May Day 五月天

Guest xingjing

Guest xingjing

Place for some quality MayDay-ness.
maydayul5.gif

Credits to --expired. for the lovely banner.

THE BAND

Guan You

Date of Birth: 28 July 1973

Place of Birth: Miaoli, Taiwan

Instrument: Drums, Keyboards

Height/Weight: 178cm/60kg

MONSTER

Date of Birth: 28 November 1976

Place of Birth: Taipei, Taiwan

Instrument: Guitar

Role: Leader of Mayday

Height/Weight: 168cm/62kg

ASHIN

Date of Birth: 6 December 1975

Instrument: Vocals/Guitar

Height/Weight: 180cm/74kg

MASA

Date of Birth: 25 April 1977

Place of Birth: Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Instrument: Bass, Guitar, Piano, Harmonica

Height/Weight: 172cm/66kg

STONE

Date of Birth: 11 December 1976

Instrument: Guitar

Height/Weight: 172cm/67kg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobody knows

I LOVE MayDay

well, I can't say that. But when I was in Taiwan, I heard one of their songs on MTV and it was really wonderful<3

Guest azngurl0503

they just released a new album call Born To Love have any of you heard of it coz i don't want to buy it until i know if it's good

Guest xingjing

they just released a new album call Born To Love have any of you heard of it coz i don't want to buy it until i know if it's good

It is very good. Doesn't fall short of the May Day expectations at all. But I was looking up lyrics the other day and... are most of the songs not composed by Ah Xin but by some other member of May Day that I don't know about [since the only person I really know is May Day]... LOL.

Definitely an album worth your money! :]

Guest Rainie_Days

Only heard like one or two of their songs, if I remember correctly, I think one of them was called "Happy Birthday"...I like the lead singer... :D Shin is his name right? :mellow:

Guest nobody knows

dooooode the album is AWESOME

I downloaded it :x and the song that I've listened to least was

and I've only had it for like 1 or 2 days :x

Guest witchyangelkk

The new album has a ticket to their concert in Taiwan... Basically, anyone who buys their cd, can rock up to the concert because they dont believe in spending 100s of bucks just for concert tickets... they're sooo considerate ^ ^

And Ah Xin is one great lyrics writer... =D

Hmmm... classic Wu Yue Tian song has to be "Lian Ai -ing" ... ^^

Guest nobody knows

how kind<3

sucks that I'm not in Taiwan right now, and that my mom doesn't like MayDay because they look too feminine for her -___-

Guest xingjing

how kind<3

sucks that I'm not in Taiwan right now, and that my mom doesn't like MayDay because they look too feminine for her -___-

HAHA. That's hilarious. Actually, my mom doesn't know what they look like. But, apparently she likes some of their songs... but that's probably because I've stuck the CD into the car like every day and she gets used to it. Either way, she likes it. I think it was... 知足 [Zhi Zu]... I like that song. A lot. :]

Wow, the least is 47? O________O I just let my iTunes go on shuffle so I get some variety. But, yeah, I listened to 天使 [Angel] like a billion times at once because I couldn't get over it.

Ah Xin is really really talented. I think he should be more recognized.

Guest nobody knows

HAHA. That's hilarious. Actually, my mom doesn't know what they look like. But, apparently she likes some of their songs... but that's probably because I've stuck the CD into the car like every day and she gets used to it. Either way, she likes it. I think it was... 知足 [Zhi Zu]... I like that song. A lot. :]

Wow, the least is 47? O________O I just let my iTunes go on shuffle so I get some variety. But, yeah, I listened to 天使 [Angel] like a billion times at once because I couldn't get over it.

47. Yeah. Because.. I put it on repeat ;p but I choose a song every other time, I suppose. Highest 五月天 song is... 79 - 胎音

the lyrics.. haha.. I like singing along :x

Eh. My mom watches that show 大哥大. :P so they've been on it. She doesn't like any feminine looking guy (besides Jerry Yan from F4 ._.)

I made her listen to one of their CDs though. She says their songs are pretty good. Minus the appearance :x

Guest xingjing

Wait. 胎音? Doesn't it... not have lyrics? Or was that meant to be... ok, nevermind. Got it. :]

HAHA, that's hilarious. I don't know what my mom thinks of Jerry Yan. God, this so off-topic. LOL. But she apparently enjoyed Meteor Garden... LOL.

Yeah, she likes their songs too. Mmhm. Let's see... I also like 米老鼠, mmhm. That's a mighty nice song too! :]

Guest dOotsiez

mayday looks feminine? where does that put every other guy in the asian showbiz??? i'd say they're one of the most manly bands around (except for Shin)

Guest nobody knows

^she says the same thing for just about every artist I like. :|

Jerry Yan. I'm going to internet-impersonate my mom :)

"ZOMGGGGGGGGGGUAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S SO HOTTTTTTTTT (note she's my MOM) I NEED TO BUY POSTERS OF HIM!!! A LOOOOOOT!! JESSICA!! *turns to me* YOU HAVE POSTERS. GET ONE OF JERRYYYYYYY!! :wub: :wub: :wub: *overloard of :wub: s*

and in the end, she's afraid my dad will find out about her obsession, so no posters

instead, she secretly ordered a magazine of ONLY him, and has stashed it in her office desk :crazy:

why not the same for MayDay...?

OH, and I declared on my xanga that 恋爱ING is the HAPPIEST SONG EVER :]

Guest xingjing

^ LOL. That sounds like what I'll end up to be when I get older. xD Except maybe not with Jerry Yan. xD

恋爱ING is a very happy, cheerful song. It's like a sort of happy drug, isn't it? Every time I listen to it, I'm pretty sure I can get high/hyper. xD

I just checked my iTunes. The highest I got is like a 61 for number of times I played [haven't gone on iTunes as much as I should be but distractions distractions]... and that's for 花. Mmhm, another song I likey.

Actually, I just remembered. My mom has a strange obsession for actors [she watches a lot of Chinese dramas, er, dramas of any kind but she's not as caught up as I am on Korean dramas or Japanese dramas because, well, I secretly watch them. xD]. She's caught up in the "charismatic performances" of 孙洪雷 or however you spell his name. He's not good-looking at all, but she's practically in love with his acting.

My dad, on the other hand, is obsessed with 蒋芹芹 [probably spelled it wrong again]... she's his favorite actress.

Pretty much everybody in my household is obsessed. Well, I'm not too sure about my sister because she doesn't show too much of it. Hm.

Guest nobody knows

me and my mom are the only obsessed people :mellow: creepy, I'm on my mom's level

the highest in total for iTunes for me was...

but it wasn't a MayDay song :|

for MayDay, it's 98

(知足) I found the MV on youtube, and there wasn't a song title, which made it hard to find the mp3 x_X

Guest Patchwork Wings

I love mayday!!

I can't really understand tawainese, but their mandarin songs are amazing...their songs in general are amazing!

Guest xingjing

Dang. 1035? O______________O

Well, my numbers are so inferior to yours. xD

You know, a lot of their lyrics are a bit weird. For their new album. Cambrian period? Sheesh!

Oh at last there is a MayDay thread!!!! I was quite lazy to set it up though. haha

Anyways their new album is great...Wei ai Er Sheng(Born to Love). Its not their past music style of rock music but more to the softer side. The lyrics was great, everyone should read it.

Archived