Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

5 K-Dramas To Watch Next If You Enjoyed "Vincenzo"

Here are some K-Drama recommendations with similar genres, themes, and that will have you binge-watching in no time.

3. "Lawless Lawyer"

Our next K-Drama is "Lawless Lawyer" starring Lee JoonGi as an unorthodox protagonist named Bong SangPil. It is another story about avenging a death and overthrowing the corrupt justice system. Ex-gangster Bong SangPil becomes a lawyer to take revenge on the judge who ordered a hit on his mother. He sets up a law firm in the same town as Ha JaeYi, played by Seo YeJi, who is an upstanding lawyer but ends up having her license suspended due to a transgression in court. The two end up working together in their fight for justice.

If you’re looking for a protagonist with a similar background to Song JoongKi, then this 2018 K-Drama is for you!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-kdramas-to-watch-next-if-you-enjoyed-vincenzo/

• Like 1

[57th Baeksang] War of Kings: The Best Actor Award anticipates a showdown among true acting masters

0003115414_001_20210511102403311.jpg?type=w430

It’s a war of the kings: the Baeksang is anticipating a showdown among true acting masters who just have everything – from acting skills to the power to draw in viewers. But we have only one trophy. Who will walk away with the trophy? Just looking at the names of these nominees, you can tell this is a tough competition and one of the categories that people are paying most attention to this year’s Baeksang Arts Awards. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards are airing live on JTBC on May 13, starting at 9 p.m. Once again, like last year, it will be an audience-less ceremony, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.

[…]

Lee Joon Gi who sent out shockwaves by playing Baek Hee Seong, a man who even feigns love in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’. The drama depicts the situations in which the man’s wife starts to suspect the husband she’s loved for 14 years might be a serial killer. In this highly intense, emotional chase thriller, Lee helped create a tightly woven narrative, raising doubts about his character’s real identity. It turned out, this character has lived a life full of doubt about himself, incapable of feeling any emotions.

A monotonous interpretation of the character could have made him look like just another emotionless psychopath, but Lee made him believable with his expressive eyes and by showing the reactions manifested in his relationships with various other characters.

Lee committed himself to making the viewers more immersed by performing, without resorting to a stunt double, the scenes in which his character keeps getting pushed to the edge. Lee’s unmitigated devotion helped not only create iconic scenes brimming with emotion as well as highly demanding action pieces – but also helped generate word of mouth buzz and secure a solid viewership number. Lee earned praise for his performance, such as “It is not only new, but also original.”

Source: (1)

Translation credit: @jg_k_drama_417 (twitter)

57th Baeksang Arts Award Trophy

May 13th 2021
Red Carpet 7:20pm KST
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSJy4yLx9/
JTBC PLUS Vlive
http://vlive.tv/channel/EBF267
AQ STREAM
https://aqstream.com/jtbc2/JTBC2
HYPERA
https://hypera.live/channel/jtbc

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Who Will Win the Best Actor Award at the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards?
by krishkim

60A9E380-5AD7-467B-986A-AEA6B252FA61.jpg
Credit: tvN, JTBC, SBS

Attention is focusing on the results of the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, which will be held on May 13th (Thursday). Especially, the competition for the nods for the TV category is expected to be even fiercer than ever, and the Best Actor Award is one of them. And this is mainly because actors with both popularity and acting skills are in the running for the trophy. There is only one trophy, and who will be the one to pick it up? Let’s look at the five nominees. 

Kim Soo Hyun – It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
tvN’s It’s Oaky to Not Be Okay made headlines with only the fact that it’s Kim Soo Hyun’s comeback project since his discharge from the military. Playing the role of caregiver Moon Gang Tae, the actor restrained emotions outwardly all the while expressing inner depression, emptiness and loneliness through his eyes. He depicted an unconventional yet affectionate romance with Seo Ye Ji and heartwarming brotherly love with Oh Jung Se.

Song Joong Ki – Vincenzo
Song Joong Ki played his best role in tvN’s Vincenzo. He turned into Mafia consigliere Vincenzo Cassano and flawlessly pulled off everything about the role, from cold-hearted and charismatic side to comedy and intense action sequences. As a result, he successfully seized both praises about his acting skills and viewer ratings. The actor personally showed special affection for the project, saying that it has helped him break the mold of his acting. 

Shin Ha Kyun – Beyond Evil

Credit: JTBC
Shin Ha Kyun has proved worthy of his name once again so much so that director Shim Na Yeon affirmed the series’ success as soon as she saw the ending scene of episode 1 of JTBC’s Beyond Evil. With his hair-raising performance, he was even nicknamed the “Korean Joker.” From sadness and anger stemming from his tragic family history to exhaustion of having to deal with all that by himself, he perfectly captured the complicated emotions of the character, receiving glowing reviews. People are saying that Shin Ha Kyun’s overwhelming performance breathed life into Beyond Evil’s messages and psychological thriller.

Uhm Ki Joon – The Penthouse: War in Life
Uhm Ki Joon became the “worst” guy with SBS’s The Penthouse: War in Life. As the most powerful man in Hera Palace, a residential and commercial complex that only the upper class could enter, he has shocked us with his wicked acts. Not only did he have an affair with Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) while being married to Shim So Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), he was at the center of various misdeeds such as dumping dead bodies, child abuse, and contract murder. Had it not been for Uhm Ki Joon, who would have played bloodthirsty Joo Dan Tae?

Lee Joon Gi – Flower of Evil

05-1.jpg

Lee Joon Gi shocked us as Baek Hee Sung, a man who even acted love, in tvN’s Flower of Evil. In a situation where a husband whom you have loved for the past 14 years may be a serial killer, the actor delicately builds up the plot as he made us wonder about his true identity. Although the role could be seen as an emotionless psychopath if express in a monotonous way, he added persuasion with the reactions he shows in his relationships with various people. He personally pulled off the intense action sequences himself. And thanks to his passionate performance, famous scenes with advanced action scenes with emotions were created.

Source (1

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, violina said:

[57th Baeksang] War of Kings: The Best Actor Award anticipates a showdown among true acting masters

It’s a war of the kings: the Baeksang is anticipating a showdown among true acting masters who just have everything – from acting skills to the power to draw in viewers. But we have only one trophy. Who will walk away with the trophy? Just looking at the names of these nominees, you can tell this is a tough competition and one of the categories that people are paying most attention to this year’s Baeksang Arts Awards. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards are airing live on JTBC on May 13, starting at 9 p.m. Once again, like last year, it will be an audience-less ceremony, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.

[…]

Lee Joon Gi who sent out shockwaves by playing Baek Hee Seong, a man who even feigns love in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’. The drama depicts the situations in which the man’s wife starts to suspect the husband she’s loved for 14 years might be a serial killer. In this highly intense, emotional chase thriller, Lee helped create a tightly woven narrative, raising doubts about his character’s real identity. It turned out, this character has lived a life full of doubt about himself, incapable of feeling any emotions.

A monotonous interpretation of the character could have made him look like just another emotionless psychopath, but Lee made him believable with his expressive eyes and by showing the reactions manifested in his relationships with various other characters.

Lee committed himself to making the viewers more immersed by performing, without resorting to a stunt double, the scenes in which his character keeps getting pushed to the edge. Lee’s unmitigated devotion helped not only create iconic scenes brimming with emotion as well as highly demanding action pieces – but also helped generate word of mouth buzz and secure a solid viewership number. Lee earned praise for his performance, such as “It is not only new, but also original.”

Source: (1)

Translation credit: @jg_k_drama_417 (twitter)

May 13th 2021
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
JTBC PLUS Vlive
AQ STREAM
HYPERA

@violina, thanks for sharing this.  Like last year, Baeksang Arts Awards 2021 is being held without a live audience. The hosts, presenters, and performers during Baeksang Arts Awards will be addressing the camera and virtual audience this year when the entire event will be broadcast live from the venue. 'Baeksang' is considered one of the prestigious awards by Korean entertainment industry. For the past

few years, the star-studded event was telecast live through VLive and TikTok.     :wut:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, violina said:

May 13th 2021
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
JTBC PLUS Vlive
AQ STREAM
HYPERA

@violina, Thank you sharing the links, I am all ready to go - waiting nervously

JG's role in Flower of Evil is complex and multifaceted - a very  challenging role but he nailed it. I will be one very sad fan if he doesn't win...

• Love 1

6 hours ago, minhanh said:

So sad he did not win this time :bawling:

Me too, but he IS a winner . He was mesmerising as DHS and that’s what elevated Flower of Evil  from a good drama to another level.

He continues to grow as an actor and I can’t wait to see what he will do next:heart:

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

It is too bad the show had to compete with Beyond Evil. I haven't watched it yet but at least he lost to a really good senior actor. I would have been very upset if he lost to any of the others because I think he was amazing in Flower of Evil, which I am in the process of watching again. I am glad it got the best director award, to be honest, the great directing is what I noticed first in the drama. I hope he will announce a project soon and it won't be another 2 years before we see him again. :Please:

• Like 4

It took 12 years for him to walk the red carpet of the Baeksang Arts Awards. The last time he did was for Iljimae in 2009. There is something bout his aura these days. he gives off the vibes of a seasoned actor and a man who has found his feet in this world. I couldn't be more prouder as a fan:)

I like how even the Baeksang media team put his face as the thumbnail of all the actors nominees:)

57th Baeksang Arts Awards TV Best Directing Winner (Flower of Evil) Kim Chul Gyu’s acceptance speech

Director-nim was kind enough to give a special shoutout to him and Chaewon for a job well done and acknowledging their contribution for him to be able to win the award:)

Translation text:

I 'm so stunned and mesmerized winning such a big prize and I feel like I'm seeing several moments flashing before me.

For every project I work on, I am grateful, once again, to everyone -well, it'd be an understatement to merely say they do their best - they contribute to the work by really giving it all they got, pouring everything they have into it.

In particular, from the bottom of my heart, I thank Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won, who showed everything they had by putting their heart and soul into it; writer Yoo Jung Hee who wrote such a unique and original screenplay; and all the staff and cast whom I was so happy to work with.

Lastly, I want to express my gratitude to my family for trusting me, following me, devoting themselves and supporting me for such a long time - particularly my wife Hwang Sook Hee. Thank you.

Trans text Credit: @jg_k_drama

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

All his moments at the Baeksang Arts Awards in one clip

I think whats important to remember is what he said on his birthday and I quote:

You know, awards stuff is....Sometimes good days come when the time is right. I dont this job getting greedy over for things like that. The awards do not really matter, more important is getting love from you and making a good project with my crew.

I really admire his inner strength and drive. I think this is why he has been steadily running for 20 years in the business and it doesnt seem like he will slow down anytime soon. If he was someone who was so easily demotivated for missing out on awards or ratings, he would have given up long time ago. But you see no matter what he gives his best and I think we can agree that his acting skill is growing from strength to strength. Its only a matter of time. I do believe eventually he will clinch a baeksang award if he stays on the path he is now.

Anyways kudos to team Flower of Evil. Here is to more good dramas and updates from our JG.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, hiluna said:

It is too bad the show had to compete with Beyond Evil. I haven't watched it yet but at least he lost to a really good senior actor. I would have been very upset if he lost to any of the others because I think he was amazing in Flower of Evil, which I am in the process of watching again. I am glad it got the best director award, to be honest, the great directing is what I noticed first in the drama. I hope he will announce a project soon and it won't be another 2 years before we see him again. :Please:

same here

12 hours ago, violina said:

I really admire his inner strength and drive. I think this is why he has been steadily running for 20 years in the business and it doesnt seem like he will slow down anytime soon. If he was someone who was so easily demotivated for missing out on awards or ratings, he would have given up long time ago. But you see no matter what he gives his best and I think we can agree that his acting skill is growing from strength to strength. Its only a matter of time. I do believe eventually he will clinch a baeksang award if he stays on the path he is now.

@violina Well said .

Very proud of  him . Fighting LJG

• Like 3

LJG didn't look too disappointed when the winner was announced so I think he was satisfied that he got recognition from the industry just by having been nominated. There has been a lack of good dramas lately so it might be awhile before we hear anything about a new project from him. It will be difficult to find another unique script like Flower of Evil. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a lighter fantasy drama just because I think it would be more fun and healthier for him after a dark drama.

• Like 5

Lee Joon Gi interview with SCREEN (July 2006 issue)

?fname=https%3A%2F%2Ft1.daumcdn.net%2Fblogfile%2Ffs8%2F11_1_29_13_0A4q4_IMAGE_1_112.jpg&filename=112.jpg

Q. What’s the force that drove Lee Joon Gi?

JG – Audacity and self-confidence, I guess? Even when I kept failing the auditions, I always endured them with that [audacity and self-confidence). It pissed me off that they rejected me. So that’s how I gained my power back and went to the next audition. I can’t stand losing or getting RickRoll'D-talked.

Q. I am curious about your relationship with your father. As far as I know, he was vehemently opposed to your becoming an actor. I once read one of your previous interviews and got the impression that you were seeking your father’s approval. You once described the support of your father showed during <flying boys> as being sweeter and more satisfying than any kind of compliment in the world.

JG: I probably felt more like I wished he’d show support for me. My father hated the fact that I am doing this for a job. But when he came to the premiere of my movie <Flying Boys> after it ended, he said, “Good work,” for the first time. He had never complimented me before, so even though it was rather curt, that one word really cheered me up. I thought I would work harder so I could make him happier. When he came to the <King and the Clown> it looked like he’d cried watching it. And it made my heart ache.

?fname=https%3A%2F%2Ft1.daumcdn.net%2Fblogfile%2Ffs9%2F11_1_29_13_0A4q4_IMAGE_1_122.jpg&filename=122.jpg

Q. Are you a lot like your father?

JG – I think I’m like him in that I am rather laconic. I’m not good at expressing emotions.

Q. Anything he’s told you recently? Isn’t he worried about his son?

JG: He seems worried because I am getting so much attention from a lot of people. He wants me to live a moderate life, doing a job that’s just enough for me to get by. He says it is not a very good look for me getting so much popularity. He says he feels uncomfortable when people around him keep treating him as “Mr Father of Lee Joon Gi”. He tells me to be a normal actor who lives a moderate life. (laughs) I think he actually makes sense. As an actor, I am at a point where I have so much to learn and enjoy, but a lot of people just want something much bigger from me. So I actually feel like I prefer the time back when I had people complimenting and cheering me on when I got one small thing done.

Q. Do you see Lee Joon Gi becoming a father someday?

JG: I think so? I’ll get married someday.

Q: What do you think would be like to become a father?

JG: I think a father is someone who carries all the weight of the world. The father is like multiple roles rolled into one: maintaining his position as breadwinner, keeping the home in balance, and being responsible for feeding his family. There was a time when I just hated the mere thought of becoming a father.

Q: What kind of father do you want to be?

JG: I want to be a father who is respected without forcing anything on my children or without indoctrinating my children. I want to make a home where my children can trust and rely on their father in a comfortable happy< and free atmosphere> I think because I received such strict discipline from my father< I want to give my own children support so that they can properly do anything they want to, but things won’t probably go the way I want when I actually become a father. I will share specific family plans when I get married. (laughs) I want to live a comfortable and happy life, making enough to get by – at least enough for me to keep my children from thinking, ‘It must be hard for father,’ when they look at me.

?fname=https%3A%2F%2Ft1.daumcdn.net%2Fblogfile%2Ffs8%2F11_1_29_13_0A4q4_IMAGE_1_114.JPG&filename=114.JPG

Q. What was it like to hold the fan meeting?

JG: I was actually so stressed out. I had to prepare so much in such a short time that I couldn’t sleep all the night before. I felt like I would be so sorry to my fans if I made a mistake. I was so scared. But the moment it began, I was cheered up. I only made two mistakes. (laughs)

Q. Being on stage is a different type of work from being in front of the camera. Like, you should do more to bring out your talent as an entertainer. What did you feel like to be on stage?

JG: It was so much fun. Acting in front of the camera is the work of finding details, so the energy you give off shouldn’t be more than a certain level. The stage, on the other hand, is the place where you’re supposed to give as much energy as you can, so in a sense, it feels more exhilarating being on stage, in front of the camera, you can’t really go “ARGH!” (*JG pushes his face up close*) making a shot this small (*JG makes a little circle with his hands*). If I do [have my face that up close in a small shot], the audience will go like this{*JG pulls his body back} with a gasp.

Q. Do you have a fear of circumstances changing?

JG: This is what a lot of people have told me and what I’ll also start feeling myself: my popularity will wane someday. I think the popularity I have now will subside by more than half anyway. I always practice mind control with that in mind. So that I wont fall to pieces when that moment actually comes. In fact, I have a lot to say about this. Being an actor and being popular are inseparable. The seonbae (seniors) have told me: the hardest and most depressing time is not when you can’t make money; but when people don’t come see the work you’ve done. An actor is supposed to live by making the audience laugh and cry, receiving love from the audience, and connecting with the audience, isn’t he? That’s why I want there to be a “Lee Joon Gi mania” fan base (maniac fans). I don’t need so many people liking me at the same time. I want to work hard for those “maniacs” and I think that’s what I should do. 

Source: (1)

Translation Credit: @jg_k_drama

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dear Oppa: A fan from India says she can’t take her eyes off Lee Joon Gi’s smile since his drama, Moon Lovers

In the latest edition of Dear Oppa, Jaya Choudhary from India dedicates her sweet letter to the ‘Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ actor, Lee Joon Gi. Read her letter below.

Actor Lee Joon Gi at the 2020 Asia Artist Award

Actor Lee Joon Gi has been a part of some classic K-Dramas and even famous movies. He’s an actor, singer, dancer, a model and a tough actor to beat. He landed his first major role in acting by beating almost 3,000 people to take on his for the lead role in the critically acclaimed movie, The King and The Clown. He’s also known as the ‘Top Action Star’ because of his black belts in Taekwondo, Hapkido and Taekkyeon. Many fans might not know, but he was even cast in a Hollywood movie because of his irresistible charm and acting! He played the villain in Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.

The 39-year-old has been a part of incredible shows such as Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Criminal Minds, Flower of Evil and more. 

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Jaya Choudhary from India to the actor, Lee Joon GI. Read her letter below.

Dear Lee Joon Gi Oppa,

I fell in love with you the moment I saw you in Moon Lovers. I was crying the moment I saw tears in your eyes oppa. You have been my favourite since then. I have been watching all your videos, series, your dance performances. Your gangnam style dance, it was so good. Your guest role appearance and the thing which I love the most about you is the way you care for the people you love, be it food truck to wishes to messages. You have been utmost honest and loyal. I love the way you smile. Your smile, oppa, can’t take my eyes off. And the best thing, we share the same birthday month and even your birthday is just after two days to mine. Although I am younger to you but still the fact that your birthday is in the same month makes me feel like I am on cloud 999. You will never be forgotten, prince. Hope this message comes across you but still the fact that you are my forever favourite. 

Love and love and lots of love, Lee Joon Gi oppa. Saranghae you.

I will continue supporting you!

Love,

Jaya

From India.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-fan-india-says-she-can-t-take-her-eyes-lee-joon-gi-s-smile-his-drama-moon-lovers-748272

• Like 2
  • Love 2