Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Risse

Guest severus
On December 7, 2015 at 4:59 PM, juliaslife said:

Hey, thanks for the kind reply! And no, I don't really have anyone to tell this too. I'm a stay-at-home antisocial. I did open up to some family members about my dad, but a lot of people in my family don't like him, so they pretty much brushed off everything I told them or tell me to "just ignore it." Ugh.. if people can't raise kids right or neglect them, they shouldn't have children to begin with; they just make those kids lives a hellhole. And yes, every chance I get I'm trying to prep myself for college so I could make something of myself. I dropped out of school 2 years ago because I kept bringing my group members down - I was really behind on all the subjects as I've rarely paid attention and mostly skipped school. Now for all my past faults I have to make up for that. God, I hate life. How's yours? 

My issues are kind of irrelevant in perspective; I had an emergency appendectomy on Thursday and have to rest for a week? Haha. 

If being under your parents' roof is socially and emotionally disabling for you, are there woman's shelters and other resources you can reach out to in the community? In the mean time, work a full time/ paying job so you can be financially independent? Going back to college with the exact same home situation that made you drop out last time, do you see the results being better? 

Apologies for all the unsolicited nosiness. I used to do some volunteering with outreach programs, so it's kind of habit to start brainstorming for alternative solutions. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest motherducker

Lawd Jesus and Buddah, please find me the motivation and strength to write these 2 research essays that's due in less than a week.  

On 12/7/2015 at 0:48 PM, juliaslife said:

Dude... this is exactly how I am. I always felt like I overachieved most of my peers in school but I had severe anxiety attacks (from an embarrassing disorder) so I pretty much flunked school. I know this sounds immature but I kind of have a grudge against my parents for not helping me when I needed them. I felt like if they would've assisted me with my health problems in the past, I could've done so much to better their future and my own. But now at 24 years, it's like I'm a stay-at-home antisocial freak who underachieves at everything. It's annoying to constantly hear my mom babble about other asian kids success stories, when it's like "yeah, I could've easily gotten that far ahead if I hadn't had this sh*tty disorder to begin with." I just want to know that I'm not the only asian out there that's 24, still living under my parents house, never had a job, don't even go to college, and just don't go out period. Like seriously, wtf am I doing with my life? And why am I the only person in the world like this? I hate being compared to people who have a "worse life than me" when I'm surrounded by people who's lives aren't like that. Life is some richard simmons, seriously. And F my dad for perving on me since I was little to now. Seriously F you dad, you screwed up my life you pervert. 

Yeah I've been there with the no support from Asian parents situation. To them everyone else has it worse and we're just complaining for attention. I have a friend who's like you. She's 25, still living with her mother, confided in me that she's been abused by her father, doesn't drive and has been working at the same job since she's been 16..

For her she's more comfortable meeting people online. She talks to people who have the same interests as her and then eventually meet them in person.

Have you ever talked to a therapist or even a hotline? Ever been on anxiety meds? If you ever wanna talk just message me because I def have anxiety issues too

My direct supervisor got demoted over something kind of stupid. Now we have a dude who walks in every now and then and does pretty much nothing. One of the women working there almost got crushed by a 300+ lbs box pushed by a forklift. I got really pissed off because she did it three times and I had to yell at her on two occasions and she wouldn't budge until the box almost got her. The other time, I had to physically block her with my arm. What we are doing is relatively safe if you're not being a total moron. This other woman threw a box at a girl and kept saying I did it. An old fat guy was refusing to do other work that required him to not sit on his fat richard simmons all day. He just wanted to be in my way and get paid the same. It was a bad day.

Had our work Christmas party the other day. It was just a departmental one so pretty small and not as grand as it used to be.

Miss the massive divisional ones we used to have with thousands of ppl, awesome seafood, free flowing alcohol and live bands. Apparently they made a decision to stop those cause there were too many drunken related incidents which were happening. thought those were what made work Christmas parties, actual work Christmas parties. ;) You know stuff to talk about the next day at work and for many years to come.

I've been holding off writing the essay as part of the college application. I haven't written an essay in about 3 years so I'm rusty. The deadline is next week. I wanted to enter the writers digest short short story contest to win some extra money. I can't think of any good story ideas that short. It's also due next week.

Guest severus

I have also applied to be new mod, and would be honoured to be your new leader for the upcoming four quarters.

Looking forward to collaborating with every user here to create a fun, safe, and welcoming place for Soompiers, old and new. 

A more detailed management discussion and analysis will be rolled out January 1, 2016. Before then, I welcome all users to comment on some Strengths, Weaknesess, Opportunities, and Threats that the forums face, specifically in this 20+ section. 

Happy holidays,

Severus

Thinking of whether to buy an apartment here, and whether I should cancel my holiday so I could save on that money :( Housing is so expensive here, and I hate being massively in debt, but I guess I should start looking. Have sent out an inquiry on a unit I kinda like (It's not ready, so have asked agent to look around for me). Hope I find something before someone in this house goes crazy and starts shooting.

On 12/8/2015 at 1:13 AM, severus said:

My issues are kind of irrelevant in perspective; I had an emergency appendectomy on Thursday and have to rest for a week? Haha. 

If being under your parents' roof is socially and emotionally disabling for you, are there woman's shelters and other resources you can reach out to in the community? In the mean time, work a full time/ paying job so you can be financially independent? Going back to college with the exact same home situation that made you drop out last time, do you see the results being better? 

Apologies for all the unsolicited nosiness. I used to do some volunteering with outreach programs, so it's kind of habit to start brainstorming for alternative solutions. 

Thanks for all the advice, and no you're not being nosy, if at all, it's really helpful. And resting in bed for an entire week is really crappy. I've been sick for 2 weeks and slept in later than usual.. a lot of hours are going to waste there. And I've never considered attending a women's shelter; think it's the fear of living with people I don't know. I've never done volunteer work either, not sure because I'm not earning money? lol. And I've tried applying for jobs at one point but never got hired by any of them. As for going back to college, that's something I'd like to do but I'm too far behind on all my courses and couldn't keep up so I dropped out. I've been trying to improve on my study habits ever since, but I'm sort of stuck in a dilemma between helping my mom out at work and helping my brother out with some artwork he's doing. Wish I could be like a supergenius or something so I could complete a million tasks in one go. Know that'll never happen though. Sigh.

On 12/9/2015 at 9:31 PM, IreneSuhwon93 said:

Yeah I've been there with the no support from Asian parents situation. To them everyone else has it worse and we're just complaining for attention. I have a friend who's like you. She's 25, still living with her mother, confided in me that she's been abused by her father, doesn't drive and has been working at the same job since she's been 16..

For her she's more comfortable meeting people online. She talks to people who have the same interests as her and then eventually meet them in person.

Have you ever talked to a therapist or even a hotline? Ever been on anxiety meds? If you ever wanna talk just message me because I def have anxiety issues too

That's exactly how it is. Parents don't see our problems as being anything probably because they might've had it worse, which I don't deny. And I'm sorry you have a friend that goes through that, not meaning to offend, but at least she has her own job lol. And I occasionally do the online chatting thing, but no one's problems are really similar to my own and they pretty much give you advice you already know about. I don't meet up with anyone online, it seems like a scary thing to me and I've never been a trusting person either. I've been to counseling before but couldn't say a single word because my dad was there and most of my problems revolved around him. It was a huge waste of money. And I've taken anxiety meds but they only made me drowsy and more depressed. I'm sorry that you're going through anxiety issues too. I believe it's mostly contributed to being stuck at home all the time? That's what's mostly causing mine. I guess people just need to get out more lol. Thanks for all the support though, you're really nice. 

8 hours ago, zantac_2 said:

^you can always think of it as youre leasing from a bank. and at the end of the lease you get to keep the property!

Haha, true that. I had my eye on a condo unit, but unfortunately it makes more $$ sense to go for government housing. And it's depressing looking at those, but my friend said to just regard it as a stepping stone to something else. So I'm trying to think that way, and your bank analogy too.

Guest severus
33 minutes ago, ValerieK said:

I feel hopeless again.

I really thought this was the one... it felt so real. I saw it...

But today... 

Today proved it.. it's not real. It's a matter of time till it ends. I felt the shiver

I'm deciding on my next move, but what to do now...

What happened?

Guest severus
5 hours ago, ValerieK said:

Oh you know..  the usual boy problems

Falling for someone who... for some reason wants to be with you, but doesn't actually love you. 

But I'm not sure how to move on.. I thought about being upfront about it but today I feel like I should just ignore him. 

What's your thought process when you think "this is probably the one"? And what changed to make you think he's not? 

I don't know if I ever believed in the concept of "the one" so it's always interesting to see the thought process behind it. Is there any due diligence process involved? 

Archived