Quantcast

On 7 May 2020 at 5:22 PM, dejun said:

:lol: Thank goodness JG knows how to choose his work projects quite well.  So I don't get bored when I watched his shows except those that he acted in the early days.  For The King: Eternal Monarch, I find the title interesting but I read bad comments given on the first 4 episodes, in addition I know for a fact that LMH's acting hasn't improved much so I now hesitate downloading this drama as I'm not his fan but was hoping the story is captivating enough for me to invest my time in. :P  Thanks for your feedback.

Has JG finish filming yet?  Any news on that?

dejun, IDK why we hardly heard/read any news about his upcoming drama. :wub:

• Sad 1
  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

2 hours ago, willenette said:

dejun, IDK why we hardly heard/read any news about his upcoming drama. :wub:

I don't know why no articles about Flower of Evil but what's strange is that Moon Lovers is almost totally ignored although is one of the most successful Korean drama

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

I don't know why no articles about Flower of Evil but what's strange is that Moon Lovers is almost totally ignored although is one of the most successful Korean drama

I don't know why we aren't hearing more about Flower of Evil, but Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing. They had to recut the first few episodes, which is the version the international audiences are seeing now. As a former feature film editor, I wasn't surprised at what a difference the editing made in the domestic ratings.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, joybran said:

I don't know why we aren't hearing more about Flower of Evil, but Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing. They had to recut the first few episodes, which is the version the international audiences are seeing now. As a former feature film editor, I wasn't surprised at what a difference the editing made in the domestic ratings.

I don’t care much about ratings but was very disappointed for LJG ‘s sake.

Despite all the flaws people talked about , LJG as Wang So was iconic, his performance alone was worth every second of the time one has invested into the drama. And  in my opinion, it is very shortsighted for the Korea entertainment industry to dismiss this internationally  super popular drama. Instead of looking inward , they should be going global... plus there were lots of discussions then on how the rating datas were collected - I remember reading that it was only based on a sample size of 2000 household by watching their TV set . And really how many of us are still watching TV even back in 2016....

Moon Lovers without LJG would be totally another story though...

Hoping his new drama “Flower of Evil” will bring him the success he so deserves.

Sorry for fangirling  but this is LJG’s site after all.:D

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 5/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, joybran said:

...Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing...

There are several reasons why ratings in South Korea was lower than anticipated.  Bel, Youtuber summed this really well so I shared the comments as quoted here:

"1. This drama was aired at the same time Love in the moonlight was aired.

2. In the cast were "a lot" of idols (IU, Baekhyun, Seohyun, Z.Hera) and public don't like idols acting bc they think they suck /rolling eyes/

3. At that time, IU was under a lolita/pedofile controversy for the lyrics of her song "Zeze" since 2015.

4. Many people found the zooms and the editing in general annoying.

5. The first 2 episodes were too slow and didn't made clear if it was a comedy drama or a melodrama, the rumor about his drama being bad started to spread and many people didn't saw it for this reason."

That's why when Moon Lovers was offered to JG at that time, one concern I have was about the PD who will direct this show.  Based on his previous works, I was sceptical of his performance.

@Tuiwgn  This show was simultaneously shown in US and China websites as well as in South Korea so its global.  After a few episodes were aired, Japan decided to buy broadcasting rights as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Four years on and we are still talking about Moon Lovers, Goes to show how deep this drama has impacted us...:rolleyes:

well, new drama is coming in two months time-“Flower of Evil”, heay! Can’t wait!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I really miss LJG in sageuks, that genre doesn't have much to offer these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart. I can't wait to see his new show but I am hoping his character isn't going to be all bad :unsure: I still think he should do another Goryeo period show, I miss Moon Lovers :tears:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

I don't know if official or fanart...

happyfanlgx, official or fanart, thanks for sharing this. Honestly, I hope we could get MORE materials/articles about his upcoming drama. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
3 hours ago, willenette said:

happyfanlgx, official or fanart, thanks for sharing this. Honestly, I hope we could get MORE materials/articles about his upcoming drama. :blush:

Welcome :) I've searched for more info about this drama but I didn't find the official website or info about filming location(well, I can understand why...coronavirus) ...Maybe it's too early and we're too eager:D

• Like 4
On 5/11/2020 at 3:54 AM, hiluna said:

I really miss LJG in sageuks, that genre doesn't have much to offer these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart. I can't wait to see his new show but I am hoping his character isn't going to be all bad :unsure: I still think he should do another Goryeo period show, I miss Moon Lovers :tears:

Hiluna,  I miss him in sageuks too, no one comes close to him in historical dramas.  I will take any periods...:wub:

these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart.   So true 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

Welcome :) I've searched for more info about this drama but I didn't find the official website or info about filming location(well, I can understand why...coronavirus) ...Maybe it's too early and we're too eager:D

Very very eager - It HAS been two years! :blink:

Top 10 Domestic Films in South Korea Based on Ticket Sales

The world is starting to enjoy & notice how wonderful the storylines and beautiful cinematography Korean movies offer! A lot of people are into watching Korean drama series as well, while movies are getting popular internationally, and the viewers don't mind reading subtitles.

The following films are listed according to the number of tickets sold nationwide from 2004 to 2020 by KOBIS (ticketing) statistics Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

Here's the list of the top 10 domestic films in South Korea based on ticket sales:

10. King and the Clown (2005)

Admission: 12,302,831

During the 16th-century Chosun Dynasty, two struggling actors mock the king while performing an act and got arrested. They have to make the king laugh so their lives will be spared. Surprisingly, the king loved their act and became jesters of the palace.

(skipped unrelated...)

source : Kdramastars

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, willenette said:

...according to the number of tickets sold nationwide from 2004 to 2020 by KOBIS (ticketing) statistics Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

10. King and the Clown (2005)

Admission: 12,302,831

A great and successful movie

Also a very profitable one: 

Budget US$ 3.5 million 
Box office US$ 74.5 million 
!!! (Original release: December 29, 2005-December 9, 2006)

This means that the profit was over 21 times higher than the investment !!!:thumbsup:

As I know there is no other South Korean movie more profitable than The King  And The Clown :star::heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Jillia changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기