Quantcast

Lee Joon Gi And Seo Hyun Woo Have A Tense Confrontation In “Flower Of Evil”

99b8ac22d7f74ca8bb33058c5b914af9.jpeg?s=

Things are about to become very tense in the upcoming episode of “Flower of Evil” as Lee Joon Gi shows his true colors!

The tvN drama is a suspenseful new thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoilers

Spoiler

The first episode of “Flower of Evil” showed the blissful marriage life of Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won.

However, things took a drastic turn towards the ending when reporter Kim Mu Jin (played by Seo Hyun Woo) showed up at Baek Hee Sung’s workshop. Kim Mu Jin made the mistake of bringing up Baek Hee Sung’s past, and Baek Hee Sung locked him up in his secret basement under the workshop.

On July 30, the drama unveiled new stills of what will happen to Kim Mu Jin next. Baek Hee Sung’s expression is cold and merciless, and Kim Mu Jin’s pale face is dripping with cold sweat as he faces the man who trapped him in the frightening basement. Kim Mu Jin’s wrists and ankles are bound, and Baek Hee Sung watches him with a hint of amusement as he does nothing to help his struggling victim.

lee-joon-gi-seo-hyun-woo-1.jpg

The tension further escalates when Baek Hee Sung clamps a hand over Kim Mu Jin’s mouth. It seems as if Baek Hee Sung is threatening him, and viewers are wondering if Kim Mu Jin will make it out of the basement alive.

lee-joon-gi-seo-hyun-woo-2.jpg

The second episode of “Flower of Evil” will air on July 30 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch the premiere of “Flower of Evil” here:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

Ahem, the sweet kiss in the opening was  HOT, HOT:evilelmo:

Didn't in the past, there were comments that JG is not a good kisser, well that's certainly not the case now. 

Great start for Flower of Evil - captivating and intriguing, making viewers want more... JG and MCW are perfect. There have been quite a few pairing that gave me cringes in JG's previous dramas ...

I am also touched by the love and support by JG family around the world - he has not been forgotten:wub: Fighting

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Yes...that opening scene Ep1 was quite hot! Lip bite, little smiles, face holding hot.

9Pl7sl4.png

I love when JG does that half smile

Even when it means he is getting ready to plan to kill you 

Shiruende anyone? 

I'm enjoying the drama so far. I just finished Episode 2.  I'm enjoying Hee Sung and his compartmentalizing...who gets to see what out of him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Flower Of Evil”

5534fe7a2d3f4508a0592084b7560c78.jpeg?s=

The highly anticipated crime thriller “Flower of Evil” has finally premiered and, wow, did it deliver on its promise of intrigue and suspense! This drama has all the great makings of a crime drama mixed with the theatrical angst of melodramas. Even better, it stars both Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won who won fans over with their chemistry back in 2017 with the Korean remake of “Criminal Minds.”

“Flower of Evil” follows the relationship between Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) and the ups and downs of their marriage. While their marriage and family seem perfect on the outside, Hee Sung harbors a dark secret. He’s a loving husband and metalsmith by day and suspected of being a deadly killer by night. His alleged crimes begin to catch the attention of his wife Ji Won, who is a perceptive and intelligent detective.

While the premiere episodes did give us some answers about Hee Sung’s motives and crimes, it also opened up thousands of other questions. The drama definitely seems to be promising a great cat and mouse chase between Hee Sung and Ji Won that will lead to justice and heartbreak all at once. Here are some of the things we loved and hated about the premiere episodes.

Warning: Spoilers for the premiere episodes below. 

LOVED: The opening kiss scenes

Let’s be honest, getting a kiss scene in a K-drama between the main leads is a slow, torturous wait nine times out of 10. “Flower of Evil” doesn’t waste time and gives not one, but two kissing scenes between Hee Sung and Ji Won right off the bat. The first is a cinematic underwater kiss where Hee Sung is tied down, while the second is a steamy make-out session in his shop before Ji Won hurries off to work.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil

If we put aside for a second that Hee Sung is a murderer, these scenes are a treat for viewers. Many fans raved about the pair’s chemistry back in 2017 when they starred together in “Criminal Minds,” and these scenes showcase their chemistry in a different and romantic light. These moments delightfully set up the audience to feel the conflict that will be explored when Ji Won discovers the truth about Hee Sung. Their marriage seems cute, playful, and picturesque and corrals fans to root for their success as a couple. The writers are teasing viewers to make them wish and hope that Hee Sung’s past isn’t true, and it makes for some very compelling television.

Spoiler

LOVED: Cha Ji Won’s chemistry with her colleagues

Some of the most entertaining parts of the premiere episodes are the scenes between Ji Won and her two fellow detectives Yoon Sang Pil (Im Chul Hyung) and Im Ho Joon (Kim Soo Oh). It’s clear from the beginning that Sang Pil has a very different approach to solving cases that relies on his gut feelings, unlike Ji Won who likes to face the evidence head-on. Ho Joon is a mix between the two and tends to get caught between friendly quarrels on who he prefers more.

Their dynamic is clearly shown in the first case when a father is accused of pushing his son down the stairs. While Sang Pil is quick to believe he did it and illegally obtains evidence of the man’s affair, Ji Won brushes it off and focuses on the other facts and details. She eventually notices that the vitamins the victim’s mother takes are drugs and makes the connection to the affair and the crime at hand.

Their team has a great sense of camaraderie despite their differences, and the narrative establishes them as intelligent and competent, thus cementing them as a team to be reckoned with. Their team will no doubt be a formidable opponent to Hee Sung’s lies and manipulation, and it will be captivating to watch them work together to find the truth.

LOVED: Baek Hee Sung’s duality

Something to be expected from the teasers is the striking difference between Hee Sung’s demeanor when he’s around Ji Won and his daughter Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) versus when he’s by himself. As soon as they aren’t looking, his whole expression darkens, and viewers are left to wonder what he’s capable of. A particularly chilling scene is when he practices smiling in the mirror.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil2.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil3.gif

After this scene, you can see the calculation behind his smile. It’s almost as if you can hear his brain telling him to make sure all the little makings of a genuine smile are on his face. It’s meticulous, cunning, and no doubt speaks to how he approaches his crimes. Seeing that Hee Sung is so committed to his lies and friendly appearance, he definitely won’t be an easy catch for our team of detectives. Lee Joon Gi deserves major praise for his portrayal, and I suspect he will continue to shine as the drama continues.

LOVED: Ji Won confronting Park Seo Young in the bathroom

While it’s clear this show is going to explore the psychology of killers through Baek Hee Sung, the scene near the end of the second episode with Ji Won and Park Seo Young (Lee Ju Yeon), a suspect in a violent murder of an elderly woman, also seems to raise some questions. Ji Won initially asks Seo Young for her DNA to test against the DNA found at the crime scene, but tensions rise when Seo Young reveals her true colors and cuts Ji Won under her eye. Ji Won fights back and lists the different ways she could kill her quickly.

Ji Won seems cold and calculating in this scene much like her husband’s secret self. Of course, as a dutiful detective, she doesn’t follow through with any of her threats. This scene brings a lot of intrigue to Ji Won’s character and begs the question of how innocent she will remain as the next episodes air. It also further sets her up as a foil to Hee Sung’s character. While she could have easily followed through with the same violence Hee Sung and Seo Young have instigated, she chose not to. It will be interesting to see how she approaches Hee Sung’s crimes and if her reactions will continue to teeter between right and wrong.

HATED: Hee Sung not taking Eun Ha’s side when she was in trouble

One scene that isn’t particularly fun to watch is when Ji Won and Hee Sung are called to come to Eun Ha’s school because she got in a fight with her classmate. Eun Ha is in tears and has a nosebleed after her classmate hit her for touching her doll. While Ji Won tries her best to mediate the situation and asks for an apology, the opposing mother is rude and callous. Eventually, when Hee Sung enters, he caves to the mother’s requests and tells Eun Ha to apologize.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil4.jpg

While he certainly cheers up Eun Ha afterwards, it’s still a heartbreaking scene. Much like Ji Won points out, he invalidated Eun Ha’s feelings and further disappointed her because he’s her favorite person in the whole world. Seeing Eun Ha cry is a total punch in the gut, and it makes you hope you’ll never have to see it again. It begs the question, will Eun Ha bear witness to any truths about Hee Sung’s past? Will her adoration for her father be twisted into something else later on? It will be both interesting and gut-wrenching to see how their close relationship progresses as the show continues.

Begin watching “Flower of Evil” below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 3

*** The drama premiered to a nice 3.4 percent and later decreased to 2.9 percent. Still, a decent start. :blush:

******************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of July 27-Aug. 2, 2020

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, July 29      
Memorials 9 KBS 3.3%
United Effort to Accomplish One Thing 3 MBC 3.9%
Was It Love 7 JTBC 2.1%
Flower of Evil 1 tvN 3.4%
Thursday, July 30      
Memorials 10 KBS 3.2%
United Effort to Accomplish One Thing 4 MBC 2.8%
Was It Love 8 JTBC 2.0%
Flower of Evil 2 tvN 2.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-july-27-aug-2-2020/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, willenette said:

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Flower Of Evil”

I would like to add to the “Loved” part:

Heesung and Moojin- great acting from both actors, I kept rewatching the part when  Hee sung realised Moojin recognised him, the subtle facial expressions, the tension...

and there is nothing I hate about the drama so far, not even the part Eunha had to apologise, that part  illustrated the importance of having a good reputation in Heesung’s view because of his own past experience. Sort of “tough love”... 

I am glad the drama is getting raving review , everyone in the drama deserves it.

and JG, what can you say- after Wang So, one would think how is he going to top that? He continues to surprise us , JG fighting

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

I would like to add to the “Loved” part:

Heesung and Moojin- great acting from both actors, I kept rewatching the part when  Hee sung realised Moojin recognised him, the subtle facial expressions, the tension...

and there is nothing I hate about the drama so far, not even the part Eunha had to apologise, that part  illustrated the importance of having a good reputation in Heesung’s view because of his own past experience. Sort of “tough love”... 

I am glad the drama is getting raving review , everyone in the drama deserves it.

and JG, what can you say- after Wang So, one would think how is he going to top that? He continues to surprise us , JG fighting

@Tuiwgn,  And  in cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in August 2020

Flower of Evil Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi

We’re making our way to August and that brings a lot of new choices for those kdramas that we love so much.

Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this August 2020 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in August 2020:

CURRENTLY AIRING IN AUGUST:

8. Flower of Evil

Flower of Evil Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won

Flower of Evil is a romance thriller about an emotionless psychopath (Lee Joon Gi) who changes his identity and tries to leave his dark past behind him that marries a homicide detective (Moon Chae Won) who is trying to uncover the truth.

Flower of Evil airs Wednesday and Thursday on tvN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2020/08/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-august-2020/

• Thanks 1

Moon Chae Won Grows Suspicious As Lee Joon Gi Sets Out To Find What He Needs In “Flower Of Evil”

7a16abb2fdcf4611bbe0c630ba5274fe.jpeg?s=

tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Flower of Evil” has shared new stills of Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won locked in an uncomfortable situation as she unknowingly begins chasing after him as a suspect.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The new stills show Baek Hee Sung breaking into someone’s house. His hat is pushed down to hide his face as he searches the house like he’s looking for something. He is deep in thought, as though things aren’t going the way he’d hoped, and his cold expression is far from the ones he shares with his wife and daughter. Having locked former classmate Kim Moo Jin in a basement as he knew Baek Hee Sung’s real identity as Do Hyun Soo, it remains to be seen what would be valuable enough for Baek Hee Sung to go searching.

Lee-Joon-Gi-1.jpegLee-Joon-Gi-2.jpegLee-Joon-Gi.jpeg

Meanwhile, Cha Ji Won is in the middle of a meeting at the police station, her gaze sharp as she listens to the conversations going on. The previous episode had hinted at a new investigation opening up following the murder of a man who had worked with Do Hyun Soo, a suspect in the Gagyeong village head murder and the son of the man behind the Yeonju serial killings. The murderer had been wearing a black raincoat at the time, and Baek Hee Sung had come home also wearing a raincoat, causing Cha Ji Won to grow suspicious.

Moon-Chae-Won-1.jpegMoon-Chae-Won.jpeg

The production staff stated, “This is set to be another fast-paced episode as Cha Ji Won comes one step closer to Baek Hee Sung’s identity. Please keep watching till the end.”

The next episode will air on August 5 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Apparently with much regret I will be discontinuing the make over I was planning to do with Lee Joon Gi's thread. Thank you for all the photos you have already contributed.

Also , I will be giving up my first page authorship and hand it over to someone who is interested to manage the thread. Granted there are more than one volunteers, I will take into consideration your being a fan of JG so that the page will remain updated as it is. 

Thank you. 

@LyraYoo, thank you for managing JG’s thread for so long, your work is much appreciated. All the very best !

• Like 3

*** On August 5, yesterday third episode of “Flower of Evil” enjoyed an increase in viewership from its previous episode last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent. This drama is a masterpiece! It keeps getting better and better. I'm glad that it's good! It doesn't move away to the main plot of the story. It's beyond my high expectation.

:blush:
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, willenette said:

*** On August 5, yesterday third episode of “Flower of Evil” enjoyed an increase in viewership from its previous episode last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent. This drama is a masterpiece! It keeps getting better and better. I'm glad that it's good! It doesn't move away to the main plot of the story. It's beyond my high expectation.

:blush:

Yeah !! Hope it keeps going up.

The drama deserves it - @willenette masterpiece indeed!!!

I am glad  JG is back with a bang!!:hooray:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Yeah !! Hope it keeps going up.

The drama deserves it - @willenette masterpiece indeed!!!

I am glad  JG is back with a bang!!

@Tuiwgn, it is! According to Nielsen Korea, the August 6 broadcast, which was last night recorded an average of 3.7 percent viewership, for a 0.6 point increase from the previous episode and a new personal best in ratings. I hope it will continue to go up. I hope it's gonna be higher in coming EPs. So happy that ratings of "FOE" is high considering that it's a cable drama. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

After the first two episodes I tried to hold back and wait until the show completed but failed. Episodes 3 and 4 were so good. I watched ep 3 before bed and found it hard to go to sleep after so I waited until Friday morning 4 am to watch ep 4 and it didn't disappoint me, it woke me up completely, it was so exciting. This show has rejuvenated Kdrama which has been getting pretty boring the last 2 years. The directing and editing is top notch and the acting of all the characters are great especially our two leads. If you are expecting the regular psycho thriller then you would be disappointed, the real story lies with the two leads, their past, present and what the future will bring. Now I understand what the director meant in his interview about it being 20% suspense and 80% melodrama. I hope the show will continue to shine until the end. Happy watching everyone !

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, hiluna said:

After the first two episodes I tried to hold back and wait until the show completed but failed. Episodes 3 and 4 were so good. I watched ep 3 before bed and found it hard to go to sleep after so I waited until Friday morning 4 am to watch ep 4 and it didn't disappoint me, it woke me up completely, it was so exciting. This show has rejuvenated Kdrama which has been getting pretty boring the last 2 years. The directing and editing is top notch and the acting of all the characters are great especially our two leads. If you are expecting the regular psycho thriller then you would be disappointed, the real story lies with the two leads, their past, present and what the future will bring. Now I understand what the director meant in his interview about it being 20% suspense and 80% melodrama. I hope the show will continue to shine until the end. Happy watching everyone !

Apart from the main couple, I also love the odd couple- DHS/BHS and reporter MJ, their first encounter, the basement , the eye roll... a joy to watch!

LJG is superb here , no doubt one of his best drama character! However, I still miss him in a sageuk... :wub:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Apart from the main couple, I also love the odd couple- DHS/BHS and reporter MJ, their first encounter, the basement , the eye roll... a joy to watch!

LJG is superb here , no doubt one of his best drama character! However, I still miss him in a sageuk... :wub:

Ditto.. I really really miss him in sageuk, tehy don't produce many anymore and it isn't the same without our LJG :cries3:

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기