@willenette, loved JG in Scarlet Heart, but no season 2 , thank you. I dont think they can come up with a good enough story ( The Chinese version Season 2 was a disaster).

However, do agree with you on the deleted scene - I want to see them.

And JG was wonderful as always at the Talk, his hand written message was very touching...

The sad part for me was that he did sort of mention he  cut his hair because the historical drama was not happening...

Anyway, just have to wait and see what he will do next. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette, loved JG in Scarlet Heart, but no season 2 , thank you. I dont think they can come up with a good enough story ( The Chinese version Season 2 was a disaster).

However, do agree with you on the deleted scene - I want to see them.

I agree about no season 2. Even if they could get enough of the original cast together, I don't see how they could come up with a compelling story in modern times. The greatest appeal of Moon Lovers was the time travel and the exotic setting of Goryeo.

I think people would have been satisfied without a season 2 if they had aired that last scene so we could imagine a happy ending in present day. Maybe they didn't air it because they didn't want to tease a season 2 that couldn't happen. On the other hand, maybe the tragedy of the ending we got is what makes the drama so memorable for so many people.

Of course, I love LJG so much I could watch him read the phone book (or listen to him without subtitles for 3 or 4 hours). But I wouldn't want to see him work so hard on a drama that didn't have a chance for success because of weakness of story. Criminal Minds, anyone?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree about no season 2. Even if they could get enough of the original cast together, I don't see how they could come up with a compelling story in modern times. The greatest appeal of Moon Lovers was the time travel and the exotic setting of Goryeo.

I think people would have been satisfied without a season 2 if they had aired that last scene so we could imagine a happy ending in present day. Maybe they didn't air it because they didn't want to tease a season 2 that couldn't happen. On the other hand, maybe the tragedy of the ending we got is what makes the drama so memorable for so many people.

Of course, I love LJG so much I could watch him read the phone book (or listen to him without subtitles for 3 or 4 hours). But I wouldn't want to see him work so hard on a drama that didn't have a chance for success because of weakness of story. Criminal Minds, anyone?

Love that  -:lol:, sooo original!!

For me the greatest appeal Of MOON LOvers is of course  : Lee Joon Gi and historical drama

Criminal Minds wasn't bad.  I finished it and enjoyed JG's part, lots of action scenes and some memorable moments. ( I did not watch the original US series)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Criminal Minds wasn't bad.  I finished it and enjoyed JG's part, lots of action scenes and some memorable moments. ( I did not watch the original US series)

Of course, we enjoyed JG's part of Criminal Minds, but the show didn't experience much success with people who weren't already fans. I want to see him working on projects like Moon Lovers and Flower of Evil with stories good enough to bring him new fans. I want to see him in projects that offer him new challenges and showcase his ever-growing skills.

• Like 2

11 Pairings We Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Reunite In A K-Drama

Often times, you finish watching a drama and the chemistry between the two leads is just so enigmatic that you’re already hoping deep down that they’ll reunite for a future project. This may even involve you signing a petition or two, demanding for a second season or reunion.

It’s happened in the past where two actors have had such talked about chemistry that they return many years later on the small screen, but it is pretty rare.

5. IU and Lee Joon Gi

iu-lee-joon-gi1.jpeg

Sigh. This is one couple the world has never gotten over. No one could have prepared fans for the heartbreak and loss they would feel after watching the final episode of “Scarlet Heart Goryeo.” The love story between Wang So and Hae Soo was so real and strong that people are still demanding a second season be made. Although there is no sign of a second season in sight, a reunion of the two even in different characters on the small-screen would suffice (although that cameo appearance of Lee Joon Gi in “Hotel Del Luna” was pretty adorable)!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

*** Here's how  LJK looks like in military uniform. He's mesmerizing in green.  He initially wanted to defer his military service as he had two upcoming projects. However, his application was rejected and he enlisted on 2010.  He earned top scores in marksmanship during his basic training and was later assigned to the Ministry of National Defense's public relations department. He starred in the military musical Voyage of Life alongside fellow actor Ju Ji-hoon. After 21 months of active duty, he was discharged on Feb 16, 2012.  :luvarrow:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B06q-CdJTm5/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

5 K-Dramas To Watch Next If You Enjoyed "Vincenzo"

Here are some K-Drama recommendations with similar genres, themes, and that will have you binge-watching in no time.

3. "Lawless Lawyer"

Our next K-Drama is "Lawless Lawyer" starring Lee JoonGi as an unorthodox protagonist named Bong SangPil. It is another story about avenging a death and overthrowing the corrupt justice system. Ex-gangster Bong SangPil becomes a lawyer to take revenge on the judge who ordered a hit on his mother. He sets up a law firm in the same town as Ha JaeYi, played by Seo YeJi, who is an upstanding lawyer but ends up having her license suspended due to a transgression in court. The two end up working together in their fight for justice.

If you’re looking for a protagonist with a similar background to Song JoongKi, then this 2018 K-Drama is for you!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-kdramas-to-watch-next-if-you-enjoyed-vincenzo/

• Like 1

[57th Baeksang] War of Kings: The Best Actor Award anticipates a showdown among true acting masters

0003115414_001_20210511102403311.jpg?type=w430

It’s a war of the kings: the Baeksang is anticipating a showdown among true acting masters who just have everything – from acting skills to the power to draw in viewers. But we have only one trophy. Who will walk away with the trophy? Just looking at the names of these nominees, you can tell this is a tough competition and one of the categories that people are paying most attention to this year’s Baeksang Arts Awards. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards are airing live on JTBC on May 13, starting at 9 p.m. Once again, like last year, it will be an audience-less ceremony, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.

[…]

Lee Joon Gi who sent out shockwaves by playing Baek Hee Seong, a man who even feigns love in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’. The drama depicts the situations in which the man’s wife starts to suspect the husband she’s loved for 14 years might be a serial killer. In this highly intense, emotional chase thriller, Lee helped create a tightly woven narrative, raising doubts about his character’s real identity. It turned out, this character has lived a life full of doubt about himself, incapable of feeling any emotions.

A monotonous interpretation of the character could have made him look like just another emotionless psychopath, but Lee made him believable with his expressive eyes and by showing the reactions manifested in his relationships with various other characters.

Lee committed himself to making the viewers more immersed by performing, without resorting to a stunt double, the scenes in which his character keeps getting pushed to the edge. Lee’s unmitigated devotion helped not only create iconic scenes brimming with emotion as well as highly demanding action pieces – but also helped generate word of mouth buzz and secure a solid viewership number. Lee earned praise for his performance, such as “It is not only new, but also original.”

Source: (1)

Translation credit: @jg_k_drama_417 (twitter)

57th Baeksang Arts Award Trophy

May 13th 2021
Red Carpet 7:20pm KST
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSJy4yLx9/
JTBC PLUS Vlive
http://vlive.tv/channel/EBF267
AQ STREAM
https://aqstream.com/jtbc2/JTBC2
HYPERA
https://hypera.live/channel/jtbc

• Love 1

Who Will Win the Best Actor Award at the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards?
by krishkim

60A9E380-5AD7-467B-986A-AEA6B252FA61.jpg
Credit: tvN, JTBC, SBS

Attention is focusing on the results of the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, which will be held on May 13th (Thursday). Especially, the competition for the nods for the TV category is expected to be even fiercer than ever, and the Best Actor Award is one of them. And this is mainly because actors with both popularity and acting skills are in the running for the trophy. There is only one trophy, and who will be the one to pick it up? Let’s look at the five nominees. 

Kim Soo Hyun – It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
tvN’s It’s Oaky to Not Be Okay made headlines with only the fact that it’s Kim Soo Hyun’s comeback project since his discharge from the military. Playing the role of caregiver Moon Gang Tae, the actor restrained emotions outwardly all the while expressing inner depression, emptiness and loneliness through his eyes. He depicted an unconventional yet affectionate romance with Seo Ye Ji and heartwarming brotherly love with Oh Jung Se.

Song Joong Ki – Vincenzo
Song Joong Ki played his best role in tvN’s Vincenzo. He turned into Mafia consigliere Vincenzo Cassano and flawlessly pulled off everything about the role, from cold-hearted and charismatic side to comedy and intense action sequences. As a result, he successfully seized both praises about his acting skills and viewer ratings. The actor personally showed special affection for the project, saying that it has helped him break the mold of his acting. 

Shin Ha Kyun – Beyond Evil

Credit: JTBC
Shin Ha Kyun has proved worthy of his name once again so much so that director Shim Na Yeon affirmed the series’ success as soon as she saw the ending scene of episode 1 of JTBC’s Beyond Evil. With his hair-raising performance, he was even nicknamed the “Korean Joker.” From sadness and anger stemming from his tragic family history to exhaustion of having to deal with all that by himself, he perfectly captured the complicated emotions of the character, receiving glowing reviews. People are saying that Shin Ha Kyun’s overwhelming performance breathed life into Beyond Evil’s messages and psychological thriller.

Uhm Ki Joon – The Penthouse: War in Life
Uhm Ki Joon became the “worst” guy with SBS’s The Penthouse: War in Life. As the most powerful man in Hera Palace, a residential and commercial complex that only the upper class could enter, he has shocked us with his wicked acts. Not only did he have an affair with Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) while being married to Shim So Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), he was at the center of various misdeeds such as dumping dead bodies, child abuse, and contract murder. Had it not been for Uhm Ki Joon, who would have played bloodthirsty Joo Dan Tae?

Lee Joon Gi – Flower of Evil

05-1.jpg

Lee Joon Gi shocked us as Baek Hee Sung, a man who even acted love, in tvN’s Flower of Evil. In a situation where a husband whom you have loved for the past 14 years may be a serial killer, the actor delicately builds up the plot as he made us wonder about his true identity. Although the role could be seen as an emotionless psychopath if express in a monotonous way, he added persuasion with the reactions he shows in his relationships with various people. He personally pulled off the intense action sequences himself. And thanks to his passionate performance, famous scenes with advanced action scenes with emotions were created.

Source (1

• Love 2
12 hours ago, violina said:

[57th Baeksang] War of Kings: The Best Actor Award anticipates a showdown among true acting masters

It’s a war of the kings: the Baeksang is anticipating a showdown among true acting masters who just have everything – from acting skills to the power to draw in viewers. But we have only one trophy. Who will walk away with the trophy? Just looking at the names of these nominees, you can tell this is a tough competition and one of the categories that people are paying most attention to this year’s Baeksang Arts Awards. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards are airing live on JTBC on May 13, starting at 9 p.m. Once again, like last year, it will be an audience-less ceremony, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.

[…]

Lee Joon Gi who sent out shockwaves by playing Baek Hee Seong, a man who even feigns love in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’. The drama depicts the situations in which the man’s wife starts to suspect the husband she’s loved for 14 years might be a serial killer. In this highly intense, emotional chase thriller, Lee helped create a tightly woven narrative, raising doubts about his character’s real identity. It turned out, this character has lived a life full of doubt about himself, incapable of feeling any emotions.

A monotonous interpretation of the character could have made him look like just another emotionless psychopath, but Lee made him believable with his expressive eyes and by showing the reactions manifested in his relationships with various other characters.

Lee committed himself to making the viewers more immersed by performing, without resorting to a stunt double, the scenes in which his character keeps getting pushed to the edge. Lee’s unmitigated devotion helped not only create iconic scenes brimming with emotion as well as highly demanding action pieces – but also helped generate word of mouth buzz and secure a solid viewership number. Lee earned praise for his performance, such as “It is not only new, but also original.”

Source: (1)

Translation credit: @jg_k_drama_417 (twitter)

May 13th 2021
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
JTBC PLUS Vlive
AQ STREAM
HYPERA

@violina, thanks for sharing this.  Like last year, Baeksang Arts Awards 2021 is being held without a live audience. The hosts, presenters, and performers during Baeksang Arts Awards will be addressing the camera and virtual audience this year when the entire event will be broadcast live from the venue. 'Baeksang' is considered one of the prestigious awards by Korean entertainment industry. For the past

few years, the star-studded event was telecast live through VLive and TikTok.     :wut:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, violina said:

May 13th 2021
Awards Ceremony 9pm KST

Streaming Links :
Tiktok_Stage
JTBC PLUS Vlive
AQ STREAM
HYPERA

@violina, Thank you sharing the links, I am all ready to go - waiting nervously

JG's role in Flower of Evil is complex and multifaceted - a very  challenging role but he nailed it. I will be one very sad fan if he doesn't win...