Hwang Jung-Min 황정민 [Upcoming Movies: “12.12: The Day”, “Mission Cross”, “Veteran 2”, “Hope”]

Helena

Guest ashleesimpson

hi all

I heard hwan jung min was the new guest of the famous variety show'' family outing''

wow he will reunite with his co-star in anycall CF, hyori, ( hyori and him are close)

his eps will be aired next week after lee bum soo's ep

March 15, 2009

Korean films to stage counterattack in April

200903150008.jpg

After a brief lull of Korean films this month, several new movies are lined up for April, including the much-hyped thriller "Private Eye" and the comic drama "Why Did You Come To My House?"

A heated rivalry is anticipated as seven Korean movies are scheduled for release, with three hitting theaters on the same day.

"Private Eye" will open in theaters on April 2. The movie features award-winning actor Hwang Jung-min as a detective chasing a murderer played by Ryu Deok-hwan during the Japanese colonial period.

Opening April 9 is "Why Did You Come to My House?" a film about a mysterious girl, played by Kang Hye-jeong, who forces herself into the home of a man, played by Park Hee-soon, who is addicted to attempting suicide.

On April 23, the comic action fare "Level 7 Bureaucrat" will be released, starring Kim Ha-neul and Kang Ji-hwan as special agents of the National Intelligence Service.

One of the most anticipated films in April is the independent "Breathless," directed by Yang Ik-june, who has already turned heads at various international movie festivals.

The most heated opening day is April 30, when three movies are scheduled to join the competition. Among the contenders is "Wandering Mr. Kim," directed by Lee Hae-jun. The film stars singer-turned-actress Jung Ryu-won and Jeong Jae-young, and is about a man who starts living on a deserted island on the Han River after a failed suicide attempt by jumping off a bridge.

Critically acclaimed director Park Chan-wook returns from the with "Thirst" after a three-year-hiatus after his box-office flop "I'm A Cyborg But That's OK." Park's new movie involves a well-respected priest (Song Kang-ho) who is turned into a vampire and falls in love with a friend's wife.

Another is "Insadong Scandal," starring Kim Rae-won and Uhm Jung-hwa, who play characters involved in a mystery surrounding the Joseon Dynasty painter An Gyeon's masterpiece "Byeokando."

Other movies that have not settled on an opening date but are likely to be released before the end of next month are director Hong Sang-soo's "You Don't Even Know" (working title) and director Jeon Soo-il's "Himalaya, Where the Wind Dwells," also known as "With a Girl of Himalaya."

The crowded release schedule for April results from production companies' decision to skip the so-called "slack season" of March and avoid May and June, which is when major Hollywood blockbusters are scheduled to land here.

By Lee-Joo-hee (angiely@heraldm.com) koreaherald.co.kr

March 19, 2009

First Time Director Indulges in Noir

The up and coming release of ‘Private Eye’ by first time Director PARK Dae-min continues a neo noir tradition led by notables including PARK Chan-wook (Oldboy) and KIM Jee-woon (The Good The Bad and The Weird). Even the title ‘Private Eye’ seems to pay homage to the 1930’s which is when the film is set. However, hidden behind the fedora hats is a curious mix of thriller, irony, comedy and action topped off by big budget illustrious sets.

A young medical student, when walking through the forest discovers a bloodied corpse. When his professional ambitions get the better of him he takes the corpse home for study opportunities only to find out it is the dead son of a powerful government official. Taking the body back he finds yet another corpse in its place. Here he recruits the help of the film’s private eye, anti hero played by Hwang Jung-Min (Black House).

Like Kim Jee-woon’s The Good The Bad and The Weird, an Asian action spaghetti western set in 1930’s Manchuria, Private Eye looks set to continue thischallenge against genre. In the formers case, it’s a continued development of an eclectic Korean styled noir. Private Eye will be released by CJ Entertainment on April the 2nd.

Credits: David Oxenbridge (KOFIC)

Guest kdramafanusa

OMG!!!! :wub: An upcoming drama. :)

KBS2TV 'Six Month' (Hwang Jung-Min & Kim Ah-Joong)

20090320095316603.jpg

20090320085106.468.0.jpg

Lead Stars of Upcoming Wednesday/Thursday Dramas

Kwon Sang-Woo (Cinderella Man), Cha Seung-Won (City Hall), Hwang Jung-Min (Six Month)

20090320092605437.jpg

Kim Ah-Joong (Six Month), Kim Sun-Ah (City Hall), Yoona (Cinderella Man)

20090320090211954.jpg

Images from MyDaily/Osen/Newsen/Daum

Source: Javabeans

Kim Sun-ah takes on Allure, City Hall

March 19th, 2009 // by javabeans

Kim Sun-ah shows her sexy side again for her latest photo shoot, this time for beauty magazine Allure. The shoot is described as “chic and modern,” though I think it’s also got a retro flapper vibe with her bobbed hairstyle.

The new look accompanies her next role; Kim’s next drama project is the upcoming City Hall [씨티홀], in which she stars as a mayor.

She says of the role, “I think the different hairstyle in playing the energetic mayor character of Shin Mi-rae was a good change that helped me find a different part of myself to show, and gave me a good feeling. I’ll do my best to suit my character and show many sides of myself.”

City Hall depicts Kim Sun-ah as a woman who worked herself up from lowly official to a mayoral position. It comes from the writer-director combo who worked on the successful SBS drama On Air, Kim Eun-sook and PD Shin Woo-chul. It co-stars Cha Seung-won (Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth), Chu Sang-mi (My Woman, Snow in August), and Lee Hyung-chul (On Air).

The drama is currently filming and will air on SBS on Wednesdays and Thursdays; it premieres mid-April and will follow the current series, Cain and Abel.

Incidentally, this puts Kim squarely opposite Kwon Sang-woo’s new MBC series, Cinderella Man, as well as a new KBS miniseries called Six Months starring movie stars Kim Ah-joong and Hwang Jung-min(!!!) which I’ll have to look up next.

Via Star News

well i saw a werid news today .which i seriously have mixed feelings because why would HJM be in such a drama with such a plot ...and i dun really know if it is confirmed , anything can changed these day ..so i dun post it at the news pinned thread , till i hear that HJM confirmed it .

i dun mind Kim Ah Jung but ...a courier man who entred into a contract marriage with a top star ..er ..isnt that story like so repeated ..

anyway ths is reported to be drama KBS Six Months and will be HJM first ever drama appearance .scheduled to be replacing Again Love .

황정민-김아중, ‘식스먼스’로 안방극장 공략

SSI_20090320113132_V.jpg

영화배우 황정민과 김아중이 KBS 2TV 새 수목드라마 ‘식스먼스’로 안방극장을 찾는다.

황정민과 김아중은 현재 방영되고 있는 KBS 2TV 수목드라마 ‘미워도 다시 한 번’ 후속으로 방송되는 ‘식스먼스’(가제)에서 함께 호흡을 맞춘다.

황정민은 이번 드라마를 통해 데뷔 14년 만에 처음으로 브라운관에 모습을 비춘다. 김아중 역시 2006년 ‘별난여자 별난남자’ 이후 3년만의 브라운관 복귀다.

‘식스먼스’ 제작사 관계자는 “‘식스먼스’는 시청자들이 설레어하며 볼 수 있는 행복함을 느낄 수 있는 드라마다.”고 전하며 “천부적인 연기력을 지니고 있는 배우 황정민과 완벽한 톱스타 한지수 역을 표현하는 김아중의 완벽한 호흡이 작품의 완성도와 재미를 가져다줄 것”이라고 기대감을 드러냈다.

황정민 김아중 캐스팅으로 벌써 화제가 되고 있는 ‘식스먼스’는 평범한 우체국 말단 직원인 구동백(황정민 분)과 대한민국 최고의 여배우 한지수(김아중 분)가 6개월간의 계약 결혼을 하게 되면서 펼쳐지는 동화 같은 로맨틱 코미디 장르다.

서울신문NTN 김예나 기자 yeah@seoulntn.com

^Yeah, I just read the news too (it's all over Naver)! :o:huh:

Hwang Jung Min and Kim A Joong have been cast as the leads of upcoming KBS drama Six Months (식스먼스). This will be Hwang's first drama project, and Kim's first TV role since Bizarre Woman, Bizarre Man (별난여자 별난남자) wrapped three years ago. The drama creators have expressed confidence that Hwang and Kim's respective star power will attract high numbers of viewers. Six Months will be about a postal office employee (Hwang) and top celebrity (Kim) who fall in love with each other. Other members of the cast include Lee Chung Ah (Chosun Police 2), Baek Sung Hyun (Kokkiri), Joo Sang Wook (Chun Ja's Happy Events), and Kim Gwang Gyu (The Secret of Keu Keu Island). The mini-series will be broadcast on Wednesday and Thursday evenings beginning in May.

Source: KPculture

I love HJM and watch almost everything he's in, but this is SO WEIRD. :blink:

^Yeah, I just read the news too (it's all over Naver)! :o:huh:

I love HJM and watch almost everything he's in, but this is SO WEIRD. :blink:

Very weird world indeed.. :wacko: .. call me biased but HJM is really meant for the big screen, why the sudden switch? To add to his prolific filmography, perhaps? I'm not too keen about everything else.. especially Ms.Kim but what do I know. I've only seen her in 200lb Beauty.. and no impact, no effect. Sorry.

Guest kdramafanusa

Director: Ki Min-Soo 기민수 (Good-Bye Solo)

Script: Jung Jin-Young 정진영, Kim Ui-Chan 김의찬 (Prince's First Love)

EDIT: Oh Shirley, we posted at the same time.

If only the writer is Noh Hee-Kyung..

Director: Ki Min-Soo 기민수 (Good-Bye Solo)

Script: Jung Jin-Young 정진영, Kim Ui-Chan 김의찬 (Prince's First Love)

EDIT: Oh Shirley, we posted at the same time.

If only the writer is Noh Hee-Kyung..

lol..i cant even rem the last work of that writer , the first love of the prince or something like that was about ? the one with CTH i think ...er a disaster i hear .

anyway i hear the other casting include Joo Sang Wook ..might as well let him be the lead and paired him with Kim AH Jung , and get HJM out of this lol..sorrie ...i just think HJM desevered something much heavier

Guest kdramafanusa

lol..i cant even rem the last work of that writer , the what first love of the prince was about ? ????/

anyway i hear the other casting include Joo Sang Wook ..might as well let him be the lead and paired him with Kim AH Jung , and get HJM out of this lol..sorrie ...i just think HJM desevered something much heavier

That drama featured Cha Tae-Hyun & Sung Yuri.

All these top stars chose projects with not so good outlooks. Sigh...

Cha Seung-Won in 'Lovers' combo, Lee Byung-Hun in Choi Wan-Gyu's A Story... How come? Puzzled!

Very weird world indeed.. :wacko: .. call me biased but HJM is really meant for the big screen, why the sudden switch? To add to his prolific filmography, perhaps? I'm not too keen about everything else.. especially Ms.Kim but what do I know. I've only seen her in 200lb Beauty.. and no impact, no effect. Sorry.

If Cha Seung-Won (his films are very successful at the box office; he's an even bigger draw than LBH & HJM) can return to the small screen, it's certainly possible for other stars to do too. This Ms Kim is at least better than the other Ms Kim. That's a positive way to look at this? :) The writers are worrisome though....

Thanks for the info, shirley and kdramafanusa. :) Loved those 2 dramas that PD has worked on, but they're not exactly remembered for their directing style, you know? They were and always will be Noh HeeKyung dramas.

As for the writers, eek! "Billie Jean, Look at Me" or "The Prince's First Love" aren't anyone's idea of a masterpiece. :sweatingbullets::lol:

<2007 Magazine T interview with Kim Ui-Chan and Jung Jin-Young>

Before you guys posted the info, I was really hoping the PD/writer combo would be so amazing that they got HJM to agree to this, because that (admittedly vague) synopsis is certainly doing nothing to allay my misgivings. But now that I know, er... :blink:<_<

I don't think doing dramas is beneath HJM (I LOVE DRAMAS!!), but if he's going to lend his SUPER!FANTASTIC! self to the small screen, I'd want it to be in something like "White Tower" or "Resurrection" or "Alone in Love." Not something that sounds so...lightweight.

Guest yeohweping

200903200913371119_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1119&ext=na

Kim Ah Joong & Hwang Jung Min are casted in KBS may drama '6 months' which airs after 'Hateful but once again'. It's a romantic comedy about Goo Dong Baek (Hwang Jung Min), a post office delivery man and Korea' s top female actress ' Han Ji Soo' (Kim Ah Joong) are bonded into a 6 months period contracted marriage after an accidental meeting. Other casts are Lee Chung Ah, Baek Sung Hyun, Joo Sang Wook & Kim Kwang Kyu.

That drama featured Cha Tae-Hyun & Sung Yuri.

Cha Seung-Won in 'Lovers' combo, Lee Byung-Hun in Choi Wan-Gyu's A Story...Why? :(

the one which did alot of pre production and still flop ..

ah now i am so glad i send HJM 's good friend CSW to army LOLLL

in these times of bad ecomonic situation . the movie industry is really suffering alot ..well ...let see how this turn out ..

Thanks for the info, shirley and kdramafanusa. :) Loved the dramas that PD has worked on, but they're not exactly remembered for their directing style, you know? They were always Noh HeeKyung dramas.

As for the writers, "Billie Jean, Look at Me" or "The Prince's First Love" aren't exactly anyone's idea of a masterpiece. :sweatingbullets::lol:

<2007 Magazine T interview with Kim Ui-Chan and Jung Jin-Young>

Before you guys posted the info, I was really hoping the PD/writer combo would be so amazing that they got HJM to agree to this, because that (admittedly vague) synopsis is certainly doing nothing to allay my misgivings. But now that I know, er... :blink:<_<

I don't think doing dramas is beneath HJM (I LOVE DRAMAS!!), but if he's going to lend his SUPER!FANTASTIC! self to the small screen, I'd want it to be in something like "White Tower" or "Resurrection" or "Alone in Love." Not something that sounds so...lightweight.

ya and only if there wasnt a STAR Lover before this ..then maybe it is refreshing ...now it feel like oh we must separate it from star lover and throw in a contract marriage ..( ..maybe i am jumping too much on to this because of the vague plotline but still~~~ cant it be something more .. ) ~~~

seriously ! U GIVE ME HJM as a postman delivering letters to different houses with different stories I WIll watch .there isnt need to be anything else hahaha ~~

Guest kdramafanusa

That's my 1st reaction/guess (must be an amazing PD/writer combo) when I saw the news too.

I completely agree. Is it possible for these writers to turn something not so fresh into an awesome work (ala You Are My Sunshine)?

Possible to have a miracle?

in these times of bad ecomonic situation . the movie industry is really suffering alot ..well ...let see how this turn out ..

We would think that there are more drama choices/scripts for them to choose from. If word is out that HJM is willing to star in a drama, many writers would send their scripts his way right?

Guest yeohweping

Speaking of Hwang Jung Min, I want a k-drama with a plot like his old anycall cfs with Eric.Something like a robbery or a murder happened and the cop has to figure out what happen during the 16eps before the people involved in it gets away. :lol

in these times of bad ecomonic situation . the movie industry is really suffering alot

I figured that's probably the reason all these film stars are migrating to TV. (man, that's depressing :() I really really hope the global economy picks up soon--for many obvious real-life-related reasons of course, but also to see an end to these random Serious-Actor-slumming-it scenarios. If they're gonna do dramas (and believe me, I hope they do), I'd like to think they're passion projects, not just for a paycheck.

Cha Seung-Won in 'Lovers' combo, Lee Byung-Hun in Choi Wan-Gyu's A Story... How come? Puzzled!

We would think that there are more drama choices/scripts for them to choose from. If word is out that HJM is willing to star in a drama, many writers would send their scripts his way right?

I know, RIGHT??? I understand why they (might have to) do dramas, but can't they pick better people to work with? Or are they not getting offered more challenging drama scripts? *lotsa head-scratching*

seriously ! U GIVE ME HJM as a postman delivering letters to different houses with different stories I WIll watch .there isnt need to be anything else hahaha ~~

I'd watch that. :lol: Like "Beating Heart", an omnibus with different PDs/writers/stories per episode, and Postman HJM as the only constant! *brain gears whirring...ok I need some coffee :P*

This Ms Kim is at least better than the other Ms Kim.

Is she? I dunno... Kim EunSook's writing gets on my nerves, but at least there are people who are huge "Lovers in ___" and "On Air" fans. But did anyone even truly love "Prince's First Love" or "Billie Jean"? :rolleyes:

ya and only if there wasnt a STAR Lover before this ..then maybe it is refreshing ...now it feel like oh we must separate it from star lover and throw in a contract marriage ..( ..maybe i am jumping too much on to this because of the vague plotline but still~~~ cant it be something more .. ) ~~~

Yeah, I'm aware it seems silly to be up in arms based on a vague synopsis, but it's hard not to be. I haven't seen "Star's Lover" but from what I hear, it's the chemistry between the leads and the execution (of an unoriginal premise) that the SL fans like. I doubt we would've found the plot 'refreshing' in the first place, even without SL's existence, but now contending with comparisons to the latter is unavoidable.

Is it possible for these writers to turn something not so fresh into an awesome work (ala You Are My Sunshine)?

Possible to have a miracle?

But "You Are My Sunshine" had Park JinPyo and Jeon DoYeon. :wub:

Well, anything's possible, I guess. I'll be the first to eat crow if "Six Months" turns out to be an expectation-defying pleasant surprise.

Still...Is it too late (and bad of me) to hope that this casting falls through? :vicx: