• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

The 8 Best K-Drama Couples Of 2020

5e44ce7b6f3e4d548c99ad47ee69f917.jpeg?s=

One detail that can make or break a K-drama is the lead couple. Sometimes, no matter how out-of-this-world a plot can be, the leading actors just don’t have that it factor together. Luckily, 2020 did not disappoint and offered several iconic couples. In no particular order, here are the K-drama couples that enchanted our hearts this year.

Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won in “Flower Of Evil

After working together in the 2017 drama “Criminal Minds,” Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi delighted fans this year when they paired up for the suspenseful melodrama “Flower of Evil.” In the drama, Moon Chae Won plays detective Cha Ji Won, who discovers that her husband of over a decade, Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi), has been lying about his identity. To make matters worse, he’s the top suspect for an unsolved murder case. Nonetheless, the pair navigate their way through the maze of the past and fight tooth and nail for a chance at a happy ending.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil

Everything about this drama is fantastic — the plot, the suspense, but most importantly, the romance.

This show wouldn’t have left its mark if the leads didn’t have perfect chemistry. Luckily, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won absolutely nailed it. They delivered amazing performances that crush and revive your heart over and over again. From their blissful scenes as a married couple to their tearful arguments as Hee Sung’s lies spiral out of control, these two demand your attention until the very end. Recently, both actors teased working on a third drama together in an interview with Naver Now Radio, so with any luck, we’ll be enamored by them once more in the future.

Catch the first episode below: 

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 3

*** As a special Christmas prank, the agency Namoo Actors decided to give their artists “useless gifts” and film their reaction! Lee Joon Gi gets breakfast cereal, which he guesses in advance after rattling the box around, and complains, “I don’t even eat cereal.” - hahaha - Watch LJK's reaction when he received the gift in the video below : :blush:

video source : soompi news

• Like 2
  • Love 1

First Of January Is Coming … Here’s All The Korean Celebrity Dating Scandals Dispatch Has Ever Released

Who will be next?

As it has become tradition for media outlet Dispatch to reveal Korean celebrity dating scandals every New Year’s Day, here’s a list of all the scandals they’ve revealed up to now, as we count down to the new year.

15. Lee Jun Ki and Jun Hye Bin (2017)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://pann.nate.com/talk/356269053

• Sad 1

Motto Shiritai! Kankoku TV Dorama*

Vol. 100/ Jan 2021

* Please dont/tag/ mention the magazine in tweets. Thanks!

* I'm also only tagging his English Name just to be safe

Lee Joon Gi: A true drama star who continues to shine at the forefront (of the industry)

In the early days of the Hallyu boom, it was often the case that stars who had been famous in Korea before, were introduced to and gained popularity in Japan. However, Lee Joongi formed ties with Japan by appearing in the Japan-Korea joint film <The Hotel Venus> even when he was still unknown. Following that he had a sudden rise in fame with < The King and the Clown> and carried that momentum, joining the ranks of other Hallyu stars. Joongi, who is strong in both historical dramas and action, continued to act constantly in dramas. He has charmed many viewers with his works ranging from  <Iljimae> to Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo> and continues to draw fans in Japan. Even so, this veteran says of his new work <Flower of Evil>, "I felt that this work would be too difficult for me at this time." Here, he shares many thoughts - On this drama which he considers the turning point of his life as an actor, and as one of the stars who has been driving the popularity of Korean dramas.

Thank you for gracing the cover of our commemorative 100th issue. You have been going back and forth between Korea and Japan since the start of the Hallyu wave and actively interacted with Japanese fans. Recently, Korean dramas and music have been well-loved in Japan. What do you think about that?

I feel encouraged. Recently, the window for cultural exchange has closed slightly, and I think its a shame, but good projects have paved the way for this window to be opened again, so I feel very happy about that. I hope that cultural exchange between both countries would become active again. I also enjoyed watching <Crash Landing on you> which is popular in Japan. After witnessing a drama produced by a great combination of great actors and a talented production team gain popularity in Japan, I hope that <Flower of Evil> which I appear in, will be accepted by Japanese audiences without any sense of discomfort.

Among your overseas activities as a hallyu star, which one was the most memorable event?

Honestly, I feel a bit shy being called a Hallyu star. In my case, I only got to be called that because I had good luck and was given good chances. Among all the events that I've experienced, all are so special that it's impossible to choose one. That's because they are all precious memories of shared memories with my fans. If I really had to choose one, I remember the high-touch event at Yokohama International Ferry Terminal well. There were really a lot of fans who came, and the event started from noon all the way till night. It was my first time touching the hands of my fans for a whole day, but I had no recollection of time passing by. When it ended and I came to my senses, my hands were numb, my voice was hoarse, and I had no strength in my legs(laughs).

Also, this wasn't in Japan, but the fanmeeting I had in Taiwan after <Moon Lovers> was also memorable. It just so happened that the schedule for my fanmeeting overlapped with IU's so we made a surprise appearance at each other's fanmeeting. The cheers at that time were incredible. That's why I feel sorry for the young actors these days. Due to the coronavirus, events such as fanmeetings, that used to be a given, can't be carried out.

Which are the best 3 Korean dramas that you would recommend?

I like genre-specific work, so I would like to choose <Signal>,  <Secret Forest>, and a show I appear in, < Time Between Dog and Wolf>. < Time Between Dog and Wolf> is a well-known work, so for those who have not watched it, please do so. If it's a romcom, then I'd recommend <Goblin>.

Among your works, <Two Weeks> was remade in Japan and gained popularity. What other works of yours would you like to be remade?

I am happy to hear that <Two Weeks> got a favorable reception and feel grateful for that. If the work that I just mentioned < Time Between Dog and Wolf> could be remade, that would be good. Recently, because of coronavirus it may be hard to produce dramas, and I think it'd be difficult, but if this show could be remade in this age, I think it'd be even more meaningful. If it's remade and I got an offer to make a special appearance. I'll do so gladly.

What are your plans from now on?

In this time when many people are experiencing a tough time due to coronavirus, If I could use what little I have to give pleasure, happiness and hope, I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Especially since, I'm an actor, If I could give people enjoyment through good works, nothing could make me happier. I'll prepare myself mentally and physically so that I can move on to my next project as soon as possible.

Lastly, please leave a message for your Japanese fans.

To my fans, please stay healthy no matter what. I think that as long as you stay healthy, we can spend an enjoyable time together (in the future), so please take care to avoid falling ill. Even so, I hope that you won't forget to be considerate toward others. I feel like I will cry when I meet you all again. I'm looking forward to the day when we can meet. I'll also meet you again with another good project. Please look forward to it.

Translation Credit: @doramaticbites (Twitter)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Happy New Year to everyone:hooray:

EnrHhOoXEAI68YT?format=jpg&name=large

(ENG) LEE JOON GI’s New Year Message to Hajunse (Korean fan club)

“Hi, guys. This is your actor Lee Joon Gi. Dear Hajunse family, finally, 2021, the Year of the Metal Ox, has dawned. I wish you all a happy new year. 2020, a year that was filled with ups and downs, is gone. The new year has finally dawned. They say it’s the Year of the Ox (cow). You know, there is this thing that my fans and I always remind ourselves of? That I should work hard like a cow every year. [** ‘working like a cow’ is a popular Korean expression meaning working hard and diligently.**] This year is going to be a bit different from any other year. I will do my best to make it a particularly great year by working harder and more diligently like a cow. I hope in the new year you guys get to fulfill all your dreams you couldn’t in 2020. In 2021, I hope you always stay healthy and happy.

What’s going to happen in 2021? I am very curious. For me, health comes first. Second, I hope this year I get to present a great project to you. Third, another goal and wish of mine for the year is to become a great actor who gets recognized by not only my fans but also by the public. And I wish you all and your families a home always filled with blessings. I pray for days filled with blessings not just for me but also you all. In the year of 2021, I hope you are always happy. Your actor Lee Joon Gi will stay by your side. Thank you, guys. I always love you. Bye. Happy New Year. Let’s love one another.”

JG’s Instagram update 2021/01/01

[trans]
Happy new year 2021. I pray for an even healthier year for you all and that your days will only be filled with blessings in the new year. I hope in the new year we all get to jump high more energetically than we have until now. I hope that the day will come soon when we get our precious ordinary days back and get to look at one another in person, holding hands together. To my people, who always give me big love, I love you.Thank you. Happy new year  Love you all .

Credit: @allaboutjoongi

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

21 K-Drama Superlatives From 2020

Many things have been up in the air this year. (And no that’s not an airborne virus joke). Travels, studies, work, leisure, relationships, etc. have all been impacted one way or another. But there’s one thing that remains constant and that’s K-dramas. And with that, here is our annual superlative roundup.

Despite the particularly difficult year, we can still find the silver lining and be thankful that we’ve at least had a strong showing in K-dramas to help us get through our stuck-at-home days. We’ve seen plenty of fantasy, sci-fi, and even makjang dramas, though there does seem to be less sageuks this year. Cable channels in particular have gifted us with well-written, well-produced, and well-cast dramas.

To honor the dramas that have accompanied and provided us with healing or have just been a form of escapism, I give you, in no particular order, 2020’s superlatives.

Now before you get up in arms about not seeing your favorite drama, please note that this is not a list of the best dramas of 2020, but rather a fun, silly way to take a stroll down memory lane. So feel free to head down to the comments section and nominate superlatives for all the other deserving dramas!

Disclaimer: This article only includes dramas that premiered between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2020. Also, minor spoilers ahead!

Most complicated love triangle (or five-angle)

Criminal-Minds-Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcu

When I say complicated, I mean complicated. (Refer to the above infographic if you get lost). Basically, once upon a time, there were two behavioral analysts working in the National Criminal Investigation unit named Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won (“Criminal Minds”). One day, Moon Chae Won decides she’s had enough of crime-fighting and becomes a fairy. She falls in love with a woodcutter, and after he dies, she waits 600+ years for him to reincarnate. That’s when she comes across two potential candidates, Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon (“Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter”).

Unfortunately, Moon Chae Won just can’t figure out which of them is her husband, so she just ditches them both and goes back to her first love — crime-fighting and Lee Joon Gi — who turns out to be her real husband after all (“Flower of Evil”). And what happens to Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon, the two spurned men? They figure that a fairy who can’t recognize them isn’t really worth their time, so they move on and turn their attention to Hwang Jung Eum instead (“To All The Guys Who Loved Me”).

They also may or may not have continued their bromance.

Basically, this AU fanfiction is just a way of saying, how on earth did we get so many coincidental pairings and reunions this year?! And just to be very clear, none of the above actually happened (not in the literal sense at least), so actors… please don’t sue me.

Start watching “Flower of Evil”: 

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

394eabceda5128a5d564ee7cb61f7c8e1c8967b9

Lee Joon Gi’s interview with Marisol (2021/01/01)

(source – https://marisol.hpplus.jp/article/63336/01/)

Q. Can you tell us about the role you play in Flower of Evil, Baek Hee Seong?

JG – I play Do Hyun Soo who lives as Baek Hee Seong. For 14 years, he has concealed his cruel past, lived under a false identity, made a family of his own to live a new life, deceived his loving wife, and pretended to love her. I was hoping that you (viewers) would also feel all kinds of emotions while watching Do Hyun Soo’s story, such as tension and thrill, throughout all the 16 episodes. That is what I focused on when I played this role.

Q. Why did you choose to star in this drama?

JG – It was not an easy decision to make. Because I thought I was not suited for this character, and that in depicting this character’s story – whether in real life or in terms of my acting career – I was probably too young to play such a character with so much depth. (Laughs) So I thought long and hard about it and felt under a lot of pressure. Of course, it was the director and the production team who offered me the role, but I really thought very hard about it. Many people around me tried to persuade me to take it, saying that it would be a new challenge for me and another turning point in my acting career. Moon Chae Won also suggested I do it, cheering me on. That this character, Do Hyun Soo, is the center of this drama, and it might be difficult to play; but this is a role that Lee Joon Gi could do, and it would be an opportunity for me to broaden my range as an actor. Since so many people around me said things like that to me, I thought very hard about those things, read the script over and over, and studied it for a long time. Then I thought that this is a very unique drama and it was so amazing how it had two conflicting values – thriller and romance – in it. So I thought, ‘This is a challenge and it will help me grow further.’ I think it is a challenge I took on in my career as an actor. It was a challenge rather than a choice.

Q. Of the scenes and lines you performed, can you tell us about one that you find particularly memorable?

JG – Each and every scene was not easy as they all lead to the story that comes later. It is very difficult to choose one particular scene. Each episode has some great scenes. All of those scenes were necessary to trace the life of Do Hyun Soo. However, if I had to choose one, it would be the scene where the emotions of Do Hyun Soo, who cannot feel anything, are released for the first time. I worried a lot about how to express that kind of emotional release, which comes from the desperation of not wanting to lose what he values most when he is forced into this extreme situation. I thought if not done properly, that scene would not be convincing. I thought, to viewers, that emotional release might seem so sudden especially after they have followed so closely the emotions and situations of Do Hyun Soo all along. It could make all the relationships [Hyun Soo has with other characters] fall to pieces, throw the drama off balance, and even cause what Do Hyun Soo has been picturing to fall apart. In that sense, the scene where Hyunsoo bursts out crying for the first time in front of Jiwon was very difficult, but I think many viewers also felt his sadness and found it heartbreaking. This is a scene where Hyunsoo lets out all the emotions he’s feeling in front of Jiwon, and it is precisely because of this scene that Jiwon once again begins to trust Do Hyun Soo, the husband she so loves. It was difficult throughout starting with the rehearsal, and we constantly made changes, but the director continued to come up with ideas and I discussed with him what I had prepared. We put a lot of thought into that scene. Thankfully, viewers also felt sad while watching it, so I find that scene memorable.

Q. In the drama, you performed the duality of your character with delicacy. Do you feel that you, Lee Joon Gi, have two sides?

JG – I think everyone has two sides. In this day and age, though, doesn’t everyone live a life where they hide themselves while always thinking about how they look to the world? I do think everyone lives this way, hiding themselves… Of course, I also have two sides to me. I think I am more careful and hesitant than I may look to others out there; sometimes I can be a bit calculating and living with my own thoughts. Then when I come back to ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as I originally am, I think there is quite a deep side of me. As I get older these days, I have started asking myself, “What should I do to live in balance?” Isn’t it something everyone has on their mind? I think many people put on an act to a degree, just as Hyunsoo does. When you think about it, we live in an age where we cannot live expressing all our emotions, don’t we?

Q. In Japan, we have this term “イクメン” [* ikumen = a man who actively takes pleasure in childcare; source – https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181127-ikumen-how-japans-hunky-dads-are-changing-parenting]. In the drama, there are ordinary scenes where you do housework and childcare. You performed those scenes very naturally and so perfectly. But do you enjoy housework in real life?

JG – Well, I lived alone for a long time since I left home at the age of 19 (laughs). I mean, I am interested in everything [about housework] but now I live with my sibling [little sister] so she does the housework and she does it very well. I don’t really do as much housework as I used to, but in the past, I especially loved cooking and making stuff for myself. Back in the military – and I was famous for this – I remember keeping things clean. If I get to have a family of my own, I will gladly take pleasure in childcare, cooking, and cleaning.

Q. It seems there are many people around the world who can’t go out as much as they want but spend more time at home due to Covid-19. Is there anything you have recently started because of the time we live in now?  

JG – Before [Covid-19] I had started and practiced jiu jitsu consistently for over 2 years. However, I had to stop all that because of Covid-19. Now it’s a time when I have to be careful about everything. I used to go to the gym regularly even during filming, but this year, I had no choice but to concentrate only on filming. Because, as a leading actor, I did not want to risk causing harm to anyone. So this year, I would say I stopped [jiu jitsu] for a while, rather than losing my hobby. Instead, I have started walking. I was very worried that if I did not train my body this way, I would get [easily] tired when I do something. Before I had started jiu jitsu, I’d loved walking anyway, so I started walking again. I started walking at the Han River, following all the infection prevention guidelines and putting on a thick mask. So when I went for a walk like this for the first time in a long time, it felt refreshing. I walk the same long trail I had taken before, and it is not just for exercising, but I enjoy walking while listening to music without thinking about anything, or while thinking about various things. I think walking around like that, completely free from any thoughts at all, ultimately helps refresh myself. I think life is similar to walking, so every time I go for a walk, I feel like I get to look back on my life, and I think that’s good. In every aspect, many people, not just me, are living restricted lives these days, but I hope that we all get through this and I suggest we do it by trying simple things, one by one, just as I do – so we can stay healthy both physically and mentally.

Q. What kind of genre and role do you want to try in the future?

JG – So far, I have done a lot of genre (-specific) works, like action and romance. You know, most Korean dramas have romance in them, and they always have romance aspects to them, don’t they? (laughs) Many of those fans who love me often tell me they want to see me in a romance, but hey, I have not done a single project that does not have romance in it. It is just that many of my works fall under the genres of action and thriller, but I think they all have romantic aspects to them… But after finishing this drama [Flower of Evil], I did feel like I had done a romantic drama (melodrama) I had been avoiding before. I think it blends thriller and romance harmoniously, and once again made me think a lot about what love is. I have always been interested in stories about loves, and I have always thought I want to express a love between man and woman, the most basic kind of love. If I can, I want to do a project that focuses on a love between man and woman. But even now, a lot of people think of ‘Lee Joon Gi’ when it comes to action, so I still get a lot of offers in that genre [action]. To directors [specializing] in the romance genre, please keep me in mind (laughs). Or else, I want to play a role where I let go of anything that’s weighing me down… I want to do a role where I get to express myself freely. Without being tied to a specific genre. I think this drama [Flower of Evil] made me desire such things.

Q. Lastly, is there any message you want to send to your Japanese fans who are about to watch Flower of Evil?

JG – In Korea, the drama received so much love from many fans and viewers, and I am so grateful. From the production team to the director, the writer, all the other staff, and the actors I worked with – everyone did their best and worked so hard on this, and it turned out to be a great drama. Guys, I am so happy you guys love the passion that went into this. I hope many watch Flower of Evil. Don’t miss it! I think that Covid-19 has been very hard on the fans in Japan as well. But health always comes first! I pray that we all follow the infection prevention guidelines, stay healthy, and get to meet one another very soon. Please stay healthy, and always stay happy. Thank you very much. [In Japanese] “See you again.”

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

*** Lee Joon Gi has graced 2021’s first cover of Chinese fashion magazine, “WAVES 漫潮.” Wow, he looks so handsome here. So chic. They're the best of the best! I adore this man! :blush:

Lee-joon-gi.jpg

lee-joon-gi3.jpg

lee-joon-gi1.jpg

Spoiler

lee-joon-gi2.jpg

pictures source : soompi news

• Love 4
On 1/4/2021 at 10:43 PM, willenette said:

*** Lee Joon Gi has graced 2021’s first cover of Chinese fashion magazine, “WAVES 漫潮.” Wow, he looks so handsome here. So chic. They're the best of the best! I adore this man! :blush:

My favourite is this picture below: Mature Lee Joon Gi in a three piece suit is mesmerizing:wub:

EquKe-lXYAAZ_2n?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 1/7/2021 at 5:35 AM, violina said:

My favourite is this picture below: Mature Lee Joon Gi in a three piece suit is mesmerizing:wub:

I like this one too- well fitted not over sizedB)

• Like 3

7 More Must-Watch K-Dramas Of 2020

2020 is over, and what a year it has been. Although most of us are hoping to move on from 2020 and say goodbye to all the good and not so good memories the year had to offer, let’s take a look at some of the amazing dramas that were released this past year. If you’re interested in part one of this feature, you can check it out here. Now onto our list of seven more must-watch K-dramas of 2020.

Note: List is in no particular order.

5. “Flower Of Evil

Flower-of-Evil10.jpg

Lee Joon Gi stars alongside Moon Chae Won in the mystery thriller “Flower of Evil.” His character Baek Hee Sung is a perfect husband and doting father to a little girl. To the visible eye he is perfect, but there’s another life he leads – one filled with murder, deceit, and lies. His wife, Cha Ji Won, is a detective and is in the midst of a cat-and-mouse hunt that will lead her to her husband as the prime suspect. You’ll enjoy the mystery thriller aspect of the storyline but will also appreciate the incredible acting by our main leads.

“Flower Of Evil” is the perfect nail-biting mystery drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Not only is the story engaging in that you want to know what happens with every episode, but the acting is top notch. We wouldn’t expect anything less from veterans Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won. Lee Joon Gi’s dynamic acting skills and ability to show such a contrast in character is so engrossing that you’ll get lost in the drama.

lee-joon-gi.gif

Watch the first episode of “Flower Of Evil”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Love 3

15 Uncommon Korean Movie Recommendations

Evidently, Korea has a lot of depressing and wild films.

Many Korean movie recommendations have been said over the years, especially after Parasite won Best Picture. But what if you’ve already seen Parasite? What if you’ve already seen Train to Busan? Along with the Gods? My Sassy Girl? You’re done with “classics”. You want something else.

Well, you’ve come to the right place. These are great movies that are probably classics to someone, but the average/casual viewer may not have heard of them. Below are the 15 movies that are still quite popular and well-done but hardly ever recommended by other websites,

12. The King and the Clown

OXcNSt-ZUe5KIEuGDwknGF9FRiNDqJ53AtH-RQ-JNzf6pgQMnMc04TN5PPq0VuAI2w_vF-KmIPVOwSqI5kXcIjEq1XuxWJ2OmjeEmvqDz88N=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | IMDb

In the 16th-century Joseon Dynasty, a pair of rural male actors, boisterous, manly Jang Seng (Kim Woo Sung) and quiet, feminine Gong Gil (Lee Joon Gi), travel to Seoul and join a struggling acting troupe.

When their “disrespectful” show mocks the self-indulgent king, they are arrested but given the chance to live if they can make the king laugh. To everyone’s surprise, the king loves the show and makes the actors official court jesters, giving them extravagant food. However, the king’s attentiveness to Gong Gil makes it quickly apparent that humor isn’t the only thing motivating him. The king’s mistress, the country’s ministers, and Jang Seng soon realize, and jealousy and anger arise.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/15-uncommon-korean-movie-recommendations/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

490f49a0327f14d894013590251d87efe3257fe5

(ENG translation) StarNews’ Exclusive Interview with Lee Joon Gi, winner of the Best Artist Award and the Asia Celebrity Award in the Acting category at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards (2021/01/11)

-

part 1

2020 was certainly a meaningful year for this actor, who won two awards at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards (“2020 AAA”) and made us look forward to the next step he’s going to take in 2021. That actor is none other than Lee Joon Gi.

At the 2020 AAA held last November, Lee Joon Gi won the Best Artist Award and the Asia Celebrity Award in the acting category.

He made a small-screen comeback after two years with tvN drama Flower of Evil, which aired last July, and went on to become a double award winner at the 2020 AAA, leaving us all wowed: “Of course! [**an expression used to say he lived up to his name**]”

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi plays Do Hyun Soo who lives as Baek Hee Seong, so that’s basically two characters in one role. Lee turned in a spine-chilling performance that took viewers by surprise, and the viewers were mesmerized by it. That’s probably why Lee gave Flower of Evil a special place when asked what winning the 2020 AAA awards meant to him:

“For me, ‘Flower of Evil’ was a truly meaningful project. We started filming in the spring of 2020 and continued to work until early winter, so we worked together for about a year. Winning the awards at the 2020 AAA made 2020 an even more meaningful year especially after I spent it working on ‘Flower of Evil.’ This is all because of those viewers and fans who showed love and support for ‘Flower of Evil.’ So thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

This is his second time winning at the AAA following the 2017 awards. The AAAs hold a special meaning for him.

"I am always grateful for the memories I have of the AAAs, not just this year but also 3 years ago (laughs). In particular, I am very well aware that I was honored with these awards because of my fans who showed me their unchanging love and support, so my heart is always full of gratitude, then as well as now. However, unlike 3 years ago, this year I could not meet my fans due to Covid-19. I sincerely hope and pray that Covid-19 ends as soon as possible so the next awards will be a festival where everyone gets to laugh and have fun together.”

Following Lee Joon Gi’s wins, international fans, as well as his Korean fans, left him messages of congratulations on his SNS account. He expressed his gratitude to his fans for showing him their unwavering support and love.

"I think I got these great results because of my fans who always cheer me on and send me love. This year must have been harder on them than any other year, yet they still did not forget to cheer me on and send me lots of love. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks to the support you gave me, I was able to cheer up and run this race till the very end. I hope you take good care of your health, and I am cheering you all on and wish you a year filled with happiness and joy in 2021. I will also work hard to show you a greater, better version of myself. Thank you.”

Lee Joon Gi is now the double award winner at the 2020 AAA. He confided that ‘Flower of Evil’ is such a special project for him because it put him where he is right now.

"To me, ‘Flower of Evil’ was a project that truly felt like a ‘gift’. It was my small-screen comeback project after two years, so I was constantly under pressure and worried so much, from the moment I chose to do this project and throughout the shoot. In fact, from the moment I received the script, the biggest thought in my head was ‘this is so difficult,’ and the project particularly made me worry a lot and wonder if I could do a good job. But now that I finished it all, looking back, I think those worries and those moments came together and brought into my life a time that feels like a gift. It was definitely the case when I was shooting, but even now, after finishing it, when I look back on that time, it is just filled with fun and happy memories.”

Lee Joon Gi also confided that the cast and the production crew he worked with on Flower of Evil also congratulated him on his wins at the 2020 AAA. He added that he regarded those awards as the honors he received along with those he’d worked together on the drama.

"(Following my wins at the 2020 AAA) everyone called me to offer their sincere congratulations. In the end, I think these awards are the honors I received along with all the actors and production crew who worked so hard together. So when we spoke to one another I remember saying thank you back to those I worked with.”

-

part 2

[Exclusive] Lee Joon Gi: “I worried so much I would end up playing a parody of myself in Flower of Evil’

StarNews’ Exclusive Interview with Lee Joon Gi, winner of the Best Artist Award and the Asia Celebrity Award in the Acting category at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards

In ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joon Gi practically plays two characters in one role, in every aspect – from facial expressions to emotions, and to action performances. His portrayal of Do Hyun Soo, wrongly accused of murder, who lives as killer Baek Hee Seong, left an indelible impression on viewers. But Lee Joon Gi himself had difficulty playing this role who has polar opposites in him.

"Since Do Hyun Soo and Baek Hee Seong have completely different vibes to them, I had to think long and hard about how to play them. Plus, Do Hyun Soo is incapable of feeling emotions, so I had difficulty expressing this character on-screen. That’s why I paid particularly more attention to the reactions this character shows in his interactions with other various characters. Precisely because he is incapable of feeling, I thought every single reaction that comes from every tiny expression could be powerful and make the character more believable. So before the shoot began, I spent time with the director and the other actors exchanging ideas and tried hard not to miss any details.”

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi showed a mysterious but oddly attractive side of him as well: that is, his portrayal of a ‘father,’ which drew a positive response from viewers. Lee Joon Gi shared the behind-the-scenes story about this performance.

"I think the scenes I shared with my daughter Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) really reflect a lot of my real-life self. In fact, on the days we had a shoot together, I remember deliberately showing up to work early to hang out with Seo Yeon so I could get closer to her. During the shoot, the director also left it all up to me when it came to the scenes of Hee Seong and Eun Ha. I guess that is probably why those scenes show more natural sides of us.”

Lee Joon Gi also told us about what kind of ‘father’ he thinks he should be.

“I dream of having a warm and happy family just like Baek Hee Seong’s, and I also want to become a good husband and good father. Working on Flower of Evil particularly made me think more about this, and the staff members I worked with saw me like this and told me, ‘I think you are going to have a really good life when married.’ I think when I become a father, I would look pretty much like what I looked like in Flower of Evil.”

Lee Joon Gi also heaped praises on Moon Chae Won and Kim Ji Hun he worked with and who helped make Flower of Evil a well-made drama.

“It always has been the case with every other project I worked on, but Flower of Evil particularly had a great ensemble cast. This was my second time working with Moon Chae Won, and she is the type of actor who is very detail-oriented and great at staying focused, so we helped each other a lot. I think I could make those emotions in Do Hyun Soo feel more desperate because of Cha Ji Won as performed by Chae Won. It was my first time working with Kim Ji Hun, but we have known each other for such a long time, so I was actually very excited about acting with him. The tension and impact Ji Hun delivered in Flower of Evil was so great that he left me feeling overwhelmed and thrilled. On top of that, we were very similar in our work style, so those times we spent together thinking over and discussing how to create great scenes left me such great memories."

In addition to Moon Chae Won and Kim Ji Hun, Lee Joon Gi also talked about working with Seo Hyun Woo and Jang Hee Jin, which he described as “awe-inspiring and stimulating.”

"It was so amazing working with Seo Hyun Woo as well. I had already been told he was a great actor, but when I actually got to act alongside him, he even surpassed my expectations. I think Seo Hyun Woo made a significant contribution to that early impactful scene where Do Hyun Soo’s true identity is revealed. I am so truly grateful to him and I want to work with him often on projects I’ll be doing in the future.

It was also my second time working with Jang Hee Jin. As soon as I heard Hee Jin had been cast in the role Do Hae Soo, I thought, ‘There we go!’ I mean that’s how much I trusted and relied on her. Normally, she is a cheerful and positive person, but when the shoot begins, she instantly gets into character and shows an entirely different side of her. Working with her on Flower of Evil, I found her a great inspiration and thanks to her, we had a great chemistry.”  

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi made us say, “Of course, that’s Lee Joon Gi,” leaving us in awe. In every project he was in, he gave such an impressive performance. In Flower of Evil, he wanted to show a side of him that people had not seen before.

"Each time I work on a new project, I constantly think about what I should do to show people a new side of me. The thing that worried me the most while preparing for Flower of Evil was what if I ended up playing a parody of myself. But the more I read the script, the more I thought up images in my head that were completely new, unique, and different from the roles I had played before. Imagining such things was such an appealing part of the process. Then, when developing those two characters – Do Hyun Soo and Baek Hee Seong, I worked hard to set my character apart in terms of various details so that it would be a completely new character people had never seen before.”

-

part 3

[Exclusive] Lee Joon Gi: “I’m sending you cheers and pray we get to return to normal in 2021”  

StarNews’ Exclusive Interview with Lee Joon Gi, winner of the Best Artist Award and the Asia Celebrity Award in the Acting category at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi gave a powerful performance shifting between good and evil. For each project he is in, he creates a character that only Lee Joon Gi can do. With expectations mounting for his next project, people wonder what kind of role the actor himself wants to play.

"I am still thinking hard about how to show a ‘new’ side of me in my next project. I want to show fans a melodramatic side of me that they want to see in me; I also want to go the action route all the way. Or, if I am given an opportunity then I want to come back with a historical drama after a long while. For now, I am keeping an open mind for a lot of possibilities.”

Lee Joon Gi’s work has spanned various genres, from drama, film, to romance, and to thriller. But there is this one specific genre he wants to try:

"I did a melodrama in Flower of Evil, but it is a ‘suspense melodrama,’ so I don’t think it had as many melodramatic scenes as I’d thought it would, which I regretted a little (laughs). So if I get an opportunity I want to try a real classic melodrama.”

So Lee Joon Gi wants to try a real classic melodrama. Asked what he wants to show in the future, he talked about “touching hearts”:

"I want to be an actor who can help people heal through my work; an actor who works consistently and diligently for a long time and can touch hearts like it’s a gift [for people]. When it comes to the character and the genre, I want people to see me taking on various kinds of challenges, instead of having a certain set of criteria. One of the things I consider most important when choosing a project is ‘human love.’ I want to comfort and touch people by giving a performance rich in emotions like that.”

2020 was a year that saw him in Flower of Evil and at the 2020 AAA winning awards. It is now last year, but he described 2020 as a “year I will not forget forever.”

"It was a year that was very hard but made me feel grateful and happy. I think, for many people, 2020 will be remembered as a hard year [due to Covid-19]. However, even amid a global crisis like this, I am so grateful that I met this drama ‘Flower of Evil’ and got to spend almost all of the four seasons on the set. So many things changed on set due to Covid-19, but we had good people coming together and doing their best to stay safe. Because of them, we could finish it safely without problems, for which I am grateful. I was very happy I got to comfort viewers through this drama this past year that was so hard on us, and I was also deeply touched by the viewers. 2020 was truly a year I will not forget forever.”

Now 2020 is gone, and the new year has begun. Welcoming 2021, Lee Joon Gi sent a New Year’s message to the readers of StarNews:

"It feels like just a short while ago that I said hello to you through Flower of Evil last year, but the new year has already begun. Because of the big love and support you sent me last year, 2020 was such an unforgettable year. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Most of us are still in difficult times due to Covid-19, but I’m sending you cheers and sincerely pray that we get to return to normal in 2021 as soon as possible. As an actor, I will also work hard to entertain and touch you with a better project and character. Please always take care of your health, and happy new year! Thank you."

-End.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • 2 weeks later...

*** Ohhh................I heard that LJK declines male lead in a rom-com drama titled "Link" opposite Moon Ga Young. I wonder why. I love this genre. He has always giving his all in all of his works. How I love "Flower of Evil". It's a total package for me, great writing, acting & directing. :blush:

• Like 2
18 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Ohhh................I heard that LJK declines male lead in a rom-com drama titled "Link" opposite Moon Ga Young. I wonder why. I love this genre. He has always giving his all in all of his works. How I love "Flower of Evil". It's a total package for me, great writing, acting & directing. :blush:

@willenette, he must have his reasons - maybe the character is a bit similar to DHS?:huh: ... we will just have to wait a bit longer 

And I think even if he has accepted an offer, he might keep it quiet until FOE made its wave on Netflix...

Anyhow cant wait to find out  what he decides to do next...:wub:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette, he must have his reasons - maybe the character is a bit similar to DHS?:huh: ... we will just have to wait a bit longer 

And I think even if he has accepted an offer, he might keep it quiet until FOE made its wave on Netflix...

Anyhow cant wait to find out  what he decides to do next...:wub:

@Tuiwgn, I agree with you - And we have some great news, Metro.style has just confirmed that "Flower of Evil" is coming to Netflix tomorrow, (Sunday, January 24). And the drama is also available to Viu but to Premium members only. ...  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

*** Is it true that Lee Junki will make his drama comeback soon through "Link"? I thought all along he declined it. I heard that he has decided to take the offer to be the male lead.  If so, Lee Junki will play the role of Eun Gyehoon, a man who set up a restaurant in a shabby neighborhood where his twin sister went missing 20 years ago. Eun Gyehoon's business goes well as he attracts customers with his sexy appearance and visual. One day, he meets a woman who suddenly invades his feelings and brings a huge change in his life. The drama is described as a fantasy melodrama and human mystery drama. If this is true, I'm happy. At least, we could get to see him in another drama soon. In case, I'm looking forward to the drama if LJK is in it. :blush: