Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Someone seems to be enjoying himself! :heart:

(More pics here from CM set: http://blog.naver.com/bluepoto3/221040573634) (@pixelsticks Thanks for alerting about link. @glassnokamen Thanks for correct link.)

@glassnokamen Hahaha!!! So I was out of the loop! Yeah, almost impossible to recognize our beautiful man in that scene!

Edited by zi4r
Fixed link!
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I don't know why but I think Hyun Joon will be kind of a tough guy so maybe he'll cry once - and I'm not sure if at all.

Haha you may be right...but I was thinking over 20 episodes.  That's a long time!  Think about it.  We saw him sitting in a bomb-destroyed room looking all angsty.  The rosary bracelet has to have some "angst" with it.  And one more cry for good measure!  That and he is really good at it!

6 hours ago, zi4r said:

ROFL..... You're a hoot! :D

And a dork and want to have fun!  The list is also for what you seriously want to see...so list away everyone! 

1 hour ago, glassnokamen said:

Someone had posted it I believe in FB some time ago, but it's not so easy to recognize our handsome JG in that zombie, so don't worry to not recognize him while watching the film in theatres :D:D

Hahaha....I remember reading that on here and did have to replay it a few times when I rented the bluray to see... 

Spoiler

JG chomping on Iain Glenn's neck. :crazy:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, missmaudy said:

My take on the following topics:

Saguek: Those criticising about him doing Saguek consecutively are mostly international viewers who are not so inclined and have less understanding of this type of setting or some just sprouts those words for the heck. Many Korean actors are hesitant to do Saguek due to the fear of being criticised as the acting for this setting requires specific tone of speech and degree of emotions. If actors can be stone-faced and execute an expressionless acting or monotonous delivery of dialogues in modern setting, definitely these things aren't acceptable in Saguek, otherwise they've to be prepared for criticism by Korean folks esp the mature ones. 

Just like modern setting, Saguek or period setting dramas are in different Genres too. 

Never Said Goodbye movie

Though I wished for JG to walk on the red carpet, but I did not expect extensive promotions from JG side. One thing it is a Chinese production. While China banned Korean artists in any Chinese productions which resorted to their parts being deleted or worst resulted the drama or movie being not shown at all if they are leads, I think it's a consolation that NSG is being shown in 50 theatres. It is also a bonus that it's getting daily coverage in the internet and made it to the KBS news. 

In addition, I think active LJG participation in promoting this movie in SK can be construed as unpatriotic.

Upcoming projects:

I hope another project is already lined up for him to do after CM. I hope it's a movie. He has been away from Chungmuro for a decade already and about time to make a comeback. Another collab with Director Lee Joon Ik will be great.This director has been doing pretty good in Chungmuro after the TKATC. His last movie did decently in the box office and his movie that premiered yesterday performed better than the much hyped Kim Soo Hyun movie. 

That may be the case, but this is one International viewer that enjoys Saguek's even without knowing about tones of speech, etc.  But then I like historically based narratives, and prefer them over the daily grind stories. What I recognize is JG's ability to emote in that genre, and maybe that type of emoting is considered "too strong/overt/overly dramatic" in modern dramas.  I am so excited to see how JG portrays Hyun Joon and how emotive or reserved he may be in his acting.  SO excited to see! Did I emphasize SO EXCITED??!!

You have done a great job explaining this issue (China/Korea) to me in the past, and thank you for showing the KBS news footage.  I still find it slightly heartwrenching that a major project of his cannot be promoted/recognized with full fanfare in the country of his birth. 

And I am with you in hoping that JG has offers he is either considering or has "ready to go" for the fall of 2017.  Hwaiting!

4 minutes ago, zi4r said:

(More pics here from CM set: http://naver.me/G76DgUqc)

Link doesn't work for me.  

• Like 8

@pixelsticks Per my personal observation: Saguek is almost theatrical. The moves and narratives are bolder and stronger esp with traditional Saguek. Fantasy Saguek tends to be  a little milder. I noticed that there are different tones too depending on the era.  Yes definitely Saguek style will be an overdone, funny & awkward if applied in modern drama. :) 

About upcoming projects: let's cross our fingers on that. :) 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

RE:FinalChapter Blu-ray I ordered just arrived yesterday. So I decided to re-watch all the JG scenes and a few other scenes this morning, before I have to get ready for work.

And erm..... Maybe, everyone who's seen the movie already noticed it, and this is not really a revelation to all of you. But even though I've watched it in the theatres 3 times, I didn't notice something about JG's character!!! Now, I'm so excited, I have to talk about it.

(MAJOR SPOILER inside the tag. Please don't look if you haven't watched it and if you intend to do so.)

Reveal hidden contents

JG is THE zombie that bit and killed Dr Isaacs at the end!!!

AUjPRe6.gif

The scene is so dark and so fast that I didn't notice that when I watched it in theatres.

And now that I realize it, what he said during SG press-conference seems a lot more possible! (Even though I hope not. He deserves to act in something wayyyyyy better than Resident Evil franchise.) 

Has anyone watched it? Am I getting it wrong?!

Or does everyone already know, and am I being clueless by not realizing it sooner? Hahaha! :grimace:

Sorry @zi4r you are a bit late on this revelation. I haven't seen the movie but someone already posted this scene awhile back :tongue:

• Like 6

I know someone posted earlier now that i was reading the thread carefully.I had a really busy day today.I almost missed it.But i just have to repost this one;My favorite pic of the day:

pinetree_0417-1498770297562_zpsmsu4t53p.

like smiley jun ki yass..gimme more:):lol:.Twirls:

e42b5271gw1edp1zcvb0cg206y0777wh_zpsx6u9

Also awww our JG's eye wrinkles are becoming more and more prominent when he smiles.But that can only be a good thing:grin:.That means more and more meatier roles for him(as if he is not doing meaty roles already).like chief doctor in hospital..professor in school setting, partner in law firm etc as for saeguk..my the options will be even more and more limitless.His eyes already tell alot of stories but with the eye wrinkle..it just adds alot more and more depth to the story telling.Like if you look into Son Hyun Joo's eyes or Kim Kap Su(the guy who was his boss in TBDW, the one with the hazel eyes).Eyes of someone who has had alot of life experiences.Someone with lots to share.Lots of wisdom.

• Like 11

Hyunjun is "police" here, apparently.

Gosh..... He looks lethal....... and it has nothing to do with the huge sniper gun in his hands. He looks soooooo good in black. Arghhhhhh!!!!

And look what came in the mail today!

etMlRsh.jpg

zqauuM7.jpg

Well, it's exact same stuff as online. But I get to feeeeeeeeeeeel him....... hahaha!

happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

• Like 13

@hiluna I know, I know .... hehehe......:D

Before I managed to catch it in theatres, I avoided spoilers like a plague. And then, after I watched it, my RL went sideways and I was away from JG land for weeks! Now, trying to get back in the groove....... and so I'm still kinda in catch-up mode. My "revelations" are old news, it seems!

Actually, I'm not even the one that saw JG in that scene. It was my husband. (He likes to diss JG just to annoy me.)

He was like.... "Your guy even had to squeeze in those final few extra seconds of exposure, huh? That's like almost literally 'dead time'. Hahaha..."

I was like: "What on earth are you talking about?"

.... and he pointed it out to me! Squeeeeee!!!

7 hours ago, violina said:

I know someone posted earlier now that i was reading the thread carefully.I had a really busy day today.I almost missed it.But i just have to repost this one;My favorite pic of the day.

like smiley jun ki yass..gimme more:):lol:.Twirls:

Also awww our JG's eye wrinkles are becoming more and more prominent when he smiles.But that can only be a good thing:grin:.That means more and more meatier roles for him(as if he is not doing meaty roles already).like chief doctor in hospital..professor in school setting, partner in law firm etc as for saeguk..my the options will be even more and more limitless.His eyes already tell alot of stories but with the eye wrinkle..it just adds alot more and more depth to the story telling.Like if you look into Son Hyun Joo's eyes or Kim Kap Su(the guy who was his boss in TBDW, the one with the hazel eyes).Eyes of someone who has had alot of life experiences.Someone with lots to share.Lots of wisdom.

It is, possibly, my favorite pic of the past 2 months! Such unadulterated laughter......... so lovely..... I need more of such carefree JG pics/vids! :heart:

And about the little laugh-lines around his eyes..... I wholeheartedly agree!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I know people rave about how young JG looks. I do agree to an extent ---> The usual afflictions that haunt many men of mid-thirties seem to be spared for this man.

But "young" is not really the word for him. "Young" cannot bring such character to his body of work, such presence in his aura, such meaning & life to everything he portrays, be it in photos or acting. His work in MLSHR and all the pics/vids since the new website shows that this is a boy no longer.... He is a true MAN of gravitas, whose commanding presence cannot be denied, no matter what he's doing.

I, for one, do not understand the industry's preoccupation with youthfulness. I love that JG is aging, and aging well. I love how his eyes have deepened throughout the years, how his face has lost its softness, how his every emotion is captured & enhanced by the little lines around his eyes & mouth, how his youthful enthusiasm is now accompanied by the confidence of a man who has weathered through a decade-long career of ups&downs.

I love it all.... because it means he's evolving. And it means that even more greatness lies ahead of him!

And as you said, I hope this means there will be meatier roles that he can really dig into.

And @violina, one more smile for you!

Edited by zi4r
grammar & added one more pic
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

Hyunjun is "police" here, apparently.

Gosh..... He looks lethal....... and it has nothing to do with the huge sniper gun in his hands. He looks soooooo good in black. Arghhhhhh!!!

Totally agree with you!!!! :heart: He's lethal with that uniform!!!!

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

And look what came in the mail today!

etMlRsh.jpg

zqauuM7.jpg

Well, it's exact same stuff as online. But I get to feeeeeeeeeeeel him....... hahaha!

happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

May I ask where did you buy "Marie Claire"? I try to buy that magazine and "Vogue" too, but I didn't find any on line store that shipp to Italy :/

• Like 8

This is really boggling me for quite sometime now. This quite a sensitive topic but what the heck I am posting it anyhow. I am not 100% certain but I really think it is. I believe CM US has this problem too.

I think the reason why they can't release the official thriller is because of the billing problem. I hope Lee Joon Gi and his agency should not give in and should not back down.Hmmm It's going to be a test of Namoo effectiveness as LJG representative. Anyway until the first teaser or first episode is not released, I am not losing hope. I am holding on the thought that they managed to get a major billing in RE for a 5-10 min appearance and a top bill on NSG... why can't they get it in CM when it is obvious LJG is the frontliner in the promotions of this drama. Aside from that, he is the one who's been on lead roles the longest amongst the main characters. If he won't get the top bill in CM, it's going to be so unfair on LJG and I would be very disappointed if that is the case.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

May I ask where did you buy "Marie Claire"? I try to buy that magazine and "Vogue" too, but I didn't find any on line store that shipp to Italy :/

I always buy my mags on gmarket. (Look inside the spoiler tag for the store links.)

But I don't see Italy on the "International shipping" countries list on GMarket. I had to ship mine to a re-shipping company in Singapore, which then deliver to Bermuda. A huge mess just to get 3 magazines!

For Marie Claire, I also found it on ebay. It says "International shipping except Africa". Try it out and see? (Link inside tag)

And vogue too on ebay.

Not sure it works as advertised. Hope you manage to get them! Good luck! :heart:

(You might wish to remove the pics from quotes. To make the mods' lives easier. ^_^)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

Not sure it works as advertised. Hope you manage to get them! Good luck! :heart:

(You might wish to remove the pics from quotes. To make the mods' lives easier. ^_^)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: I'll try as soon I'll go back at home after work :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, missmaudy said:

This is really boggling me for quite sometime now. This quite a sensitive topic but what the heck I am posting it anyhow. I am not 100% certain but I really think it is. I believe CM US has this problem too.

I think the reason why they can't release the official thriller is because of the billing problem. I hope Lee Joon Gi and his agency should not give in and should not back down.Hmmm It's going to be a test of Namoo effectiveness as LJG representative. Anyway until the first teaser or first episode is not released, I am not losing hope. I am holding on the thought that they managed to get a major billing in RE for a 5-10 min appearance and a top bill on NSG... why can't they get it in CM when it is obvious LJG is the frontliner in the promotions of this drama. Aside from that, he is the one who's been on lead roles the longest amongst the main characters. If he won't get the top bill in CM, it's going to be so unfair on LJG and I would be very disappointed if that is the case.

Hmm sensitive topic indeed but here is where i get to throw my too cents about this.Takes off fangirl brain for a moment and weighing in on this.First it could be, your intuition might be right, but for now I say lets assume thats not the issue because of this and can take off your worries just a bit;

1. List of credits has LJG first not second in the list of credits on Taewon Website as noted by @:

2.Second and more read spoiler since its a little off topic and a bit senstitve.I have no intention to offend anyone,I will try to be as objective as I can be:

Spoiler

2. I would think these are the sort of issues you sought out at negotiation and offer stage rather than when the drama has already started filming.I don't know how serious billing credits are but it seems really important.That would be the first thing I would ask before accepting an offer, if it affects my future projects.I dont think Namoo or JG would have been duped, like being told he would receive the highest billing, and then whoever does the paying later changes their minds.Both JG and Namoo have been in the business for way too long.If there were issues like this I dont think Namoo would have been actively promoting MCW and LJG, like they have been doing through their instagram posts.Nor happily blogged about JG's latest photo shoot or does anybody just blog on naver about an artist photoshoot?.I dont know anyone who knows can enlighten me.The only one who could potentially get a higher billing credit than JG is SHJ but if Key East(company managing SHJ) or him had an issue with this, they too wouldnt have blogged so happily about their artist.

3.Pretty much everyone save for JG, MCW and SHJ.If you follow them enough you should know why. From both CM US and Taewon producers, to the cast, staff, extras etc, have been happily promoting via social media, and you can see that JG  is the poster boy and then MCW and SHJ to a lesser extent. So it just doesnt make sense that he would be paid less than the others.I think its TVN who still havent got their act together.Whether its scheduling problem due to the genre of the drama, or a higher power than TVN is holding a tight lid on them or something that only they know.

Ok lets say this is the issue delaying everything. Just like everything to do with human relationships or well just relationships. Business or otherwise.There is thing called "compromise".If you think of it, there are more pros for JG starring in this production than cons.(Only con for me and maybe a few others is missing him in goryeo hair and hanbok:D).Even if the outcome of this project turns out to be not so good. It doesnt take away JG's talent, his longetivity in the industry has shown that his star power has never been diminished just because of lower billing credits compared to actors of his age and status.He remains bankable.Until he retires or maybe he himself decides to relegate himself to supporting roles.i can confidently say there is a long way before he stops receiving first lead role offers.

Another reason:

Spoiler

I dont think JG would regret conceding to SHJ for billing credits.First reason being out of respect for his senior.You all know, Koreans are strict about seniority and hierarchy.Second, do you know he was reluctant to do "two weeks" when he first got the offer because of how well SHJ performed in The Chaser.

https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2013/10/26/newstrans-two-weeks-lee-junki-as-a-32-year-old-romantic-fool-acting-as-a-dad-was-difficult-part-1/#more-441

I dont know if it was lip service when he was talking about SHJ in the vogue interview.He did say SHJ was one of the factors that made him accept criminal minds.That is the amount of respect he has for him.He did also say, I dont know if it was the marie claire interview one or the vogue one, where he said that in movie offers, even if he doesnt get the main character role, meaning not the highest billing.If it helps the plot or helps him grow as an actor.He will take the role.He has also said AH sung Ki is his all time role model.I bet a 100 bucks if he was offered starring Ah Sung Ki and he had to be billed second, he would happily grab the opportunity.

Even Mega Stars like Ha Ji Won and Jun Ji Hyun have done this before.HJW in The Chronicle of the Blood Merchant had to conceed to Ha Jung Woo and Jun Ji Hyun had to concede to Lee Jung Jae in the Thieves even though both have higher star power than these seniors.

Sorry again, I know I have the habit of rumbling too much.I dont know when I will ever learn to be brief, when it comes to things like this.I am not even that good at english writing.But anyway I trust that JG is a very shrewd business man.Yes they have been mishaps along the way, but what happen to him could happen to anyone. Lets hope criminal minds goes smoothly and becomes yet another one of JG's best works.

• Like 13

Billing is like a  business lifeline for any actors. As for LJG case, he probably has forgone so many good projects because of this. Giving in is like a business suicide  esp in his case in this drama that he has been used as the frontliner for promotions from the beginning and then towards nearing the broadcast, you notice slowly his name is second in the list. 

Spoiler

Definitely giving in to Son Hyun Joo is not a wise business decision. I would cry for LJG if that happens esp if he is forced to concede.

LJG did the same in May 18 like the cases HJW & JJH in those movies mentioned but we can't really compare that with CM. Also, LJG has been headlining since 2005, unlike Son Hyun Joo who has only been headlining from 2013. We can't also compare SHJ with  Ha Jung Woo & Lee Jung Jae because the last two mentioned actors have been headlining for many years.

Even in the US CM, Thomas Gibson who played Hotchner was not the top most billed actor amongst the main casts. It was Mandy Patinkin then  I think equal billing credit with Joe Mategna when Patin-kin left. But Joe Mategna is still the first actor in the list and Thomas Gibson got the 'And Thomas Gibson' in the opening credits of casts.

Well, I remain positive until the first official teaser & broadcast. 

• Like 3

Something cute to read: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/dramaland-catnip-surprise-youre-a-daddy/

Dramabeans write-up for "Surprise! You're a daddy!" drama-trope  ----  featuring JG's "Two Weeks". 

uxCKSYX.jpg

Bz1OwwY.jpg

Probably the best use of the surprise child trope is the drama Two Weeks. Lee Jun-ki stars as Tae-san, a low-level gangster and ex-con living without direction or happiness. Over the span of a few days, he learns he has an eight-year-old daughter, that his first love is about to marry someone else, and, oh, that his beautiful little girl has a terminal illness and he’s the only person who can save her life. Did I mention he also ends up on the run from people who want him dead? Talk about some big stakes.

In typical Jun-ki fashion, he spends sixteen episodes kicking richard simmons and looking gorgeous. Every trial Tae-san goes through is just one more step in his journey to save his child and grow as a man. The scene when Tae-san and his daughter, Soo-jin, are finally reunited is one of my top ten K-drama moments. The acting is pure, raw emotion, and it almost feels like you’re a voyeur peeking in on the most private of moments. I tear up at every rewatch, even though I always know it’s coming. Because in the end, Soo-jin isn’t the only one who’s saved. Tae-san’s love for his daughter helps him remember what it means to be part of the world again. Through fighting for his own life to save hers, he no longer has to live under the thumb of his evil boss and fear for those he loves. Instead of just surviving, Tae-san is finally living. And what could be a better gift than that?

:heart:

• Like 9