The K-drama fan's guide to KCON 2014by Vivi on Mon, Aug 04, 2014
KCON_lineup.png
After months of anticipation, KCON is finally happening this weekend! Looking at the lineup of artists, it's easy to see why K-pop fans are so excited for the event. But what about those fans who are more interested in the drama side of Hallyu than they are in the music? There's plenty for pure K-drama lovers to enjoy, as well! Here's a guide so that you don't miss any of the K-drama themed events at KCON. For those who can't make it out to LA, keep an eye out for DramaFever's coverage of the concerts and events at KCON so that you don't miss a minute! :
Special guests:
This year, KCON has invited some special guests you may recognize from the K-drama world. Fresh off of his hit show You Are All Surrounded, Lee Seung Gi will be in attendance!Lee_Seung_Gi_1.png
As will Lee Seo Jin, the talented star of Damo.
Lee_Seo_Jin.png
Special artists:Aside from the full-time actors, if you look at the breakdown of artists performing at KCON, you can see that it's full of idols who have tested out the acting world. From B1A4's Baro, who recently played a role in God's Gift--14 Days to CNBLUE's Kang Min Hyuk, who stole the show as Chan Young on Heirs, the concert lineup is filled with talented stars who will be familiar to those who love K-dramas.
Baro_Kang_Min_Hyuk.png
Many of the artists in the concert lineup have blossomed in their acting careers, holding leading roles in various dramas. Girls' Generation's Yoona (who just so happens to be dating Seung Gi) has become an established actress, especially after her most recent turn in The Prime Minister and I, and her fellow group members Sooyoung and Yuri have also held lead roles, in Dating Agency: Cyrano and Fashion King, respectively.SNSD_actresses.png
Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-k-drama-fans-guide-to-kcon-2014/

Guest sunshineo

Hello-hello, I'm back to spazz here again with you gals,^^ sorry suddenly MIA when I said I'll try posting something here at least once a day.. mianhae Airens .. ;;)
I want to jumping here when read @finagi rambling that its so quiet here.. but because of the reason I mentioned in LSG singer thread.. I couldn't do so.. mianhae again :D

-------
So we will really see SeungGi and Midae hyung together in the movie.. excited >_<
Maybe some of you didn't want to see them fighting over a girl.. but it's ok for me since it only in movie :P
They really close in real life, and they respect each other as pro actor, so I want to see them together as actor too.. and hope we will get some BTS pic or stories :D

when I heard that JJY also being casted, It reminds me about that time when I'm asking who this skinny man who keep around SeungGi and looking at SeungGi in misterious gaze at Jackie Chan birtday party :))

143140614_22.jpg
2yzg.jpg
k3b0.jpg

sorry JJY, that time I remember see you somewhere but not sure, didn't recognice you are the maknae of 1n2d season 3 (well, I didn't watch it). But looks like he already had good chat with SeungGi that time and looks like he's a good guy (at least he so focused to observing SeungGi even while SeungGi not the one who was talking :D ). Maybe they have some talk about 1n2d when they have more private time together, but who knows if they already have some talks about TL ;;)

Guest sunshineo

Lee Seung Gi fan @LSGfan 

Seunggi to participate in CJ event supporting the education of teengirls @kconusa "@LSG_korea http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=382&aid=0000243634  pic.twitter.com/yZffxT1FBo"

waiting for more translation.. :)

edit:
thanks christina :)
153e1dfc9e95d5.jpg cr:fnnews 

In short, our star, Lee Seung Gi cooperates with CJ E&M to
support the girl students 
of lower income brackets in the U.S.,
who  haven't enrolled in the formal education.
They will donate the textbooks and study tools which they get
to the group for teenagers called "Write Girls."
Lee Seung Gi will meet and join the activity with the donators on 10th. August.
He will give the KCON 2014 special medals to them,
and there're his autograph T-shirt will be given to every 50th person.

Briefly translation into EN by ChristinaWSGL/제의

http://blog.yam.com/christina7/article/77145772

Guest sunshineo

oh, tryp96 also translate it, thanks Unnie :)
now we know what will SeungGi doing at Kcon >_< and Daebak
class="entry-title"Lee Seung Gi assists charity for US low-income female students Posted on Aug 6, 2014 by tryp96

2014080614574122897-540x404.jpg

CJ E&M and Hallyu star Lee Seung Gi provide assistance to an education contents donation event for low-income female students in the US.

CJ E&M will run a booth ‘Girls Education’ at KCON 2014, the largest Hallyu convention in North America to be held on August 9 and 10, to help provide high-quality education opportunities to teenage female students who cannot receive a proper education for various reasons.

After accepting donations of various education contents, like books and school supplies, and teaching aids through this booth, CJ E&M plans to deliver them, under the names of Lee Seung Gi and other Hallyu stars participating in KCON 2014, to NGO ‘WriteGirl’ that supports teenage female students.

On August 10, Lee Seung Gi who’s active as a multi-entertainer will be at the booth to encourage donations, along with student volunteers. Everyone participating in the donation event will receive a special KCON 2014 badge, and every 50th donor will also receive a t-shirt autographed by Lee Seung Gi.

source: 10asia via nate
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com

http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2014/08/06/lee-seung-gi-assists-charity-for-us-low-income-female-students/

comment: That's Uri Seung Gi :x

Guest sunshineo

as silent as mountain about what he's gonna do at Kcon, and D-3 he come out with generious activity, Uri SeungGi just so Jjang >_<

But is that mean he wouldn't have any panel or anything about his drama/movie. Isn't they said he comes there more as actor?
Or maybe he'll has a taks about his singing and acting activity in that Boots too? or maybe he'll sing too? (hehe.. my selfish fan heart come out again)

and how about Seojin hyung? is he there for the charity too? It say the donation will under the name of LSG and other hallyu star who participated. Is that mean all star who at Kcon also will come to that boots? somehow I see a chaos if that really happen, fans can go crazy and crushing that's boots :P
Hope everything will be smooth..

More importanly, really happy CJ come with this idea. So people go to Kcon not only for have fun and get into the party, but also for the good cause. So Don't forget to bring your donnation peoples :)
And... how about this students volunteers? Are CJ already organise them? If they still open a recruitment for it, than US Airens, this is your change to have a charity work together with SeungGi :D.
Well, you should do charity with sincere motivation, but no wrong with bonus have some more time with SeungGi rite? ;;)

Guest sunshineo

140806 이승기 Flight Schedule for KCON 2014 christina7 在天空部落發表於17:47:53 | KCON 2014 L.A.

ICN-LAX
16:30[KST] via OZ202

LAX-ICN
13:40 via OZ201
Arrive at ICN on 13th. 18:10[KST]

cr:lsg baidu tieba

there're already SeungGi  Schedule for Kcon in leeseunggi.com, but Tryp96 said it's different from what posted by FC  with what USAiren heard
from Hook :-?Edit: I think I misread it :P

sunshineo said: as silent as mountain about what he's gonna do at Kcon, and D-3 he come out with generious activity, Uri SeungGi just so Jjang >_<

But is that mean he wouldn't have any panel or anything about his drama/movie. Isn't they said he comes there more as actor?
Or maybe he'll has a taks about his singing and acting activity in that Boots too? or maybe he'll sing too? (hehe.. my selfish fan heart come out again)

and how about Seojin hyung? is he there for the charity too? It say the donation will under the name of LSG and other hallyu star who participated. Is that mean all star who at Kcon also will come to that boots? somehow I see a chaos if that really happen, fans can go crazy and crushing that's boots :P
Hope everything will be smooth..

More importanly, really happy CJ come with this idea. So people go to Kcon not only for have fun and get into the party, but also for the good cause. So Don't forget to bring your donnation peoples :)
And... how about this students volunteers? Are CJ already organise them? If they still open a recruitment for it, than US Airens, this is your change to have a charity work together with SeungGi :D.
Well, you should do charity with sinchere motivation, but no wrong with bonus have some more time with SeungGi rite? ;;)

sunshineo said: 140806 이승기 Flight Schedule for KCON 2014 christina7 在天空部落發表於17:47:53 | KCON 2014 L.A.

ICN-LAX
16:30[KST] via OZ202

LAX-ICN
13:40 via OZ201
Arrive at ICN on 13th. 18:10[KST]

cr:lsg baidu tieba

there're already SeungGi  Schedule for Kcon in leeseunggi.com, but Tryp96 said it's different from what posted by FC
:-?

Guest finagi

Good evening Airens! Chingus :D

Good evening @sunshineo‌ unnie and @LoveSG‌ unnie >:D<

Yes @sunshineo‌ unnie this thread become quiet this last few days, coz almost all our Airen unnies are a little busy and there's not much news about our seunggi oppa..

And its really good now that we got news about him and his activities and a bonus of some gorgeous pic.. That's why I go crazy to post almost all of it here and in the singer thread.. ;) I miss him badly.. :\">

sunshineo said: oh, tryp96 also translate it, thanks Unnie :)
now we know what will SeungGi doing at Kcon >_< and Daebak
class="entry-title"Lee Seung Gi assists charity for US low-income female students Posted on Aug 6, 2014 by tryp96

CJ E&M and Hallyu star Lee Seung Gi provide assistance to an education contents donation event for low-income female students in the US.

CJ E&M will run a booth ‘Girls Education’ at KCON 2014, the largest Hallyu convention in North America to be held on August 9 and 10, to help provide high-quality education opportunities to teenage female students who cannot receive a proper education for various reasons.

After accepting donations of various education contents, like books and school supplies, and teaching aids through this booth, CJ E&M plans to deliver them, under the names of Lee Seung Gi and other Hallyu stars participating in KCON 2014, to NGO ‘WriteGirl’ that supports teenage female students.

On August 10, Lee Seung Gi who’s active as a multi-entertainer will be at the booth to encourage donations, along with student volunteers. Everyone participating in the donation event will receive a special KCON 2014 badge, and every 50th donor will also receive a t-shirt autographed by Lee Seung Gi.

source: 10asia via nate
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com

http://tryp96.wordpress.com/2014/08/06/lee-seung-gi-assists-charity-for-us-low-income-female-students/

comment: That's Uri Seung Gi :x

Guest finagi

@LoveSG‌ unnie besides our seunggi oppa I miss your post with your cute emoticon :D :x

Unnie I want to give your post an awesome but I can't help myself to giggle and laughs that's why I gave you lol... I really miss you unnie >:D<

Guest sunshineo

I love this one, he just so cute.. :x :x

---------
@LoveSG
I thought my post couldn't be seen when you asking about the donation :))

I also wondering what he's gonna do in that two days, maybe he will have vacation together with his hyung again (Midae hyung always make me jelaous, he can spend time with uri SeungGi too much :P ) or maybe have some activity with CJ again

but selfish me hope he will have some photoshoot, like what he did with ELLE in NY when he went there to be guest at LSH sumbaenim concert :D
I know he still busy filming and another thing we didn't know RN, but just so miss our gorgeous model in photoshoot >_<

Guest sunshineo

Since I miss him in photoshoot and it's never posted here before, want to share that photoshot with ELLE
And really love that phptpshoot because we not only get to see gorgeous him in mag, but also can see actor and writer Lee Seung Gi.. :x :x

Lee Seung Gi at TV Fahion Film
love the concept, I can feel the emotion even this just a shot film >_<

Short Film~ Nothing on Me. Cold City Guy Lee Seung Gi. New York City.

cr: leeseunggiworld

and we can see his awesome writing skill in this monologue

Seunggi’s New York City diary, in his own words…

That Man’s Monologue.
On the lively downtown streets of New York,
Lee Seung Gi starts his monologue.

06:30am
The City’s early morning air permeates through the window crevice.
I hurriedly left the Thompson Hotel. It was as if the bustling New York streets from last night had not gone anywhere as the Lower East Side was beginning to awaken. One step, two step, slowly picking up speed, I rushed off to Allen Street. About one hour passed? The cool air pounded my head and my chest. Nothing came to mind. I didn’t have confusing thoughts either. This is also the same in Seoul, as I daily walk out in the morning and when I return late in the evening. There’s no reason to walk around carrying your worries in advance. Upon reaching the 2nd floor restaurant, everyone is in the middle of breakfast. Greetings among knowing faces and New York’s fickle weather, apart from that, the rest exchanging trivial news here and there. A little after 20 minutes, I head up to the room.

08:00am
Now the day begins.
The stylist starts to work on my hair, and I think about what I’m supposed to do today. Talk among the staff is audible, I tend to be sparing in my words unless the talk is directed specifically at me. On 1 Night 2 Days, I end up talking in a loud voice as soon as I wake up. However, ordinarily I try not to talk as much. The voice in itself is important and a delicate instrument.
1 Night 2 Days and Strong Heart. I have gained many things by regularly doing both programs. Although one’s personal ability is important, I realized how important working together with ‘people who are good at what they do’ is and how important teamwork is. However, it’s also true that I gave up on various opportunities because of this.

12:00pm
Arrived at Union Square.
I cross the street and head to the park. I sit on the bench to catch my breath and there are quite a few people who recognize me. It’s okay to know that there are ‘watching eyes’ anywhere. I feel I’ve become more resolute about the watchful eyes of others.  In the past when I would see a news article or comments, I would think “Huh? This was criticized? I need to be careful.” I  used to be daunted like that. Now, the frequency of those moments are far less. That I’m mature and more grown-up unlike my age? I hear that a lot. Because the so-called entertainer has become a little more seasoned. Honestly, I was a beginner even when I was starting out. Talking with the hyungs was like that, it was incredibly hard. There’s a 17 year age gap between me and Kang Ho Dong hyung. There’s also about a 7-8 year age difference with the others. But that doesn’t mean that it’s easy now. I’ve developed affection, and it’s become comfortable too, so it’s to say that I’ve come to know how I need to act.

02:30pm
Eating a late lunch at ‘August’ in Greenwich Village.
I’ve crossed from east to west along Bleeker Street. Somehow this area feels familiar and I take in each and every aspect of it. Inside the bar, I make eye contact with some of the foreign patrons. They chuckle. Thoughts and greetings are exchanged just from eye to eye. I think of the words that I heard the most while filming dramas. “Your eyes are great.” “I can understand what you’re trying to say through your eyes.” The best compliment I like to hear. Early on, everyone looked at me and said I did not have the face of an actor. One filming director, half joking-half serious, even said, “It could not have been an actor’s face even as recent as 1990, but the world has gotten better and thus it is possible.”

05:00pm
Walking in the Gansevoort Hotel and The Standard Hotel vicinity.
As I ponder about whether this day is going well. I am not the type to listen to yes or no comments on site. This is probably because I don’t tend to do that, but I can’t necessarily say that this is always a good thing. In the past, I was impatient. That was a problem for me ever since I was young. I was above average in everything. That life had its ups and downs, and talk that a lot of relationship experience deepened one’s acting and singing worried me. I think it’s been about 3 years? Many people have been asking if I am dating, saying they had a good feeling about it. I learned at that time. ‘Ah, there’s no reason to be fixated on experience!’ There’s no need to artificially work in order to purposely create experience, and there’s no need to avoid it either. Various experiences in life will come naturally to me in the future, and those that are unintended should pass over me.

06:00pm
Arrived in Soho.
The weather is still very chilly. People on their way home walk quickly and whizz by. Standing in front of the subway station, I stare out blankly at those people. In order not to stop the flow of traffic and find my way through. Following my debut as an 18-year old singer, although it appears as if things have developed well with no big hurdles, honestly there were times when I felt really hopeless. I longed to become number one no matter what, while seeking out a higher position. However, having experienced that sort of difficult time early on, I am unwavering now. Talk that people are unable to recover from their characters following their projects is a luxury for me. There is some of that in my personal life too. Exercising, going around eating delicious foods, also watching movies, receiving skin care treatment. However, this is all organically connected to my work. I’m sure a time will come when an escape will be needed from work. I believe you just need to know that time will be forthcoming.

07:00pm
At some point it became dark out.
I’ve returned to the hotel. As I inserted my plastic card, the door clanked open. Walking through the dark sitting room, I immediately plopped my body on the bed. I must have forgotten to close the window when I left. The curtain faintly fluttered as a palm-sized breeze seeped in.

English: LSGfan via Elle Korea

Guest sunshineo

@LoveSG
Hope so.. >_< That'd be great!! :x
But that mean it's only Airen who attend that FM who can see it.. Hope someone sneaky record it :P or make a nice Fanaccount about it ;)
Or.. please make sure to have Asia tour again this year SeungGi-ah.. :D

btw, any Soompi Airen who will attend that Official Airen FM?
I think someone say will go there, but forget who :-?
@mtdt ? @lovelyclover ? will you go there? ;;)