Rant All You Want Here..Whining Allowed.

Risse

^ So more like Estelle, Joey Tribbiani's agent? With the Brooklyn accent and everything?

--

omg, I accidentally liked a comment from a friend of a friend on that friend's comment, which mentions another person who is also friends with that person, but not me. Not only did I tap it to unlike it, I accidentally double tapped and liked it a second time. 

Deactivating my facebook account along with all my online web presence. Goodbye all. 

YES, exactly like Estelle haha

LOL that's pretty hilarious! What did the comment say??

I have too many FB cringe moments like that too...Ugh that reminds me of one of them that is pretty bad... I always tease my bf about one girl because she comments on his profile once in a while and she's also Korean, so I joke that she's his secondary Korean gf. Anyway on his birthday, I saw that she wished him a happy birthday, clicked on her profile and accidentally hit Add as a Friend LOL I blocked her right away and hopefully she didn't see it, but it's even more awkward because she and I used to go to church together lol Homuhgawd. She probably thought I was a super jealous gf or something equally as cringey....

Why did you do this motherducker?! All these cringey feelings coming back in waves :'(

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No that's not what I meant, I was saying to cut costs, my company pretty much fired most of the draftsman and made the engineers do all the CAD work, kinda like merging two jobs into one.

But with that being said, I'm pretty sure experienced draftsman are able to design and have their work checked by the accredited engineer. 

Edit: sorry for quoting people that weren't meant to be quoted. Still don't know how to quote properly on here

I meant that I didn't really think of draftsmen as ever being needed these days. Maybe back when the software was very complicated and blueprints were really needed without using a lot of the engineer's time, but having to translate those thoughts through a middle man doesn't make sense. Just seeing how things could work in the future would be warning enough for draftsmen to look for other jobs.

Just highlight and delete what you don't need.

Does anyone know what happens to the parts of the sliced mushrooms that don't go on pizzas?

The sad truth right there. Not really needed these days as companies want to cut down costs where possible.

But realistically engineers already have enough crap to worry about, so producing drawings (which can take a very long time) is not something we want to add to our worries.

Guest severus

Since there's so many consultants. Where do I go for a crash course on tech consulting I can look at for the next week? Tips on culture? My invitation for a recruitment dinner said "dress as you would for a job interview". And I'm usually tailored and sharp for banking interviews, but I heard consulting was more lax?

I should definitely read up on Six Sigma, probably? Do I still say things like "I'm passionate about accretive deals that maximize shareholder value"? Or does that not fit the culture (because achievement vs. development culture can make a difference). 

Guest motherducker

@odaesan why you gotta be all up in my muffin business, mate?

@NaughtyDog LOL my friend commented on one those meme posts where people can tag their friends in and that person's post was a reply to her comment. And in her comment, she mentioned another person so I'm pretty sure that person got notified of my accidental double likes.

Bwahahaha, if I cringe, all must cringe with me as well.

No that's not what I meant, I was saying to cut costs, my company pretty much fired most of the draftsman and made the engineers do all the CAD work, kinda like merging two jobs into one.

But with that being said, I'm pretty sure experienced draftsman are able to design and have their work checked by the accredited engineer. 

Edit: sorry for quoting people that weren't meant to be quoted. Still don't know how to quote properly on here

I meant that I didn't really think of draftsmen as ever being needed these days. Maybe back when the software was very complicated and blueprints were really needed without using a lot of the engineer's time, but having to translate those thoughts through a middle man doesn't make sense. Just seeing how things could work in the future would be warning enough for draftsmen to look for other jobs.

Just highlight and delete what you don't need.

Does anyone know what happens to the parts of the sliced mushrooms that don't go on pizzas?

The sad truth right there. Not really needed these days as companies want to cut down costs where possible.

But realistically engineers already have enough crap to worry about, so producing drawings (which can take a very long time) is not something we want to add to our worries.

I understand. It takes a lot of time to design all the parts. The finishing touches on the assembly files really pissed me off. But still, an engineer would be closer to the project that way and there is less room for error.

@odaesan why you gotta be all up in my muffin business, mate?

It's an intervention.

So like zantac_2?

I'm just messing with you, zantac. You should quit though.

dont know if its from smoking, but i have a really deep voice. sounds really retarded. god i hate it so much.

Either that or you rap a lot? Outsider's getting a deeper voice these days like MC Sniper did. I'm just saying.

It's probably the smoking.

I don't like this quoting system. There was one of those empty quote spaces from severus left in one of them and it showed up.

haha. no way.

Do you both rap and smoke?

Going to try this method of using the "@" instead of quoting.

@odaesan  you were a draftsman?

That's weird. I didn't get it. I think the @ needs to be highlighted too. I wasn't a draftsman. I was an engineering student for a while.

haha. no way.

Going to try this method of using the "@" instead of quoting.

@odaesan  you were a draftsman?

That's weird. I didn't get it. I think the @ needs to be highlighted too. I wasn't a draftsman. I was an engineering student for a while.

Yeah I give up with the quoting/ tagging system. too complicated for my mid 20s brain.

Yeah I give up with the quoting/ tagging system. too complicated for my mid 20s brain.

It's just a bad design. I just quote people and delete unneeded quotes. The @ username thing doesn't even work for me. I can't call in someone like flyhighbich since he hasn't posted here recently.

What happened to flyhighbich anyway?

I don't know what to do with a part of an application. I realize that this isn't an isolated incident and I will encounter it again. I don't know how to answer questions like what makes me special or unique without saying I'm some kind of freak.

this is my attempt to rap
already its totally crap
trying to think of something better to say

but my mind filled with hay, oh so so ga y.

This is good, but not on the same level as lyrical mastermind "ur boy bangz".

If you dont know who he is, youtube him, quite possibly the greatest rapper of our time.

Archived