You're Prettyish/you're Not Ugly

Guest girly_berry

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bluberri_oreo

;) Umm ... not that pretty, but you're definitely not ugly?!?

When people ask me if so and so is pretty, I don't exactly say "You're prettyish." I tell them you're sort of pretty, but nothing amazing or you're not pretty at all, but you're definitely not ugly! ~ :D I've seen uglier?!?

Guest Rainie

I guess you're prettyish = average or a little above average, and you're not ugly = average or a little below average. I've never heard of anybody use either of these phrases to anyone though.

Guest ichikawaii

haha it's not really a compliment. it's mroe of a hidden insult.

yup thats what it is

That's when you break out the big, corny smile and reply,

"Oh, thanks! You're pretty-ish, too!"

>;]

wow smart i will remember that next time haha :lol:

Guest blisskiss

i would think it depends on how they said it. context is everything.

for instance:

"well... you aren't ugly..." means not ugly, not very pretty.

"you aren't exactly ugly" in a certain tone can mean 'duh, you are very pretty and you probably know it.'

Guest clovermoi

Hmm anyway I sometimes use these phrases when a person has some nice features and some bad/average ones. I always cringe inside when I hear or use these things because it's like slipping on an insult into a compliment...like adding a "but..." after an apology. :crazy:

Guest ~Shelly~

It's a half-compliment when I say it... or it means I'm being fake-nice. Like if one of girl friends was expecting a compliment on their looks I say they're pretty-ish... Meaning I don't think they are, but I don't wanna be mean and say "you're hella ugly." When i get it I know what the true meaning is but t least this person was trying to be nice about it. I'd rather that then someone just coming out right and saying you're fugly. When I say a person is not ugly though, I mean to say they are not ugly but not pretty, just average. So like I wouldn't cringe in horror but they wouldn't turn my head in the streets either.

Guest Melyxcious

what the heck O__o you're "prettyish"?

...lmao that doesnt say anything at all - _ -''

oh well.. it's better than "You're not ugly"

:T

x.x;;

i ll just laugh if someone commented "you are not ugly" :lol: i would rather them not commenting at all...because saying "you are not ugly" is meaningless

im honest to myself, so i dont expect others to lie. im not darn ugly..nor am i raving beauty...im quite average with enough to look at.

Guest vantan

such a person is probably being fake nice. the ish at the end kind of takes away from the meaning of pretty.

whatever it means, don't take it to heart.

Guest pprMNTE

I doubt they intend to insult you, though. When they say you're "pretty...ish" they're probably trying to be nice and honest at the same time. Since they can't be both completely, they settle somewhere in the middle. Not really nice, not really honest--but a bit of both.

Archived