Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Risse

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel sorry that you have to give up your dog and writing about it on fb. You're not being forced to get rid of your pets. You could've fixed your dog's anxiety problem if you dealt with it earlier like you said. I don't get people like you and I don't want to get you. I feel bad about your poor dog being shuffled off to another home. No wonder he has anxiety, probably wondering if his loved one will ever come back to see him. 

I started my new job a few days ago and apparently one of the guys that acts like he can't get fired is the brother of one of the upper management guys. That explains it. The thing that pisses me off is that there are a lot of people that are there doing nothing and the supervisors keep calling me over to do their jobs. They've been there for months and I just started.

Guest severus
27 minutes ago, odaesan said:

I started my new job a few days ago and apparently one of the guys that acts like he can't get fired is the brother of one of the upper management guys. That explains it. The thing that pisses me off is that there are a lot of people that are there doing nothing and the supervisors keep calling me over to do their jobs. They've been there for months and I just started.

Don't get too hung up over having to do extra work and think of it as an opportunity to show your value, someone will notice your work ethic eventually even if the others don't get penalized. 

Makes me think of when I was 16 starting my first job as a gas station attendant and this old guy made me go out to clean the car wash by myself every night (100% not my job). But my motto is/was always do as much as I can, if I can do someone else's job, EVEN BETTER, means I can take it pretty soon down the road. 

I gotta echo what Severus says. Everything extra you do makes you more experienced , more valuable.

Every job I've had so far has had a fairly narrow job description but I make sure to dabble in everything that I can. So even though my description is in R&D I've also worked in purchasing, process, quality, project planning, supplier interaction, customer interaction.

And now even though I'm "customer service" I do operations planning, budget/inventory management, personnel management, quality documentation, logistics planning, product end of life determination, systems development, operational process development amongst others. I've diverged a long way from pure R&D

I am stuck between crossroad; part of me wanting to be together with him because I know at the end of the day he is the one that I want to be with, grow old with however it really irks me how we still cannot compromised over the simplest basic things that he should've done because he love me, care of me ...

3 hours ago, severus said:

Don't get too hung up over having to do extra work and think of it as an opportunity to show your value, someone will notice your work ethic eventually even if the others don't get penalized. 

Makes me think of when I was 16 starting my first job as a gas station attendant and this old guy made me go out to clean the car wash by myself every night (100% not my job). But my motto is/was always do as much as I can, if I can do someone else's job, EVEN BETTER, means I can take it pretty soon down the road. 

I think two of the supervisors noticed because one of them kept taking me off my station and moving me to the ones that were falling behind and the original one brought me back. I understand that it's good for becoming noticed, but I need the others to do the work of at least half a person. They're not doing even that so I have to do the work of two or three people all day. I messed up my hand already. It's not like I'm picking up useful skills anyway. Everything I've been doing has been repetitive for a unique process. It's not going to happen again after a few days. I can't take it with me on the next job or even next week on this job. I'm fine with learning things and going at my own pace which is fast anyway, but learning nothing and rushing so some jackass can sit and do nothing all day while collecting money for it is not something I'm fine with.

14 hours ago, odaesan said:

but learning nothing and rushing so some jackass can sit and do nothing all day while collecting money for it is not something I'm fine with.

Sounds like something I have to contend with at work. Really tired of having to pick up someone's slack on a regular basis.

Guest severus
On December 4, 2015 at 11:51:57 PM, odaesan said:

I think two of the supervisors noticed because one of them kept taking me off my station and moving me to the ones that were falling behind and the original one brought me back. I understand that it's good for becoming noticed, but I need the others to do the work of at least half a person. They're not doing even that so I have to do the work of two or three people all day. I messed up my hand already. It's not like I'm picking up useful skills anyway. Everything I've been doing has been repetitive for a unique process. It's not going to happen again after a few days. I can't take it with me on the next job or even next week on this job. I'm fine with learning things and going at my own pace which is fast anyway, but learning nothing and rushing so some jackass can sit and do nothing all day while collecting money for it is not something I'm fine with.

Yeah I see why you'd be frustrated. But someone HAS noticed your work ethic, and if you work the relationship right, these will be the people who will vouch for you when you go on to your next jobs.

I learned zero when I was unpacking an entire filing room (40 extra hours of work) at a job back in 2012ish. But people got to see that I was a team player, a young keener, and have vouched for me when I moved on to more meaningful tasks. 

Do you talk to those supervisors? It really wouldn't hurt to strike up a conversation. Depending on the industry, there's usually a lot of business/ work that comes from connections. What kind of work are you doing? 

I also worked at a restaurant/bar when I was 18-19, and the managers still ask if I want join management when I go in for a drink now. People definitely do remember if you try hard enough to make an impression. People were always like "why do you try so hard when it's not part of your career plan?" but work ethic/ team skills are relevant everywhere. 

56 minutes ago, severus said:

Do you talk to those supervisors? It really wouldn't hurt to strike up a conversation. Depending on the industry, there's usually a lot of business/ work that comes from connections. What kind of work are you doing? 

I also worked at a restaurant/bar when I was 18-19, and the managers still ask if I want join management when I go in for a drink now. People definitely do remember if you try hard enough to make an impression. People were always like "why do you try so hard when it's not part of your career plan?" but work ethic/ team skills are relevant everywhere. 

I don't talk to them. I guess I could play Smash Bros since one of them plays it during most breaks. The other one just picked me on my first day since it was my first day and they were falling behind, but he kept moving me around because the stations would catch up with the other ones a few minutes after I was there. I work at a warehouse packing stuff. I'm thinking of just quitting my other job, but I need to build up my work experience and to get that kind of job again would be difficult since most of them are requiring one year experience in this area. I got two jobs without interviews. I don't think it will happen again.

I like that last part.

Guest severus

Need entertainment but can't watch anything funny because the slightest giggle hurts. End up watching creepybad quasi-documentaries like this. As if real babies aren't bad enough. People are now lugging their lifelike fake babies around. 

On 12/1/2015 at 11:26 PM, wexbelongxtogether said:

I want a higher paying job because I know I'm competent enough to ask more of myself but the challenge itself is intimidating because that requires me to be confident.

When I look at my age and compare myself to others (friends and celebrities my age) I get extremely pessimistic because I know I can do better. I just keep choosing to settle because that means I can't get rejected and my feelings hurt....

Dude... this is exactly how I am. I always felt like I overachieved most of my peers in school but I had severe anxiety attacks (from an embarrassing disorder) so I pretty much flunked school. I know this sounds immature but I kind of have a grudge against my parents for not helping me when I needed them. I felt like if they would've assisted me with my health problems in the past, I could've done so much to better their future and my own. But now at 24 years, it's like I'm a stay-at-home antisocial freak who underachieves at everything. It's annoying to constantly hear my mom babble about other asian kids success stories, when it's like "yeah, I could've easily gotten that far ahead if I hadn't had this sh*tty disorder to begin with." I just want to know that I'm not the only asian out there that's 24, still living under my parents house, never had a job, don't even go to college, and just don't go out period. Like seriously, wtf am I doing with my life? And why am I the only person in the world like this? I hate being compared to people who have a "worse life than me" when I'm surrounded by people who's lives aren't like that. Life is some richard simmons, seriously. And F my dad for perving on me since I was little to now. Seriously F you dad, you screwed up my life you pervert. 

Guest severus
2 hours ago, juliaslife said:

Dude... this is exactly how I am. I always felt like I overachieved most of my peers in school but I had severe anxiety attacks (from an embarrassing disorder) so I pretty much flunked school. I know this sounds immature but I kind of have a grudge against my parents for not helping me when I needed them. I felt like if they would've assisted me with my health problems in the past, I could've done so much to better their future and my own. But now at 24 years, it's like I'm a stay-at-home antisocial freak who underachieves at everything. It's annoying to constantly hear my mom babble about other asian kids success stories, when it's like "yeah, I could've easily gotten that far ahead if I hadn't had this sh*tty disorder to begin with." I just want to know that I'm not the only asian out there that's 24, still living under my parents house, never had a job, don't even go to college, and just don't go out period. Like seriously, wtf am I doing with my life? And why am I the only person in the world like this? I hate being compared to people who have a "worse life than me" when I'm surrounded by people who's lives aren't like that. Life is some richard simmons, seriously. And F my dad for perving on me since I was little to now. Seriously F you dad, you screwed up my life you pervert. 

If you still think you have that overachieving fire (and by the way you talk, you're not happy settling like this), then it's not too late. 

It's always great to hear stories of who and what people can become despite their circumstances. 

Also, have you talked to anyone in your community about the sexual abuse? 

2 hours ago, severus said:

If you still think you have that overachieving fire (and by the way you talk, you're not happy settling like this), then it's not too late. 

It's always great to hear stories of who and what people can become despite their circumstances. 

Also, have you talked to anyone in your community about the sexual abuse? 

Hey, thanks for the kind reply! And no, I don't really have anyone to tell this too. I'm a stay-at-home antisocial. I did open up to some family members about my dad, but a lot of people in my family don't like him, so they pretty much brushed off everything I told them or tell me to "just ignore it." Ugh.. if people can't raise kids right or neglect them, they shouldn't have children to begin with; they just make those kids lives a hellhole. And yes, every chance I get I'm trying to prep myself for college so I could make something of myself. I dropped out of school 2 years ago because I kept bringing my group members down - I was really behind on all the subjects as I've rarely paid attention and mostly skipped school. Now for all my past faults I have to make up for that. God, I hate life. How's yours? 

Archived