• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 17-23, 2020

LINK here : Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-17-23-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 19      
Memorials 15 KBS 2.9%
When I Was the Most Beautiful 1 MBC 2.9%
Was It Love 13 JTBC 1.7%
Flower of Evil 7 tvN 3.5%
Thursday, Aug. 20      
Memorials 16 KBS 2.9%
When I Was the Most Beautiful 2 MBC 2.4%
Was It Love 14 JTBC 1.8%
Flower of Evil 8 tvN 3.9%
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

*** Can't wait to watch MORE scenes as the EP progresses............  :blush:

******************************************************************************************************************************

“Flower Of Evil” Director Reveals What To Look Forward To In Second Half Of Drama

16196c9b6e154e9dbc6b578867fb7199.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Flower of Evil” has revealed what viewers can look forward to in the second half of the drama.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

On the second half of the drama, director Kim Cheol Kyu said, “Starting from episode 9, the core of the case and the core of the characters’ emotions will begin to collide and intersect. I think viewers will be able to enjoy the drama even more as they tune in to see how the serial killer case and the romance between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won play out and how, instead of destroying each other, they actually create a synergistic energy for a great conclusion.”

This week’s episodes of “Flower of Evil” will air as scheduled on August 26 and 27 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Next week, “Flower of Evil” only airs on Wednesday, September 2, and Thursday’s episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

flower-of-evil-3.jpg

flower-of-evil-2.jpg

Watch the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” here:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, willenette said:

I think viewers will be able to enjoy the drama even more as they tune in to see how the serial killer case and the romance between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won play out and how, instead of destroying each other, they actually create a synergistic energy for a great conclusion.”

Oh, Oh, OH, does that mean a happy ending :winkx:

• Like 2

Lee Joon Gi Has A Dangerous Encounter With A Mysterious Bartender In “Flower Of Evil”

b0243522ed7740f7b096829115c78594.jpeg?s=

tvN shared a glimpse of a thrilling encounter in the upcoming episode of “Flower of Evil”!

The suspenseful thriller stars Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the previous episode of “Flower of Evil,” Moon Chae Won decided to find out the truth about Do Hyun Soo, and Do Hyun Soo (who is currently living as Baek Hee Sung) joined hands with his sister Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) and reporter Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) to find the true killer.

The new stills from the upcoming episode preview a tense moment between Do Hyun Soo and an unknown bartender. The empty bar is dimly lit, and the atmosphere is strained with uneasiness. Do Hyun Soo acts like a regular customer, but his eyes are glinting with danger and determination, a dangerous combination for someone who has too much to lose.

lee-joon-gi-12.jpg

Then suddenly, Do Hyun Soo and the bartender stand before each other with Do Hyun Soo’s hand stretched towards him. Viewers are eager to see who the new character is and why Do Hyun Soo sought after him.

lee-joon-gi-21.jpg

Episodes 9 to 11 will air as planned, but due to the recent surging of COVID-19 cases, episode 12 will be delayed until further notice.

The next episode of “Flower of Evil” will air on August 26 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch the latest episode below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*** Due to unexpected changes to drama broadcast schedules, viewership ratings for “Flower of Evil” have remained relatively stable. According to Nielsen Korea, the August 26 episode, which was last night scored an average nationwide rating of 3.5 percent and a peak of 4.1 percent. The drama is so good.  :blush:

• Like 4

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won Are Driven Further Apart In “Flower Of Evil”

f8d4df48114f4a528c2c7bf1d98aa511.jpeg?s=

The pursue for the truth will drive a wedge between Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won in “Flower of Evil”!

The suspenseful thriller stars Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Cha Ji Won couldn’t stand her husband Do Hyun Soo’s lies anymore and eventually blew up. She vowed to end ties with him, and he was shocked by her outburst because he didn’t realize she knew the truth about him. Their edgy relationship will continue in the next episode of “Flower of Evil.”

On August 27, the drama released new stills of Cha Ji Won, Do Hyun Soo, Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo), and Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin).

In the photos, Do Hyun Soo is dressed in black, and he is also wearing glasses. His outfit gives a hint that he has begun another covert mission. On the other hand, Cha Ji Won accepts a call at the police station, and her fellow detectives gaze at her with a mixture of concern and apprehension.

lee-joon-gi6.jpg

In other stills, Kim Moo Jin and Do Hae Soo continue to team up with Do Hyun Soo to find out the true killer. Do Hyun Soo calls someone, and Kim Moo Jin eyes him with curiosity whereas Do Hae Soo watches him with a worried expression.

jang-hee-jin-lee-joon-gi1.jpg

The next episode of “Flower of Evil” will air on August 27 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch the latest episode on Viki below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3
On 8/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, Tuiwgn said:

Oh, Oh, OH, does that mean a happy ending

@Tuiwgn, I hope it's a happy-ending since I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories.................. Lee Junki hints more on the final episode of his ongoing drama via live on his Instagram that the final script for its 16th episode has been completed. He said that reading it makes him almost cry. Filming of 'Flower of Evil' is paused due to the re-spike of COVID-19 cases in South Korea. It's better (to halt filming) for everyone's safety. Now, he has time to rest for a while since he's just at home. In case you missed the live broadcast, you can watch the replay below. :blush:

video credit : kstarlive

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

*** He resembles Lee Junki a lot. This rookie actor currently plays as the young Lee Junki in 'Flower of Evil.' His role in the drama marked his acting debut. Park Hyunjoon is his name and was active as a singer with his stage name Rue. :blush: They are similar in height. He then shared a funny experience he had at the filming site because he looks like Lee Junki. He told, "On the first day of the filming, I wore a school uniform and the staff members suddenly bowed to me 90 degrees. I was so surprised why they would do so to a newbie like me. Later, I found out that they'd thought I was Lee Junki." :grin:

1598410353788-0.jpg

1598410723638-1598410723638.png

Pictures credit : kstarlive

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, willenette said:

@Tuiwgn, I hope it's a happy-ending since I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories.................. Lee Junki hints more on the final episode of his ongoing drama via live on his Instagram that the final script for its 16th episode has been completed. He said that reading it makes him almost cry. Filming of 'Flower of Evil' is paused due to the re-spike of COVID-19 cases in South Korea. It's better (to halt filming) for everyone's safety. Now, he has time to rest for a while since he's just at home. In case you missed the live broadcast, you can watch the replay below. :blush:

@willenette  Oh no, " the ending makes him almost cry..." My heart cannot take another sad ending... why does JG's drama rarely has happy ending.

Thank you so much for posting the replay!!!   I stayed up for the entire  broadcast:lol:, it was good seeing him  even though not quite understanding what he is saying though...  listening to his voice was suffice:wub:

Hope everyone is safe in South Korea and the rest of the world really. Covid 19, please go away ...

• Like 5

*** “Flower of Evil” remains No. 1 among Wednesday-Thursday night dramas! The latest episode of the series scored an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent and a peak of 4.0 percent, marking a slight increase in viewership from its previous episode the night before. Beautiful drama! This  is highly recommended. It  is really well written. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

I just finished watching Lee Joon Gi's IG live (as translated by the always amazing JG Gunman) and there is one part where he was talking about how he went about performing hyun soo's character. He mentioned that Hyun soo was a difficult character to express dramatically; instead of showing a wide spectrum of emotions, he had to intentionally withhold certain expressions to be able to play him well. In order to understand hee sung's character, he wanted the fans to observe the micro expressions and guess what was intentionally withheld in his performance. 

I really appreciated the thought put into the performance and i feel his interpretation of Hyun Soo is the main reason that what drives viewer's empathy and attachment to the drama (even though to be fair, most of the characters are quite likeable). I mean, up until now, his character does not get a lot of emotional scenes or powerful dialogue, and those are key building blocks for an actor to establish his/her character well. It is a role that puts a lot of pressure on the actor himself to build that relationship with the viewer, and I feel that he has done so spectacularly. 

Judging from some key scenes, it seems like the real hyun soo is overwhelmed with fear most of the time. If you observe closely, the actor often withholds this particular expression from his facial performance, but tells us this through his body language. 

for example:
1) in the basement scene with jiwon, his face portrays anger, but the ragged breathing and shaky body language portrays deep panic and fear
2) when Ji won says that she hates him, hates sleeping next to him or watching him eat, although his facial expression is calm and his speech is steady, Joon Gi takes a sharp breathe in between each line of the script to tell the viewer that the character is panicking/frightened during this exchange. 

3) even in one of the previews, where he and jiwon are in an interrogation room, while he stares at his wife with the blank look of a serial killer, his hands are shaking as if he is worried or scared. 

I think its these little inconsistencies that draw the viewer to Hyun soo's character and make us feel for him even though he was still a mystery right up until ep 8. I really think lee joon gi is such a great  actor, i hope one day he will go back to making movies and be more internationally renowned for his great work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette  Oh no, " the ending makes him almost cry..." My heart cannot take another sad ending... why does JG's drama rarely has happy ending.

Thank you so much for posting the replay!!!   I stayed up for the entire  broadcast:lol:, it was good seeing him  even though not quite understanding what he is saying though...  listening to his voice was suffice:wub:

Hope everyone is safe in South Korea and the rest of the world really. Covid 19, please go away ...

@Tuiwgn,   he hosted an almost one hour Instagram live that night of August 26, and actively interacted with the fans. Wearing plain white shirt and later on puts specs.  Lee Joon Gi’s visual never fails to make us fall deeper even in the simplest look. What I just noticed was he looked sleepy or just newly woke-up - is it just me? But, he showed that evening his real & usual cheerful and lively side! He was reading the comments and even mentioning their names. Lee Joon Gi was so jolly. He didn’t stop from talking. Remember the popular TikTok whoa move where your arms are in the alternate ways? Lee Joon Gi also did that, right? He even played songs in the background and sang with it partially dancing to the beat. He was also encouraging the viewers to listen and sing. Lee Joon Gi literally spent the night with his fans making them happy & vice-versa.  He is so adorable and no doubt why many people love him as an actor and as an individual. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

*** Apologize for posting this. It can't be deleted anymore..................... :o

When the gender of 17 male celebrities changed! Jo In-Sung and Kim Soo-hyun are so amazing; are Jung Woo-Sung and Cha Eun-woo Japanese beauties?

The gender conversion filter app that reverses the gender of men and women is too popular. Fans for sure have tried and played this kind of app. What will happen when these handsome male stars become girls?

(deleted picture, which isn't LJK .....)

credit : Korea Star Daily

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/129610

• Where's My Oppa? 1
17 hours ago, willenette said:

he hosted an almost one hour Instagram live that night of August 26, and actively interacted with the fans. Wearing plain white shirt and later on puts specs.  Lee Joon Gi’s visual never fails to make us fall deeper even in the simplest look. What I just noticed was he looked sleepy or just newly woke-up - is it just me? But, he showed that evening his real & usual cheerful and lively side! He was reading the comments and even mentioning their names. Lee Joon Gi was so jolly. He didn’t stop from talking. Remember the popular TikTok whoa move where your arms are in the alternate ways? Lee Joon Gi also did that, right? He even played songs in the background and sang with it partially dancing to the beat. He was also encouraging the viewers to listen and sing. Lee Joon Gi literally spent the night with his fans making them happy & vice-versa.  He is so adorable and no doubt why many people love him as an actor and as an individual. :blush:

@willenette,  how can we not adore him? :wub:

I didn't think he looked sleepy, although he did apologise for having a puffy face during the talk - of which I don't know why he needs to apologise ... But I did notice a scratch  under his right eye which he used a lot of make up to cover it up ...:wacko: And boy, can this man talk and never a bore moment too ( I am following gunman on instagram and got to rewatch it with subs)

yet, first and foremost for me, Lee Joon Gi is such a great actor and he is still getting better and better. This is what I admire about him, a real professional , always trying to find ways to improve and to grow as an actor, dedicated and hardworking. I think this is why so many fans have stayed by his side for so long, not to mention his adorable personality  , his athleticism, dancing and singing  and his look is just unique. I hope to see more of him in future and would love to go to the fan meeting when covid is over...

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Lee Jun Ki: European and American Beauty

But the image is NOT Lee Joon Gi, :facepalm:   JG is far far prettier , (my opinion)

The image is  ryusdb 柳俊烈,  

18 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

I just finished watching Lee Joon Gi's IG live (as translated by the always amazing JG Gunman) and there is one part where he was talking about how he went about performing hyun soo's character. He mentioned that Hyun soo was a difficult character to express dramatically; instead of showing a wide spectrum of emotions, he had to intentionally withhold certain expressions to be able to play him well. In order to understand hee sung's character, he wanted the fans to observe the micro expressions and guess what was intentionally withheld in his performance. 

I really appreciated the thought put into the performance and i feel his interpretation of Hyun Soo is the main reason that what drives viewer's empathy and attachment to the drama (even though to be fair, most of the characters are quite likeable). I mean, up until now, his character does not get a lot of emotional scenes or powerful dialogue, and those are key building blocks for an actor to establish his/her character well. It is a role that puts a lot of pressure on the actor himself to build that relationship with the viewer, and I feel that he has done so spectacularly. 

Judging from some key scenes, it seems like the real hyun soo is overwhelmed with fear most of the time. If you observe closely, the actor often withholds this particular expression from his facial performance, but tells us this through his body language. 

for example:
1) in the basement scene with jiwon, his face portrays anger, but the ragged breathing and shaky body language portrays deep panic and fear
2) when Ji won says that she hates him, hates sleeping next to him or watching him eat, although his facial expression is calm and his speech is steady, Joon Gi takes a sharp breathe in between each line of the script to tell the viewer that the character is panicking/frightened during this exchange. 

3) even in one of the previews, where he and jiwon are in an interrogation room, while he stares at his wife with the blank look of a serial killer, his hands are shaking as if he is worried or scared. 

I think its these little inconsistencies that draw the viewer to Hyun soo's character and make us feel for him even though he was still a mystery right up until ep 8. I really think lee joon gi is such a great  actor, i hope one day he will go back to making movies and be more internationally renowned for his great work. 

@chickenchopflipflop83 Totally agree with you. JG is amazing in this drama, his subtle and micro expression  just draw you into the character. When he is on screen , all eyes are focused on him, he is mesmerising!!!

I have to watch each episode of  Flower Of Evil at least three times-  without sub to focus on the acting , with sub so I know what's going on, and all together to appreciate it in its fullness...

I also hope he goes back to making movies and more people can appreciate what a fine actor he is !

• Like 5
  • Jillia changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기