Hwang Jung-Min 황정민 [Upcoming Movies: “12.12: The Day”, “Mission Cross”, “Veteran 2”, “Hope”]

Helena

I KNOW. :wacko: Does he ever sleep?? He's been doing 3~4 projects a year since 2005. (Not that I'm complaining...^^)

I'm pretty excited about him working with UJH again--they had great chemistry in "My Lovely Week" (whose director, Min GyuDong, is again directing them for this omnibus).

it's one month late ,but thanks for the clip.^

i have watched the trailer .lol but didnt dare upload it since it has rating of 19+ ..but i have captures of the trailer ..there are more poster revealed but hwang jung min isnt in the main poster , there are stills for his part of the story ...

i think his story goes like this he get into car accident (not sure if he die? i think i read he was dead ).and only then the wife realise he has been close to her hou bae..and later i think the two women live together ..

Eros.jpg

Eros1.jpg

captures of the trailer

Eros2.jpg

Eros3.jpg

^ HJM looks so serious + sexy in the latest movie still. :blush:

I can't help but chuckled to myself as a friend mentioned 'That Fool' being called the 'one-man show' by a prominent reviewer. Undoubtly with a very cynical undertone, which I can't agree more to that (if it's not for HJM's performance that really keeps the interest going) yet I love the series even better. ^^ HJM's magic works.. all that matters. :lol:

June 1, 2009

Dong-baek, Ji-soo of 'The Accidental Couple' on a 'Real' Date

The two main characters of the KBS TV2 series “The Accidental Couple,” Dong-baek and Ji-soo, who are married by contract, have begun going out on "real" dates. In episode 9, which aired May 27, Ji-soo asks Dong-baek out after hearing that he had never been on a date before, and the two spend quality time together.

59_168_l.jpg

59_169_l.jpg

Because Dong-baek wants to try an ordinary date, he and Ji-soo watch a movie, stroll along the streets and sip coffee. It is a simple yet special date that the couple enjoys in a romantic and innocent mood. Since Dong-baek and Ji-soo began living under the same roof, the overall mood of the drama has been very romantic and cheerful, receiving positive feedback from viewers. Viewers are looking forward to seeing the two characters go out on more dates.

59_170_l.jpg

59_171_l.jpg

The dating scenes for the drama were filmed in Myeong-dong, Seoul. The shoot caused severe congestion as hundreds of onlookers flocked to see the actors. On the question how she would spend time with the man she loves if she had only six months to be with him, actress Kim Ah-joong said she would want to travel with her boyfriend and just enjoy their time together with no regard whatsoever for what other people think. Episode 9, which aired on May 27, showed many funny scenes about Dong-baek’s post office coworkers visiting his home for a housewarming party and his first date with Ji-soo.

By: Jin Young-ju, KBSi / Source: Y&S Communication / Copyright - KBS & KBSi / english.kbs.co.kr

does anyone here knows where i can watch "happiness". Thanks a lot.

Hello elisemarco, welcome to HJM thread.. very happy to see you here. ^^

I've seen Happiness previously, downloaded from a clubbox before but I didn't keep a copy and hardisk was swept by an abrupt reformat, unfortunately. However, lately.. there're a lot of streaming sites that offer various Kmovies to watch. I've only just found out about this which is good as CBs doesn't work quite as well as before and lots of other pc problems. Anyway.. I've checked MySoju but Happiness is not listed though.

Wait.. I think someone posted a link to a site (registration needed) for Happiness viewing. Let's check the movie thread if the link still valid.

happiness

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99436

Happiness MU Links

are available on Lets Look Forum

PS : You have to register to be able to download the movies ^^

Anyone with more info on HJM's movies to view & discuss, do share with us here.. too. :blush:

June 3, 2009

Movieweek's Most Beautiful Celebrities 2009

In magazines: MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.

top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young

top 10 beautiful males: Zo In Sung, Ha Jung Woo, Hwang Jung Min, Jung Woo Sung, Won Bin, Jang Dong Gun, So Ji Sub, Song Kang Ho, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jung Jae

movieweekhjm.jpg

Source: kpculture.com

Behind the Drama

June 3, 2009

Kim Ah-joong Kisses Hwang Jeong-min in ‘The Accidental Couple’

In “The Accidental Couple,” Gu Dong-baek (Hwang Jeong-min) and Han Ji-woo (Kim Ah-joong), had their first kiss.

In the May 27 episode, Ji-soo prepared lunch for Dong-baek and brought it to his office because Park Gyeong-ae, Dong-baek’s coworker, is suspicious of their relationship. She kissed Dong-baek in front of Gyeong-ae’s eyes to make her believe that they are a “real” couple.

61_175_l.jpg

61_176_l.jpg

▲ Han Ji-soo kisses Gu Dong-baek.

The scene showed how brightly and actively Ji-soo had changed since she met Dong-baek. When she was seeing Kim Gwang-mo (Joo Sang-wook), she felt heartbroken that she had to keep her relationship with Kim a secret. Dong-baek’s reaction to Ji-soo’s unexpected kiss also showed how “innocent” he is. Surprised, he stood still as if he were frozen.

“I felt a little nervous before shooting the scene, because in reality I am so shy that I have even never dared to ask someone out whom I liked,” Kim Ah-joong reportedly said. “But the entire staff cheered me on so that I could act comfortably, and I feel good to hear that I looked sweet in the scene.”

As the kiss is expected to bring the two characters closer and make them feel more intimate, expectations are running high about how their relationship will develop. The two had agreed to marry under a six-month contract.

“The Accidental Couple” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m.

Source: english.kbs.co.kr

June 5, 2009

'The Accidental Couple': Dong-baek and Ji-soo on a Picnic

In episode 10 of the KBS TV2 series “The Accidental Couple,” Dong-baek and Ji-soo went on a picnic in line with Sang-chul’s project to make their marriage “real.” The episode ended with Ji-soo learning about Dong-baek and Sang-chul’s plot. In episode 11, Ji-soo decides to go on a picnic with Sang-chul to find out what he and Dong-baek have on their minds.

65_186_l.jpg

65_187_l.jpg

Picnic scenes from episode 11

Dong-baek, who has no idea about Ji-soo’s intentions, dresses up according to Sang-chul’s instructions and heads to a park with Ji-soo on a bike. The two eat sandwiches on the lawn and ride in a boat. Dong-baek does his best to spend quality time with Ji-soo. His hands become covered with blisters after rowing the boat too hard. But after Ji-soo, mesmerized by Dong-baek’s pure-hearted personality, confesses to him that he is indispensable to her life, her relationship with Dong-baek is likely to change dramatically.

Meanwhile, Hwang Jeong-min said rowing the boat was hard on his arms but that he enjoyed it, adding that luckily Kim Ah-joong doesn’t weight much. Kim Ah-joong said she wanted badly to go on a real picnic because the weather was just lovely, but that she was happy at least to enjoy the weather by filming picnic scenes.

As the romance between Dong-baek and Ji-soo keeps heating up, the series recorded the highest viewer rating last week since its beginning. The upcoming episodes of the drama will show the hilarious picnic scenes as well as the characters’ dancing skills.

Episode 11 of “The Accidental Couple” aired June 3 at 9:55 p.m.

By Jin Young-ju, KBSi / Source: Y&S Communication / english.kbs.co.kr

Movieweek's Most Beautiful Celebrities 2009

In magazines: MovieWeek ran a special featuring the top 10 beautiful faces among male and female celebrities, as chosen by various photographers. The photos are from several different sources over some period of time.

top 10 beautiful females: Kim Hye Soo, Shin Mina, Han Ye Seul, Lee Na Young, Son Ye Jin, Su Ae, Jeon Do Yeon, Lim Soo Jung, Kim Ok Bin, Moon Geun Young

top 10 beautiful males: Zo In Sung, Ha Jung Woo, Hwang Jung Min, Jung Woo Sung, Won Bin, Jang Dong Gun, So Ji Sub, Song Kang Ho, Lee Min Ho, Lee Jung Jae

movieweekhjm.jpg

#3. Hwang Jung Min

Hwang Jung Min, a true 'perm' man with the special aura

Photographer Kim Jeong Su (C Studio), Art Hub TEO

"In the movies, more dramatic pictures and improvisation are needed more than the acting. When he's in the movie, he looks best as if he's in the photos."”

Photographer Oh Jung Seok (Jinieoseu Studio), Art Hub TEO

"He's born to learn and to express. He doesn't take time to waste anything. Always demonstrates a serious attitude, and during his screen time, the camera seems to always able to capture his special aura."

Photographer Kim Beom Ryeol, Art Hub TEO

"He is unique. And can show world's best imagination. When shooting alone, Hwang Jung Min knows how to show some fun while learning."”

Photographer Lian Wu

"I have never worked directly with him. But he has a power to change, from a wicked one to a strong, kind person. And that naughty look of his displays his inner strength and beauty."”

Translation by ay_link @ http://www.jazzholic.com/2009/06/04/moview...pecial-feature/

Original article: http://www.movieweek.co.kr/article/article.html?aid=19584

He was also on the list in 2006 (#4), 2007 (#6), 2008 (#11).

Behind the Drama

Confession of Love Draws Viewers to ‘The Accidental Couple’

The KBS2 drama “The Accidental Couple” is enjoying growing popularity as it is nearing the end. Thanks to the relationship between Gu Dong-baek (Hwang Jeong-min) and Han Ji-soo (Kim Ah-joong) getting more intimate, the show's viewer ratings have been rising, with the June 4 episode garnering its own record-high ratings of 13.1 percent.

The ratings are expected to keep rising as viewers have become more curious about how the relationship between Dong-baek and Ji-soo will develop. The June 4 episode ended with a scene where Dong-baek confesses his feelings for her, catching Ji-soo off guard.

71_207_l.jpg

▲ Scenes from the June 4 episode where Ji-soo tries to make Dong-baek laugh and Dong-baek confesses his feelings for her

Told by Kim Jeong-wook (Chung Dong-hwan), the father of Kim Kang-mo (Joo Sang-wook), Ji-soo’s boyfriend, that Kang-mo will marry another girl, Dong-baek became infuriated and went to meet Kang-mo. “Do not tell Ji-soo that you are going to marry until you really have to,” Dong-baek told him. “That way, she will have less time to feel heartbroken.” Kang-mo asked Dong-baek if he had come to like Ji-soo, and Dong-baek admitted it, saying, “I’ve naturally come to like her since we see each other every day and spend much time together.”

When he saw Ji-soo going to meet Kang-mo, Dong-baek asked her not to go. “This is my second wish I make to you. I feel very blue today, so please stay here and make me laugh,” he said. So Ji-soo acted comically and did various actions to amuse him.

71_208_l.jpg

▲ Scenes from the June 4 episode where Dong-baek meets Kang-mo’s father

When Kang-mo’s father offered him a blank check in return for maintaining his contract marriage to Ji-soo, Dong-beak wrote an indefinite amount that he said Ji-soo is worth and asked him if he is rich enough to give that much money. Leaving his office angry, he said, “You must love your son dearly, but you know, Han Ji-soo is also a beloved daughter of someone.”

“The Accidental Couple” is being praised as a heart-warming drama that makes viewers smile. It airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

By Jin Young-ju, KBSi / Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi / KBS Global

Upcoming Kissu.. thanks to Anne at That Fool thread :lol:

3612682618_52f60ac439.jpg

Guest elisemarco

thanks for the welcome and for the link. i still have to find out if it works though... i haven't been back here for quite a while because i've been busy reading "that fool's" forum and waiting for the latest episodes to be eng subbed... can't contain my happiness with his version of "over the rainbow"... kept listening to it over and over while working! i've been bitten by the HJM bug! :D

i'm currently downloading the movie. Thanks a lot for the link!

^ Glad that you've found the link to download Happiness, elisemarco.. that is good to know.. do share with us your thoughts later. :blush:

And I so agree with your thoughts on the 'Over the Rainbow' rendition by GDB & the Swallows ^^.. they're just like pros! I'm so bowled over by HJM-ssi in the scene. :wub: Of course, he's no stranger to musicals and Shirley had mentioned once that HJM sang at a wedding before.. can't recall whose but he does have a nice voice and can definitely deliver a soothing tune. The drama is just awesome, and GDB simply rocks! :P

1l1244785224.jpg

They sure played a lot of indoor family games in the series.. bringing back that childhood fun memories.. :lol:

2009061231072513.jpg

Hello everyone!

saw this vod in youtube..he is one of the guest in kim jung eun's chocolate

he is really such a great actor!

his performance in one of the scene in episode 14..when they are singing the song Somewhere over the rainbow was awesome! :D

he is so funny in family outing! =)

thank u Rubie for your dedication & commitment to this thread. I went through all the pages & read most of the articles a couple of weeks ago but was busy watching The Accidental Couple to come here & talk about him. Haha! Currently in withdrawal mode... =D

does this man ever take a break? think he'll film a new movie in August

3649301036_27a4b646d5_o.jpg

Source: '바쁘다~바빠!' 황정민, 8월부터는 영화 촬영 돌입

miss goo dong baek >>

3646613471_67a6f465b9_o.jpg

Shirley had mentioned once that HJM sang at a wedding before.. can't recall whose

It was at director Hur JinHo's wedding. ;)

Video of his song: http://www.mgoon.com/view.htm?id=659918 [MediaFire]

200705310522.jpg

Yes, he has a lovely voice. *sigh*

Btw (can't believe I forgot to share this here), HJM and Ryu SeungBeom (double the awesomeness, double the squee!) recorded a digital single with hip-hop group Leessang for their 2006 film "Bloody Tie." The track is "누구를 위한 삶인가?" (Who are you living for? / Who do you live for?). LOVE this song (admittedly I'm biased :lol: ). RSB just raps, but HJM gets to showcase his strong, rich baritone.

l0029507rw5.jpg

mp3: [MegaUpload] [MediaFire] [SendSpace]

Music Video (mostly scenes from the movie + a few recording studio clips): [YouTube] [MegaUpload]

But what's even mooaaaarrrrr swoon-worthy is their live performance on Yoon DoHyun's Love Letter. Enjoy~ :wub:

[YouTube] [MegaUpload]

2007061610065210011.jpg

2007061610065210012.jpg

2007061610065210013.jpg

2007061610065210014.jpg

credit: Newsen

Too bad no subbing group took up "That Fool", I really wanted to watch it because of HJM (maybe I'll do it anyway via ViiKii, though I don't have the patience for streaming vids and would rather download). But I am glad that a lot of people seem to have fallen for the drama's (and its leading man's) simple charms. (:

Here are 2 reviews that are practically a love letter to HJM and his Gu DongBaek: :P

by MisterX: http://www.soompi.com/kdrama_reviews_%EA%B...al_couple_ep_58

by Dahee Fanel: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/06/accident...ouple-a-review/

think he'll film a new movie in August

Source: '바쁘다~바빠!' 황정민, 8월부터는 영화 촬영 돌입

The article is talking about the Lee JoonIk film Like the Moon Escaping from the Clouds. Don't understand Korean, but I hope it says that filming will start soon (and not be delayed due to financial troubles or the like) because I love all 3 actors and have been crazy excited for that movie ever since casting was announced.

i think his story goes like this he get into car accident (not sure if he die? i think i read he was dead ).and only then the wife realise he has been close to her hou bae..and later i think the two women live together ..

Thanks for the info, shirley! The trailer is definitely oohhhlala. :sweatingbullets::lol: I figured the story would focus on UJH and KHJ's characters, hence HJM's absence from the poster (on the other hand, it's a bit strange that Jang Hyuk and Cha HyunJung aren't in the poster either).

Isn't it interesting how Min GyuDong seems to be fascinated with non-traditional relationships (though his films can't be easily classified as queer cinema)? There's the 2 schoolgirls in love with each other in "Memento Mori", the self-hating gay father and the male nanny in "My Lovely Week", the boylovegalore in "Antique", and now in "Ogamdo" rivals-turned-lovers with a supernatural twist. I say, more power to him.^^ His and Hur JinHo's shorts are the ones I'm most looking forward to in the omnibus.

^ HJM looks so serious + sexy in the latest movie still. :blush:

Agreed. (hee hee)

Hi malenn and anne, welcome to Hwang Jung Min's.. so happy to see more fans joining and sharing about this incredible Superman-actor. :lol:

It was at director Hur JinHo's wedding. ;)

http://www.mgoon.com/view.htm?id=659918 [MediaFire]

Yes, he has a lovely voice. *sigh* Btw (can't believe I forgot to share this here), HJM and Ryu SeungBeom (double the awesomeness, double the squee!) recorded a digital single with hip-hop group Leessang for their 2006 film "Bloody Tie." The track is 누구를 위한 삶인가?" (Who are you living for? / Who do you live for?). LOVE this song (admittedly I'm biased :lol: ). RSB just raps, but HJM gets to showcase his strong, rich baritone.

mp3: [MegaUpload] [MediaFire] [SendSpace]

Music Video (mostly scenes from the movie + a few recording studio clips): [YouTube] [MegaUpload]

But what's even mooaaaarrrrr swoon-worthy is their live performance on Yoon DoHyun's Love Letter. Enjoy~ :wub:

[YouTube] [MegaUpload]

WAHHHHHH!!! :w00t: HJM GOODIE GALORE! :wub: Merci Beaucoup melusine-ssi! Will definitely download and absolutely enjoy these fabulous clips, can't wait to watch when the days are much lighter for a treat so cool.

My two most fave men in the business.. always full of surprises.. with awesome voices to boot! :wub:

Oops.. for the HJH highlight.. how can this blurpanda forget thatbricks.gif .. his Happiness director. :blush:

Too bad no subbing group took up "That Fool", I really wanted to watch it because of HJM (maybe I'll do it anyway via viikki, though I don't have the patience for streaming vids and would rather download). But I am glad that a lot of people seem to have fallen for the drama's (and its leading man's) simple charms. (:

Here are 2 reviews that are basically a love letter to HJM and his Gu DongBaek: :P

by MisterX: http://www.soompi.com/kdrama_reviews_%EA%B...al_couple_ep_58

by Dahee Fanel: http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/06/accident...ouple-a-review/

HaruHaru are subbing THAT FOOL.. they've just posted the episode 7 subs. The drama is simply awesome, a must watch indeed. rbhcool.gif

I admit all my apprehension and much anxiety have all dispersed away. HJM truly lights the series so warm and perfect. A great tv debut for him and a joy for the fans especially. Personally, I'm so glad to be able to stay through the drama as I should and learned so many things along the way.. to give and take, be considerate and be there as a fan. Nothing more, nothing less. :D

It was interestingly mentioned that character GDB was just too good to be true which I initially agree but as the days go by.. and if we ponder a bit more, we can see that there are actually GDBs in the world. But these precious souls are not whom we would see immediately but they are there.. around us. HJM's role may be fiction (for the drama) but his feelings are all true and real.

Thanks so much for sharing the HJM-GDB Love Letters, can't agree more.. I have one myself :lol: ..

The article is talking about the Lee JoonIk film Like the Moon Escaping from the Clouds. Don't understand Korean, but I'm hoping that it will start filming soon (and not be delayed due to financial troubles or the like) because I love all 3 actors and have been crazy excited for that movie ever since casting was announced.

HaruHaru are subbing THAT FOOL.. they've just posted the episode 7 subs.

:w00t: I didn't realize! Thanks a million rubie~~~~~

HJM truly lights the series so warm and perfect. A great tv debut for him and a joy for the fans especially.

That's what I hear. :) May this drama not be his last.

Personally, it’s important to enjoy the work as well as the work environment. I felt so lucky to be able to work together with Hwang Jung Min sunbaenim. He really has the ability to make people feel at ease and so the atmosphere during filming is always comfortable
.” -- Kim AhJoong

Source:

It's always so good to read positive discussions on truly talented actors.. we'd always find and learn something new everyday. *yupyup!*

When HJM won the Blue Dragon Best Actor award, it was truly one of the most memorable moments in Korean film awards & industry recognition.. which I didn't manage to re-capture when starting this thread. This is when everyone's sharing counts because we could never do everything alone..

Hwang JungMin-ssi..

ty299as.gif .. for Goo DongBaek!

Thanks so much to Yoonah for this precious highlight :blush: we've got the photos at page 1 but blurr that I am.. wasn't always able to share more.. so, I really appreciate the sharing from the bottom of my heart. ^^

28 yoonah - Jun 21, 2009 at 10:17 pm via dramabeans.com

HJM’s memorable acceptance speech at the 2005 Blue Dragon Awards when he won Best Actor for 'You Are My Sunshine':

“I always say this to people… that I am nothing but an actor; because the real key is those sixty odd people, the crew and my fellow actors, who arranged this wonderful table for me to feast upon. All I had to do was just sitting down and cheerfully eating what they prepared for me, nothing more. But, for some strange reason, the spotlight only points at me now. And I sort of feel sorry about that. And thankful at the same time.”

credit: MisterX’s review @ tinyurl.com l dramabeans.com

June 22, 2009

‘The Accidental Couple’ Draws Curtain with Happy Ending

The KBS2 drama “The Accidental Couple” aired its final 16th episode on June 18, which saw a happy ending where Han Ji-soo (Kim Ah-joong) and Gu Dong-baek (Hwang Jeong-min) married for real.

85_251_l.jpg

Scenes from the last episode of “The Accidental Couple”

Dong-baek asked Ji-soo to end their contract marriage and divorce him, but Ji-soo said, crying, that she did not want a divorce. He told her, “I was dishonest. Now that I have really gotten to love you, divorce will not be an end but a new beginning. I want to divorce you so that I can start all over again with you. I want to be your real lover.”

Dong-baek was subjected to criticism from his sister as well as his colleagues and Ji-soo’s fans, who even attacked him so severely that he had to be hospitalized. But all these obstacles made Dong-baek and Ji-soo love each other more, and they enjoyed dating secretly and spending other time together.

In a press conference later to announce her divorce, Ji-soo confessed that she had married Dong-baek under a six-month contract but that she had really come to love him and would not divorce him. There, she proposed to him, and they kissed. And they had another wedding amid the blessings of relatives and friends to become a “real” couple.

The episode ended with Ji-soo and Dong-baek’s narration saying, “The six months we first wished would pass in a flash has changed us all. It seems we have grown up a bit. Now we know where true happiness comes from.”

Viewers expressed their impressions on the drama’s web board, saying that they continually smiled while watching it and felt happy after each viewing. They said they were fortunate to watch such an entertaining drama.

Actor Baek Sung-hyun, who played Han Sang-cheol, Ji-soo’s brother, also wrote his feeling about being part of the drama. He said, “I feel as if I will still live as Sang-cheol when I get up tomorrow morning, going to my sister Ji-soo’s home. I feel proud of our drama because all the staff and casting members gave it all they have, and am honored to be a part of this heart-warming, happy drama.”

Meanwhile, “The Accidental Couple” will be replaced by “The Partner,” which deals with the life of young lawyers at a law firm. It stars Cho Chul-ho, Kim Hyun-joo, Lee Dong-wook and Lee Honey.

Source: Behind the Scene l KBS Global

Guest Dahee Fanel

Just dropping by to see what's up. :) I've always loved Hwang Jung Min, but seeing his wonderful acting in That Fool made me love him 10000000x more. He is just incredible.

Thanks for sharing all the goodies. I'm lapping them up. :wub:

Btw, I heard he was on KBS's Guerilla Date recently. I've been looking for the video, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyone can help a Hwang Jung Min addict out?

Btw, I heard he was on KBS's Guerilla Date recently. I've been looking for the video, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyone can help a Hwang Jung Min addict out?

(1) http://www.kbs.co.kr/zzim/player/html/vmpl...?markid=1237827

(2) http://www.kbs.co.kr/zzim/player/html/vmpl...?markid=1237760

this is old but I came across it recently & it's totally worthy of posting it again (if it has been posted b4). Mr. Hwang singing at dir. hur jin ho (happiness) wedding. awesomeness!!!

http://video.cyworld.com/73726169