2007 Love In The City 2 [男才女貌2]

Guest Starylosophy

Guest Starylosophy

Kang Ta, Li Xuan

Love in the City 2

3adgsjb0rw0.jpg

Casts (from left to right): Wang Yu as Cheng Xuan (2nd female lead), Kang Ta as Zhang Wei Qi (1st male lead), Li Xuan as Song Min Zhen (1st female lead), Lu Jie Jun (2nd male lead)

Broadcast date: Tentatively at March 2007

Broadcast channel: China's CCTV

Produced by: Korea's production company - Eight Peaks (http://www.eightpeaks.co.kr/au_o.html), China's production company - Bei Da Xing Guang (http://www.pkustar.com/)

Other information: There will be a total of 20 episodes, 12 episodes will be filmed in Hang Zhou and 8 in Korea

Synopsis:

Zhang Wei Qi (Kang Ta) grew up in the city. When he was 7, he was accompanied by his father to a village for a vacation and got to knew a girl named Song Min Zhen (Li Xuan). They had a great time together during his stay there.

After 20 years, Wei Qi grew up to be a fine man and is the CEO of his family business. In people's eyes, he looks rather old-fashioned and is very square. He wakes up 6 in the morning everyday. He will take a bath after doing taichi (a kind of Chinese exercise) and goes to his office. He's very particular about work as he will not allow any mistakes. He knocks off at 8 in the evening and he eats packet lunch and dinner at work. He never entertains with his clients. His only recreation activity is playing snooker and reading books. After reading, he will go to bed at 11. And when dawn breaks, he will repeat his routine again. His granny is worried about his love life and thus tries to arrange meet-ups with girls but is always rejected by Wei Qi. His company was in financial difficulty because they were unable to sell off a stretch of villas built by them. Thus he had no choice but to initiate a reality TV show “The Bride Tomorrow” (direct translation) as a cover to promote his villas. Wei Qi's only condition is that he will not appear on the programme and disguise as a prop crew.

Min Zhen's dream was to become a teacher, but on her graduation day, she didn't attend the ceremony and had to rush back home because she received a call from her uncle's school as something bad has happened. Her uncle was a Chemistry teacher, and after he retired, he and his wife used their hard earned money to open a school for poor students. But one day, her uncle received a piece of news that they have to close down the school because the government is taking back that piece of land. Min Zhen's parents passed away when she was very small so she was brought up by her uncle and auntie which treated her like their own child. So to help her uncle and auntie, she decided to find out ways to earn money quickly. Her good friend/senior, Zhao Yan suggested her to participate in reality TV show “The Bride Tomorrow”. If she can get to the top three she could get 200k Yuan and if she wins the contest, she could get even more and also be a rich man's wife. But she didn't like the idea because she wants to be like Kim Sam Soon, to find someone that she really loves and does not want to give up on her dreams. So, she and the students made a pact that they will work for a year and use that money to build the school. If the money isn't enough, they will take 2 or even 3 years, till they have enough money. But when the other students were about to leave, she shouted “Wait.....”

The first round auditions for the show was over and there were 30 successful candidates. There were females of different professions from a zither musician, chef, novelist to models etc. Wei Qi disguises as a crew member, to be exact, the guy who helps to fix and carry props. Wei Qi never knew after he became Ah Xin (the name he called himself after being one of the prop crew), he will face a totally different life. Anyone like the producer, planners could just call him to do stuffs. It was then that he realize that his life was rather boring and so, he wanted to change his lifestyle. Min Zhen had decided to participate in the contest, but she missed the dateline. Her good friend, Zhao Yan, thought of an idea which is using the programme's needs to add in another special candidate. So Min Zhen will definitely face insults and pranks from the other 30 candidates for her entry. During the show, she walks over to the Ah Xin and says “Uncle, can I borrow a prop?” Wei Qi then thought to himself that the girl looks very kind but why does she call him an uncle. So after work when Wei Qi went back to his home, he kept looking into the mirror asking himself does he look that old. From that day onwards, Wei Qi hopes to see himself as more young, sunny a cheerful guy. During the show, Ah Xin saves Min Zhen from pranks made by the other contestants a few times. Both of them thus have good feelings of each other. Wei Qi slowly becomes more cheerful and looks younger as days go by. There was once, his stylist who he always trust, brought him new suits, but Wei Qi said they were too dull and boring so he asked him to take them back. Suddenly, a female staff of Wei Qi's company realized that their CEO is a young handsome man! At that time, Wei Qi couldn't pay attention during meetings and always wants to watch romantic films. He always looks forward to recording days and the dialogues between him and Min Zhen always rings in his head. He then thought, this should be love......

So Wei Qi flips dictionaries to find the meaning of love. But there isn't any dictionary who could tell him whether he was in love. But after a while, Wei Qi clearly knows: “His love has come”. Though Min Zhen does not have any talents she was able to get through to the last obstacle which she could be the top three candidates. But the day before the competition, she poured out her secrets to Ah Xin: I didn't what to take part in this show, it's because I needed the money to help my uncle to build his school. I really hate myself for being not truthful! At this time, Min Zhen's uncle called her and told her that they have a new land for his school. So Min Zhen withdrew the competition and went back to her hometown. After that, she came to know that an anonymous person donated the kids new track shoes and clothes and also a big some of money.

Min Zhen's withdrawal bothered Wei Qi a lot. But the show was initiated by him so therefore the show has to continue. He lost interest of the show, but as he is in the game, he has to choose a final winner which was “Cheng Xuan”. Cheng Xuan was from a rich family but she puts down her status and participated in the show. This seems to be very odd, but Wei Qi was troubled because of Zhen Yan's withdrawal so he didn't realize that Cheng Xuan is actually his granny's plot. Throughout the show, Cheng Xuan saw the interactions between Min Zhen and him so she knew if she doesn't get rid of her, she wouldn't win the competition. So Cheng Xuan bought a piece of land for Min Zhen's uncle school. In this way, Min Zhen has no reason to stay in the competition. Since Wei Qi chose Cheng Xuan they will need to discuss about their marriage. But Wei Qi wasn't happy at all. Cheng Xuan liked Wei Qi all along since she was young, so she really wants to marry him. Wei Qi has long forgotten the younger Cheng Xuan he knew when he was small so he never thought that in all the contestants, there's one person who already knew his actual identity. Wei Qi thus felt very bad because he didn't love Cheng Xuan. He tried to talk around Cheng Xuan telling her that he will make up anything for her. But Cheng Xuan didn't want anything but Wei Qi. The day before marriage, Cheng Xuan even invited Min Zhen to be her bridesmaid. Wei Qi didn't want Min Zhen to know his actual identity so he didn't like the idea at all, but he couldn't blame Cheng Xuan because she didn't know anything too. It was when Cheng Xuan was starting to plan the marriage and putting up younger photos of themselves that Wei Qi remembers that he knew Cheng Xuan when he was small.

When Wei Qi knew everything, he was very angry and called off the wedding. He decided to go use the overseas trip to Seoul as an opportunity to plan his life again. Cheng Xuan was filled with hatred when the wedding was called off and decided to tell Min Zhen Wei Qi's real identity. But upon finding her, she found out that Min Zhen represented China to attend a China-Korea teaching seminar. Cheng Xuan immediately turned back but was knocked down by Min Zhen's uncle adopted son car. In the airplane, Min Zhen coincidentally met Wei Qi who was afraid of heights. They agreed to meet in Seoul after two days. In Seoul, their love blossomed and Wei Qi affirms that he loves Min Zhen! When Wei Qi wants to confess his love for her, Cheng Xuan managed to find her first and told her about Wei Qi's lie (in a bad way). The appearance of Cheng Xuan caused many misunderstandings between Wei Qi and Min Zhen. Min Zhen then left Seoul sadly....…

When Wei Qi went back to China, he found Min Zhen's hometown and told her family that he really loves Min Zhen. Min Zhen's family loves Wei Qi's character and told him stories of Min Zhen when she was young. From the stories, he came to know that Min Zhen is the girl he met in the village when he was small. Min Zhen also understood the whole story and knew that the big sum of the school's monthly donation came from Wei Qi.

In the end, both of them affirmed each other's love and lived happily.

Source: AQX.com

Translated by: Starylosophy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Articles and clips

[LATEST] Preview of LITC2:

501796357_1c2bd88a8a_o.jpg

Download Here

Uploaded by: akirasung

MNet Wide 070206 - Kangta filming LITC2 Kissing Scene on Youtube:

- Click Here

Uploaded by: songjc

YTN Star Today 070206 - Kangta filming LITC2 Kissing Scene on Youtube:

- Click Here

Uploaded by: Starylosophy

YTN News 070205 - Kangta filming LITC2 on Youtube:

-

Uploaded by: xjy~

Love in the City 2 Press Conference clips on Youtube:

- Clip one

- Clip two

Uploaded by: Waiyee

Press conference interview with Kang Ta:

The first question asked if Kang Ta was paid alot of this role in the drama.

KT: I accepted this role not because of money, but because I like the role/story.

But the reporter wasn't pleased with the answer, so she asked him whether Korea or the China side got a higher sum of money.

KT: For money wise, Korea gets a higher portion of it, China's potential is much greater. It's going to be the future market so money does not really concern much.

Next question the reporter asked in so many provinces of China, which province does he think has the prettier girls?

KT: I've been to Gui Lin not long ago, and I felt that the girls are prettier there.

Reporter: What about actresses?

KT: When I watched movies in Korea, I felt that Cecilia Chung is pretty good.

Reporter: What about Korean female celebs?

KT: Korean girls? Actually, I like alot of korean actresses, in fact I like all of them.

Reporter: You must name one.

KT: I must name one?! If I say a name here today, when I go back to Korea, I'll sure be targeted quite badly. I get along well with many korean actresses, I'm afraid i'll offend them.

Lastly, the article mentioned that Magic Touch of Fate's (Kang Ta's previous Chinese drama) viewership ratings aren't that good, therefore KT is faced with stress.

KT: No matter if the viewership ratings are high or low, the actors/actresses are do play a part of it. Although I will still worry about the ratings while filming, but I'll still try to load the burden off, because for this drama, the scenaries at the filming sites are very beautiful and my friends will help to reduce stress.

Translated by: Starylosophy

Pictures from the drama

kt20070312.jpg

img34260ni5.jpg

img34261tu8.jpg

img34262vo5.jpg

nan3jx6.jpg

nan6vf6.jpg

nan5qg7.jpg

nan4le6.jpg

nan1mq8.jpg

nan2xf5.jpg

070126kt1jw7.jpg

p1060205oo2.jpg

p1060204gk3.jpg

060127_hotel_kt.jpg

Credits:KTF/Hyunynara

For more information of Kangta do visit his thread in Soompi: Click Here!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xjuicyy403

WOW. i wanna see this hahah. it sounds really good

kangta is so talented.....he can speak so many diff languages=)

thx for the sypnosis!

Guest Starylosophy

Nope explicit,

His voice will be dubbed in Chinese unfortunately. We fans do really hope to hear his real voice, but sigh that will not happen. :tears::tears:

Guest anrein

Wow! Great works Stary !

I'm 'moving' other pics of the Press conf & filming that here..

Other Press Conference pic:

4xu5.jpg

5zr4.jpg

img33523ph6.jpg

img33533xu7.jpg

At the filming location:

img33550yl7.jpg

credits: on pics/KTF/Hyunynara/JD/Aki/Stary

Guest BiTa Stone

Hellooooo.............

i'm here now..... :rolleyes:

my turn to give a thumbs up for my foxy gal........

stary ah......

thanks so much for your courage to start the engine going!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Glad to know this thread will be very update with your presence !! :rolleyes:

Aza Aza KangtaFighting!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I love this story.....i like Love In the City 1....so i presume this sequel will be good as well!!! :blush:

it's nothing new and the only reason i guess all of us will be watching is for our man!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for watch OURI Young UNCLE! XD

Cheer up, Thanks Stary for this room^^

sugao.....

i like how you call our man uncle!!!!

I wonder if they will dress him up as a nerd with those thick black frame glasses in the beginning...

am wondering how he looks as a handsome yet nerdy uncle!!! :rolleyes:

Wow, KangTa's in it! that's a nice surprise :)

^^ Hmm.....actually, for those who have been following his news, they won't be surprise

with him in a C-drama since he has been offered to appear in quite a lot of chinese shows..... :blush:

Guest BiTa Stone

Some info during the filming of Love:

Posted by shattered :

A fan account i read from cyworld~

==========================

When he reaches the hotel, he took photos with the hotel’s female CEO.

On the day he reaches hangzhou, he went tot the hotel’s restaurant to eat seafood.

He’s even “better” than tony, tony ate a Korean cuisine costing 8000, his seafood meal cost 9000 = =||

An’s family is really spendthrift.

Actaully when he came out from the hotel room, he can opt for a shorter route to the restaurant, and fans weren’t know that he had gone there. But he deliberately choose the longer route and walk one whole round from the hotel lobby to let us see and follow..

We’re so touched that we wanted to cry.. he really took care of our feelings.

From the lobby to the restaurant, the distance is very far. Even him, an chil hyun’s super fast legs also took 3minutes. So we were sighing all way.. xiaobai, you’re so good to us. T=T

food

the director took good care of him (director is a lady = =|||)

Starting the drama crew prepare the same food as others (including female lead 1, female lead 2, male lead 2) its all normal lunch boxes.

Obviously if he could eat that, he wouldn’t be called an chil hyun already = =||

So the crew helped him alone prepared another special delicate pretty lunchbox

Its really good food, compared to the others, its already very good.

In the end… he still don’t eat - -|||

Whenever its eating time, he will be drive by the “home car”(direct translation. I think its something like a van which have bed and kitchen blah blah) to eat steamboat and etc.

The hotel he lives in isn’t very convienent to buy fruits.

So the fans taxi to the market everyday to buy fruits for him to eat

Apple, pear, gapes, strawberries….

Everyday with something dfferent, so don’t worry ^^

A lot of time he took them over himself.. haha

lodging

don’t even have to worry about this, all drama crew lives in this motel, blah blah blah hotel.

When I first go there, I totally cant believe that a female lead actress can live in this type of place. People who went there will know, its too lousy, cant be compared with the small motels the fans live in.

As for mr. an, he stayed in Sophia’s paradise (direct translation, lol) , the hotel gave him the best room with the best view facing the lake. The view is great, and it’s all-free

The rooms there we had stay for a night before, the facilities can be compared to the 4,5 stars hotel in the cities

So you all don’t have to worry much

transport

whenever he went out, its either porsche or the extra long limo driving him around

inside the drama, both cars is his, CEO zhang’s cars.

Oh ya, he’s casted as a CEO, name zhang wei qi

The funny thing is, that extra long limo, have you seen rich man who afford to buy this type of cars to drive themselves? = =|||

No wonder the first time I saw him driving it, I feel so awkward

filming

I’m already speechless

The filming is really going too slow

All the fans were saying, this drama might just film till march next year

Our xiao bai isn’t really a professional actor, but his performance is already very good, male lead 2 can ng a shot with one phrase, “miss song min jin, you’ve come”, for 10 times

Most of the time, kangta just passed with one shot..

22nd to 23rd that night is a scene with female 2 forcing a kiss on him.

That’s the most ng scene I’ve seen, at least 20++ times!!

We stand in the cold downstairs watching him been kiss by that women again and again, lucky, its only to the face. T=T

Female 1 and female 2 till now have no contact with him other than the filming

Even the female 1 said, other than the script she never say anything to him

So, till now, the impression for female 1 is still okay, much better than the female 2 in magician drama

When filming outdoor scenes, its very cold, and he always wore very little, every time, when cut, he will shiver in coldness..

Breaks our heart to see him like this. Shivering his way back to the car… T=T..

Lucky till now, this type of scenes isn’t a lot..

This few days, he’s been filming though the nightss, he doesn’t look good…. But with make ups you cant spot the differences = =

Mentally, he’s quite good, still have the time and energy to go crazy = =

side notes

“home car” driver: why is he so irritating, whenever we met he will shi fu hao, shi fu xin kao le…. (shi fu is a more respectful name for drivers in china. so in english, he’s saying something like mr.chauffeur, good day, mr.chauffeur, you have a hard time today..) Always bowing 90degree bow, so irritated by him, I’ll always wave at him and say yes yes, can can… = =

Porsche’s driver even better, one time, the car never stopped at the front door, kinda far away, he opened the door himself and got down, but he forgot to close the door, the driver shouted, asking him to close the door, he really turn back and close the door, bow… = =

p.s: the drama crew call him lots of nicknames: wei ge, zhang zhong, zhong jing li (brother wei, CEO zhang, CEO)

the producer is the most interesting, called him: an~

another thing, there’s a guy from the hotel called xiao can he say he’s called “???”(an-eight-strong) is an qi xuan’s brother.

So funny..

And there’s this drama company person, called lee chun chang, he’s quite nice, just that love to give speech = =|||

He loves to gether fans to hear him saying speech. Everytime, he will talk about the same thing.. that he used to work for an jae wook for the last 7years

And everytime he says an qi xuan, he will say wrongly to an jae wook = =|||

So now we called him, an jae wook

That’s all, but the crew were saying jan 4th might be going to korea to film the rest of the drama, not very sure yet.

Guest BiTa Stone

More pics on Press conference:

img335212ed0.jpg

img33530ee9.jpg

img33531un1.jpg

img33532kj1.jpg

img33534ag4.jpg

img33535mf3.jpg

img33533xu7.jpg

img33536bp2.jpg

img33537hw6.jpg

img33538qj4.jpg

img33540wc1.jpg

20061225hz_drama_01.jpg

20061225hz_drama_02.jpg

Credit: KTF / Hyunynara

News Translation by Starylosophy

The first question asked if Kangta was paid quite alot of this role in the drama.

KT: I accepted this role not because of money, but because I like the role/story.

But the reporter wasn't pleased with the answer, so she asked him whether Korea or the China side got a higher sum of money.

KT: For money wise, Korea gets a higher portion of it, China's potential is much greater. It's going to be the future market so money does not really concern much.

Next question the reporter asked in so many provinces of China, which province does he think has the prettier girls?

KT: I've been to Gui Lin not long ago, and I felt that the girls are prettier there.

Reporter: What about actresses?

KT: When I watched movies in Korea, I felt Cecilia Chung is pretty good.

Reporter: What about Korean female celebs?

KT: Korean girls? Actually, I like alot of korean actresses, in fact I like all of them.

Reporter: You must name one.

KT: I must name one?! If I say a name here today, when I go back to Korea, I'll sure be targeted quite badly. I get along well with many korean actresses, I'm afraid i'll offend them.

Lastly, the article mentioned that Magic Touch's viewership ratings aren't that good, therefore KT is faced with stress.

KT: No matter if the viewership ratings are high or low, the actors/actresses are do play a part of it. Although I will still worry about the ratings while filming, but I'll still try to load the burden off, because for this drama, the scenaries at the filming sites are very beautiful and my friends will help to reduce stress.

More juicy accounts by stalking fans!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Posted by Starylosophy

I'm here to tell you girls about the fan accounts of his filming so far in China.

I've read the 23rd and 24th fan account from Baidu.

For those who can read chinese you could read the full post here: http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=157867149

I'm just going to sum up some important stuff because there's really alot!!

23rd Dec

KT went to a place called "Car city" (direct translation from mandarin) in Hangzhou to film his scenes. He was in a Porche when he arrived. He wore a white-greyish woolen top and a pair of jeans. When he stepped out of the car, he looked pretty serious, but later on he used his hands to cover his mouth. (The fan account said that perhaps he couldn't hide his happiness as there were so many fans haha). He went to film his scenes in there and the fans waited outside. After sometime, KT came out in a black shirt and grey suit. When he stepped out, the fans shouted "Waaa" because he was too handsome and he got a shock too. When they followed him, he was playing/using his cellphone as usual. At around 6pm, he finished filming in an luxurious office. He wore a white shirt inside and a black suit. They said he looks like a prince T_T

Later on, he went to have his dinner at some restaurant. When he stepped out of the car, he was in high spirits. He had his dinner rather quickly as he had to go back to Su Shan Hotel to continue filming. When he came out of the restaurant he was licking his mouth

The weather was pretty cold, so in the bus, he changed his clothings. He wore a white tee inside and a black jacket with a pair of jeans. While walking he was jumping and he also stopped halfway, perhaps after seeing many fans following him. That long limo is used for his drama. The scene he's going to film was that he's waiting for the female lead with his limo (I suppose). That scene took 5 takes. The make up artist was pretty good to him as she always helped him to put on his jacket, make his hair etc. As the weather was pretty cold, the fans keep seeing him blowing air

At the next scene, KT has to walk to the first female lead and say his lines. He did that scene alot of times. The fans say that he seems pretty cold as he only wore two layers. They saw his feet shivering (I think he was like stepping on the floor as it's cold) and he also turn around to look at his fans at the side. He also pouted and kept blowing air!! (Aww so cute lol )

Next, its a scene with the first and second female lead with KT. Its a scene where first female lead and KT gets into the limo. The first female lead had to retake the scene a few times and KT has to open and close the door many times as well. He leg was shivering and he kept pouting and blowing out air. They said he even danced!! (It wasn't too obvious but the fans noticed it).

After he finished filming, he had noodles for supper in his hotel room.

24th Dec

The fans from all over China including Sichuan, Shandong, Beijing and Shanghai came to Hangzhou to sing a song for KT. They all sat somewhere at the hall area waiting for him to come out of his hotel room. When he came out, they all screamed and starting singing "Moon Represents my Heart" for him. KT was suprised of course. He was smiling very sweetly while he heard them sing. He was wearing the black/purple checkered top with a grey tee inside and jeans. (The one aki posted at the previous page). While the fans were singing, KT wanted to clap along too, he looks very happy and his face turned red. After the fans finished singing, they said "Merry Christmas Kangta oppa, Saranghae!" with their arms on top of their heads making a heart sign. KT said that he's very happy that many fans came to see him, following him around is very tiring, if it's at a concert it will be better. He also mentioned that the process of filming is slower than expected. KT also wished them Happy New Year. When he went back, he gave his signature thumbs up sign to the fans there.

20061226coco09.jpg

20061226coco02.jpg

20061226coco08.jpg

20061226coco10.jpg

20061226coco06.jpg

credit:KTF

Guest sylver

JD, I knew I would find you in here...!!! :lol:

The drama sounded interesting. Reminded me of Spring Waltz when I read the beginning of the synopsis though I get such an uneasy vibe when looking at the pics of the actresses. :wacko:

Guest songjc

wow....stary, thanks for starting this thread. i believe this will be the second home of the foxy gals....it makes me excited!

well, we have another 3 months before the drama starts but i feel the excitement now. thanks again, stary and shatty, for all the translation. and of course, thanks to the foxy gals for the pictures.

Kangta Fighting!

Guest Shatt3red

I miss him! >v< They are starting filming in Seoul on 8th Jan! 3more days!!!! Cant wait! >v<

KANGTA FIGHTING! :w00t:

Btw, is it mention before? The director for this drama is the director for Silence, I kinda like it. :lol:

Guest ichigo_no_powder

lol what a safe answer. smart kang ta.

Guest fernsky

yooHOO~~~

yogi! yogi! im here, im here!! finally... haha~

it's paradise here, thank you for creating it!

stary girl GO GO!! ~~

Mr. Ahn HWAITING!!!~~ :lol:

JD, I knew I would find you in here...!!! :lol:

The drama sounded interesting. Reminded me of Spring Waltz when I read the beginning of the synopsis though I get such an uneasy vibe when looking at the pics of the actresses. :wacko:

LOL.... hello Ida! ^_^

Does it sound like Spring Waltz? I didnt watch that drama.

And yes.... I quite agree with you on the actresses part.

Archived