• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

*** Seeing these new pictures of LJK I just missed him MORE on the small screen now. It's been a while since "Flower of Evil". The drama was an epic.  I feel that he's due for a rom-com drama this time. I'm glad that he renewed his contract with his long time agency. Namoo Actors has been doing a good job with his project choices. So, it's not a surprised for me that he renewed it with them. I heard that he signed for another 7-year-term. :wow2:

• Like 2

He is growing his hair - is that a sign for what is to come?

Patiently waiting because I want him to take his time to pick his next project.

Impatiently waiting because I miss him...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 Of The *Best* K-Dramas To Recommend To Your Friends Who Aren't Fans Yet

They'll be binge-watching until 2 a.m. in no time!

We all have that one friend who we can’t seem to get into watching K-dramas, no matter how hard we try to convince them. Okay, I’ll admit it: I was one of *those* people, but I can vividly remember a summer in college when my best friend successfully pursuaded me to finally watch my first K-drama. I binge-watched Descendants of the Sun in two days! Since then, I’ve watched my fair share of Korean dramas and have picked out the ones that will encourage ~*non-believers*~ to give them a chance.

Here are seven K-dramas on Netflix and Viu that will transform your friends into diehard fans:

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)

Who’s in it: IU, Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Kang Han Na, EXO's Baekhyun

Where you can watch itViu

Why you should watch it: This series is perfect for fans of period dramas. It tells the story of a woman from the present (IU) who wakes up in the Goryeo Dynasty. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is guaranteed to give you the kilig (soooo many cute boys!) with a hint of Korean history.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/k-drama-recommendations-friends-a1321-20210402?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Top 20 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & 80 Other Actors' Instagram

Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using actively Instagram while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.

Here are the most followed Korean actors on Instagram and then a rough ranking of over 80 actors' Instagram accounts.

If you are not following your favorite actors' Instagram, it is time to do so.

All data were updated on April 2 (latest update), 2021, at 17:00 PM KST. We update regularly as the numbers keep on increasing and the ranking is changing.

Important Notice: only acting-dols who had a lead role in a K-Drama or a Netflix Original drama (not a web drama) have been included.

18. Lee JoonGi - 5.4m followers - @actor_jg

Most-followed-Korean-actor-on-Instagram-

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-20-most-followed-korean-actors-on-instagram-80-other-actors-instagram/

• Like 3

*** Yes, how I love this drama of LJK. He was great here. It's the best & amazing drama for me! It deserves full of trophies & for LJK, too. :Woah: 

7 Crime & Mystery K-Dramas That Keep Us On The Edge Of Our Seats

8bb18a080d074d0fa71ea85f6c47eab8.jpeg?s=

Crime and mystery K-dramas are often underrated in favor of their romantic counterparts. While there’s nothing more satisfying to watch than an epic romance unfold, sometimes you want to put the fluttering feelings of love to the side and watch something more thrilling. From murder mysteries to conspiracies, to delving into the paranormal, there are so many good, thrilling crime and mystery dramas to watch. Here are a few favorites.

Warning: mentions of violence, sexual assault, and death below.

Flower of Evil

When it comes to crime and romance, usually the two don’t mix. Or, more commonly, there are just subtle hints since romance isn’t the main plotline of the show. However, tvN’s “Flower of Evil” takes the plunge of intricately tying a marriage into a cold case that’s over a decade old. The story follows detective Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) who discovers that her husband, Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) may actually be a murderer. It feels like an understatement to say that these two go through hell as they both try to solve the case and reveal the true events that happened.

moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil1.gif
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil1.gif
moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil2.gif
Spoiler

The romance absolutely drives this drama forward. With every episode, you truly have no idea if their marriage will fall apart or become stronger than ever. The drama toys with Hee Sung’s innocence quite a bit in the beginning, but by the end, you can’t help but hope for their happy ending.

Each character is deeply connected, and those connections plus the drama’s insane attention to detail make the murder mystery so addicting to figure out. Once you start this drama, you’ll have to keep watching until you finish.

Catch the first episode below: 

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 4

10 hours ago, willenette said:

*** LJK is one of the K-stars in 3rd release of the Korean Actors 200 List by KOFIC. Please take a look at his pictures here : http://koalasplayground.com/2021/04/06/lee-jun-ki-jang-hyuk-lee-seung-gi-part-of-fantastic-line-up-of-korean-stars-in-third-release-of-the-korean-actors-200-list/

I love LOVE his photos. He is a true actor:heart:. His eyes can pierce your soul. I also like the tagline on his page.

bce6f8f4d211e17c96b8c9b7c493f73978fcebc7

“Emotional action with mournful gaze and a sense of natural action is his signature. This indisputable K-wave star’s gaze becomes more profound and more beautiful...”

LEE JOON GI’s portrait photos for the KOREAN ACTORS 200 campaign

https://theactorispresent.kr/lee-joongi/

Article Translation

‘KOREAN ACTORS 200,’ 4th-week batch unveiled: from Yoo Ji Tae to Eom Ji Won, and to Lee Joon Gi

35ed130f927778564f48304d628dc19d38abb38f

The 4th batch of 20 actors for ‘KOREAN ACTORS 200’ has been unveiled.

The Korean Film Council’s (KOFIC, chairman Kim Young Jin) KOREAN ACTORS 200 campaign continues to generate a record-breaking buzz on China’s leading social media platform Weibo. […]

On April 5, at 5 p.m., the 4th batch of 20 actors unveiled on KOFIC’s global marketing platform KoBiz include actors who debuted as young stars and now stand in the center of the Korean film industry and actors who have recently become the ‘women power’ of the industry.

[…]

d3375867537181d9fff5d1594b79740843703cd1

Viewers are also fascinated by the portrait pictures of Lee Joon Gi who, following the 10-million-audience historical drama ‘King and the Clown,’ has solidified his status as a global star and proved once again his acting skills had grown in depth through his latest drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

Source: (1) (2)

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

Congratulations to Lee Joon-gi's nomination In the Baeksang Best Actor  Category!:sparklyeyes:

And  to the FOE team nominations in (Television) Best Drama, Best Directing (Kim Chul-gyu), Screenplay (Yoo Jung-hee),  Supporting Actor (Kim Ji-hun) at the 57th Baeksang Art Awards.

http:// https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/candidate

I am so happy he is getting the recognition he so deserves! I hope he wins.!!! I do think he gave the best performance .:approves:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1
8 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Congratulations to Lee Joon-gi's nomination In the Baeksang Best Actor  Category!

And  to the FOE team nominations in (Television) Best Drama, Best Directing (Kim Chul-gyu), Screenplay (Yoo Jung-hee),  Supporting Actor (Kim Ji-hun) at the 57th Baeksang Art Awards.

http:// https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/candidate

I am so happy he is getting the recognition he so deserves! I hope he wins.!!! I do think he gave the best performance .

@Tuiwgn, I share your happiness. I am so happy for him. I am proud to be a fan of such a good actor. He brought so much quality into every scene in this drama. I'm sure you agree with me. It's exactly one of his best dramas. It's just so sad that Moon chae won is not nominated. She deserved a nomination. Best Actor category is very competitive. Congratulations for all nominees - especially to Kim Soo Hyun, too! To both of you - Fighting! :heart1:

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

Baeksang Arts Awards 2021: Date, Complete Nomination List, Live Streaming Details

The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, popularly known as Paeksang Arts Awards, will be held on 13 May. The organiners have announced the complete list of nominations on Monday, 12 April.

The award is instituted by Ilgan Sports and JTBC Plus, affiliates of the JoongAng Ilbo, to honour the talents from the film, theatre and television industries.

Chang Key-young, the founder of Hankook Ilbo newspaper, introduced the award in 1965. It is presented in his pen name 'Baeksang'. It is considered one of the prestigious awards by Korean entertainment industry.

Live stream details:
The 57th annual Baeksang Arts Awards will be broadcast live via JTBC on 13 a 9 pm KST onwards. For the past few years, the star-studded event was telecast live through VLive and the tradition is likely to continue this year. However, there would not be live crowd this year due to Covid-19.

Nominees:

Best Actor:
Kim Soo Hyun – It's Okay to Not Be Okay
Song Joong Ki – Vincenzo
Shin Ha Kyun – Beyond Evil
Uhm Ki Joon – The Penthouse
Lee Joon Gi – Flower of Evil

Best Drama:
JTBC's Beyond Evil
tvN's It's Okay to Not Be Okay
tvN's Flower of Evil
tvN's My Unfamiliar Family
Netflix's Extracurricular

(skipped unrelated.....

credit https://www.ibtimes.sg/baeksang-arts-awards-2021-date-complete-nomination-list-live-stream-details-56764

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

*** Baeksang Arts Awards are one of the major awards in South Korea for the entertainment industry. When an actor wins an award in this category, you know they’re amongst the most impeccable actors in the industry. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards will air on May 13, 9 PM KST! I hope the lucky ones will bring home the bacon. Good luck, LJK! :Please:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Baeksang Arts Awards are one of the major awards in South Korea for the entertainment industry. When an actor wins an award in this category, you know they’re amongst the most impeccable actors in the industry. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards will air on May 13, 9 PM KST! I hope the lucky ones will bring home the bacon. Good luck, LJK! :Please:

@willenette, yes please please. please win! I will be very disappointed otherwise

• Like 2

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

You have probably watched the OG series!

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)

Who’s in it: IU, Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Kang Han Na, EXO's Baekhyun

Where you can watch it: Viu

We still miss you, Prince Wang So! This 2016 hit drama is based on the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin which translates to Starling By Each Step. Before Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo was released, China released their own version of the drama titled Scarlet Heart in 2011.

5. Criminal Minds (2017)

Who’s in it: Lee Joon Gi, Son Hyun Joo, Moon Chae Won, Yoo Sun

Where you can watch it: Viu

Everyone, including their eommas (moms), has most likely seen an episode of the American TV show, Criminal Minds. But did you know that South Korea has its own version that aired in 2017? Unlike its American counterpart, South Korea’s Criminal Minds only lasted for one season, whereas the original had a whopping 15!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/13/2021 at 9:22 PM, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette, yes please please. please win! I will be very disappointed otherwise

@Tuiwgn, wait & see................ Shin Dong-yup and Bae Suzy are confirmed to team up once more as hosts of the upcoming 57th Baeksang Arts Awards. Owing to the present COVID-19 pandemic, the event will be held on May 13 without an audience. However, it will be broadcast live on JTBC at 9 p.m. KST.  :heart2:

source : https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202104160905566710#_enliple

• Thanks 2
On 4/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, Tuiwgn said:

Lee Joon Gi  DREAM 2

Naver NOW, live broadcast April 17, 8pm (Korean time)

Let's crash the server again for his birthday !!!

@Tuiwgn, thanks for sharing this. Since this was in celebration of his birthday, IU made a surprise phone call and they   talked about their friendship and “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” the drama through which they were first introduced to each other. “ Lee Joon Gi brought up a question he often received from fans, which was whether there would be a season two of the drama. He commented that it was realistically difficult to make it happen, but he asked IU if she would be interested in appearing in the drama if a second season were to be produced. IU answered, “Isn’t that amazing? If the conditions are right for us to all gather together, there is no reason not to do it."  Ohhh.................I missed the drama. It's been over four years??? Am I right? Well, I don't need season 2, but, I am curious for those deleted scenes, though. I remembered so many signed up for a petition way back then just to have "Scarlet Heart season 2!" Since this is a remake of a Chinese drama,  the Chinese drama has a season 2. :coolshades:

Belated Happy Birthday Oppa! :popcornjackson:

• Love 2