Quantcast
Risse

Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Early-ish 20's, single for over a year, but in a city 5:1 guy to girl ratio. Why? The odds are good, but the goods are odd. lawl

Holiday season was like open season and I hated every moment of the hunt.

Writing my cover letter is a pain in the richard simmons right now. I'm really focusing on it and I'm pushing away all the retardedness going on around me to write it, but I keep losing my focus. Every time I have to write something, I keep thinking about changing the structure. This one's hard. It's not writing itself.

Edit: I saw a cover letter with self-praise through school work. I don't like it, but should I try it?

Edit 2: Why is richard simmons censored? What if I'm talking about donkeys?

Guest severus
4 hours ago, odaesan said:

Writing my cover letter is a pain in the richard simmons right now. I'm really focusing on it and I'm pushing away all the retardedness going on around me to write it, but I keep losing my focus. Every time I have to write something, I keep thinking about changing the structure. This one's hard. It's not writing itself.

Edit: I saw a cover letter with self-praise through school work. I don't like it, but should I try it?

Edit 2: Why is richard simmons censored? What if I'm talking about donkeys?

Dude it should take like 45-80 minutes max. 

1st block: which position and company you are applying for, why (blah blah about company culture that aligns with your values as an employee)

2nd block: key skills derived from work/school/volunteering/extracurriculars that you can apply to key responsibilities of role...people skills and ability to work on a team is usually #1

3rd block: track record of devotion to learning/achievement (last 4 terms of degree on dean's list, won blah blah competitions, taking blah blah designation/certification course) - not self praise - it tells people you are always dedicated, you have work ethic, you apply yourself, you set goals and achieve them 

4th: thank you, appreciate ur time, pls contact me by email (________) or phone (______) 

On 12/26/2015 at 4:49 PM, severus said:

Not even Christmas dinner yet and I want to stab my aunt. 

lol.

Not really a rant, but I learned today one of my prof for my department passed away so unexpectedly. It's sad, we never know what life will throw at us. Rip.

It looks like a 90s essay. I only have one term on the dean's list and one on the president's list. :(

I was talking about one that said that professors gave someone constant praise for classwork.

1 hour ago, severus said:

Dude it should take like 45-80 minutes max.

I want to have a good one. This is the second round and I missed out on the first one so this one has to be good. Thanks for the help. I need to figure out something for that award and achievement thing.

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

lol.

Not really a rant, but I learned today one of my prof for my department passed away so unexpectedly. It's sad, we never know what life will throw at us. Rip.

That's sad. I wonder if both my instructors who I asked letters of recommendation from are okay too. It's been like a week and there's not even acknowledgement.

forbes released their 30 under 30 for 2016... "friends" with three of them. two from high school and one because we worked in the same industry and lived in the same apartment complex. i don't really care for such public recognition but it would make for a nice humblebrag. 

I think you should be more self aware of your own actions before you go around calling somebody else selfish. You ain't richard simmons. 

14 hours ago, twaybl said:

forbes released their 30 under 30 for 2016... "friends" with three of them. two from high school and one because we worked in the same industry and lived in the same apartment complex. i don't really care for such public recognition but it would make for a nice humblebrag. 

That's caring for public recognition...

3 hours ago, halfmoonsmile said:

Vegans and their "I'm so much better because I'm a vegan" attitude. :rolleyes: Not that I mind vegan food. Some tastes delicious.

Yeah, being vegetarian is cool, but vegans suck. Vegan bread is nasty too.

One of my instructors finally replied.

Edit: I want to double-check my my grades but someone messed up the website and I don't have a transcript.

I'm just sayin' you could do better
And I'll start hatin', only if you make me.  

I think I'm addicted to 
talkin' about b*****s
That...we...almost...had

I don't think I'm conscious of making monsters
Outta the women that I sponsor 'til it

all. goes.  bad
But s**t it's all good

Talk to me please, don't have much to believe in
I need you right now, are you down to listen to me?
Too many drinks have been given to me  

I'm just sayin', you could do betterrr
Tell me have you heard that lately? 

:cry:

9 hours ago, odaesan said:

That's caring for public recognition...

hm... not really but i guess i can phrase it better. i don't have any desire to be on such a list but if i did end up on said list, i'm not going to pretend like it didn't happen. if that makes any sense at all. 

17 hours ago, twaybl said:

hm... not really but i guess i can phrase it better. i don't have any desire to be on such a list but if i did end up on said list, i'm not going to pretend like it didn't happen. if that makes any sense at all. 

So you care about public recognition but not quite as much as some people?

My damn phone is pissing me off. I can only use it on wi-fi and it just started vibrating like I was getting a call but nothing showed up.

I had a terrible feeling yesterday and for the remainder of today. It wasn't bad early in the day. It didn't help that all my thoughts were in disarray. 

Let me paint this picture for you baby.  

You spend your nights alone, And he never comes home, And everytime you call him, All you gets a busy tone, I heard you found out, That he's doing to you, What you did to me, Ain't that the way it goes, 

You cheated, girl
My heart bleeded, girl

So it goes without saying, That you left me feeling hurt

Just a classic case, a scenario.  
Tale as old as time

Girl, you got what you deserved

And now you want somebody
To cure the lonely nights
You wish you had somebody
That could come and make it right
But girl, I ain't somebody
I'm out of sympathy
See...

What goes around comes back around.  

On 1/5/2016 at 10:43 PM, rosierosie said:

I would've been shocked to walk into class the following day to hear news that the professor passed away. I'm sorry to hear about that. If he was a great teacher, I would've been p-ssed. 

Also, I just got into my first ever car accident. I was getting really anxious because the car behind me wouldn't stop beeping me and being an a-whole. When I thought the road was clear, I came out to make a left-turn and unrealizing it, a car zipped past me and I collided onto her side and scratched her vehicle. It was horrible. The other driver was really nice but I was still annoyed by the incident. My name isn't even issued under that car and I'm not insured for the vehicle either, which means my parents have to pay a HUGE sum for the crash. This whole day was just a mess. Know I can't blame that a-whole behind me, but if he would've understood the situation, I would've been a lot more cautious. Seriously, screw him. 

Shopping for a dress to wear to my bf' friend's wedding and suddenly I feel so FAT :(

need to lose some weight within a week !!! but my dietary habit have been super bad 

3 hours ago, juliaslife said:

I would've been shocked to walk into class the following day to hear news that the professor passed away. I'm sorry to hear about that. If he was a great teacher, I would've been p-ssed. 

Also, I just got into my first ever car accident. I was getting really anxious because the car behind me wouldn't stop beeping me and being an a-whole. When I thought the road was clear, I came out to make a left-turn and unrealizing it, a car zipped past me and I collided onto her side and scratched her vehicle. It was horrible. The other driver was really nice but I was still annoyed by the incident. My name isn't even issued under that car and I'm not insured for the vehicle either, which means my parents have to pay a HUGE sum for the crash. This whole day was just a mess. Know I can't blame that a-whole behind me, but if he would've understood the situation, I would've been a lot more cautious. Seriously, screw him. 

Right, but I heard the news from one of my prof that is a good friend of the prof that passed away. It's very sad because she is one of the best lecturer in her department and I took two of classes, which I enjoyed. Tailgaters and impatient drivers are the worst! Usually when I encounter someone like that I just like to slow down even more just to richard simmons them off more...lol I really have no gratitude for impatient drivers and drivers that drives like they're the richard simmons. Anywho, next time just do you and drive on your own pace (of course according to the speed limit) and you'll be fine. I learned very early on that if I care too much about annoying drivers like that then it just going to make me insane. 

I'm trying to plan a travel to Europe with a friend, she doesn't want to stay in hostels, she doesn't want to use airbnb, She said she tried hostels before and it is not comfortable, she is also afraid that it is dirty (bed bugs).  We dislike sharing rooms and bathrooms with other travelers... So,  I'll try to convince her to use airbnb.

20 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Right, but I heard the news from one of my prof that is a good friend of the prof that passed away. It's very sad because she is one of the best lecturer in her department and I took two of classes, which I enjoyed. Tailgaters and impatient drivers are the worst! Usually when I encounter someone like that I just like to slow down even more just to richard simmons them off more...lol I really have no gratitude for impatient drivers and drivers that drives like they're the richard simmons. Anywho, next time just do you and drive on your own pace (of course according to the speed limit) and you'll be fine. I learned very early on that if I care too much about annoying drivers like that then it just going to make me insane. 

It's really weird to hear news of people passing away, especially those so close to you. It gets more depressing when you start to think about your own parents. Just recently I heard news that a relative passed away at 50-something. My parents are 52 and their health isn't that great. I hoping soon enough, with enough scientific research, there'll be some magical elixir that expands longevity. 

And yeah, I am much like that too lol. When people intentionally tailgate me, I'll just start driving slowly to p-ss them off. I live in a pretty ghetto area, so nobody obeys any rules. I swear, every two weeks there's like 10-20 police cars zooming through the roads. People here never use turn signals, drive on lane separators, blast their music on, tailgate you with high beams at night, omg too much to name, it's enough to make you go crazy. Like seriously, who issues these people their licenses? They should be fired and these drivers should be reschooled for 4 years straight! 

I was reading some of my college papers today and I'm pissed off that they didn't hire college me. Unemployed me is not as good as college me. College me was impressive.