Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

17 hours ago, violina said:

Hmm so our Lee Joon Gi is playing himself:D:).You can always trust JG to be multi dimensional in every work he is in. 'Doesn't seem all that serious in his day to day life' , 'proactive member of his team' and full of surprises(his BTS videos , dancing, mood maker on film set anyone?) his Instagram account?But then when its time to act or when giving magazine interviews.He turns 180 degrees and all the funny, crazy, flamboyant JG gone. He suddenly goes all philosophical, serious and intense. For those who are not fans but have only seen his fan meets. Know his Instagram account but haven't watched his dramas, or came across a BTS video of his on YouTube? wouldn't they think like this;  'man this guy has too much energy' is he ever serious?Does he ever slow down?He cant even sit still for a second?

That's exactly what I thought while reading his character description ^^ No wonder he is saying he has so much fun playing Hyun Joon.

About the credits, like some of you said, this is an ensemble drama so it doesn't really matter where his name is listed. The dynamics remind me of the drama "Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim" with Han Suk Kyu, Yoo Yun Seok and Seo Hyun Jin. A main triangle with a senior actor and his two "students". I prefer this a million times than JG being surrounded by green young actors... :tongue: Being placed second just after Son Hyun Joo looks perfect too me :wink: SHJ's character as the team leader is probably the anchor of the team, so it lets more ground to the younger characters around him to evolve, and especially JG's since he is going to be the new member.

• Like 10

Spoiler

Billing is an indicator of the worth and commercial value of the actor. That is why in the movie Beautiful Lie, Reese Witherspoon has the highest billing in the said movie despite only on supporting role and only appeared in few scenes. Reason being - she was the main actor in the promotion of the movie.

In CM, it's clear that LJG showed more  in the promos & even his character has extra shot in the teaser.

About the character,  Kim Hyun Jun is a character who is already an expert and experienced agent. I believe he is only a new member of the team but he's been an NCI agent for so long and was with a different investigation team within the agency. I have been updating about the CM-US lately. BAU agents outrank any police investigators and their position is equivalent to Police Station chief. 

On a another note, PYC topbilled against SHJ in Two Weeks & so as PHJ did the same in Man to Man against PSW. Are some agreeing here that PYC & PHJ are bigger actors than LJG? To me that does not make sense. Noticing how LJG is being underestimated here  is just frustrating.

In addition, there is nothing wrong to act with young & unknown talented actors. That is definitely alot better than to act with established actors and getting short-changed even it's bright & clear as broad daylight that LJG has more worth than the established actor esp in a drama that all main characters have equal value. --- thus the only determining factor on whether who gets first in the billing is the actors' commercial value.

I'll also repeat what I said in my previous post: I feel sorry for those fans who spent tons of dollars on adverts on magazines & billboards just to keep LJG on top. Yet LJG became a runner up in CM and that after headlining for 12 years and lost against a senior actor who's only been headlining for LESS than 5 years. 

I hope another project, where he'd be headlining again, is ready for him right after CM.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cedarwood said:

What can I say... :sweatingbullets:

You're Welcome!  <<<i say thank you>>>>>

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi missmaudy, thanks for sharing this. Can’t wait to see the drama to kick off on July 26. July 26, come faster please!  Now, counting down days to the premiere. I expect he'll deliver the goods in this show. Let's hope that it would be awesome. I’m hoping that this will be more than good. Well, whatever..... LJK still rock my world. LJK is back on the small screen soon & in modern clothes! I know I don’t really dig remakes but I do have high hopes for this! I wonder if Dramafever and Viki will have license to carry this drama. :tongue:

Patiently (NOT) waiting to find out which one might cover this!  I hope one of them do and it's not delayed.  

3 hours ago, zi4r said:

r2atSjn.jpg

Wheeeeeee!!! JG IG has just hit 2.4m followers! happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

:wub::DB)  Woot woot!  I'm hoping 2.5 will happen while the show is airing!

@missmaudy Regarding the CM tidbit-Hyun Joon/Jun-Gideon reference......hmmmmm.....interesting!!!!!  

8 hours ago, missmaudy said:
  Hide contents

I hope another project, where he'd be headlining again, is ready for him right after CM.

Sounds good to me!!

Thunderstorms are rolling in and out of here so I may have to disappear for a bit! Damn lightning! 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, willenette said:

wonder if Dramafever and Viki will have license to carry this drama. :tongue:

Storm has passed and I'm back!

So...for those that want to request Dramafever carry Criminal Minds...here is the link to do so!!  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

And for those that want to request Viki carry it....here is the link to do so!!

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Or do both!  (I have)

• Like 9

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

r2atSjn.jpg

Wheeeeeee!!! JG IG has just hit 2.4m followers! happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

Now this is the stuff I like to see:wub:

tumblr_nvmqu5cBRg1spfigfo1_500.gif

is it too much to wish that by the end of this year? we get to 3 million?Anyways, this July is shaping up really well.Now who is anticipating the press conference for criminal minds?...Am so desperately wishing the days will hurry up till then?I miss seeing Joon Gi talking on TV.I hope and hope he doesnt be too guarded.He should still flirt with the camera like he always does while he is there.I hope he remains the happy sunbae to the younger cast, e.g MCW, LSB, and GY and play with them freely, like he always did in his previous dramas.I am worried he might feel he needs to be guarded around the ladies(because you know why). I hope my worries are baseless.Anyways cant wait to hear his honey voice live on tv again.I am so looking forward to the BTS videos. Namoo doesn't disappoint with this.Now we have double treat with MCW on board, like back in 2014 when we had JHB. I will have fun collecting new gifs.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Storm has passed and I'm back!

So...for those that want to request Dramafever carry Criminal Minds...here is the link to do so!!  

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

Or do both!  (I have)

Hi pixelsticks, thanks for sharing the links. :tongue:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

@missmaudy Regarding the CM tidbit-Hyun Joon/Jun-Gideon reference......hmmmmm.....interesting!!!!! 

It has been awhile so I rewatched Seasons 1 & 2 or CM. To me it's the best seasons of the CM series and Mandy Patinkin (Jason Gideon) was a great loss to the show when he left. 

There are also some good info and spoilers too :) in the CM thread. I want to add to the spoilers but I'll just hide it for those who doesn't want to get their CM viewing pleasure be spoiled. 

Spoiler

Based on information we have from magazine interviews and news sites. 

Hyun Jun -  I think this character is a combo of many characters of the orig CM. As LJG said, you get to connect all characters through Hyun Jun. After rewatching seasons 1 & 2 and some readings in the CM tread, I kind of understand what LJG said about his character. 

In US series, Jason Gideon is the most empathetic character, a character with more emotional depth and someone who makes unconventional decisions. In the first episode of the US series, there was a narrative about how Gideon lost 6 men cause by the decision he made. This one has affected him so badly which resulted to take a leave of absence from the BAU for 6 months. The very first episode was the time he returned to work. He was always picked on by Derek Morgan & was called to be on the brink of nervous breakdown or suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I think Hyun Jun has the part of the backstory, life experience (loss of colleagues due to his decision & felt responsible for it, love interest) and the empathetic or emotional side of Jason Gideon. 

In the first few episodes of season 1, Derek questions many of Jason Gideon decisions. I think it's going to be Sun Woo who'd be doing it to Hyun Jun. These two characters may have some conflicts in the first few episodes just like Derek & Gideon did in the US version. Sun Woo will constantly be doubting Hyun Jun's decisions. I think Ki Hyung will tell Sun Woo to trust Hyun Jun just like how Hotch told Derek to trust Gideon. I think CM created the Sun Woo character to have the  behavioural profiling expertise of Derek Morgan.

The CM- US is a 12 year old series. So Hotch was a young Unit chief and was not a seasoned profiler yet in the beginning of the series. So I think Ki Hyung will have the Jason Gideon profiling experiece and expertise.

• Like 5

On 3.07.2017 at 9:47 AM, zi4r said:

Just a hint....... Everyone in my household has agreed that I should express my "feelings" towards JG's mag spreads only in the privacy of the bedroom. :D

Hahahhaahahaha!!! Well if all your family approves then... *cough* :tongue:

On 3.07.2017 at 9:47 AM, zi4r said:

and I'm actually going through the "hate" part of the cycle. But your words are so tempting...... I've gotta visit your

Enjoy it! I actually like pinterest since I don't have to store all pictures on my computer and that's ok. Yes, sometimes pinterest tries to suggest I should collect photos of Eminem (I don't know why) or Michael Jackson but it's rarely the case. Usually it welcomes me with tones of LJG pictures, some of them new. :)

14 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Or do both!  (I have)

Me too just in case. :)

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Finally a post from JG for his 2.4 milions follower on IG :wub::wub::wub:

But why he looks so serious in the vid? Shouldn't he be smiling?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I'm not so sure if he made this video exactly to celebrate the 2.4 millions follower... maybe he made it some time ago for something else (maybe for the "Thank you again" tour??) and since he didn't post it he use it for celebrate the achieve goal :huh:

But... who cares?!?!?! At least is a new video made by himself and it's not so "cold", "impersonal" and "patinated" like the last ones :D:D:D :wub::wub:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, cedarwood said:

It's his "look at my model hot poses and angular face with my runway model-sexy yet vacant stare." :tongue: Quite a trippy video with the kaleidoscope tones and video game music. 

4 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

I'm not so sure if he made this video exactly to celebrate the 2.4 millions follower... maybe he made it some time ago for something else (maybe for the "Thank you again" tour??) and since he didn't post it he use it for celebrate the achieve goal :huh:

But... who cares?!?!?! At least is a new video made by himself and it's not so "cold", "impersonal" and "patinated" like the last ones :D:D:D :wub::wub:

Baby steps baby steps! 

@missmaudy Love the photos you posted.  I like how they hid the light source in the mask to highlight his facial features.  And the makeup is actually great at accentuating the phoenix eyes!

• Like 5

It's a hectic day at work, so I won't have time to back-read/respond to any post until tonight (my night --- asia's tmrw morning).

But just to give you an update, regarding the Criminal Minds support project by LJG Global Fans Support Projects.

As some of you might remember, the contributions were collected from 1 May to 15 June. It was originally to send rice-stands to CM Press Conference. Well, TVN is not accepting rice-stands... so the club is using the contributions to buy ads for CM in subway stations.

See the details below.

(And maybe, show them some love by liking/commenting? Thanks!)

I personally think that it's a much better way to promote CM to KR audience than the rice-stands!

• Like 14

On 6/28/2017 at 11:31 PM, pixelsticks said:

So this is what we have so far....

Soompi Director's Choice for Hyun Joon: WHAT do you want to see Hyun Joon do? (Or what do you think will be added-even if you aren't thrilled about it)  If you could be the director...  <<<I'll start...feel free to add.....maybe we can check them off WHEN/IF they happen during the series or take shots each time it happens and get drunk off Hyun Joon>>>>

Hyun Joon:

1. will give the smirk where one side of his mouth curls up (see above photo).

2. will have a water drenched scene (where he is in a slightly good mood).

3. will have a bar scene where he dances or flirts just a little bit.  

4. will have a drinking game scene, karaoke included (bar scene is also a good thing!)

5. will interrogate someone and lose his temper

6. will have a sexy scene with his co-star without a kiss (with kiss too but later!)

7. will have playful / lovely moment with a kid (we ALLLLMOST can check that already but let's wait for the drama actually)

8. will wear a suit at least 4 times.

9. will briefly expose the elusive torso.

10. will have a bromance with SHJ or Go Yoon.

11. will cry at least 3 times. 

So nobody else wants to contribute?  :unsure:

12. will curse

13. will make those pouty faces when he gets yelled at

14. will lose the rosary bracelet or something will happen to it

15. will miss the target when shooting a gun at least once

16. will tackle a suspect 

17. will wink

Image result for joon gi winking

• Like 8

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

New picture from the CM set

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing the new pictures. I'm excited to see LJK on the small screen again. I'll be waiting for this drama because of him.  Let's hope for the best. Another LJK's drama to look forward to. I look forward to MORE..........:tongue:

• Like 8