Guest finagi

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Love Forecast x Weather News 2 – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 2, 2015by tryp96

AYvPMU.jpg

SG: Weather goddess ChaeWon ah~! How’s today’s weather?

CW: Hmm~ Since it’s winter, of course it’s cold ㅋ You have to dress warmly again today~ SeungGi ya!

source: weathernews
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"'오늘의 연애' 제작기 영상 (Behind-the-scenes + Actor interviews)cr: CJ Entertainment Official

Guest finagi

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Love Forecast HQ Official Stills 14 – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 6, 2015by tryp96

According to CJ, this is called a Greenlight Kiss. Apparently, this is what a guy does when he hears the words “you don’t turn me on.” :lol: Q: Can friends of 18 years do this?! CJ also reminds everyone that this movie is only suitable for those aged 15 and older.

′Today′s Love′ Unveils Still of LSG & MCW′s Green Light Kiss by mwave

bDRMhZ.jpg

source: todaylove2015

15.01.09 Hook tweets greeting from Teacher JoonSooPosted on Jan 9, 20155xbSOx.jpg
To start off the new year 2015 cheerfully, movie ‘Love Forecast’ JoonSoo gives his greeting! Please give warm love and support to JoonSoo who has embraced the big excitement and finished preparations to meet the audience! “Let’s meet at the theater soon~~^^”
Love Forecast <3
Opens on January 14!! Fighting!! <3 <3
Let’s meet at the theater!
Lee Seung Gi
source: hookent3English translation: tryp96.wordpress.comhttp://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/01/09/15-01-09-hook-tweets-greeting-from-teacher-joonsoo/

class="entry-title" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; font-size: 21px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3em; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Love Forecast Press Interview Photos – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 11, 2015by tryp96

*updated – 6 pics*

1421034315417_1_131127_99_20150112133304

1421034294100_2_131246_99_20150112133304

20150112_1421030146_69277300_1.jpg

20150112_1421030144_94333200_1.jpg

20150112_1421033412_29248100_1.jpg

2015011212560254324_1.jpg

source: nate, naver

URL: http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/01/11/love-forecast-press-interview-photos-lee-seung-gi/#more-1404919334

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Love Forecast ‘Book of Love Poetry’ 12 – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 10, 2015by tryp96

vwlSPj.jpg

When Some Ends as Just Some

Because there’s no dating

There’s no hurt either

source: CJEnMMovie

Guest sunshineo

forget to post it here too.. ^^'

Hello Airens..  ^^ Sorry just visit now..
Happy SeungGi Day!! >:D<

HSD2_byomu2_zps3476a1ca.png
HSD_byOmu1_zpsf0dc2b08.jpg

15.01.13 Hook tweets Lee Seung Gi’s birthday celebration

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 by tryp96

2hJuow.jpg

Our star, Teacher JoonSoo! Worldwide Airens who have celebrated Lee Seung Gi’s 29th birthday~ We sincerely thank you! Finally, tomorrow is the opening day for our Teacher JoonSoo’s movie ‘Love Forecast’… Pit-a-pat

See you at the theaters with excitement ^^

source: hookent3

Guest sunshineo

He's the sweetest!! It's his birthday but he's the one who keep give us a gift of happiness..

SeungGi's Message for World Airens in 15 Countries!!

This is not the usual birthday celebration...For the past 10 years.. we have "some" relationship with Seung Gi...On this special day... Seung Gi decided to tell you how he felt towards your love for him.

photo signfull.jpg

source: LSGKWA

Aku juga rindu kamu SeungGi-ah.. missed you so much.. please visit Indonesia again.. :)

@sunshineo miss ya at this thread!!!
class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"15.01.14 News Tidbits – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 13, 2015by tryp96

In one of the interviews, SeungGi said Love Forecast’s break-even point is 1.9 million viewers, so his 1st goal is for the movie not to lose money. But his bigger goal is to surpass the director’s previous box office record (3.5 million viewers for You Are My Sunshine).

In terms of awards, SeungGi said of course he would like to win New Actor awards. And when he’s in his 40s, he would like to win Best Actor awards too. :P

source: hani via nate

SeungGi ya, fighting!!!

Also FYI… Lee Sung Min (King Jaekang) said at the VIP screening that when he was filming Misaeng, SeungGi actually treated them to a food truck. That’s why some other Misaeng team members attended the screening with him.

Seunggi-ya, hwaiting! 

Love Forecast box-office - HWAITING!!!!

10933917_10152465727812434_2607557826040

'Love Forecast' achieves the higest opening score among all of the romance films of Korea

'Love Forecast' achieves the higest opening score among all of the romance films of Korea
'Love Forecast,' starring Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won, achieved the highest opening score among all of the romance films of Korea.

According to a data base summary that Korea Film Council released on January 15th, movie 'Love Forecast' attracted 133,746 people on its first day, peaked #1 on Box Office Chart.

In the total ranking, it is peaking #2, right next to 'Ode to My Father.'

Major films like 'Chronicle of a Blood Merchant (starring Ha Jung Woo & Ha Ji Won)' and 'Night At The Museum (starring Ben Stiller)' were released on the same day, but 'Love Forecast' showed an absolute domination over them. In addition, the opening score that 'Love Forecast' achieved exceeds that of 'Architecture 101,' 'All About My Wife,' and 'My Love My Bride.' 

The opening score of 'Love Forecast' is also much higher than director Park Jin Pyo's previous romance films like 'You Are My Destiny' and 'My Love By My Side.' 'You Are My Destiny' had attracted 111,526 audiences on its first day, and 'My Love By My Side' had attracted 3 million audiences on its first day.

Meanwhile, movie 'Love Forecast' is a movie about a guy named Jun Soo, who always gives too much of himself every time he gets into a relationship, and a girl named Hyun Soo, who always makes Jun Soo anxious by flirting with other guys.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com
source: http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=353174
Daebak news! Am so proud of the entire Love Forecast cast and crew!!!

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[Eng] 15.01.18 From SeungGiPosted on Jan 17, 2015by tryp96

For SeungGi’s original message in Korean, please visit leeseunggi.com

To Airens who I appreciate and love very very much!! 2015-01-18

All Airens, he~~llo~~!!
This is SeungGi. ㅎ

A Sunday morning starting just as usual!
But because of movie stage greetings, I’m getting ready, pretending to be busy since morning ㅎㅎ

First, there have been so many things I’m very thankful for
I apologize for the delay (in thanking you)!

Originally, I was all set to write a message on my birthday
But the keyboard battery died, so I couldn’t write it. Right now, it’s very much alive ㅋㅋ
(The fans didn’t believe me at all on that day, [when SeungGi explained it at the Airen viewing party] but… As you live on, these things happen a lot…)

Anyway, getting back to the subject

From #1 in advance ticket sales, to all kinds of gifts and care for the interviewing reporters… and even #1 at box office!!
The first week turns up in the spotlight, and the fans’ support has been a really, really great strength ^^

Airen power is jjang… Could it be that you’ll even conquer the movie industry?… ㅋㅋㅋ

It’s said to be doing better than expected, with records that are surprising even in the movie industry!!
Hope you can see me in movies from time to time in the future ^^

It’s quite often that I’m meeting fans quietly at the movies ㅎㅎㅎ Right??

And even though you must have suffered a lot taking care of the movie, you still got me birthday gifts… ㅠㅠ
Sorry… ㅠㅠ

Thank you for taking care of my birthday despite your busy schedules~~
Lately, I’ve been agonizing over whether there’s anything I can do for you.
After much thought, (I decided) to just treat you to cola first!! ㅋㅋ
It’s a very small gesture from my heart, so I’m still agonizing ㅎ

And even though the grades [ratings/reviews?] aren’t satisfactory, our movie is really writing rom-com movie history in Korea
Let’s run vigorously until the end~~~^^

Thank you as always!! I love you~~~^^
Have fun and stay healthy this year, everyone!!

Bye bye~~~ See you at the stage greetings later!!

source: leeseunggi.com
Please do not plagiarize or repost without a link back to my original post.

Link: https://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/eng-15-01-18-from-seunggi/

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"15.01.24 South Korea Box Office – Lee Seung GiPosted on Jan 24, 2015by tryp96

*updated* Love Forecast, fighting!!!

z68sRD.jpg

1bfmbH.jpg
mQMxhL.jpg
OhBrFy.jpg

It was played 1,978 times on a total of 494 screens on Saturday (1/24), and had 117,122 admissions for 943,377,623 won. The accumulated number of viewers is 1,449,945, totaling 11,498,496,987 won in sales. Seat occupancy rate is about 37.4%.

(Please note that these numbers are preliminary, subject to change.)

source: kobis

Link: https://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/15-01-24-south-korea-box-office-lee-seung-gi/#more-1404920002

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Seung Gi with Love Forecast child actorPosted on Feb 2, 2015by tryp96

The pictures were taken in the recording studio when they did dubbing. SeungGi praised the child actor’s acting, and caressed him with a big smile…

tgJEio.jpg

Z0GHC8.jpg

The girl is a huge fan of SeungGi, and traveled all the way from Namhae to see SeungGi:

5sXK7h.jpg

credit: chrischo1225

Source: https://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/lee-seung-gi-with-love-forecast-child-actor/

class="entry-title" style="line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"15.02.03 News Tidbits – Lee Seung Gi class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Posted on Feb 3, 2015by tryp96 class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Lee Seung Gi lives up to his name in screen debut… class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Surpassing break-even point class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"…… class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"A Love Forecast official said, “The net production cost is 3.95 billion won; but including marketing cost, the total production cost does increase during the movie’s screening period. However, with over 1.8 million viewers so far, the movie has passed its break-even point.” class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[The movie’s total gross is already over 14 billion won. Does this mean they spent 10 billion won on marketing?!] class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"
class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Source: joynews24 via naver class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com class="entry-title" style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 20.3999996185303px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"URL Link: https://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/15-02-03-news-tidbits-lee-seung-gi/

@Lovesg, you are lonely in this thread right? mien... there's too many threads for uri seunggi our fingers are really busy :P
Anyway, let's celebrate for the success of his debut movie!!
Uri Seunggi Jjiang!! :-bd 
I seriously hope he can do a drama this year! I know I know nowadays the drama rating fluctuating but I still hope to seehim on small screen 1 more time b4 he go MS [-O<
2015 -> movie -> music album -> drama -> variety show -> MS 2 years! 

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"15.02.05 South Korea Box Office – Lee Seung GiPosted on Feb 5, 2015by tryp96

Love Forecast, keep fighting!

ayl1Tv.jpg

source: koreanfilm

URL: https://tryp96.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/15-02-05-south-korea-box-office-lee-seung-gi/

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; line-height: 1.3em; font-size: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Love Forecast’s Lee Seung Gi, Intersection of Hope, Talent, & ExpectationsPosted on Feb 6, 2015by tryp96

A big thanks to AnnMichelle for translating this extremely long interview! She told me that “This interview is the reason I will love him always…” So I hope you’ll enjoy reading it! :P

20150202180122095.jpeg

Q: Even though you’ve appeared in many TV dramas, this is your first movie. Must be quite worrying.

A: Yes. All things considered, movies have more distinct theme or goal than TV dramas. In some cases, dramas can be adjusted according to audience feedback as the series airs. But a movie has to accurately predetermine its story and identify its target audience from the get go. That takes a lot of efforts. Being a romantic comedy, Love Forecast has a very clear view on love style.

Q: What kind of love style does it try to portray?

A: Isn’t romantic comedy a light-hearted and pleasant genre? In Love Forecast, both the director and I have similar ideas about love style. I told the director that although bad guys were often the center of attention, how about those who were a little foolish but very serious about love? I said that not because I was jealous about not having the good looks to play bad guys (laugh). Surprisingly the director said he was the prudent type too. So we were two of the same on that (laugh).

Q: You must have received a lot of movie casting offers. Isn’t it a bit late for your big screen debut?

A: I thought about acting in movies way before. But what with dramas, variety shows, albums, and concerts, things that I had to do in one year’s schedule, I simply didn’t have the time. I believe when I work on a movie I have to put the other stuff aside and concentrate on it. It was not until I ended regular appearances on variety shows that my choice has widened. After careful screening I settled on Love Forecast.

Q: Are you the type that focuses on digging deeper once a new mission starts?

A: Yes. When I was about to film the movie, I really watched a lot movies. I had never watched so many movies before in my life. When I start focusing on something, I will try to dig more with great urgency. That does not mean I won’t lose interest fast too (laugh). My style is like if I want to do something, I want to get to it right away.

Q: Did you ask for guidance from your acquaintances before the movie filming started?

A: I called Teacher Yoon Yeo-jeong many times to ask for guidance. But Teacher said, “Kiddo, I read the script. The story is about very young people.” Also, she told me, “I have not used that kind of tone so I don’t know.” (laugh). She suggested, “Movie is an art led by the director. So you have to talk with the director often.” Don’t be nervous and afraid of making mistakes on the set like in a drama shoot. Discuss with the director to understand where the character’s coming from. That’s what she told me.

20150202180122392.jpeg

Q: It seems that you always prepare thoroughly before taking on a challenge.

A: Correct. Even though I have not had major failure but in ten years I have felt some pains of failure here and there. I am always mindful because of increasing expectations for me. No matter what I do, I check and double check if I have done anything wrong. In this regard my agency does a better job than me, so I trust and follow their advice. If I, as an actor, can gain something from a project, then for its benefit on future development I would take it on. If I can’t learn or gain anything, even if the project is very successful, I still won’t feel happy or enjoy it. As I spend more time in this industry, my goal is not simply achieving big success. The joy gained on the set is more important.

Q: Love Forecast is a movie developed largely from Joon-soo’s point of view. But compared to the immature Hyun-woo, Joon-soo’s character doesn’t really stand out. Is it difficult to hold onto your role while assisting a partner with a very strong personality?

A: Very grateful you can appreciate this point. I would like to play a showy character too. In fact I have chosen projects because of that reason. But the most important thing in any projects is the ensemble with other actors. A really good actor can play not just outstanding roles, but also be very good at assisting. When you control your desires to be showy and instead merge into the movie, audience will appreciate the effort. There are cases where very famous actors do special appearances or supporting roles to make the lead actors more cool, right? When I watched those actors I felt their acting skills were really wonderful. In Love Forecast there are many parts where Hyun-woo is stronger and more visible than Joon-soo, but from the standpoint of romantic comedy, it’s great to have the lead actress more beautiful and vivid. I can always play a standout role the next time. So in this romantic comedy I decided to totally be the foil of the lead actress. That’s how the present chemistry between Hyun-woo and Joon-soo came about. Therefore it’s okay if Joon-soo is a little less prominent (laugh).

Q: You weren’t greedy about a more standout role for your big screen debut?

A: I wanted a fun project above all. Since a few years ago, I’ve wanted to play a fun role rather than serious roles like in The King 2 Hearts and Gu Family Book. While rehearsing with Cha Seung Won hyung in You’re All Surrounded, we fooled around with comic acting and had lots of laughs. I said if we acted in a comedy together it’d probably be a movie like Two Cops, and we laughed. I received the script of romantic comedy then. I wanted to do it without considering whether the male lead stood out or not. Audience would think Lee Seung Gi worked very well with his co-star and made extra effort to NOT hog the limelight in the movie. If so, I can do projects with a less prominent character anytime.

Q: I like your acting in little comic moments like the scene where your hand bumped into the railings and you mumbled to yourself.

A: That was an ad-lib. So was the scene where I said, “You pooping?” to Hyun-woo. In fact it was an accident that I bumped into the railings as we filmed. I just continued as if nothing had happened. Personally, I like understated comedy, slight comedy. There were also scenes that may have escaped audience’s attention but I found very funny. Such as the drunken scene by the Han River where Joon-soo said, “I’ve watched over her from behind for eighteen years,” and then suddenly changed his tone, “Ah, I am going nuts.” This kind of sudden shift in tone is my comedy style. In the script it was written as “I’ve watched over her for eighteen years, (sigh) I am really going crazy,” with a whining-like tone. I added in my own style when I acted.

20150202180122697.jpeg

Q: Is variety experience helpful to your comedy acting?

A: Of course. They are all related. Also Teacher Yoon Yeo-jeong told me that all acting, including comedy, has to be done sincerely. It won’t be funny at all if you acted only to make people laugh in a comedy. If the lines were caricatured like Gag Concert, they would actually be less funny.

Q: So it’s the character being earnest that makes the audience laugh.

A: Right. I think even comedy acting has to be done seriously. Actors have to believe it’s a real situation to make it funny.

Q: Your comedy acting was good, but I also liked the elevator scene. What was your emphasis when you acted that scene?

A: Actually that was my personal favorite scene. I never thought I had such a facial expression. But looking through the monitor, it was better than I thought (laugh). I was also amazed by how I did it, how I made that expression. It seems to be just a natural reflection of what I felt about the situation.

Q: You didn’t do it to express something in particular?

A: It wasn’t like that. Even if I intended to express something, I don’t think my face would come out like that. There are many such cases. As for comedy, I actually got a lot of inspiration from different places. The scene of saying “You pooping?” to Hyun-woo was acted while remembering the image of the crushed chick from messenger emoticons. I always find that emoticon very cute.

[Like this? :lol: (s: dclsg)]

8tVJ5.jpg

The tone when I called Hyun-woo by the river, “The call was cut off, what should I do?” was modeled on the show ‘Superman Is Back.’ The scene I watched where Min-Guk said, “Where’s Robocop Poly? Where?” was just too cute. So I’ve been imitating Min-guk, and that high tone just came out of me unwittingly while filming. It’s not my usual speaking voice. I like variety, so I watch it a lot. It’s become a habit.

Q: You pay a lot of attention to details (laugh).

A: I don’t try to, but others see me as detail-oriented (laugh). I just make use of funny acts I see on TV.

Q: When you were on Gyro Drop, you tried to make a heart gesture but could not quite lift your arms. You looked really scared (laugh).

A: I could not lift my arms not because I was scared; it was because the safety bar was too bulky so I could only lift up so much (laugh).

Q: I thought your acting terrified was so great, but that wasn’t the case? (laugh)

A: I WAS really scared. Ugh, I don’t think I could do it again.

Q: Didn’t you promise to ride it again if the movie surpassed 5 million audience?

A: If that is the case then I will ride it gladly (laugh). I said I’d be so happy that I could ride it even without the safety bar (laugh).

20150202180122924.jpeg

Q: The title is ‘Today’s Love’ so I expected a story about ‘some’ [ambiguous] relationship that’s in vogue nowadays. But it was too bad that part seemed to get downplayed in the movie.

A: I think it was a focused choice. It was either to show the form of ‘some,’ or to use ‘some’ only as a tool in order to tell a story about the value of love. And Love Forecast chose the latter. The message to female audience is: “Don’t you want to have Joon-soo kind of love for once?” To men in a ‘some’ relationship, it recommends, “Even the lackluster fool can win out with his candor sometimes (laugh).

Q: Are you the type that carefully analyzes all the lines when acting?

A: I used to try to understand all the lines before I acted. But if you think about it, what we say is not always very meaningful, or 100% matching with what we think. Sometimes we say nice things to smooth over a situation, and sometimes we embellish words that could be left unsaid. There are also times when we say things like we understand but in fact we don’t. So words have many forms. In that respect, I think I just act naturally.

Q: Some opined that the images of the characters you’ve played are repetitive.

A: That has always been pointed out so I’m used to it. Because I achieved good results since early in my debut, the appraisal standards naturally went up. But anyway, when a pop star appears in a commercial movie, box office success should be kept in mind. If possible, I think it’s good to choose a project that falls under the intersection of what I do well, what I want to do, and what the audience wants to see from me. However it’s very difficult to satisfy everyone. That’s why I am always troubled by it. Although I didn’t decide on Love Forecast through strategies, I considered many things when choosing the movie. I wanted to play a somewhat interesting role. I thought if it was a romantic comedy, I could do well and also approach audience a little more easily. If the movie was a box-office failure, even if I made a total transformation in image, I don’t think the audience will be satisfied or complimentary. There might be reactions like, why did you try to transform unnecessarily, just keep doing what you did. I feel it’s always a matter of choice. I know there’s talk that I only take the easy options, but I’d like to think it’s because my acting is not too bad that criticism like this arises. I’m working hard to continuously grow. I know it’s very difficult to elicit special sympathy in similar roles. Although there are people who think the images are repetitive, in all honesty I’ve worked very hard for every project.

Q: What you want to do, what you are good at, and what audience expects. To bring these three together is not easy. And it seems to be your secret to accumulating good experiences without big failures so far.

A: Actually, I’ve tried to transform. Five, six years after my debut there was some concern that there was a little too much consumption of my image and whether I should try something different. There were also opinions that it was time to show masculinity. Therefore the project The King 2 Hearts was chosen. Lee Jae Ha in The King 2 Hearts was an extremely manly role, right? And Choi Kang Chi in Gu Family Book, transforming into a beast while wildly ripping up his clothes, was the terminator of manliness (laugh). I acted in You’re All Surrounded because I wanted to try playing a chic and sexy guy, but you can’t transform with intention alone. Some people said my usual self in Noonas Over Flowers was actually extremely manly (laugh). So ultimately I think the correct answer is that when I can learn something, have a desire to do well, and do what I like, the transformation would come naturally.

20150202180123252.jpeg

Q: Movies have a broader range of genres than TV dramas. Is there a particular role you’d like to try?

A: After watching the filming of Love Forecast, I understood why movies can have such diverse subject matters, and I thought movie work was really interesting. If I am to work on movies again, I would like to try various characters like a professional or a bad guy. But not a cruel bad guy wielding a chain saw or a sickle (laugh). I did think about villain characters that can come from my image, and it was someone who seems nice but is very evil inside. Like a psychopath.

Q: You don’t seem to fear having a bad guy image.
A: Ah, but a villain role is great. My closest acquaintances have said that if I won an acting daesang, it’d be for a villain role. I am not sure if that’s a compliment (laugh). Maybe I have an image like a great criminal mastermind (laugh). Someone with my looks would be like a real swindler if he went out swindling (laugh). There aren’t many real swindlers who look like swindlers.

Q: So you want to play a character with reversal that makes use of your upstanding and exemplary image.

A: That’s right. So I am looking for a director who can make good use of my image (laugh). Anyway, a lot of people were anxious to see how much box office success Lee Seung Gi could achieve in his movie career, so it’s a relief that Love Forecast had a good start.

Q: What did you gain from Love Forecast?

A: I think it was my acting that delivered even though my role didn’t stand out. If I was greedy and tried to grab the limelight in Love Forecast, I don’t think the result would be good. Also I tried hard to act very naturally. In TV dramas there are lots of bust shots or tight bust shots, so basically you need to get through the dialogue without any mistakes. But movies aren’t like that. Through Love Forecast I learned how to act naturally following my inner feelings as much as possible. I think that’s the biggest asset (I gained).

Q: What would Lee Seung Gi be like ten years from now?

A: It’d be wonderful if I can continue to work in all the fields. But instead of simply changing fields, it’s more about gaining depth now. I would like to accumulate skills and experiences that can show an indisputable figure in each field. I will work toward that in the future.

Chinese translation by Airen永远爱你 @ Baidu Tieba
Chinese to English translation by AnnMichelle, special contributor to Everything LSG
Korean to English editing by tryp96.wordpress.com

hey, I'm new to this thread (but not to you), so we separate his actor news from singing/variety/cfs or what?? (or we can cheat and post everything in the two threads :P )