Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Risse

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, zantac_2 said:

^you dont need to go. now you can rub it in to us single plebs :). but well done, and god speed.

nah, rubbing it in isn't going to give me anymore happiness than my girlfriend does just by existing. plus a lot of the people here are mean to me and nobody understands me, my new relationship doesn't need that kind of negativity coming from me. odaesan, it's not that I end up being so preoccupied so I leave, it's just a promise I kept to myself, you prob saw it in that thread I linked.

1 hour ago, Ninshark said:

nah, rubbing it in isn't going to give me anymore happiness than my girlfriend does just by existing. plus a lot of the people here are mean to me and nobody understands me, my new relationship doesn't need that kind of negativity coming from me. odaesan, it's not that I end up being so preoccupied so I leave, it's just a promise I kept to myself, you prob saw it in that thread I linked.

I understand how important a promise to oneself is. I hope it works out.

59 minutes ago, ayahuasca said:

She met a boy cute (?) as can be 

You ruined it. Get out.

Writing my cover letter is a pain in the richard simmons right now. I'm really focusing on it and I'm pushing away all the retardedness going on around me to write it, but I keep losing my focus. Every time I have to write something, I keep thinking about changing the structure. This one's hard. It's not writing itself.

Edit: I saw a cover letter with self-praise through school work. I don't like it, but should I try it?

Edit 2: Why is richard simmons censored? What if I'm talking about donkeys?

Guest severus
4 hours ago, odaesan said:

Writing my cover letter is a pain in the richard simmons right now. I'm really focusing on it and I'm pushing away all the retardedness going on around me to write it, but I keep losing my focus. Every time I have to write something, I keep thinking about changing the structure. This one's hard. It's not writing itself.

Edit: I saw a cover letter with self-praise through school work. I don't like it, but should I try it?

Edit 2: Why is richard simmons censored? What if I'm talking about donkeys?

Dude it should take like 45-80 minutes max. 

1st block: which position and company you are applying for, why (blah blah about company culture that aligns with your values as an employee)

2nd block: key skills derived from work/school/volunteering/extracurriculars that you can apply to key responsibilities of role...people skills and ability to work on a team is usually #1

3rd block: track record of devotion to learning/achievement (last 4 terms of degree on dean's list, won blah blah competitions, taking blah blah designation/certification course) - not self praise - it tells people you are always dedicated, you have work ethic, you apply yourself, you set goals and achieve them 

4th: thank you, appreciate ur time, pls contact me by email (________) or phone (______) 

On 12/26/2015 at 4:49 PM, severus said:

Not even Christmas dinner yet and I want to stab my aunt. 

lol.

Not really a rant, but I learned today one of my prof for my department passed away so unexpectedly. It's sad, we never know what life will throw at us. Rip.

It looks like a 90s essay. I only have one term on the dean's list and one on the president's list. :(

I was talking about one that said that professors gave someone constant praise for classwork.

1 hour ago, severus said:

Dude it should take like 45-80 minutes max.

I want to have a good one. This is the second round and I missed out on the first one so this one has to be good. Thanks for the help. I need to figure out something for that award and achievement thing.

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

lol.

Not really a rant, but I learned today one of my prof for my department passed away so unexpectedly. It's sad, we never know what life will throw at us. Rip.

That's sad. I wonder if both my instructors who I asked letters of recommendation from are okay too. It's been like a week and there's not even acknowledgement.

forbes released their 30 under 30 for 2016... "friends" with three of them. two from high school and one because we worked in the same industry and lived in the same apartment complex. i don't really care for such public recognition but it would make for a nice humblebrag. 

14 hours ago, twaybl said:

forbes released their 30 under 30 for 2016... "friends" with three of them. two from high school and one because we worked in the same industry and lived in the same apartment complex. i don't really care for such public recognition but it would make for a nice humblebrag. 

That's caring for public recognition...

3 hours ago, halfmoonsmile said:

Vegans and their "I'm so much better because I'm a vegan" attitude. :rolleyes: Not that I mind vegan food. Some tastes delicious.

Yeah, being vegetarian is cool, but vegans suck. Vegan bread is nasty too.

One of my instructors finally replied.

Edit: I want to double-check my my grades but someone messed up the website and I don't have a transcript.

I'm just sayin' you could do better
And I'll start hatin', only if you make me.  

I think I'm addicted to 
talkin' about b*****s
That...we...almost...had

I don't think I'm conscious of making monsters
Outta the women that I sponsor 'til it

all. goes.  bad
But s**t it's all good

Talk to me please, don't have much to believe in
I need you right now, are you down to listen to me?
Too many drinks have been given to me  

I'm just sayin', you could do betterrr
Tell me have you heard that lately? 

:cry:

9 hours ago, odaesan said:

That's caring for public recognition...

hm... not really but i guess i can phrase it better. i don't have any desire to be on such a list but if i did end up on said list, i'm not going to pretend like it didn't happen. if that makes any sense at all. 

17 hours ago, twaybl said:

hm... not really but i guess i can phrase it better. i don't have any desire to be on such a list but if i did end up on said list, i'm not going to pretend like it didn't happen. if that makes any sense at all. 

So you care about public recognition but not quite as much as some people?

My damn phone is pissing me off. I can only use it on wi-fi and it just started vibrating like I was getting a call but nothing showed up.

Let me paint this picture for you baby.  

You spend your nights alone, And he never comes home, And everytime you call him, All you gets a busy tone, I heard you found out, That he's doing to you, What you did to me, Ain't that the way it goes, 

You cheated, girl
My heart bleeded, girl

So it goes without saying, That you left me feeling hurt

Just a classic case, a scenario.  
Tale as old as time

Girl, you got what you deserved

And now you want somebody
To cure the lonely nights
You wish you had somebody
That could come and make it right
But girl, I ain't somebody
I'm out of sympathy