date, where the intended male lead took a backseat early on in the drama and allowed the original second lead to gloriously shine due to viewers’ demand.
As if that wasn’t already enough of a fanservice, the ending was also completely changed to suit the viewers as well, bringing a sweet, happily ever after for our OTP when our female lead walks the road of recovery, rather than succumbing to her disease. I would be the first to admit that, had it not been for these wondrous changes, I probably would have hated the drama, so I always re-watch with appreciation and gratitude.
But beyond that, “Beautiful Days” also gifted me with something else and that’s Kim Yon Soo, our beloved female lead. She absolutely sizzled with the love of her life, Lee Min Chul, and provided so many reasons as to why she’s Woman Crush Wednesday worthy. I can’t wait to gush about her, so let’s get started, shall we? (Spoilers ahead!)
1. Kim Yon Soo stands her ground.

WCW_KimYonSoo_Ground-540x540.jpg

She’s usually soft-spoken, introverted, and a little shy, but anger her or push her buttons on an issue she has a strong opinion about and Kim Yon Soo won’t back down so easily. When she’s suddenly thrust with the responsibility of caring (or baby-sitting, as the case may be) for an immature, temper tantrum throwing, and bratty teenager, who hates her guts, but also happens to be her boss’ younger sister, it wasn’t an easy situation for Kim Yon Soo to adapt to; however, she pulls off her authority with a surprising fierceness and gets the job done well. As if that didn’t already portray her versatility, Kim Yon Soo worked even more of her magic on Lee Min Ji by transforming her ill tempered behavior into a cheery and classy attitude. Lee Min Ji even came to love and respect her completely, which is probably a miracle in and of itself.
Kim Yon Soo also knows to speak up in matters related to romance and relationships. She speaks her mind and isn’t afraid to lash out at Lee Min Chul when he’s being illogical. She has pride and dignity, refusing to let others look down upon or humiliate her. Their opposite personalities make them the perfect match like yin and yang; Kim Yon Soo is soft with a hidden firmness while Lee Min Chul is cool on the exterior, but with a secret vulnerability that only Kim Yon Soo can see.
2. She’s most loyal to her family – even if they aren’t blood related.
Spoiler:imageKim Sena, Kim Yon Soo’s younger sister from the orphanage, had a really nasty attitude for the majority of the drama, especially towards her older sister. Despite the way she lashed out and hated Kim Yon Soo over a misunderstanding, even going so far as attempting to emotionally hurt her, Kim Yon Soo never held it against her. When she was receiving the brunt of Kim Sena’s negativity, Kim Yon Soo only felt even more pity and sorrow towards her, because she was able to understand the difficulties her younger sister was internally struggling with. Having grown up in an orphanage together, Kim Yon Soo held a deeper understanding of Kim Sena’s complexity compared to other people. Truthfully speaking, if Kim Sena had been my younger sister, I would have just left her alone as she so desperately seemed to want, but Kim Yon Soo was determined to win her over and rekindle their family relations. In the end, Kim Yon Soo is, of course, successful in becoming close with her again, even without having cleared up the misunderstanding from so many years ago. I think she’s truly a miracle worker.
3. Kim Yon Soo has dreams.
She has ambitions and she doesn’t let anything hinder her from the path she wants to take. It may have taken her seven years and counting of on-and-off college to get to the point where she becomes eligible to teach art, but Kim Yon Soo got there through her will and perseverance. Her financial difficulties, impossible as it may seem to escape from, didn’t deter her from attempting to achieve her dreams. Even when she had to use up her entire savings for Kim Sena, Kim Yon Soo still didn’t give up her dreams. She only became more determined to work harder in order to earn back that money to pay for tuition and continue pursing what it is she wants to do with her life. Her passion for the arts is clear and it is that same apparent love that allowed Lee Min Ji to embrace her own artistic talents and to find a new sense of joy from doing what it is she loves. This is also indirectly related to Kim Yon Soo’s other dream, which is to have a warm and happy family. In the end, Kim Yon Soo accomplishes that too, simply by spreading her love and joy to those around her.
4. She’s strong in the face of hardships.
Spoiler:This time, I’m not talking about Kim Yon Soo’s financial difficulties. I’m talking about the sudden shocker she was dealt with at realizing she was sick. With something so serious, I imagine that a lot of people fall apart and while Kim Yon Soo had her moments of weakness, which were more than understandable, she didn’t stay down. She became courageous and fought her illness with everything she had. She had the will and desire to live, to love, and to survive and she sought to do just that. Through her own method of trial and error, Kim Yon Soo found what worked and didn’t work for her, coming to terms with the adjustments she had to make in her lifestyle. Although she initially chose not to “burden” Lee Min Chul, when everything was laid out in the open, she found a different kind of strength within herself because of him. She never allowed herself to become weak for long and always tried to face her situations with a strong, positive attitude.
5. She’s relatable.

WCW_KimYonSoo_Relatable-540x540.jpg

No matter what kind of situation she had to face and what kind of ordeals were thrown at her, Kim Yon Soo behaved and reacted in utterly normal and respectable ways – ways that everyone could understand and accept or would have done ourselves. She’s a perfectly average individual dealing with everyday obstacles that can happen to anyone else and the beauty of Kim Yon Soo and “Beautiful Days” is that inner strength and normalcy is portrayed with a heavy sense of motivational inspiration. Life is full of the unexpected, but also of miracles, and Kim Yon Soo, with each episode, proves that very fact. We have the ability to see ourselves within her just as she could see us all in herself because by being average and flawed and troubled and burdened, Kim Yon Soo is being human – so normally, so typically, so everyday human – that she is perfect and wonderful and beautiful. Kim Yon Soo is the epitome of “beautiful days” because she allows us to see that, yes, every single day can be and is beautiful.
So, how does Kim Yon Soo, our last Woman Crush Wednesday of 2014, rank on a scale of 1 to 10? Which aspect of her did you like the most? How about the least? How accurate did you find my reasoning? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to nomination your woman crushes for January’s Mystery Reveal! See you next week, Soompiers, and happy new year! May your 2015 be grand with endless possibilities, love, happiness, peace, and beautiful days!!

• 4 weeks later...

February 12, 2015
[bnt pictorial] Lee Jung Hyun, The Return Of The Barbie Doll
v7rsus54fxsyw2n447jqv90wxip3bfnw.jpg
[by Sora Ghim, photo by Kim Tae Oh] Numerous hit songs, weighty filmography, and always trying new things, she continues to work hard. Going back and forth between activities in China and Korea, this woman is back on the domestic stage after a long time. People cheer at the arrival of a cute Barbie doll and naturally move their bodies even without being told. 
Returning with an appearance on MBC 'Infinite Challenge's' 'Saturday Saturday Singer' and as a lead in a Korean drama, Lee Jung Hyun has been busy, but took the time for a pictorial. Going back and forth between China and Korea, she is the top singer and singer, showing her 18-years of experience on the shooting set.yoxlbtmkmun21q4wdlr329t07xir8vrw.jpg
8xka3qlmy67d164mf1r2nijrvne3pf8m.jpgThe first concept had a dreamy atmosphere. Wearing a navy blouse and gold accessories, she gave a feminine mood and made various poses and faces to match the concept. Following, the second concept had her in a white jacket, green knit and checkered pants for a formal, mannish look.

yayp48t6i1073nf5dw0ykvu71nmctg9i.jpgShe transformed into a loveable Barbie doll as in her hit song 'Give You,' wearing a pink knit and mini skirt, showing her bright and sweet charm.
axiuk4ghj9mt35lq2fyuglpwn1elpiiq.jpgLastly, she displayed a strong concept with a black look and smoky makeup. Saying it has been a while since her last pictorial, she would monitor herself continually and give ideas on the concepts, leading the shoot. 

In the following interview, she talked about the 'Saturday Saturday Singer' fever, saying “I’m very happy. I couldn’t believe it when ‘Give You’ and ‘Wa’ were on the music charts. It felt like I went back to the past so I am really thankful.”
g7csh2k28y09rk8mqt44cl702isdjnhp.jpgOn the big issue of her aegyo (cute charm), she stated, “I didn’t know it’ll become so big. I have to ask the people around me if I do have a lot of aegyo.”

She also shared stories that occurred during her Chinese activites saying, “In cases where I have performances in small cities in China, I have to change planes. Thanks to the sponsor, I usually ride in business class but once the plane was so full, I rode in economy. Of course, I’m thankful for that too and when I got on, I saw that everyone in business was my fan. Later a fan gave up their seat for me and my manager,” laughing as she recalled this memory.
Lee Jung Hyun chose G-Dragon as the artist she wants to collaborate with. She revealed that after her movie ‘Alice in Faithful Land’ is released in May, she will start preparing for a new album in summer. Lee Jung Hyun has plans for an active 2015. (photo by bntnews DB)

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

The nominations are out for the 51st Baeksang Art Awards, with the ceremony scheduled for May 26th.
This movie got nominations in few categories as follow. All the best.
Best Film : The Admiral: Roaring CurrentsBest Actor : Choi Min Shik – The Admiral: Roaring CurrentsBest Supporting Actress : Lee Jung Hyun – The Admiral: Roaring Currents
http://koalasplayground.com/2015/04/26/nominations-are-out-for-the-51st-baeksang-art-awards/

• 2 months later...

July 6, 2015

BiFan Announces Bucheon Choice Jury Panels
10 Days Until 19th Edition Kicks Off

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

pbyuExvOIhxrEzlIqRiO.jpg

Ten days ahead of its opening ceremony on the 16th, the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival has revealed the members of this year’s Bucheon Choice juries, both for feature and short film.

The Bucheon Choice: Feature jury of the 19th BiFan will include Juvenile Offender (2012) and Alice in Earnestland actress LEE Jung-hyun, Volcano High (2001) director KIM Tae-kyun, Morbido Film Festival director Pablo Guisa Koestinger, Variety film critic and Sydney Film Festival programmer Richard Kuipers and documentarian Alexandre O. Philippe, of The Life and Times of Paul the Psychic Octopus (2012) fame.

LEE expressed her “desire to show audiences acting in diverse genres” and mentioned how honored she was to be taking part in this year’s jury. Meanwhile, director KIM said how pleased he was to continue his relationship with BiFan as a juror, which began when his film Volcano High screened there in 2002.

Making up the Bucheon Choice: Short jury will be Wide Awake (2007) director LEE Kyu-man, Javier Fernandez Cuarto, of the Ventana Sur Film Market and the genre film market Blood Window, and British actress Carlee Baker of The Woman (2011).

Following its opening night presentation of Antoine Bardou-Jacquet’s Moonwalkers, BiFan will carry on its 19th edition until the 26th, while its awards ceremony and the screening of KIM Hwi’s closing film The Chosen: Forbidden Cave will take place on the 24th.

• 3 weeks later...

July 25, 2015

[Photo] Lee Jung Hyun at closing ceremony of 'Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival'

On July 24th, actress Lee Jung Hyun attended closing ceremony of 'The 19th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival.'

A film called 'The Chosen: Forbidden Cave,' starring Kim Sung Kyun (played as Jin Myung), Kim Hye Sung (played as Ji Kwang), and Yoo Sun (played as Geum Joo), has been selected as the closing film of this year's Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival.

Meanwhile, a special promotion event will be held as a part of Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival on July 25th and 26th.

20150724183237_55b206353f7d7_1.jpg

July 29, 2015

Lee Jung Hyun chooses Son Ye Jin & Sandara Park as her closest friends

Lee Jung Hyun chose Son Ye Jin and Sandara Park as her closest friends.

On July 28th, Lee Jung Hyun appeared on MBC FM4U 'Park Kyung Lim's Two O'clock Date' as a special guest, and talked about his close friends.

While discussing about her friends, Lee Jung Hyun told that she meets actress Son Ye Jin and 2NE1's Sandara Park the most often.

Park Kyung Lim asked what she usually does with the two, and Lee Jung Hyun replied, "We talk about many different difficulties that we go through, and we also talk a lot about guys."

Meanwhile, Lee Jung Hyun talked about many different forms of difficulties that she had to go through during her career.

20150728151144_55b71d205f70a_1.jpg

July 31, 2015

Uhm Junghwa, Lee Junghyun, Sung Yoori- Porcelain Skin of 1990’s Stars

Source: BNTNews

rfqm8ces67sjuyb6131k4rkd7vknqg88.jpg

[by Kim Boram/ translated by You-bin Ha] Korea fell in love with the 1990’s mood. The modern world is losing analog sensibility but some hot stars of those days still have a great power on us. 1990’s songs played in the street resuscitate our good memories as well as our beloved stars of that period.

Some of them have kept their beauty as if they jumped time. With a porcelain-like white and clear skin, Uhm Junghwa, Lee Junghyun and Sung Yoori remind us of the good memories. 

1.    Uhm Junghwa

qxp0dcb6v2fk55oc7rgl8vh7uknyfx4w.jpg

For her, age is just a number. Free from space and time, she swept all 90’s music charts. But her charms keep growing since she shows her talents in different fields such as dramas, films and variety shows. 

Porcelain skin that means a toned flawless clear skin is the perfect word for her. Her glowing healthy skin proves the efforts that she put on it during all that time. 

2.    Lee Junghyun 

252bnsvtwsfwjc9cz3f1myln8j761otr.jpg

Lee Junghyun attracted lots of people’s attention with her doll-like appearance and preposterous concepts. Her powerful stages emphasized her charms by opposing her usual cute side. 

Even after more than 10 years, she kept her youth and the most noticeable point is definitely her clear and bright skin. With her doll-like appearance, her fans always find their old but pleasant emotions.

3.    Sung Yoori 

njlrf0cgo05p9ueyelouxfesl9t6j5jx.jpg

As a member of Fin.K.L, Sung Yoori is one of first generation idols and was the heartthrob of that period. With a pure charm and a white-milky skin, she was the perfect woman for every man. With time, Sung Yoori became more beautiful. 

Time seems to have stood still on her skin. Her glowing skin doesn’t shrink from comparison with celebrities in their twenties. With a steady self-management and makeup, you can also have this perfect complexion. 

August 4, 2015

Lee Jung Hyun at her new film premiere

On August 4th, Lee Jung Hyun attended media premiere for movie 'Alice In Earnestland,' which was held at CGV Wangsimni branch.

Actor Lee Jun Hyuk and director Ahn Guk Jin also attended the premiere with Lee Jung Hyun.

Meanwhile, 'Alice In Earnestland' is going to be officially released on August 13th.

20150804160843_55c064fbb0cfa_1.jpg

/Reporting by Lee Jun-Hyeun en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived