Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Risse

I hate the heat! I've been constantly laying on my bed with the fan blown in my face because it's too damn hot! If I move an inch, sweat begins to bead on my head. 

I've been wanting to get out of the house but it's too hot to get ready.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, surprised this thing is still going. :w00t:

Relatives are annoying. I know none of them who claim to know me as a faint blur in mind, do not acknowledge their status and have no reason to even see them, did not need them to bring me around the city (although the personal guided tour was a very nice gesture) yet a few more of them decided to amass together at lunch tomorrow. Who does that at lunchtime? There was ample time to plan a dinner tonight, which ended up being a total waste of time. 

I hate sitting there being treated like some dumb banana kid who is presumed to not understand anything. Oh I understand, if not the exact words the contextual is enough for me to dread spending any more time together. I hate the back-handed comments, the doing-it-for-my-sake nonsense (I'm not here alone only because someone else had to save face), and the retelling of useless stories that only a totally lifeless person would remember. What do Westerners do best? Not give a hoot about what others think and do what they want. Of all the stereotypes and assumptions, they missed this one and it will sting. They can celebrate my continued absence as I ditch them for a visit to the Forbidden City.

My forced obligation was only to see two of them for one day on my itinerary. Done. The rest are losers who drew the short draw. Mad? Who cares, I'm gone Thursday. Told you people I had plans already, albeit deceptive in regards to where I am really headed but nonetheless busy. Don't demand my presence without asking me if A ) I want to be there and B ) I care enough to drop everything else planned to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

I started a my job at the same time as three other people I talked to. One of them didn't care for it and didn't get hired, one of them is kissing richard simmons and getting a lot more hours than me, and the other one is about to get promoted. The last guy and I work the hardest, but I lost a chance at a promotion over some other guy's crap. I need another job.

lately I am feeling a bit off everytime I am with anyone else (guy friend(s) other than my boyfriend. Its almost as if I only want to spend time with my boyfriend most of the time mostly if at all possible. It is strange!

is it the feeling of being overly obsessed or just because I know I will be gone for 2 weeks so I am trying to see him a lot to make up of the 2 weeks that I will be gone and not see him

17 hours ago, odaesan said:

I started a my job at the same time as three other people I talked to. One of them didn't care for it and didn't get hired, one of them is kissing richard simmons and getting a lot more hours than me, and the other one is about to get promoted. The last guy and I work the hardest, but I lost a chance at a promotion over some other guy's crap. I need another job.

I feel the same.

The richard simmons that doesn't do richard simmons, probably got a terrible review got promoted. I can't because I'm the OHS rep.

Effff that noise

So I managed to retain my job. Got an assignment for 2 months and I'm halfway done.

How did I utilize my time? Not very well. I ask my boss daily/constantly for work, but haven't managed to get anything meaningful out of it. They're really under utilizing me. I don't turn down work but this has also made me very replaceable. I'm 80% sure my contract won't be renewed. I am not sure if I'm over looked tasks because 1) I'm a female (I work in a male dominated workplace, about 95% male, and in my field/discipline- I haven't even seen a female). 2) I'm new to this type of industry/work environment. 

as for reason 2 - I can understand why they won't give me more useful work for the first week. But come on...4 weeks have passed.

I have a feeling it's a mix of both. It really doesn't help the fact that one of the more senior managers (not my direct manager/supervisor) said/asked me to help out with serving lunch because I'm a female. I was utterly shocked by this reason. wtf. So I agreed because at that time, I was basically free - since they won't give me much work.

Afterwards, he assigns me a task....

and now he asks me why it wasn't done. Well...I explained to him. I was serving lunch. Yesh. Next time I'm going to tell him no, I'm not going to help him out, and guys shouldn't get a pass on this lunch duty. I didn't feel as if I could say no...but I think I better stand up for myself. There's really nothing to lose. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My rant of the day: Being an adult sucks so much. If college life wasn't bad enough, I have to deal with stupid people b/c I work retail. I'm amazed at how many inconsiderate shoppers there are out there, like pick up your damn s***, I'm not your maid. ^_^

Archived