Lee Seung Gi to cameo in ‘The Greatest Love’

20110531seunggiseungwon.jpg

Fans of the popular drama series, “The Greatest Love“, can look forward to a cameo from actor/singer Lee Seung Gi!

On May 30th, the above pictures were shared through an online community bulletin under the title, “The Greatest Love, Lee Seung Gi Cameo Filming Pictures.”

Lead actor Cha Seung Won and Lee Seung Gi are seen happily hugging each other while brightly smiling and waving their hands. Netizens were amused by the fact that Lee Seung Gi, who’s known to be quite tall, didn’t seem tall at all when standing next to Cha Seung Won.

Netizens commented, “Seeing two lovable guys being friendly towards one another is putting me in a good mood”, “Is this a model pose? I never thought Lee Seung Gi was short before”, and “I look forward to seeing what role Lee Seung Gi will play.”

Lee Seung Gi is scheduled to appear on the June 1st episode of “The Greatest Love”, so stay tuned!

20110531seunggiseungwon.jpg

Source: Newsen via Nate

credit: phenom @allkpop

“Lee SeungGi is rich, but a lonely person” -Lee Yeong-ah

Actress Lee Yeong-ah read Lee Seung-gi’s face and said, “He has wealth but he can be lonely”.

The SBS TV program “Kang Heart” on the 31st was preceded under the title, “Self-glow Special”.

At the question about Lee Seung-gi’s first impression, Lee Yeong-ah said, “We first met in 2004 “X Man” and this is the first time after that”. According to her, Lee Seung-gi has a long lower part of the face and a prominent nose which means wealth.

About Kang Ho-dong who has a narrow forehead and a developed jaw, she said, “You will have no luck in your beginning years but prosper in your later years”. Kim Hee-cheol who had to hear that he was going to suffer in the later years, wittily told Lee Yeong-ah that she was going to suffer this day.

Other than that, Lee Yeong-ah revealed that she is also quite the drinker. She said, “I don’t drink beer because that makes me full, but I drink about 10-20 shots of whiskey. I also have a weird habit of bringing home the side dishes of fruits or chicken in my pockets”.

Source : Nate

Translated by: www.hancinema.net

• 1 month later...

Lee Seung Gi plays around with Kang Ho Dong: Why is he so smart?

Lee Seung Gi became sly. He seems more likely a sophisticated man than his previews features, as an innocent younger brother. He shows off his successful roles in variety shows of KBS’s Happy Sunday-One Night Two Days and SBS’s Strong Heart.

In the show One Night Two Day, Lee Seung Gi is not the youngest innocent member anymore. He now dares to play around with the “big brother,” Kang Ho Dong. For example, when the cast was talking about the distance which takes an hour on the ship, Kang said, “It’s not too far. We can reach that place if we simply fall flat on the ground.” Wittingly, Lee Seung Gi replied, “Are you sure you want to fall that far?”

The staff of One Night Two Day experiences of his dramatic change directly. They say, “We think that he became a little sly. He’s on the roll these days.” A certain variety show producer says, “Lee Seung Gi is a very smart guy. The way his brain works and his good sense about people and quick reaction to changing situations just make the show more entertaining.” As a result, some producers feel relieved when they have Lee Seung Gi on the show because Lee Seung Gi lives up to their high expectations.

Also in SBS’s Strong Heart, Lee plays an important role. He keeps the atmosphere lively and fun without the help of the main emcee, Kang Ho Dong. He became more humorous and skilled in leading the show than his first time as an emcee.

In some commercials, he still features an image of a “good kid”; however, his characteristics in variety shows reflect different charming points. He does not harm his “good kid” character of the commercials, and promotes his reputations as entertainer: He surely is a smart guy.

Source Nate by Hanna

by hannacha3217@Korea.com

Lee Seung Gi turns into a warrior

2011071510365210011.jpg

2011071510365210012.jpg

Recently, Lee Seung Gi is seen at the set of Pizza Hut commercial shooting.

He features in a commercial in which he couldn’t get a delicious piece of pizza because of his thick warrior costume. Then the special pizza promotion helps him to enjoy the pizza.

Netizens who saw the pictorials comment: “Lee Seung Gi looks attractive even in warrior costume.” “I could buy two pizzas for those who ask for pizza like Lee Seung Gi.”

The Pizza Hut commercial in which Lee Seung Gi features will be on TV soon.

Source Newsenby Hanna

credit: hannacha3217@Korea.com

Guest shy_hyo

thank you ilwoo_aein, wuah...you're the oe who always update this thread, thank you again..

Hope that I can see HHJ and LSG in new KBS drama...laugh.gif really miss them.

Lee Seung Gi directs a heartwarming ‘thank you’ message to his ‘1 Night 2 Days’ co-stars

On July 15th’s episode of ‘1 Night 2 Days‘, the six members were separated into different cities, and from there they were given a mission to send a story to a popular radio program. The story that was chosen and broadcasted first would win the mission.

Lee Seung Gi ended up being the winner that day, and listeners were touched as his story was broadcasted. “Hi everyone, this is Seung Gi from ‘1 Night 2 Days’,” he began. “We have a shoot for the show today. We started in Yeoido this morning, but when I opened my eyes a little later, we were somewhere in Jeju Island and now we are on a mountain top in Kangwon-do.”

“Something funny happened today. Kang Ho Dong, Lee Su Geun, and Kim Jong Min were grouped into a team and the three of them seemed inseparable and completely loyal to one another, but it seemed as though Hodong hyung and Jongmin hyung betrayed Sugeun hyung along the way. But later, I think Hodong hyung felt guilty about the whole situation. He kept telling us that on an entertainment program like ours, being completely honest and always playing by the rules is a dereliction of our duties as an entertainer. I thought about what he said, and I realized something,” he continued.

“Everything the hyungs do on the show, such as choosing to be the bad guy, being stubbornly insistent, or whatever else is them thinking about what’s best for the program itself, and what’s best for the younger guys like me. And the person who benefits the most from their sacrifices… is quite possibly myself.”

“I always try my hardest, but regardless of how good my best may or may not be, the hyungs are always so quick to encourage me. They say things like, “SeungGi, you’re the best. You work so hard.” And because of the encouragements I receive from them, I am able to receive more love and support that go beyond the results of my own efforts.”

“They are the reason behind my success, because of everything they do on the show. So through this radio broadcast, I would like to sincerely thank my hyungs who have been on the show with me for the past five years. I want to openly declare that I consider myself so lucky to have you guys in my life.”

To conclude, Seung Gi stated, “Perhaps sometime in the future, I will be able to one day share the love I received from all of you with other younger entertainers and colleagues to follow behind me. I want to be that beacon of light to others and offer them the same encouragement. I still have a long way to go before I become like my hyungs, but until that day, I ask for their continued love & support. Thank you.”

credit: MyDaily via Nate

Source: allkpop

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi shy_hyo, your welcome :) Yes i miss Seunggi too. I hope he'll be back to small screen soon. Btw, not so long ago, did you know that there's a rumor about Hyo Joo's new drama project with Jung Ilwoo instead of Lee Seunggi :D

Which actors/artistes would you like to spend a summer vacation with?

leeseungki.png

Recently, a professional institute training servicemen opened the poll “Who would you like to spend you summer vacation with the most?” With 910 participants voting the poll.

Results show for female, female actress Song Hye Kyo was well-received with the most votes. Snatching 26.6% of the votes (242).

After her was “Gumiho” Shin Min Ah who received 26.2% (238) voters. 3rd place went to solo singer IU with 24.8% and followed by female actress Jeon Ji Hyun (15.3%)

In the men’s category, Lee Seung Gi won first place with 35.2% of the votes (320). Followed by Jo In Sung (20.8%), Hyun Bin (18%), Nichkhun (15.7%) and Lee Min Ho (10.3%)

Source: Nate

credit: kpopanda

Guest shy_hyo

yup, I have heard the news ilwoo_aein.

but, I really hope I can see my favorite couple "SeungJoo (LSG-HHJ)" once againlaugh.gif

ah, Thank you for always updating..

Annyeong~~

Hi shy_hyo, it's okay if Lee Seunggi will have new drama project with Hyo Joo again :D I think lots of fans of "Brilliant Legacy" couple can't wait for this couple to back again together on small screen soon ;)

Anyway, Lee Seunggi is nominated as "Best Actor" in Seoul International Drama Awards 2011". This category involves Netizen votes. In addition, His drama "My Girlfriend is Gumiho" is also nominated as "Best Mini Series". You can check this link to vote: "Seoul International Drama Awards 2011"

Guest shy_hyo

ilwoo_aein....I'm sorry, but I have to say that LSG and other actors or actresses doesn't nominated as best actor or actress..

they are nominated for popularity award....laugh.gif (because I don't agree if acting quality equal with popularitylaugh.gif)

you know, Seoul International Drama Award only open the poll for popularity award as usual...

but, this year they added most popular OST category

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Seung Gi of 1 Night 2 Days is no more futile! He is meticulous~

Lee Seung Gi showed became meticulous as a scary team representative.

In an episode of 1 Night 2 Days, which aired on July 31, received ‘Find the no. 1 waterfall in Korea’ mission.

Eum Tae Woong, Lee Seung Gi, Eun Ji Won were in the scary team, and Kang Ho Dong, Kim Jong Min, Lee Soo Geun were in the stupid team. They were in search for a waterfall in Jeju Island, which can only be seen when raining.

Since the first, second and third people who get to the waterfall can make a wish, the scary team sent Lee Seung Gi to Jeju Island on a plane to get there first; the first place gets to help the other two members.

Lee Seung Gi arrived in Jeju Island forty minutes before the other team, and rented a car. Lee Seung Gi showed his meticulous side by calculating the time the other team should take to get to the waterfall. He showed a completely different side; he was usually known as futile Seung Gi.

Meanwhile, after hearing that Seung Gi took first place, the rest of the stupid team struggled to take the second and third place.

Source: Newsen from Nate

by ilnungcha@Korea.com

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Annyeong~~

Hi shy_hyo! Really? Omo, something's wrong with my eyes then. Didn't read the category carefully :lol: Thanks for clarifying ;) Anyway, i really hope Lee Seunggi will have new drama project this year. I miss him so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Lee Seung Gi talks about the pressures of variety shows

On the August 14th episode of KBS’s ‘1 Night 2 Days‘, Lee Seung Gi revealed that he had gone through a period of severe hair loss due to the pressures of advancing into the variety industry as a singer.

Lee Seung Gi began said, “Variety shows are a lot of pressure for singers. When I first began three years ago, I couldn’t even sleep right. During ‘X-Man‘ and ‘Heroine 6‘, everything just felt so stressful that I wanted to run away from it all. My heart felt so heavy after the dancing segments.”

He continued by confessing, “I was so stressed from it all that I began losing hair over it. It was difficult having to come up with a new dance every week for a variety show. Around the time that I thought that I was lacking in variety skills, I joined ‘1 Night 2 Days’.”

On joining the show, he commented, “The hyungs kept telling me that I was doing okay. They sacrificed themselves by playing the evil roles for me. Thinking about it now, it was difficult for me, but my hyungs’ strengths made what I was doing look bigger than it actually was.”

Source: Seoul NTN via Naver

by VITALSIGN @allkpop

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Lee Seung Gi is losing his hair

Lee Seung Gi talked about his past and when he was under great pressure because of the entertainment programs.

On the 14th, members of KBS 2TV’s Happy Sunday-Two Days and One Night sent letters to a radio program to get tickets to go abroad.

Lee said, “Kang Ho Dong kept talking about how careless the entertainers were in their duties, which got me thinking about it too. The entertainment programs are burdensome to singers.”

“When I first shot the entertainment program three years ago, I couldn’t sleep well. I wanted to run away from it when I shot X Man and Six Girls. I especially didn’t like the dancing part,” he added.

He said, “I was losing my hair because of stress. It was hard for me to prepare new dances every week. I thought I wasn’t good at shooting entertainment programs. Then I joined Two Days and One Night.” Lee has been with the program since November 2007 and soon became a favorite entertainer.

Lee also thanked to other members in the program. “Other members always told me that I was doing well. They sacrificed themselves to make me look good. Thanks to them, I was able to do the nice things.”

Lee’s letter was finally selected on a radio program.

Source: Sports Chosun

by dkrogers @ Korea.com

Lee Seung-gi Discloses Near Balding Due to Entertainment Stress

"Emperor" Lee Seung-gi disclosed he was suffering from stress about entertainment performances before on the third "ROK waterfalls journey" special episode of "Happy Sunday-Two Days and One Night" that aired on July 14.

On the episode, members of "Two Days and One Night" scattered to various locations, were briefed about waterfalls across the nation, and disclosed their personal stories in order to carry out a mission to send a letter on the radio.

Lee Seung-gi said, "In the earlier period of my entertainment career, I could not sleep well at night because of excessive stress." Lee, who was active on diverse entertainment programs including "Six heroines" went on, "I did not know what to do. I had to exercise by dancing to perform on an entertainment program every week." He disclosed, "I wanted to go away. I was near balding because of stress."

He wholeheartedly thanked members of "Two Days and One Night" for their support, saying, "After I joined 'Two days and one night,' my seniors rendered me major support. They assumed evil characters themselves, making my behavior impressive to the viewers.

On the episode, he won the mission to send a letter on the radio and was awarded a prize of an overseas trip.

He drew attention from the viewers when he chose Lee Su-geun as his partner for his overseas trip.

by youngkim @askactor

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Seung Gi is the King of commercials

1314664728196789.jpg

Lee Seung Gi’s fans nicknamed him the King of commercials.

Lee is a handsome and talented singer and he also does a good job on entertainment programs. As a result, many companies want Lee to be their representative. Lee is currently the representative for eleven companies.

According to Korea CM Value, Lee ranked first on a three month likability survey.

An officials said, “Many people like Lee’s kind smile and his clever personality.”

A dentist said, “I agree that he is the king of commercials. His smile makes people trust him, especially his clean and even teeth.”

A person who works in the advertising world said, “People admit he is sincere. He smiles all the time and that helps people buy the products.”

Lee will make his singing comeback soon.

Source: TV Daily from Nate

by dkrogers / Korea.com

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won are very close friends

201108240826221001_1.jpg

Actors Cha Seung Won and Lee Seung Gi recently shot a commercial together.

Lee is the spokesperson for Samsung Zipel refrigerators, and he shot a commercial with his good friend Cha.

Samsung Electronics released pictures of the set and showed Lee and Cha hanging out together.

In the pictures, both are jokingly sharing a warm embrace, smiling, and making the V sign.

The concept of the commercial was brotherly love, so they ate kimchi together. Their performance was genuine and they spent time together laughing and enjoying each others company even during breaks.

Lee said, “I was so happy to shoot the commercial with my favorite actor. I have so much respect for his work. Thanks to him I was very comfortable on the set.”

Cha said, “I’ve never hugged a man before. Lee is well known as a polite man and he definitely is a nice guy.”

You can see the behind the scenes video on the Samsung Electronics home page starting on the 25th.

Source: Newsen from Nate

by dkrogers / Korea.com

Lee Seung Gi & After School for “The Saem” cosmetics

Lee Seung Gi and popular idol group After School recently came together to film a CF for ‘The Saem‘ cosmetics.

The producers felt that Lee Seung Gi would effectively introduce the new fermented tea serum product to fans, and that After School would be a delightful addition by stylishly showing off the product.

A representative from the company stated, “In order to express The Saem’s different and unique qualities, we’re planning to create makeup ads and commercials,” adding, “The special serum moisturizes the skin and gives it a fresh feeling.”

The advertisements with Lee Seung Gi and After School are said to be modern, chic, and witty. Lee Seung Gi’s soft charisma steadily shone through amidst the sleek beauty of the After School girls.

After School leader Kahi also commented, “This was our first cosmetic CF, so all of the members felt that it would be much more challenging to complete. We all enjoyed working in the outgoing atmosphere, and we hope you enjoy this innocent image of After School!”

video: The Saem CF 30s - Lee Seung Gi & After School

Source: AINews via Nate

by Kingpolo / allkpop

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Jang Geun Suk wants to be friends with Lee Seung Gi

Popular actor and singer Jang Geun Suk recently was a guest on MBC’s “Knee-Drop Guru” and on the show he revealed his urge to be friends with Lee Seung Gi.

The “Asian Prince” filmed the episode on August 31th at MBC’s Dream Center in Ilsan, and spoke about a variety of topics including his international fame and quick rise to the top of the Oricon music charts. However, what received the most attention was his revelation of wanting to be friends with Lee Seung Gi. Jang Geun Suk stated, “I really would like to be friends with Lee Seung Gi since we’re the same age.”

In the beginning of the recording, Jang Geun Suk was observed as being very nervous and shy, but over time he loosened up. His humorous and witty side shone through, and he was able to speak eloquently.

His appearance was filmed in a format to fit two separate episodes, the first of which will air on September 7th.

Source: Nate

by Kingpolo / allkpop

Parents want Lee Seung Gi and Han Hyo Joo to come home for Chuseok

Singer and actor Lee Seung Gi was recently selected as the most wanted son-in-law by parents that want their daughters to bring home a fiance for Chuseok (the harvest festival).

The survey was conducted by KBS starting from the 1st to the 3rd. Lee had 1,146 votes among 3,005 men and women older than twenty.

Um Tae Woong, who is currently appearing on KBS’s Two Days And One Night, ranked second with 679 votes and Hyun Bin, who is currently serving in the Army, ranked third with 550 votes.

They were followed by many actors, including, Cho In Sung, Ji Sung, Ko Soo, Won Bin, Park Si Hoo, So Ji Sub, and Kang Dong Won.

On the other hand, actress Han Hyo Joo ranked first for the most wanted daughter-in-law.

Han was loved by many fans for her warmth and innocent charms.

Kim Tae Hee ranked second, and Moon Geun Young ranked third.

They were followed by many actresses, including, Lee Min Jung, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Ha Neul, Kim Sun Ah, Son Ye Jin, Ku Hye Sun, Choi Kang Hee, and many more.

Source: OSEN from Nate

by dkrogers / Korea.com

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Seung Gi Holds Successful Fan Meeting in Japan

After 1 year and 3 months, singer Lee Seung Gi reunited with his Japanese fans on September 16 for his Japan fan meeting.

On this day, Lee Seung Gi stood in the heat of 2,500 fans as he sang the title song of his 4th album “Love Teaches Alcohol.” After the song, he revealed, “I spent my Chuseok holidays recording for my upcoming 5th album and I even participated in composing lyrics, so you can anticipate it.”

He continued on in saying, “Chuseok is an important time to spend with family but I’m able to spend this valuable time with family, so I believe that we’re family,” earning a loud cheer from the crowd.

He also said, “I was extremely sad in seeing the news” when speaking about the fans in Japan who faced the earthquake in Japan.

Meanwhile on this day, Lee Seung Gi sang his hit songs at the concert, such as “Will You Marry Me.”

by: noodlesoul @ soompi

wuahhh, thank you ilwoo_aein,

DAEBAK news from DAEBAK seng Gi..

LSG and Hyo Joo are most favorable son and daughter in-law, off course they arelaugh.giflaugh.gif

I really wanna see them together again..

ah, talking about Japan FanMeeting, Hyo Joo will also has Japan FM on 10 October...

Both of them are popular in Japan..wuahhh, so many similarity from themlaugh.gif

Lee Seung Gi is also popular among elders

2011092313381356382_1.jpg

Singer and actor Lee Seung Gi is very popular among men and women of all ages.

On the 23rd, pictures from the set for KBS’s 1 Night 2 Days were released online and on Twitter.

The five members on the show recently shot a five-day market special episode.

In the pictures, Lee is buying groceries at the traditional market in South Jeolla Province. Lee is smiling and the people around him are also looking at him and smiling. Lee is also popular among elders.

The five members, minus Kang Ho Dong will appears on the show until February. Kang Ho Dong recently announced his tentative retirement from the entertainment world.

Source: Star News

by dkrogers / Korea.com

Hi shy_hyo, your welcome ;) Yes, me too! I want to see them together again as couple ^_^

Hyojoo won't be Seukki's couple in Yoon Seuk Ho's new drama as reported before..Yoona has been cast to be Seukki's couple..I really hope Hyojoo can have a new drama with Seunggi again just like you wish :D

First look at Lee Seung Gi as ‘Strong Heart’ MC without Kang Ho Dong

20110924leeseunggi1.jpg

On September 24th, the producers of SBS‘s ‘Strong Heart‘ gave fans a first look of Lee Seung Gi filming as the solo MC of the show.

Lee Seung Gi’s first recording without his co-MC Kang Ho Dong was held on the 22nd at a public hall in SBS. Although the pressure of having to fill the shoes of Kang Ho Dong laid greatly upon his shoulders, Lee Seung Gi managed to pull it off, creating a wholesome, family-like set that was full of laughter.

Although it was his first ever solo attempt at MCing for such a large show, representatives were impressed with his clean and witty talent.

Producers of SBS stated, “We understand that he must’ve been under considerable pressure, but he did not show any signs of nervousness at all and didn’t hesitate in creating a great show. While watching today’s recording, we were all once again stunned by his wit and intelligence.”

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate

by VITALSIGN / allkpop

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Lee Seung Gi to sing at the “Asia Song Festival” + will release new album in October?

Lee Seung Gi will be returning as a singer through the “2011 Asia Song Festival”!

According to the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange on September 23rd, Lee Seung Gi will be participating in the “2011 Asia Song Festival” on October 14th in Daegu. He will be collaborating with Super Junior‘s Siwon, SNSD‘s YoonA, and numerous other Asian celebrities.

It’s also being reported that around this time, Lee Seung Gi will be releasing an official album, his first in two years. Brown Eyed Soul‘s Jung Yeob, and producing team Honey Duo will lend their talents to his album. Reportedly, “Bad Guy“ is said to be the title track.

Stay tuned for more info on Lee Seung Gi’s new album and concert appearance!

Source: MoneyToday via Naver

by GONI / allkpop